World Cup 2018 Playoff - Greece v HRVATSKA - November 12th, 2017 - Page 4 - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who will win this World Cup Playoff?
*** Who cares, HRVATSKA is going to World Cup 2018 in Russia WOOT!!!!!! *** 4 44.44%
HRVATSKA by 2+ Goals 2 22.22%
HRVATSKA by 1 Goal 2 22.22%
Scoreless Draw 0 0%
Draw with goals (1-1, 2-2, etc) 1 11.11%
HRVATSKA by 1 Goal 0 0%
HRVATSKA by 2+ Goals 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 21:57
Star Player

Teams: Croatia NT, Dinamo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rilla_ View Post
Strinic played well again, besides the lob in the first half where it hit the ribcage of the Greek player (got bailed out there).
Please tell me that you are kidding.

The Greeks were going around him like he was nothing, and he was very lucky not to give up a PK. His awareness is just not there at times as he gave up the ball many times. Good teams would have made us pay dearly.

Sorry, but he did not play very good. No offense my friend.
Ero likes this.

Well you just need something to fill the void that's left in your life. Lois has her knitting, Chris has his video games, Meg's learning how to drive, and me, I like the sauce…
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 21:59
Premier Player

Teams: PALIO PASOK! (to orthodoxo*), +Olympiacos, Greece
Congrats on qualifying

Dalic asked Sokratis to give him his jersey btw
Ante and Nepoznat like this.

Tha Seveste!
post #63 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 21:59
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepoznat View Post
yawn

what a boring game after all the excitement in the first leg... but that was kinda expected after the 4-1 result. In the end who cares since we are headed to Russia next June!

Bravo Vatreni Bravo
Just keep the piva coming!!
Nepoznat likes this.

Well you just need something to fill the void that's left in your life. Lois has her knitting, Chris has his video games, Meg's learning how to drive, and me, I like the sauce…

post #64 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 22:01
Rising Star

Quote:
I thought this was a too passive approach by Dalic. Being content with just holding onto the result can backfire in most cases. Hard to say who was the best player. Strinic played well again, besides the lob in the first half where it hit the ribcage of the Greek player (got bailed out there). Vida very solid too. Others were ok. All in all, too timid and safe performance
Yes Dalic talked about playing attacking but its not easy. Greeks were playing a high line as they knew they had to attack more. We definitely sat back more then in Zagreb but we played smart. There was never any panic which is a good sign.
Nepoznat likes this.
post #65 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 22:02
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Yes Dalic talked about playing attacking but its not easy. Greeks were playing a high line as they knew they had to attack more. We definitely sat back more then in Zagreb but we played smart. There was never any panic which is a good sign.
Yep.

post #66 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 22:04
Rising Star

Strinic is ok and the best we have to be honest. He was very good going forward in Zagreb. Pivaric just sucks and should never be in the national team again.
SPURS_LUKA_FAN and Nepoznat like this.
post #67 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 22:06
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivorakija View Post
Please tell me that you are kidding.

The Greeks were going around him like he was nothing, and he was very lucky not to give up a PK. His awareness is just not there at times as he gave up the ball many times. Good teams would have made us pay dearly.

Sorry, but he did not play very good. No offense my friend.
I'm not. He wasn't flawless obv. He wasn't skinned by anyone and always held his ground. There was an instance where Modric ran into his space causing confusion, which lead to needlessly giving up possession.
Orkan likes this.
post #68 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 22:08
Star Player

Quote:
Strinic is ok and the best we have to be honest. He was very good going forward in Zagreb. Pivaric just sucks and should never be in the national team again.
We need another LB regardless.

Justifying Strinic using Pivaric speaks volumes. When did I say we should start Pivaric? When did I even mention him? Why is it that when I make observations about Strinic, Pivaric automatically is mentioned?

This position is our weak link, regardless what anyone says.

Strinic was good for 30 minutes in Zagreb. The rest of that game was him being him.

post #69 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 22:11
Star Player

Quote:
I'm not. He wasn't flawless obv. He wasn't skinned by anyone and always held his ground. There was an instance where Modric ran into his space causing confusion, which lead to needlessly giving up possession.
He was skinned many times, and players went around him effortlessly.

What about the PK that could have easily happened? A good team would have made us pay dearly today. He did not play well.

post #70 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 22:14
Rising Star

Quote:

Justifying Strinic using Pivaric speaks volumes. When did I say we should start Pivaric? When did I even mention him? Why is it that when I make observations about Strinic, Pivaric automatically is mentioned?

Strinic was good for 30 minutes in Zagreb. The rest of that game was him being him.
Strinic is the best we have i believe . I was for giving Barisic a chance as i could not watch Pivaric anymore. Barisic looked solid for Osijek when i saw him.
croatian batman likes this.
post #71 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 22:16
International

Teams: Cro NT, NY Islanders, USA NT, Notre Dame
Strinic is our best LB option. That doesn’t mean he’s good.

Most boring game I think I’ve ever watched but the job is done.
Ante likes this.
post #72 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 22:20
Star Player

Quote:
Strinic is the best we have i believe . I was for giving Barisic a chance as i could not watch Pivaric anymore. Barisic looked solid for Osijek when i saw him.
I have no issues with giving Barisic a shot. I just don't want us to rest on our laurels regarding our LB spot.

post #73 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 22:22
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian batman View Post
Strinic is our best LB option. That doesn’t mean he’s good.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian batman View Post
Most boring game I think I’ve ever watched but the job is done.
Brother it is right up there on the boring scale! However, the beers taste lovely!!

post #74 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 22:30
Rising Star

Boring but effective as the Greeks would say.
rilla_, pivorakija and Nepoznat like this.
post #75 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 22:42
World Class Player

Teams: Rvacka
Quote:

Dude , you are being to hard on the fella, take a chill pill and enjoy this moment, time for a Karlovacko or two ....

We had Leovac and Pivaric in the squad yet they didn't get a minute of play. Strinic i far from perfect, but right now there is nobody that's better than him and playing Vrsalko there is a compromise too.
post #76 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 22:59
Star Player

Teams: Hrvatska repka
I was very happy with that game. There's a time to be entertaining and there's a time to be pragmatic. Dalic has the obligation to pick the right approach and the players are obliged to execute. In both matches, all parties did their job very well. Sto tu vise ima trazit?

As in the first game, we pressured high very well. The only difference between the two games is that in this second one we didn't take chances going forward, preferring instead to retain shape at all times. The onus was on Greece to demonstrate some quality in the middle and create opportunities. Unfortunately for them, that's not their game.

Very happy!
Ante and Grba like this.
post #77 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 23:50
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURS_LUKA_FAN View Post
Dude , you are being to hard on the fella,
Indicating or making an observation about a player not having a good game is far from being too hard on anyone or anything.

Quote:
take a chill pill and enjoy this moment, time for a Karlovacko or two ....
As mentioned previously, that is exaclty what I am doing.

Quote:
We had Leovac and Pivaric in the squad yet they didn't get a minute of play. Strinic i far from perfect, but right now there is nobody that's better than him and playing Vrsalko there is a compromise too.
All this because I made an observation about his game play?

Good shite.

post #78 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 23:51
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
I was very happy with that game. There's a time to be entertaining and there's a time to be pragmatic. Dalic has the obligation to pick the right approach and the players are obliged to execute. In both matches, all parties did their job very well. Sto tu vise ima trazit?

As in the first game, we pressured high very well. The only difference between the two games is that in this second one we didn't take chances going forward, preferring instead to retain shape at all times. The onus was on Greece to demonstrate some quality in the middle and create opportunities. Unfortunately for them, that's not their game.

Very happy!
Grba, ForzaFiume, Nepoznat and 2 others like this.

post #79 of 121 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2017, 23:59
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
Quote:
WE ARE CROATIA!

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia
post #80 of 121 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2017, 00:09
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
Very well played today by the boys...they played to the game plan to perfection, and the Greeks couldn't do anything.

Too bad Perisic's rocket wasn't a mm to the left, what a goal that would have been.

As for the guys, a few thoughts:

Suba-didn't have to do anything apart from a late save in traffic where he held onto the ball, was a nice save. He was sure and composed today. Though anytime we pass it back to him, I wonder if he'll f it up.

Vrsaljko-excellent game at the back. He made some nice tackles, was composed.

Strinic-what can I say, he's the best we have the left back.\ unfortunately. I wish for a Jarni back there but we just can't seem to produce anyone quality there and we have to make do. He did okay though it seemed it was the Greek game plan to try and go down his side. He did what he had to do.

Vida-rock solid as usual. Him and Modric were/are our most consistent players all campaign. Again, well played, no worries with him at the back, read the game well, and won his aerial duels.

Lovren-another great game from the big man. I know he is going through some tough times personally and at Liverpool, but for us, he delivered. Was excellent today. Won literally every aerial challenge and also on the ground. When he plays like this with Vida, we are a tough nut to crack.

Perisic-made some nice runs, helped on the defensive end, and almost scored a rocket.

Mandzo-warrior, and did what he needed to do to help us win. Made a great tackle that was called a foul. Only complaint was what were him and Modric doing on that one free kick that they ended up wasting. Just get in the box Mandzo, and do your thing.

Rakitic-great game again today. Was great in the air. Sprayed the ball around the park, defended well. Too bad he shanked that one free kick at the top of the box, but other than that, was excellent.

Luka-was Luka. Noting more to say. He got us to the WC. Simply the best midfielder in the world. End of discussion. We are so lucky to have him.

Kalinic-really impressed with his ability to control the ball in tight spaces, created some free kicks for us. Nicely played by him.

What more to say, we did it the hard way again via the playoffs. We have too much talent to have to do it this way, but I'll take it.

Off to Russia we go.
Nepoznat likes this.

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia

Tags
croatia , hrvatska , russia 2018 , world cup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in