Cro NT news - Xtratime Community
 452Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6106 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2007, 18:31 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Hajduk Split
Cro NT news

We don't have a thread for news re: nt so i though why not make one to post some info that doesn't go into any other thread

according to sportske novosti a friendly match between croatia and portugal has been arranged for next year. the match will be played in croatia, more precisely split. the match will be held under conditions that croatia and portugal aren't drawn to the same group neither for world cup 2010 qualifications nor for euro 2008. in case this condition isn't meet the friendly will be canceled. when its known that this condition is met the precise date will be released and the whole thing will be official.

Never forget
Never forgive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6106 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2007, 19:42
Star Player

Is Ronaldo coming? I hope not as Nives Celzijus will get all the tickets.
post #3 of 6106 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2007, 00:44
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
sweet, portugal in Split. But they'll fcuk em by making the tickets 450-750kn for sure.

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Rudyard Kipling

post #4 of 6106 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2007, 01:48
Rising Star

Teams: Dinamo Zagreb and Luka Modric
and Torcida will boycott

DINAMO ZAGREB
post #5 of 6106 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2007, 06:22
Rising Star

Teams: AC Milan & like the Croatian Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bin Rafi3
I suggest that there should be a thread for "NEWS" where anyone puts the latest news with their SOURCES to avoid romures and let the thread special for news so that nobody comments on the news.

The injury updates can be included in this big topic "NEWS" though.

Any suggestions?
It is a good idea to make a thread for the NT news as I previously mentioned.
post #6 of 6106 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2007, 06:31
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
I think that we discuss the NT heaps here, almost everything relates back to it. The NT, news etc. can take on heaps more than just one thread IMO.

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Rudyard Kipling
post #7 of 6106 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2007, 11:13 Thread Starter
Legend

rooney, terry and ferdinand are out of the match against us. source sportske novosti

Never forget
Never forgive
post #8 of 6106 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2007, 13:40
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
ferdinand is suspended...

Anyways, they all played in Zagreb when we beat them easily...

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia
post #9 of 6106 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2007, 21:03
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
so what are some of the friendly matches coming up? I read about discussions with the Dutch for them to come to Zagreb. I also see that a match at home against Denmark is also almost 100% certain. The other possible games which I read were Portugal home, Belgium away, Greece away and the Czech Republic, not sure where that would be played

Bilic wants to Dutch to act as the Germans and wants to find a team similar to Poland and Austria

I think it's crucial to set up important friendly's rather than just fill-ins, which happened in the last three tournaments.

Before WC 2002 we played a bunch of softies (Hungary, BiH, Slovenia)
Before Euro 2004 they really only had one true test Denmark away, the rest were softies with Macedonia away, Slovakia home
Before WC 2006 we played that Carlsberg Cup with a HNL All-star team, Austria away, Iran home, Poland neutral venue and Argentina neutral venue
post #10 of 6106 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2007, 21:06 Thread Starter
Legend

i read nothing so far. i expect friendlies will be arranged in the weeks to come.

Never forget
Never forgive
post #11 of 6106 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2007, 21:09
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
so what are some of the friendly matches coming up? I read about discussions with the Dutch for them to come to Zagreb. I also see that a match at home against Denmark is also almost 100% certain. The other possible games which I read were Portugal home, Belgium away, Greece away and the Czech Republic, not sure where that would be played

Bilic wants to Dutch to act as the Germans and wants to find a team similar to Poland and Austria
Yes I read that on Jutarnji's website. Did you read the article below about Hiddink and his wife thanking Bilic in the lift? The someone below posted "Onda ga je žena oralno zadovoljila...".
post #12 of 6106 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2007, 21:17
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Teams: Tottenham - Croatia
Quote:

Why not: Finland for Poland, Latvia or Ireland for Austria, And Netherland for Germany.

And if Croatia come in Belgium for a match, waaaaaaaaw.
It's fantastic !!!

COYS!

PanaSlaveBelupo: 2010/09: Dalmate, your vision is perfect. And your english when speaking is really good and makes me smile because you speak much better than English speakers when you discuss Football and things that you like.

post #13 of 6106 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 01:42
International

Teams: Cro NT, NY Islanders, USA NT, Notre Dame
I would like to play a non-European team if we could. I would love to play an African or South American team.

Or Hell lets play England again!!!
post #14 of 6106 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 02:08
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: Hajduk, vatreni
Quote:

I think it's crucial to set up important friendly's rather than just fill-ins, which happened in the last three tournaments.

Before Euro 2004 they really only had one true test Denmark away, the rest were softies with Macedonia away, Slovakia home
Before WC 2006 we played that Carlsberg Cup with a HNL All-star team, Austria away, Iran home, Poland neutral venue and Argentina neutral venue

We also played Spain as our last game prior to the WC06.

Ja! Ja sam BARABA!
Ja sam veliki Jack!
post #15 of 6106 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 11:47
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko021
Yes I read that on Jutarnji's website. Did you read the article below about Hiddink and his wife thanking Bilic in the lift? The someone below posted "Onda ga je žena oralno zadovoljila...".

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by baraba
We also played Spain as our last game prior to the WC06.

Didn't we also play Brazil in Split prior to 2006 WC? When was that again?
post #16 of 6106 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 12:29
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Brazil was summer 2005, I was in Cro at the time but left the day after Hajduk's memorable 5:0 loss to Debrecen
post #17 of 6106 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 15:37
Star Player

Davor Suker is talking crap again. He says he doesn't see a new Prosinecki and Boban in the new repka. Maybe he should go back and start kissing English a$$es again and telling Sky Sports how England will definitely get at least a point against Croatia and qualify for Euro 2008. Man Suker made me so happy as a player, but as a person he is an a$$hole. http://www.vecernji.hr/newsroom/spor...66874/index.do
post #18 of 6106 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 15:44
World Class Player

Quote:
Davor Suker is talking crap again. He says he doesn't see a new Prosinecki and Boban in the new repka. Maybe he should go back and start kissing English a$$es again and telling Sky Sports how England will definitely get at least a point against Croatia and qualify for Euro 2008. Man Suker made me so happy as a player, but as a person he is an a$$hole. http://www.vecernji.hr/newsroom/spor...66874/index.do

Read until the end (of that vecernji article). I was kind of surprised by the tile at first, but what he actually said is that we don't have a "leader in their prime" meaning aged 27-29. He said that Modric is our leader but only 22. He also went on to say we have very good young play-makers in Modric, Kranjcar and Rakitic.

Regardless, I don't think you'll find many 27-29 year old players who are better than our Luka Modric.
post #19 of 6106 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 15:48
Star Player

Yeah I should really read the articles until the end, but reading Flak and Zidak rubbish has me bored after the first paragraph. Anyway that's not the only reason Suker annoys me. In a few interviews for Sky Sports he sounds like an Englishman as he seems to belittle Croatia.
post #20 of 6106 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 15:55
World Class Player

Quote:
Yeah I should really read the articles until the end, but reading Flak and Zidak rubbish has me bored after the first paragraph. Anyway that's not the only reason Suker annoys me. In a few interviews for Sky Sports he sounds like an Englishman as he seems to belittle Croatia.

I know what you mean Marko. Instead of putting them in their place and backing us, he tends give in and downplay our chances/abilities.

We need Ciro and/or Prosinecki to talk more to offset the belittling.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in