CRO Youth NTs ("U21", "U19" and "U17") - Page 328 - Xtratime Community
 103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #6541 of 6559 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 13:30
Premier Player

We'll see boys. We'll see.....

My final prediction:

You guys end up 3rd in your group with only 3 goals scored in total.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6542 of 6559 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 15:23
dinamo67
World Class Player

Teams: Sydney United, Dinamo Zagreb, Croatia NT
Just wondering what was your prediction for our NT at the WC?
Ante and Maradona like this.

First EEPL Champion.
post #6543 of 6559 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2019, 16:36
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamozagreb86 View Post
Just wondering what was your prediction for our NT at the WC?
He guaranteed they'd get "at a minimum to the semis"...and that we'd get smoked by the Nigerians and Argies...whoops.

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia

post #6544 of 6559 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2019, 05:41
Premier Player

I knew you guys would do well at the WC. You underperformed at the Euros and should have easily made the final only to lose to France. I still don't get how you let Portugal beat you in that game.
Rakitic and Modric were coming off their best respective seasons in Europe. It was no surprise. You also had an incredibly lucky draw. Had you been drawn on the other side, you wouldn't have gotten past Brazil, France, or Belgium. You probably would have been gone out in the round of 16 or QF.
You were also fortunate to avoid Spain as their style of play nullifies what Modric and Rakitic do (hence, beating in Nation's League).
The final kind of exploited you guys in all fairness. Lovren and Vida are not good enough defenders for the highest level of international football.

I think you guys are going to struggle hard once Modric and Rakitic retire. I'll make sure to quote this post in the years to come, whether I'm right or wrong. I'm pretty good at predicting these kind of things especially evaluating youth football. To be fair, you've also had a lot of bad luck with injuries and some talents not panning out. I'll give you that.

I really hope we get you guys at the Euros or WC qualifiers. It'll be a different story this time around as we are on the rise and you're on the fall.
post #6545 of 6559 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2019, 08:05
dinamo67
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrpskiInat View Post
I knew you guys would do well at the WC. You underperformed at the Euros and should have easily made the final only to lose to France. I still don't get how you let Portugal beat you in that game.
Rakitic and Modric were coming off their best respective seasons in Europe. It was no surprise. You also had an incredibly lucky draw. Had you been drawn on the other side, you wouldn't have gotten past Brazil, France, or Belgium. You probably would have been gone out in the round of 16 or QF.
You were also fortunate to avoid Spain as their style of play nullifies what Modric and Rakitic do (hence, beating in Nation's League).
The final kind of exploited you guys in all fairness. Lovren and Vida are not good enough defenders for the highest level of international football.

I think you guys are going to struggle hard once Modric and Rakitic retire. I'll make sure to quote this post in the years to come, whether I'm right or wrong. I'm pretty good at predicting these kind of things especially evaluating youth football. To be fair, you've also had a lot of bad luck with injuries and some talents not panning out. I'll give you that.

I really hope we get you guys at the Euros or WC qualifiers. It'll be a different story this time around as we are on the rise and you're on the fall.
You stated your reasons as to why we made the finals, but what was your prediction before the WC started. Two different things.

Yes very fortunate to avoid Spain. Love that you use that one game as an example. They barely beat us at Euro 2012 in the last couple of minutes. A blatant penalty not called on Corluka in that game as well. Plus we beat them in Euro 2016 and then again in the Nations League. Yep would've been a real easy win for them.
Ero and Maradona like this.

First EEPL Champion.
post #6546 of 6559 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2019, 08:21
Rising Star

France beat us playing with an injured goalkeeper, a guy that barely played in the 6 following months and several decisions (griezmann simulating on the free-kick leading to the auto goal, penalty for perisic hand while no penalty on obvious foul on mandzukic) before having the pitch wide opened but the guy thinks it is impossible we beat the other teams lol after destroying Argentina in front of the whole world.

Results talk for themselves while hater always gonna hate.

Speaking on fall while there are several talented players in the 20-26 age range and behind the dinamo zagreb u19 reaching the 1/4 of youth league with an Antonio Marin among some others desired all over europe is also funny.
Sounds more like a wish than a stated fact.
Ero, Ante, Ero_Hercegovac and 1 others like this.

Last edited by DiegoDalma; May 26th, 2019 at 08:38.
post #6547 of 6559 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2019, 15:32
Star Player

Teams: Dinamo, Real Madrid, Croatia NT
Quote:

"You really THINK we are going to struggle"? or "You really HOPE we struggle"?

If we ever lost to you guys, that would be your massive achievement for the next 20 years while nobody from Croatia ever think of your team as some sort of competition...we know you're mental midgets!

Serbia have always produced decent players, its their back-ward mentality that hurts them all the time. Its really quite shameful your team can't seem to manage any type of success or even produce any consistency. Nobody has ever thought you do not have quality players but everyone knows the quality you produce end up nowhere because of that "old school", Serbian cave man mentality!

When Serbia has done something in the soccer world, we can discuss and compare. I really don't know why we are comparing our two nations in this sport...you've done nothing throughout history!
Ante likes this.
post #6548 of 6559 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2019, 19:53
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
"You really THINK we are going to struggle"? or "You really HOPE we struggle"?

If we ever lost to you guys, that would be your massive achievement for the next 20 years while nobody from Croatia ever think of your team as some sort of competition...we know you're mental midgets!

Serbia have always produced decent players, its their back-ward mentality that hurts them all the time. Its really quite shameful your team can't seem to manage any type of success or even produce any consistency. Nobody has ever thought you do not have quality players but everyone knows the quality you produce end up nowhere because of that "old school", Serbian cave man mentality!

When Serbia has done something in the soccer world, we can discuss and compare. I really don't know why we are comparing our two nations in this sport...you've done nothing throughout history!

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia
post #6549 of 6559 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2019, 02:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Petar Mamic drops out of the U21 squad due to injury but he was likely getting cut anyway with Bradaric and Sosa ahead of him
post #6550 of 6559 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2019, 21:07
Rising Star

Quote:

4-0 against Ukraine...a team that even didn't make it to the last world cup.
A nation that didn't reach a knock out stage since 2006.

Before thinking about us...you should first make sure you got any level there.

Lol
Nepoznat, Maradona and SrpskiInat like this.
post #6551 of 6559 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2019, 21:43
Rookie

How do the cedos wrap up a game? By saying GIVE ME FIVE!

Slava Ukraini!!
post #6552 of 6559 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2019, 21:50
International

Teams: Cro NT, NY Islanders, USA NT, Notre Dame
Looking forward to the tournament. Shame they don’t have a striker they really seem to be deep at every position except CF and RB
dinamozagreb86 likes this.
post #6553 of 6559 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2019, 22:00
Premier Player

Lol you guys act like you didn't just lose 6-0 to Spain a few months ago

Anyhow, this is the best possible thing that could have happened to Serbian football. We already have 6 players boycotting the NT and a few silent ones. Finally, the puppet coach will be gone.

I love that the inferiority complex is working on you guys to have to mention Serbian A team in your youth NT thread

Stay real, boys
post #6554 of 6559 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2019, 22:14
Rookie

Quote:
Lol you guys act like you didn't just lose 6-0 to Spain a few months ago [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.xtratime.org/forum/images/smilies/originals/howler.gif[/IMG]

Anyhow, this is the best possible thing that could have happened to Serbian football. We already have 6 players boycotting the NT and a few silent ones. Finally, the puppet coach will be gone.

I love that the inferiority complex is working on you guys to have to mention Serbian A team in your youth NT thread

[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.xtratime.org/forum/images/smilies/originals/howler.gif[/IMG]

Stay real, boys [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.xtratime.org/forum/images/smilies/originals/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
You too gedzo! Stay real...real dumb. Hang them up already and stick to basketball and tennis. Leave football and handball to the big boys. You can swim in a barrel for waterpolo and well enjoy the more! Best, World Cup finalists.

Run along now
Ante and Maradona like this.
post #6555 of 6559 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2019, 00:10
dinamo67
World Class Player

Quote:
Lol you guys act like you didn't just lose 6-0 to Spain a few months ago

Stay real, boys
Yeah inferiority complex. You come to a Cro forum and talk about how Serbia is on the rise and we're on the downfall and how lucky we were at the WC.

Losing to Spain after making the WC finals. Forgivable and understandable. Comparing Spain and Ukraine is stupid. Btw we beat Ukraine 2-0 away to secure a playoff spot for the WC.

High fives for everybody today.
Ante, Nepoznat and Maradona like this.

First EEPL Champion.
post #6556 of 6559 (permalink) Old June 10th, 2019, 14:22
Legend

Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^

Anyone see this little dude lately?

#weareCroatia
post #6557 of 6559 (permalink) Old June 10th, 2019, 14:48
International

Teams: Cro NT, NY Islanders, USA NT, Notre Dame
I always enjoy how our susjedi make every defeat an actual victory of some kind
Zelja likes this.
post #6558 of 6559 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2019, 16:14
Rising Star

I hope Bradaric is ready. He should play in front of Sosa but i have a feeling Gracan is going to go with Sosa. To bad Prongancic is not fit. Really good young defender for Red Bull Salzburg. Sounds like Caleta-Car does not want to play. What an idiot! This is a talented generation but there play in a really hard group. Getting out of this group would be an accomplishment.
post #6559 of 6559 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2019, 02:40
Premier Player

Ćaleta-Car not showing is a problem on top of the absence of Pongračić but they've got Katić in reserve who should partner up well with Benković..big question is the fitness of Vlašić, regardless of other issues he alongside Brekalo and Halilović should be a handful for anyone in this tourney.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in