Xtratime Community banner

Croatians in Europe

1M views 24K replies 335 participants last post by  HajdukSplit 
#1 ·
Marko Babic scored for his Leverkusen today vs Dortmund :) 13 mins from the end and secured 1 point for his team, the game ended 2:2.

#2 ·
GERMANY
Robert Kovac Bayern Munich - Played the full 90 minutes in Bayern Munich's 1-0 win over TSV 1860 Munich.

Marko Babic Leverkusen - Babic came on in the 64th minute and scored the goal which tied up the game. Leverkusen tied Dortmund 2-2.

Jurica Vranjes Stuttgart- Injured, DNP

Zvonimir Soldo Stuttgart - Played the full 90 minutes in Stuttgart's 3-1 over Hannover.

Marino Baliskov Wolfsburg - Was on the bench but did not come on the field to play.

Ivan Klasnic Werdern Bremen - Played 77 minutes and failed to score but his team did manage to beat Bochum 3-1.

ITALY
Igor Tudor Juventus - Tudor was not in the matchday sqaud as Juve beat Modena 2-0.

FRANCE
Dado Prso Monaco - Came off the bench in the 70th minute. Monaco beat Lens 2-0.

ENGLAND
Igor Biscan Liverpool - Played the full 90 minutes in Liverpool's dissapointing 0-0 draw to Boro.

#6 ·
Tottenham is wasting many players too and good example are the two players from the Balkans which they have on thier team, Bunjecevic and Acimovic who they both never use but they are quality players. Bunjecevic ocassionaly comes off the bench but Acimovic never plays. Would be a stupid move for Leko and Kranjcar but the Spurs have been watching both of these players when they were at Dinamo Zagreb. Germany would be the best league for these two to go to. Both at Bayern Munich! :)

#7 ·
I think Bayern would be great for Jerko Leko, I heard thay have been interested in signing him, ideal place for him, Milan have shown interest to.

As for Kranjcar he should go to a team where he will play regularly, I dont think he wil play much at Tottenham or Arsenal.

I would like to see Kranjcar at Ajax! :)

#8 ·
umm id like to see Niko in a small top euro club...like perhaps a midtable seria a team where he is given control or leadership role.

i dont think ajax is plausible...they have 2 guys who already are world class studs...the guy who killed scotland and vdv i just dont see where niko would fit in

#10 ·
Sunday Matches
ITALY
Milan Rapaic Ancona - Was not in matchday sqaud for Ancona's 1-1 draw with Brescia.

Anthony Seric Parma- Played the full 90 minutes in Parma's 1-0 loss to Empoli! :eek: Only 4,500 came to watch the match. :eek:

Dario Simic AC Milan - Was not in matchday squad for AC Milan's 2-0 win over Chievo Verona.

SPAIN
Ivan Leko Malaga - Was on the bench but did not come on. Malaga drew 0-0 with Osasuna.

GERMANY
Niko Kovac Hertha Berlin - Played 80 minutes and picked up a yellow card early in the match. Hertha lost to Kaiserslautern 4-2.

Josip Simunic Hertha Berlin - Played the full 90 minutes in Hertha's 4-2 loss to Kaiserslautern.

Jurica Puljiz Eintracht Frankfurt - On the bench but did not come on in their defeat 1-0 to Freiburg.

In other smaller leagues both Mornar and Butina did not play for their clubs but Standard Leige's Miljenko Mumlek who played the full match. Mario Tokic played the full 90 minutes in GAK's 1-0 win over Strum Graz.

#12 ·
I agree that we need to find a spot for Babic in Croatia's starting 11. Niko Kovac could be the player that should make way. I don't think that Babic has had enough opportunties with the national team and hopefully Baric at least gives him those opportunties in the friendly games that will come up.

#13 ·
In other leagues former Hajduk striker Tomsialv Erceg scored two for his club Hapoel Petah Tikva in thier 3-1 win. The other goalscorer was also Croatian! Mario Osibov for NK Zagreb defender.

Zivkovic did not play in Portsmouth's 2-0 loss to Fulham, ever since his bad preformance against ManU he hasn't played a minute for Pompey.

#17 ·
Yeah they are both playing well but the sad thing is that both of these players could of been playing in Serie A this season. Budan played for Ancona in Serie B and when they got promoted he was sold to Atatlanta (though the favorites for promotion)
Bjelanovic played well last season for Como/Chievo in Serie A, makes a move to Perugia but gets loaned out to Genoa. Looking at where Perugia is now he could of been helping alot over there.

#19 ·
Champions League

Ivica Mornar Anderlecht - Started and played great! He had some chances and couldn't score but he did set up the only goal of the match. Maybe the best player on the pitch for Anderlecht. They beat Lyon 1-0

Robert Kovac Bayern Munich - Robert played the full 90 minutes in a scoreless draw with Celtic.

Jerko Leko Dinamo Kiev - Was suspended and not in the matchday squad. Dinamo Kiev lost to Lokamotiv 3-2.

Goran Sablic Dinamo Kiev - Played the full 90 minutes and picked up a yellow card. His booking was almost costly as the foul was just outside the box.

Dado Prso Monaco - The game was officiated by Croatian refs but Prso still didn't get any calls. :tongue: He played 60 minutes in the 1-1 draw with PSV Eindhoven. Prso didn't really do much today.

Best player of all the Croatians who played was Ivica Mornar.
These are the players which will be playing tommorow in the Champions League.
Maric (PAO)
Vranjes, Soldo (Stuttgart)
Runje (Marsielle)
Stanic (Chelsea)
Simic (AC Milan)
Butina (Brugge)