NL - KAZ / ISL - Page 4 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2014, 13:49
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: PSV, Oranje, Macedonian NT
I haven't watched any of the qualifiers yet but from the highlights both defence and attack look poor.

Maybe Ronald de Boer is right and Hiddink has really lost it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2014, 20:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampViking View Post
Thanks Jeffrey. I never thought that either a decade ago. What changed here and brought us better players with our small population were indoor football pitches, full sized. Iceland has always been football crazy. This time we simply are getting more and more talented players, both thanks to those pitches and skillful trainers. The Icelandic football association is doing a great job. https://www.google.is/search?q=k%C3%...ed=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Those results yesterday are probably one of the most shocking for a long time in international football. It didn't surprise me all that much though. I expected a draw but never thought the scoreline would become 2-0 against one of the best teams in the world.
Some people think these results of the Icelandic NT will be a 'flash in a pan', and eventually you'll return to being the easy beat of the past. But you think because of what you wrote [about the pitches and trainers etc], Iceland will continue to produce these kind of results?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2014, 20:32
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
#ImmersinOranje

It's the only solution

post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2014, 11:23
Star Player

Teams: Aston Villa, Torquay United, AZ Alkmaar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampViking View Post
Hehe, that comedy show was hilarious. The NT has been laughed at for quite a time. Small Iceland; my next door neighbour, Arnar Gunnlaugsson; is a former Feyenoord player and here is another joke-song about the NT; sung by my classmate and good friend after a 0-0 draw vs. Germany. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzjkNuP4JiQ

The text is as follows:

"Insomniac, pissed. Most of them injured. We did a few good things, but were far from our best (excuses of the Icelandic media throughout the years). The direction of the wind was not suitable which made it hard to score. And the striker got anxiety-disorders because there were too many to cheer for him. Go on Iceland, go on Iceland; even though we are shit. The ref was obveiously not on our side, and the other scumbags from a way bigger country. We wanted to squeeze out a draw from those monkeys. However, according to the population, we win, even though we lose"

Laughing matter for many years boumavilla. Not anymore. :smileani:
It was indeed! Best moments have to include the naked jiggling fat guy in the window and the lactating guy after taking that Chinese protein shake!

That song is great!
You never know this could soon happen to San Marino too!
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2014, 13:52
Rising Star

Teams: Sampdoria, A Akranes, Iceland NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Some people think these results of the Icelandic NT will be a 'flash in a pan', and eventually you'll return to being the easy beat of the past. But you think because of what you wrote [about the pitches and trainers etc], Iceland will continue to produce these kind of results?
It kind of depends on the talent. We will never have as much 'material' to work with like you big guys. However, like I said; the federation has been doing a great job and almost every boy here starts playing football at some point from early age at their local clubs. They have scheduled free bus rides from their locals schools to indoor football pitches for training, free of charge; all year around. For example my 9 y.o. son walks 200 m to train for his club here for scheduled training and gets a lift back and forth with the team bus.

Another geniousity is this; KS (the association) built pitches like this with artificial grass by almost every school in the country. Flood lighted and under-soil heated. This increases interest of course. Outside my window at my children's school there is one; almost packed every night. No matter how the weather is. http://eldri.reykjavik.is/desktopdef.../7790_page-50/

They are thinking big; now this is on the plan finally. Rebuilding the national stadium, throwing away the running course around it to make it a real lions den; finally. The ambition has always been there for decades, making things happen hasn't. Finally something is being done in those matters: http://www.mbl.is/frettir/innlent/20...odarleikvangi/
post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2014, 13:58
Rising Star

Teams: Sampdoria, A Akranes, Iceland NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by boumavilla View Post
It was indeed! Best moments have to include the naked jiggling fat guy in the window and the lactating guy after taking that Chinese protein shake!

That song is great!
You never know this could soon happen to San Marino too!
Don't forget the japanese woman collecting recycling cans.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in