Xtratime Community banner

Romania in U21 EURO 2019

12K views 756 replies 12 participants last post by  The Rumaniac 
#1 ·
Here we can talk about the players, the matches, about what Radoi should do and what he shouldn't do...

18 iunie 2019: România – Croaţia (San Marino, 19:30)
21 iunie 2019: Anglia – România (Cesena, 19:30)
24 iunie 2019: Franţa – România (Cesena, 22:00)

It's probably the hardest group Romania has ever faced at any level.

#384 ·
We need to hope Germany doesn’t lose to Austria (very unlikely anyway) and mostly that Denmark doesn’t win by too many over Serbia, or better yet, that they tie or lose (quite doubtful).

#393 ·
@Lupi

Good point. Who takes his place though? Boboc can play on both flanks, right?

#401 ·
I trust Radoi and his staff. They are very professional and they'll know how to manage the composition of the line-up.

I'd do: Radu - Manea, Rus, Pascanu, Boboc - Ciobanu, Nedelcu, Dragomir - Olaru, Petre, Coman

This can be changed if Denmark gets a big score tomorrow.

#402 ·
Pascanu has a yellow but Nedelcearu doesn't. That's why I'd try the latter with Rus. Of course, we here don't know the fitness levels of the players so these teams are... academic.

But I'd rather not lose anyone for the semis so would rest most of the yellowed players and tell the other 1-2 to be ultra careful.

Something tells me Denmark will win by 4+...

#404 ·
I would definitely play Petre instead of Puscas because the latter was exhausted and because he already has a Yellow card. I would also replace Pascanu (Yellow card) with Rus and Cicaldau (Yellow card as well) with Nedelcu. We'll need the Puscas-Hagi-Cicaldau trio in the semifinals. Both Coman and Man have a Yellow each, but we can risk playing them since we have solutions to replace them. Ianis is a big question mark, he has no Yellows but I'm not sure how fit he is. Also, I have a feeling Man will play better if Ianis isn't there because he'll have more freedom and he'll maybe feel the need to lead more.

Anyhow, we cannot play with the same 11 players all the time. We need to have solutions to replace them and the game against France, which is less risky, can be a good occasion to play them.

#406 ·
About the rival in semis if we advance (and giving as a fact that Germany will win their group):

If we advance as group winner:

If the best runner-up is finally Italy: our rival is Spain.

If the best runner-up is not Italy: our rival is Germany.

If we advance as best runner-up:

In all the cases our rival would be Spain.

#410 ·
Italy needs us beating France. We'll take all the support in the stands we can get. Maybe they can talk to the refs too :p

Spain or Germany, same thing. Need to be lucky and use all our skill.

Straight outta FRF:

"Până la 2-4 cu noi, Anglia U21 nu mai pierduse la diferență de două goluri de 38 de meciuri, oficiale și amicale! Adică din iunie 2015 (1-3 cu Italia la Campionatul European). Iar 4 goluri nu a mai încasat într-un meci de un deceniu!, din septembrie 2009, 0-4 cu Germania! În vreme ce adversarul nostru de mâine, Franța are o singură înfrângere în ultimele 21 de partide disputate. Un ultim detaliu despre forța tineretului lor: din noiembrie 2017 până acum, francezii au primit doar 2 goluri!"

England U21 hadn't lost by 2 for 38 matches, since June 2015. And they hadn't conceded 4 for a decade, 0-4 against Germany in Sept. 2009.

France has 1 defeat in the last 21 matches. Since November 2017 they only conceded 2 goals.

#419 ·
HT Austria 1-1 Germany

Austria is making the Germans look very human, they had two huge chances and could be leading 3-1 so far. Germany is a bit like England, meaning if you're organized and if you attack them, they can be vulnerable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.