EURO Qualifiers: Sweden vs Romania - Xtratime Community
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2019, 16:39 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
EURO Qualifiers: Sweden vs Romania

Saturday, 23 March. 19:00 (Romanian time)

Friends Arena, Stockholm

Squad:

Quote:
Portari: Ciprian Tătărușanu (FC Nantes, 57/0), Costel Pantilimon (Nottingham Forest, 27/0), Florin Niță (Sparta Praga, 2/0)

Fundași: Cristian Manea (CFR Cluj, 7/1), Romario Benzar (FCSB, 14/0), Cristian Săpunaru (Kayserispor, 33/0), Ionuț Nedelcearu (FC Ufa, 3/0), Dragoș Grigore (Ludogoreț, 33/0), Cosmin Moți (Ludogoreț, 14/0), Cristian Ganea (Numancia, 5/0), Nicușor Bancu (U Craiova 1948 CS, 7/0)

Mijlocași: Tudor Băluță (FC Viitorul, 3/0), Răzvan Marin (Standard Liege, 14/1), Paul Anton (Krylia Sovetov, 8/0), Alexandru Cicâldău (U Craiova 1948 CS, 3/0), Alexandru Chipciu (Sparta Praga, 40/5), Nicolae Stanciu (Al-Ahli, 28/10), Ianis Hagi (FC Viitorul, 1/0), Alexandru Mitriță (New York City FC, 6/0), Dennis Man (FCSB, 2/0), Ciprian Deac (CFR Cluj, 18/3), Dan Nistor (Dinamo, 0/0)

Atacanți: George Pușcaș (Palermo, 4/1), Claudiu Keșeru (Ludogoreț, 29/7), Andrei Ivan (Rapid Viena, 6/0)

Head to Head: 9 matches, 3 Romanian wins, 3 draws, 3 Swedish wins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2019, 22:43 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Ganea was replaced at HT in Numancia game, I suspect with physical problems.

A goal came from a good cross by him.
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2019, 23:51 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Swedish squad:

Quote:
Portari: Robin Olsen (AS Roma), Kart-Johan Johnsson (Guingamp), Kristoffer Nordfeldt (Swansea City)

Fundași: Mikael Lustig (Celtic), Anton Tinnerholm (New York City), Andreas Granqvist (Helsingborgs), Ludwig Augustinsson (Werder Bremen), Filip Helander (Bologna), Emil Krafth (Amiens), Sotirios Papagiannopoulos (FC Copenhaga)

Mijlocași: Jakob Johansson (Rennes), Sebastian Larsson (AIK), Albin Ekdal (Sampdoria), Emil Forsberg (RB Leipzig), Gustav Svensson (Seattle Sounders), Kristoffer Olsson (Krasnodar), Ken Sema (Watford), Sam Larsson (Feyenoord), Jimmy Durmaz (Toulouse)

Atacanți: Marcus Berg (Al-Ain), Viktor Claessson (Krasnodar), Robin Quaison (Mainz), Alexander Isak (Willem II), Sebastian Andersson (Union Berlin)

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2019, 01:17 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

First possible line-up given by GSP (surely based on nothing): Tătăruşanu - Benzar, Săpunaru, Moţi, Bancu - R Marin, T. Băluţă - Chipciu, N. Stanciu, Mitriţă - Keşeru
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2019, 18:44
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
At least we can see the swedish squad is not so strong either. They have players coming from exotic leagues and are missing Lindelof
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 01:49 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Berg, Claesson and Forsberg are probably their best players.
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 13:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Ganea is out.
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 14:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
Berg, Claesson and Forsberg are probably their best players.
Berg scored his first goal in 15 games for Sweden in November. He's part of the NT because the coaching staff likes him and his approach fits in well with their ideals.

Forsberg hasn't played well for Sweden since his proposed move to Milan fell through almost two years ago. He's also not on particularly good terms with the coach because of how defensively oriented Sweden have been during the whole of his reign.

Romania should look out for Kristoffer Olsson if he starts. He's the only different central midfield player who knows how to dictate play in this team apart from Albin Ekdal who's probably playing his best football since returning to Serie A with Sampdoria but he's increasingly questionable for the game against Romania. Trained apart and hobbled quite a bit during the training session yesterday. Remains to be seen if it's just theatrics or not.

Victor Lindelöf, Pontus Jansson and Jakob Johansson are all out against Romania. Lindelöf because of personal issues (his wife is giving birth soon) while his relationship with the coach isn't great. Granqvist, meanwhile, will probably start together with Mikael Lustig or Filip Helander (didn't play at the weekend because of an injury).

I'll be going to the game on Saturday.
NoName likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 16:44
Forum Manager
Legend

Thanks for the report Zoric. Judging by what you say it seems they have some problems. Strange for a team that did well in the WC

Ganea out too...no backup for the LB...

Meanwhile the press is throwing line ups, the most reliable seems to be Griogre and Moti starting and not Sapunaru, and Puscas starting, but with Chipciu and Deac on the sides...

I doubt the swedes fowards are on the level of the bulgarian league, so we are in trouble
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 17:25
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
To be fair I don't know who should play. Our central defense is crap, either inexperienced or old and slow and brain****-prone.
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2019, 22:07
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumaniac View Post
Thanks for the report Zoric. Judging by what you say it seems they have some problems. Strange for a team that did well in the WC
Sweden wasn't impressive at all at the WC like most teams. In a short tournament (especially when the quality is low) there's always a chance for "smaller" teams to surprise and get to the 1/4 or 1/2 finals. This Sweden isn't scary at all....the problem is that we are even worse due to various reasons.
post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2019, 00:01
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
Sweden wasn't impressive at all at the WC like most teams. In a short tournament (especially when the quality is low) there's always a chance for "smaller" teams to surprise and get to the 1/4 or 1/2 finals. This Sweden isn't scary at all....the problem is that we are even worse due to various reasons.
They're well organized. They play very fundamental and basic football where they try to take advantage of rival mistakes. Their purpose is to score one and concede none. It's far fro spectacular but efficient.
NoName likes this.

Quote:
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2019, 02:18
Forum Manager
Legend

I hope Contra doesn't make the mistake of using Keseru. He'll get eaten by their CD's.
post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old March 21st, 2019, 15:26
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Teams: U Craiova, Milan, West Ham, Ajax, TFC, ROU, ITA

I hope for something like this

—————-Tata
Benzar-Nedel.-Moti-Bancu
———-Marin-Baluta
Man———Hagi——Mitrita
————-Puscas

With Stanciu, Sapu, Nistor, Deac, Cicaldau, and Ivan as possible subs during the game.

But I doubt we’ll get so lucky with that attack, even defence will probably use Grigore instead of Nedecearu.. Marin-Baluta is probably realistic though.

Too bad we lose like a dozen of our best but that’s becoming more usual..

Against these guys we need to use very technical and fast players, and that U21 attack combined with Mitrita, despite less experience in senior internationals, would help a lot imo. Stanciu on his game maybe too.. but I hate that he’s mentally weird some games, not great physically / can’t play full 90 mins, and now plays in Arabia.. also we can really benefit from a Marin coming in great form with his IQ, vision, and passing. our defence is worrying as it is but even more so without Chiriches and now a good form Ganea also injured.

forestasuceava: you prostitute yourself?
me: for the national team.. I would

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
My All-Time Romania unique XIs:
----------------Lung
Petrescu--Stefanescu--Popescu--Chivu
----------Boloni----Lupescu
Dumitrescu--Dobrin/Balaci--Hagi
-----------------Mutu

Last edited by Hagibest; March 21st, 2019 at 15:33.
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2019, 14:29
Forum Manager
Legend

According to GSP (usually the most accurate regarding line ups) Chipciu, Deac and Keseru will start. Tremendously conservative

Chipciu has been doing well, can't deny it, but all 3 make us a slow and predictable team
Keseru has had so many chances and he was useful very few times
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2019, 14:34
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

If Contra is so dumb to use Chipciu but especially Keseru... just kill me now.

How can anyone argue experienced but consistently crappy, slow, unidimensional players is better than something like this:

Man—Hagi—Mitrita
——-Puscas

And without Tucudean or Andone, you’re telling me Puscas in his form in Italy cannot get a start over a consistently failed (in the NT) player from the Bulgarian league? Utter Piturchian-Daum-R.Lucescu level stupidity if he doesn’t start. He even had an assist last time he played for the seniors, I believe.. not to mention his goal/mins ratio in U21 and the quality of the goal like the one vs Wales. We need him to start!!!

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
----------------Lung
-----------------Mutu
post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2019, 15:39
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Ekdal won't play against Romania because of an foot injury.

Helander will most likely play together with Granqvist at CB.

The central midfield is most likely going to consist of Larsson who moves in from the wing (former Birmingham & Sunderland) while Olsson will join him. They could possibly use another DM (Svensson) who's a pure destroyer as well.

Claesson will move from a forward position to the wing.

Andersson is making a choice between Isak and Quaison upfront alongside Berg.

Quite a few changes compared to what they usually do.
GICA and Hagibest like this.

Quote:

p
Quote:
ZORIC!!!

post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2019, 16:24 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Sanmartean:

Quote:
- Lucian, cum e atmosfera în lot?
- Am discutat cu jucătorii de pe aeroport. Atmosfera e foarte bună, băieții sunt relaxați. Ne așteptăm la un meci bun și un rezultat pe măsură. Vrem un rezultat pozitiv.

- E o problemă că avem 5-6 accidentați?
- Într-adevăr e o problemă atunci când jucătorii de calitate sunt accidentați. Cred că cei care îi vor înlocui vor reuși meciuri bune. Avem o mulțime de jucători tineri care vor trebui să-și arate valoarea. Avem nevoie ca toți să fie apți 100%. Cei care au venit vor face totul pentru a câștigat.

- Un pronostic?
- Vom câștiga cu 1-0 și Chipciu va marca golul victoriei.

I know Ianis is in a good moment, but starting him over Stanciu against Sweden is a bit risky IMO. You can do that against Feroe.
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2019, 16:25
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Fine, I hear you, start Stanciu but if he is not having a great game I would use Ianis in the second half. And Mitrita needs to play, ridiculous if he doesn’t over the likes of Chipciu and Deac.. he is currently our best dribbler imo, very fast, and can put some good passes too.

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
----------------Lung
-----------------Mutu
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2019, 22:58
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
I wanna see Nistor or Hagi with the #10 on the back, given some minutes, even if not starters.

I'd probably do something like Deac, Stanciu, Mitrita -- Puscas up front. Maybe Hagi as RW.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in