Facebook page for the XT romanian forum - Xtratime Community
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 22:27 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
Facebook page for the XT romanian forum

Hi guys. Iīve been thinking about this for a while now. Iīm terribly frustrated by the media coverage and fan response about romanian football, specially the NT.

IDK if itīs simple stupidity, corruption or economic interest, but the level of disinformation, meaningless analisys, and overlooking of simple facts is apalling.

Most of us here have been around for many, many years. Some of us for as much as 15. We are probably not in the peak of our motivation to do something as we were when we were 20, but weīve managed something that seems almost impossible when it comes to football, that is having discussion and sharing in a respectful manner. And we inform much better than sites with people that are paid to do so, and are supposed to be professionals (for example when covering what our foreigners do).

As Iīm still interested in romanian football, Iīd like to make a little contribution. Iīm sure there are people out there that want the best for our football (and for the country), but are probably drawn away by the aforementioned stupidity, corruption and lack of respect of most fans. Iīm sure theyīd like to know about a place like this one, and have better information.

But internet forums are probably outdated in comparisson to social networks (we havenīt had a new member in years), so my idea is simple. to have a Facebook page where we post the same we do here (or the most relevant posts), where we can moderate it like we do here aswell, and also invite people to join the forum

I think of Facebook because itīs the network I use, IDK if you have another idea. Iīm open to suggestions, and also to hear you are not interested. I donīt think itīs too much work, specially if we do it among the regulars here (we are only 5 ). Iīd like to try it, to see what happens. Itīs sad not having who to share your opinions with. I think we may take advantage of the EURO attention to do it now, when more people are looking

Iīll be expecting your feedback
NoName likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2016, 00:17
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Teams: U Craiova, Milan, West Ham, Ajax, TFC, ROU, ITA
I'm definitely very interested in such a project, obviously would have to be maintained not just start it up and drop it.. But for us already using Facebook fairly actively that shouldn't be too difficult to handle. Also, I was thinking Twitter could be a good medium, lots of Romanian football fans and enthusiasts of different backgrounds on there, a lot of them English speaking. We can tap into that market and link them. If anything I could handle the Twitter end myself if no one is too comfortable with it. If we get those up, even a YouTube account showing Romanian player compilations, interviews who knows what else to get attention to the things we discuss on here. I'm a bit busy and in transit as I write this but I can comeback with more depth later.

Definitely a goal should be to promote the reality of our discussions and to educate once we get that following and hopefully some new members to the forum as well. Maybe this could even have some sort of affect on the press in the future, and with better fans more pressure for better decisions being made in our football, although that's more of an ultimate motive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Rumaniac and NoName like this.

forestasuceava: you prostitute yourself?
me: for the national team.. I would

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
My All-Time Romania unique XIs:
----------------Lung
Petrescu--Stefanescu--Popescu--Chivu
----------Boloni----Lupescu
Dumitrescu--Dobrin/Balaci--Hagi
-----------------Mutu
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2016, 00:47 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Excellent!! Yeah, that`s exactly my intention

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2016, 00:54
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
Cool idea. I know you 2 guys and myself are on facebook.

I don't know if GICA is and I think NoName isn't so he probably wouldn't contribute to maintaining the page.

I think the first thing to do is to write about why choosing Chipciu over Maxim is wrong and link to Maxim's page.

I haven't created a page before but perhaps the honor should go to Rumaniac since he came up with the idea
The Rumaniac, NoName and levis27 like this.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2016, 04:25
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
Yeah i never have and never will use facebook but i think it's a great idea! Not sure how I could help you guys in some other way, definitely not with greatly written articles in english p if you have an idea how i can help tell me
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2016, 06:18 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
Yeah i never have and never will use facebook but i think it's a great idea! Not sure how I could help you guys in some other way, definitely not with greatly written articles in english p if you have an idea how i can help tell me
Itīs not hard. We need to get some people to follow and then just ask interesting questions and make people think outside the shitty box the media puts them in. You are great at that.

If we point at the opposite way the press is pointing at, weīre probably well oriented, cause they are full of shit and scared to tell some truths. We arenīt, as we donīt get a cut of the cake.

For example, when the press wants to say something controvertial, they look for someone "important" to say it. Ex: Gabi Balint "Iordanescu plays defensively". They donīt say it, they just use someone to create some controversy. And then they get someone to defend Iordanescu, and so on.

As Foresta said, right now all arguments about why Maxim is left out and Chipciu called are a good way to start. Iīd like everyone to chip in, with whatever they feel is important. We know each other, and we know we arenīt gonna say bs.

Any news, videos, match reports, insights, can be useful
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2016, 06:21 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

There was a show today in Digisport, talking about the selection. The participants were Craciunescu, Duckadam (Steaua official) and Danciulescu( Dinamo official) What can you expect? And when talking about the players that were gonna be left out, Craciunescu didnīt remember Horaīs name, and Duckadam Toscaīs one
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2016, 14:55
Xtratime Legend

Teams: România, Viitorul Constanta
The reason why the media does not do a good job regarding football are a mix of the following: a) Incompetence/ignorance (lots of journalists aren't simply trained to follow soccer. They see an action and interpret it like your friends who just started watching football. Those who live in North America might understand what I'm talking about); b) special interests; c) greed (Notice how most of Prosport and GSP headlines are tabloid-like sensationalist ones: "HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! Decisiion by Iordanescu!", "You'll never believe which world-class players are interest in coming to Steaua!!!", etc.); d) The Romanian factor (This is a bit more difficult to explain).

As for the Facebook NT Page, I'm all for it. Unfortunately, as you might have guessed, I don't have much time but I will try to participate regularly (I could translate pages, choose a certain topic and focus on it, etc.). I actually tried something similar many years ago when I was writing about Romanian football for a web page in English. But it was a colossal job and after a few months it proved to be too much for one person. A Facebook page would be different, though, with more people who could contribute.

So, if you guys decide to do it, for me it's a go.
The Rumaniac likes this.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2016, 18:37 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupi View Post
The reason why the media does not do a good job regarding football are a mix of the following: a) Incompetence/ignorance (lots of journalists aren't simply trained to follow soccer. They see an action and interpret it like your friends who just started watching football. Those who live in North America might understand what I'm talking about); b) special interests; c) greed (Notice how most of Prosport and GSP headlines are tabloid-like sensationalist ones: "HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! Decisiion by Iordanescu!", "You'll never believe which world-class players are interest in coming to Steaua!!!", etc.); d) The Romanian factor (This is a bit more difficult to explain).

As for the Facebook NT Page, I'm all for it. Unfortunately, as you might have guessed, I don't have much time but I will try to participate regularly (I could translate pages, choose a certain topic and focus on it, etc.). I actually tried something similar many years ago when I was writing about Romanian football for a web page in English. But it was a colossal job and after a few months it proved to be too much for one person. A Facebook page would be different, though, with more people who could contribute.

So, if you guys decide to do it, for me it's a go.
Perfect! Iīm glad to hear youīre in. I didnīt know you wrote for a site. Did you tell us?

I agree with the causes you stated. The typical "any of us could be a better coach than Iordanescu" is certainly not true, but that we can be better journalists that the clowns that do it, is absolutely true. We can put them to shame. Actually I think one of the focuses of the page should be to expose the usual mistakes and maneuvers of the press. A sort of counter-journalism

I always found an obstacle in that I canīt write in romanian, so I canīt participate on article comments (Not that there are many interesting discussions anyway). If anyone could translate some material from english that would help.

The language we are gonna use is an issue to solve. What do you guys think?

GICA? whatīs your imput? You donīt like the idea? It wouldnīt be the same without you
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2016, 18:39 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Iīll soon post what I think should be the description of the page. After you guys agree or suggest changes, Iīll create the page

Hereīs the draft. what do you think? Too much?

We love romanian football. We hate corruption. We dislike ignorance. We are fans of no Romanian team, and of all of them, as long as they help our football.
We are here because the real football fan deserves better than a lazy, ignorant, sensationalist, compromised and greedy press. We answer to no one, because we donīt want money. We are not afraid to speak, because we are only friends with those who love our football. They canīt hurt us, because we donīt owe them anything.
We donīt need (and donīt accept) to attack, insult or humillate anyone, because thereīs already plenty of that going around, and you just donīt need it when you know what you are talking about.
We donīt care who a players dates, how his house looks like, or what car he drives, because we are not after more clicks. We just care about how good a footballer he is.
We are here to inform, share and promote Romanian football the best way we can. Weīve run a forum (on Xtratime community) for 15 years, a place where we always created and never destroyed, while watching our beloved football fall appart in the hands of greedy, incompetent and corrupt people. We want to make our contribution to change that. We know there are many, many more that want that. Theyīre welcome here.

Last edited by The Rumaniac; June 1st, 2016 at 19:15.
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2016, 20:18
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
That text is really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumaniac View Post

GICA? whatīs your imput? You donīt like the idea? It wouldnīt be the same without you
No, I like it. I'm just a bit stressed lately so I leave it in your hands guys.
The Rumaniac likes this.
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2016, 03:22
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Iīll soon post what I think should be the description of the page. After you guys agree or suggest changes, Iīll create the page

Hereīs the draft. what do you think? Too much?

We love romanian football. We hate corruption. We dislike ignorance. We are fans of no Romanian team, and of all of them, as long as they help our football.
We are here because the real football fan deserves better than a lazy, ignorant, sensationalist, compromised and greedy press. We answer to no one, because we donīt want money. We are not afraid to speak, because we are only friends with those who love our football. They canīt hurt us, because we donīt owe them anything.
We donīt need (and donīt accept) to attack, insult or humillate anyone, because thereīs already plenty of that going around, and you just donīt need it when you know what you are talking about.
We donīt care who a players dates, how his house looks like, or what car he drives, because we are not after more clicks. We just care about how good a footballer he is.
We are here to inform, share and promote Romanian football the best way we can. Weīve run a forum (on Xtratime community) for 15 years, a place where we always created and never destroyed, while watching our beloved football fall appart in the hands of greedy, incompetent and corrupt people. We want to make our contribution to change that. We know there are many, many more that want that. Theyīre welcome here.
I like it as a draft. I, personally, would like to be more positive about our endeavour, though. We should choose our battles and reserve the heavy words for when the situations arise.

Quote:
Perfect! Iīm glad to hear youīre in. I didnīt know you wrote for a site. Did you tell us?

I agree with the causes you stated. The typical "any of us could be a better coach than Iordanescu" is certainly not true, but that we can be better journalists that the clowns that do it, is absolutely true. We can put them to shame. Actually I think one of the focuses of the page should be to expose the usual mistakes and maneuvers of the press. A sort of counter-journalism

I always found an obstacle in that I canīt write in romanian, so I canīt participate on article comments (Not that there are many interesting discussions anyway). If anyone could translate some material from english that would help.

The language we are gonna use is an issue to solve. What do you guys think?

The website was called Romfotbal (it doesn't exist anymore), it was more a fan web site but I was the only one writing for it (if you do a search on XT, you'll see my posts).

Counter-journalism sounds good.

The FB page should be bilingual English-Romanian because it would give us a wider audience. There are many people from Romanian origins who don't master the language and would prefer to read in English.

As for your master of Romanian, it's not that big of an issue. You can write in Spanish or English and I (and others if they choose to do so) will translate it. As for the comments, most Romanians understand English and you can reply in English.

Finally, having an Argentinian or a Spaniard write about Romanian football gives more credibility to the articles and posts because it makes them more impartial and knowledgeable football-wise.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2016, 04:09
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
Yeah I remember Romfotbal
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2016, 04:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupi View Post
I like it as a draft. I, personally, would like to be more positive about our endeavour, though. We should choose our battles and reserve the heavy words for when the situations arise.

Counter-journalism sounds good.

The FB page should be bilingual English-Romanian because it would give us a wider audience. There are many people from Romanian origins who don't master the language and would prefer to read in English.

As for your master of Romanian, it's not that big of an issue. You can write in Spanish or English and I (and others if they choose to do so) will translate it. As for the comments, most Romanians understand English and you can reply in English.

Finally, having an Argentinian or a Spaniard write about Romanian football gives more credibility to the articles and posts because it makes them more impartial and knowledgeable football-wise.
Agreed. Yeah, itīs better to do it bilingual, at least as much as we can.
If you want to edit some of the text do it, so I can create the page. I improvised it, but it sounded like a good mission statement to me, not without some emotion , also meant to set us appart from other pages of simiiar nature. But Iīm not fixed about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
Yeah I remember Romfotbal
Yeah, the name does ring a bell. iīm sure I read it back then
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2016, 04:46 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

I see examples all over the place. Take a look at this brainy analisys of why Keseru may start:

Iord?nescu are o singur? mare dilem? pentru meciul cu Fran?a: atacul. Cum ar putea ar?ta na?ionala

Quote:
În schimb, o şansă bună la titularizare împotriva lui Koscielny şi Rami ar putea avea Keşeru. Acesta a fost în dubiu până în ultimul moment în privinţa prezenţei la Euro, Iordănescu alegând în cele din urmă ca Maxim să nu facă parte din lot. Unul dintre argumentele antrenorului a vizat exact partida cu Franţa: Keşeru a jucat timp de 11 ani în Hexagon şi ştie exact cum să stea în teren şi cum să îi surprindă pe fundaşii adverşi.
How exactly playing in France (mostly on the second division) helps you "surprise" French defenders? Specially when those play their football in England and Spain. In any case itīs the other way around. They know him much better than they know Alibec or Andone, therefore he has less chances of "surprising" them.

Or maybe he can hear their conversations:

Koscielny: "Hey Rami, are you gonna mark this nr 13?"

Rami: "Eee, no, he canīt stop the ball and is slow as a snail, why should I? You do it"

Keseru: (to himself) "Oh, I understand french, I know they are not marking me, now I can run for the goal!! Oh no, Torjeīs cross went over the goal!!. Sacrebleu!!"
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2016, 07:46
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Don't laugh too much, overhearing conversations was the only way we scored at Euro 2008
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2016, 04:01
Xtratime Legend

I'd go for something like this:

We love Romanian football. We are fans of no Romanian club in particular, and of all of them, as long as they help our football.
We are here because football fans deserve unbiased, professional, in-depth and knowledgeable football-related news and articles. We answer to no one and we are not owned by anybody. We are not afraid to speak and tell things as they are. We owe nothing to anybody except devotion, passion and professionalism.

We donīt need and donīt accept to attack, insult or humiliate anyone, because thereīs already plenty of that going around in Romanian football, and you just donīt need it when you know what you are talking about.

We donīt care who a player dates, how his house looks like, or what car he drives because we are not after more clicks. We care about how good a footballer, a coach, a team is.

We are here to inform, share and promote Romanian football the best way we can. Weīve run a forum (on the Xtratime community) for 15 years, a place where we have always created and never destroyed, while watching our beloved football fall appart due to greed, incompetence and corruption. We want to make our contribution to change that. We know there are many, many more people who want this. Theyīre welcome here.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2016, 06:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Itīs done!

https://www.facebook.com/Romanianfootballfans/timeline

Now letīs make it grow. Iīll make all of us on FB admins, so we can publish
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2016, 06:46
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

I'll translate that intro post to Romanian if you wish As soon as you make me admin

Last edited by forestasuceava; June 3rd, 2016 at 06:54.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2016, 13:14 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestasuceava View Post

I'll translate that intro post to Romanian if you wish As soon as you make me admin
Of course!

Now You, Lupi and Hagi are admins

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in