Romania's 23 - Xtratime Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 12:15 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
Romania's 23

In some hours the final squad will be announced.

Reports say the only doubt for the NT coach is between Maxim and Chipciu, with an advantage for the Steaua player.

The rest would be:

GKs:
Tatarusanu
Pantilimon
Lung

Defenders:
Sapunaru
Matel
Chiriches
Grigore
Gaman
Moti
Rat
Filip

Midfielders:
Pintilii
Hoban
Prepelita
Sanmartean
Torje
Popa
Stanciu
Maxim/Chipciu

Forwards:
Stancu
Andone
Keseru
Alibec

Impressions about the final squad?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 15:57 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Cantonamentul din Italia l-a ajutat pe Anghel Iordănescu să ia decizia finală cu privire la cei cinci fotbalişti care nu vor merge la EURO 2016. Deşi anunţa, într-un interviu exclusiv pentru ProSport, că pe lista celor excluşi vor exista şi nume surpriză, fotbaliştii care vor rămâne acasă sunt cei anticipaţi de majoritatea microbiştilor. Sursele noastre indică faptul că ultimul adăugat pe listă este Alexandru Maxim, fotbalist al lui VfB Stuttgart, cel care a pierdut lupta pentru EURO cu Alexandru Chipciu. În cazul în care nu apar evenimente neprevăzute, Maxim va merge în Franţa doar ca spectator.

Anghel Iordănescu a luat în considerare, atunci când i-a analizat pe ultimii doi candidaţi pentru excludere, două criterii: forma de moment şi ultimele evoluţii la echipa naţională. Din aceste două puncte de vedere stelistul Chipciu a ieşit cu un plus în faţa lui Maxim, mai ales pentru că fotbalistul lui Stuttgart a gafat în meciul cu Ucraina la unul dintre golurile primite de România.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 16:06
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
In any case the press will find a way to justify Iordanescu´s choices. I can´t make peace with their stupidity. Their editorials usually say nothing. They are surprised we "suddenly" lost or they talk about the players quality. That´s the most their brain can do. Anyway...

Regarding the squad, without Maxim, we´ll be short in creativity. Lucian can´t pull a whole game, then there´s only Stanciu. We can be glad they made it and Alibec too. In our football, we have to be happy in some signs of sanity, like calling some of your best players .Stanciu and Alibec only counted for the NT this year, neither of them (now with good chances of being starters) played in the qualifiers. that says a lot already. Atleast Iordanescu "reacted", after trying 1000 times the same old talentless players. We have to be glad Alibec beats Hora, probably because of his goal vs Ukraine.

We have 2 good strikers, a couple of good creative midfielders (that almost never play together...). Big problems in LW, and we are a little better on the RW. No creativity in CM (their limitations were clear against Ukraine, many senseless passes), 2 slow starting side backs.

I´d say the keeper, AM and striker are the spots when we are best covered, ironically for such a defensive team
Hagibest likes this.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 16:09
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
.Anghel Iordănescu a luat în considerare, atunci când i-a analizat pe ultimii doi candidaţi pentru excludere, două criterii: forma de moment şi ultimele evoluţii la echipa naţională. Din aceste două puncte de vedere stelistul Chipciu a ieşit cu un plus în faţa lui Maxim, mai ales pentru că fotbalistul lui Stuttgart a gafat în meciul cu Ucraina la unul dintre golurile primite de România.
These are the kind of stupidities I can´t understand. Form? NT performances? How on earth might that help Chipciu? Just have some balls, or brains, and say there aren´t any sane reasons to call Chipciu
Hagibest likes this.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 16:15
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumaniac View Post
These are the kind of stupidities I can´t understand. Form? NT performances? How on earth might that help Chipciu? Just have some balls, or brains, and say there aren´t any sane reasons to call Chipciu
Chipciu's form is terrible, I don't know what they're talking about.

While there's a chance, I'll still be hoping Maxim makes it.
The Rumaniac likes this.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 16:18
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Teams: U Craiova, Milan, West Ham, Ajax, TFC, ROU, ITA
Romania's 23

No words for such stupidity. I'm just looking forward to the day we get a coach with a half a brain to at least get most of the selections right.. Let alone being able to decide between Chip-zero and our best AM in the top European leagues in recent years, despite what's happened at Stuttgart. He still shows some good things and assisted against Ukraine while Chipciu didn't even play so I don't understand this logic??

I hope I'm wrong though and Maxim gets picked somehow, our "journalists" have gotten even more basic things wrong like starting lineups 20 mins before a match.
The Rumaniac likes this.

forestasuceava: you prostitute yourself?
me: for the national team.. I would

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
My All-Time Romania unique XIs:
----------------Lung
Petrescu--Stefanescu--Popescu--Chivu
----------Boloni----Lupescu
Dumitrescu--Dobrin/Balaci--Hagi
-----------------Mutu
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 18:18
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
I think if Chipciu gets the last spot he will get less minutes than Maxim would've in his place...but logic is not important when it comes to the NT nominations.
The Rumaniac likes this.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 18:32 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

It's official. Maxim out, Chipciu in.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 18:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 18:39
Forum Manager
Legend

Stupid mothe****er
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 18:39
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumaniac View Post
Stupid mothe****er
yes.
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 18:40
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Well I guess Stanciu is #10 now.

I told you Maxim was out after that mistake.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 18:51
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Let's look at the positives... it's not so bad if Stancu starts as LM now...
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 19:12
World Class Player

Maxim has to be completely broken now....i feel really bad for him....well if he would be a Steaua player he wouldve made it instead of Chipciu....what a season for Maxim **** Iordanescu. i feel like talking to Maxim and tell him that nobody with half a brain understands this....
The Rumaniac likes this.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 19:18
World Class Player

some german romanians in the Stuttgart forum argue that "Iordanescu knows what he is doing because he was coaching us in 94'" and praising Chipciu.....1994!!! 22 years ago with a team full of world class players...

the only "positive" thing, with Iordanescu it doesn't make a big difference if Maxim is in our squad or not....how many of our other 23 players could play in Bundesliga...maybe half the squad...but Maxim stays at home...

I'm quite sure that it helps when you play for Steaua or if you have the right manager and relationships
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 21:18
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

It was a perfect storm for Maxim. Relegated, mistake in the last match... gave them the *excuses* needed not to call him up... I'd have been less upset if Ivan or Florin Tanase would've been called up instead... but Chipciu... ****.
The Rumaniac likes this.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 22:00
World Class Player

Teams: Fulham and Romania
I was a huge fan of Maxim when he started playing with the national team, he scored a couple of goals, he looked like a base player and he became one over time due to lack of options, despite burning out. Like others with good starts who weren't so lucky e.g. Grozav.

He might have got used to it, being called up, playing etc. I feel sorry for him but I am not sad for his non-inclusion because he is heavily out of form and played exactly as if he is a fixed inclusion.

Our good defense and horrible goal-scoring ability were paradoxically both falsified against Ukraine. This national team will as always be a surprise. Individually we suck compared to the past when we had good options and perhaps bad luck / important off days. This time we have qualified with nobody players.

I don't expect much but regardless will be spending the duration of these championships lounging about on terraces in Bucharest shouting at the screen. All I ask for is a match against England in the second round.

Play XPS! - Romanian League Prediction!
Join now!

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 22:04
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
some german romanians in the Stuttgart forum argue that "Iordanescu knows what he is doing because he was coaching us in 94'" and praising Chipciu.....1994!!! 22 years ago with a team full of world class players...

the only "positive" thing, with Iordanescu it doesn't make a big difference if Maxim is in our squad or not....how many of our other 23 players could play in Bundesliga...maybe half the squad...but Maxim stays at home...

I'm quite sure that it helps when you play for Steaua or if you have the right manager and relationships
Maxim created the chance that ended in Hoban´s goal, key for qualifying us. He scored against Feroe. He gave the cross that ended in Andone´s goal vs Italy. He gave an assist vs Ukraine. He had that disallowed goal vs Arentina. He didn´t have great performances, but still he contributed to a team that is otherwise a creative desert. No one has even mentioned this.

I´d like to hear what someone that defends Chipciu has to say in his favour. Or Keseru, or Torje.

As you say, at least Maxim has resisted 3 1/2 years in the Buli. The rest of our players couldn´t resist one season in top leagues (Keseru, Torje, Rusescu, even Alibec. The rest didn´t even get there). Only Andone proved he was good enough lately. There are now talks of Chipciu going to Karabukspor, and I guess he won´t even do well there.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2016, 04:38
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post

He might have got used to it, being called up, playing etc. I feel sorry for him but I am not sad for his non-inclusion because he is heavily out of form and played exactly as if he is a fixed inclusion.
he is not heavily out of form, not in great form either of course but still miles better than Chipciu...i think it's just not true that he played or feeled like he is a fixed inclusion, he is probably mentally and attitude wise one of the most professional players in the NT. i feel like rom papers and Iordanescu convinced you with arguments pulled out of their ass.

Quote:
Our good defense and horrible goal-scoring ability were paradoxically both falsified against Ukraine. This national team will as always be a surprise. Individually we suck compared to the past when we had good options and perhaps bad luck / important off days. This time we have qualified with nobody players.
you really sound like Piti or one of our journalists. "will always be a surprise" we are a lot but not a surprise, you know exactly what you get with our coaches and players like Chipciu and some others...nobody players...not true and tells a lot about whats wrong with the media and the fans who believe their shit. Individually we could still easily field a team which can compete with most European NTs and atleast have a chance against the big europ. NTs.

your wish, having a game against England, is not what you should be asking for...i think you don't understand exactly what's happening here right now and what happened in the past years if this is what you are asking for. "we are shit, but i want to play against England" you should think about why we are shit, even if we advance it means nothing if we don't change things drastically after the Euros...
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2016, 15:01
Xtratime Legend

Teams: România, Viitorul Constanta
It's really too bad Maxim isn't included. I don't want anybody to get injured, but maybe, maybe something like that will happen and he will be called to the squad.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in