Friendly: Romania - Lithuania - Xtratime Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 118 (permalink) Old March 17th, 2016, 16:31 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
Friendly: Romania - Lithuania

Wednesday, 23 March. 20:00 (TVR and Dolcesport)

Marin Anastasovici stadium, Giurgiu

Players abroad pre-list:

Portari: Ciprian Tătărușanu (Fiorentina), Costel Pantilimon (Watford)

Fundași: Alexandru Mățel (Dinamo Zagreb), Vlad Chiricheș (SSC Napoli), Dragoș Grigore (Al Sailiya), Cosmin Moți (Ludogorets), Laszlo Sepsi (FC Nurnberg)

Mijlocași: Ovidiu Hoban (Hapoel Be'er Sheva), Lucian Sânmărtean (Al Ittihad), Gabriel Torje (Osmanlispor), Alexandru Maxim (VfB Stuttgart)

Atacanți: Bogdan Stancu (Genclerbirligi), Claudiu Keșeru (Ludogorets), Florin Andone (Cordoba), Raul Rusescu (Osmanlispor)

Lithuanian squad:

Portari: Vytautas Cerniauskas (Dinamo Bucureşti/România), Emilijus Zubas (Podbeskidzie Bielsko-Biala/Polonia), Ernestas Setkus (Sivasspor/Turcia);

Fundaşi: Vytautas Andriuskevicius (Cambuur Leeuwarden/Olanda), Markas Beneta (Atlantas Klaipeda), Valdemar Borovskij (Lietava Jonava), Deividas Cesnauskis (FK Trakai), Georgas Freidgeimas (Irtîş Pavlodar/Kazahstan), Edvinas Girdvainis (Marbella/Spania), Linas Klimavicius (Zalgiris Vilnius), Tomas Mikuckis (Energhia Habarovsk/Rusia), Egidijus Vaitkunas (Zalgiris Vilnius);

Mijlocaşi: Andrius Bartkus (Atlantas Klaipeda), Tautvydas Eliosius (Zalgiris Vilnius), Donatas Kazlauskas (Atlantas Klaipeda), Vytautas Luksa (Zalgiris Vilnius), Saulius Mikoliunas (Zalgiris Vilnius), Mindaugas Panka (Hapoel Petah Tikva/Israel), Deimantas Petravicius (Nottingham Forest/Anglia), Vykintas Slivka (Den Bosch/Olanda), Arturas Zulpa (Tobol Kostanai/Kazahstan), Mantas Kuklys (Zalgiris Vilnius), Ernestas Veliulis (Suduva Marijampole), Ovidijus Verbickas (Atlantas Klaipeda);

Atacanţi: Deivydas Matulevicius (FC Botoşani/România), Lukas Spalvis (Aalborg BK/Danemarca), Fedor Cernych (Jagiellonia Bialystok/Polonia).

Romania and Lithuania have played 10 games in history, with 9 Romanian wins and 1 Lithuanian win.
Last match in Romania was a 0-3 in 2008.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 118 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2016, 15:50
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
Final list:

LOTUL COMPLET:

Portari: Ciprian Tătărușanu (Fiorentina), Costel Pantilimon (Watford), Silviu Lung (Astra Giurgiu)

Fundași: Cristian Săpunaru (Pandurii), Alexandru Mățel (Dinamo Zagreb), Vlad Chiricheș (SSC Napoli), Dragoș Grigore (Al Sailiya), Valerică Găman (Astra Giurgiu), Cosmin Moți (Ludogorets), Steliano Filip (Dinamo), Laszlo Sepsi (FC Nurnberg)

Mijlocași: Mihai Pintilii (FC Steaua București), Ovidiu Hoban (Hapoel Be'er Sheva), Adrian Ropotan (Pandurii), Adrian Popa (FC Steaua București), Gabriel Torje (Osmanlispor), Florin Tănase (FC Viitorul), Lucian Sânmărtean (Al Ittihad), Nicolae Stanciu (FC Steaua București)

Atacanți: Claudiu Keșeru (Ludogorets), Florin Andone (Cordoba), Raul Rusescu (Osmanlispor), Bogdan Stancu (Genclerbirigi), Ioan Hora (Pandurii), Andrei Ivan (CSU Craiova)

Stanciu was called

Sepsi remains, Ropotan, Tanase, Ivan and hora called. Those can be considered the surprising names.

Chipciu not called

Alibec(he is fit, will play today for Astra) and Vatajelu not called

Can you guess who was dropped?

Alex Maxim

As usual, a list with a lot to argue.

Maxim pays for not playing much, even when he was important in the last games. (scored against Feroe, made the cross for Andone´s goal vs Italy). Torje is there even when he doesn´t play much.

Filip over Vatajelu is a mistake IMO.

Ropotan as the DM choice. So 3 DM´s with not vision or technique

Even Hora was picked over Alibec. A big mistake, as he is the only striker with a different profile.

The good news can be considered the callups of Stanciu(definately the best news) who takes Budescu´s spot, and the confirmation of Tanase and Ivan after the last friendlies
post #3 of 118 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2016, 16:01 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I don't like the Maxim thing at all.

I won't say anything about Alibec for now. I still hope he'll get a chance.

Good for Stanciu.

post #4 of 118 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2016, 16:12
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
I completely disagree with Maxim's drop... Does he have any injuries or is it completely unexcusable?

as i said, only room in our squad for 2 interesting footballers.
post #5 of 118 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2016, 16:29
Forum Manager
Legend

Maxim was in the bench in the last game, so he must be fit.

I have a hard time understanding the press. Digisport puts on the same level the absence of Maxim, Chipciu and Papp. How many minutes would Chipciu or Popa have for Stuttgart? At least Maxim has been considered for many seasons now, with ups and downs but being at a decent level. Popa and Chipciu can hardly say that about their level in Liga I. Same can be said about Torje in Turkey
post #6 of 118 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2016, 16:36
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

2 places for Matei, Maxim, Lucian and Stanciu. Who do you prefer?
post #7 of 118 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2016, 16:53
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestasuceava View Post
2 places for Matei, Maxim, Lucian and Stanciu. Who do you prefer?
That´s not completely fair. at least on a 25 man squad, Hora, Tanase and Ivan can be replaced by any of them.

In fact this squad only has 3 players for the wings: Torje, Popa and Tanase. Unless we consider Ivan or Stancu for the left. As I doubt they´ll start Tanase, They are maybe thinking on Stancu, Stanciu or Lucian for the LM spot. Or using Torje there

But if I had to make the choice you propose, I guess I´d go with Stanciu and Lucian
post #8 of 118 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2016, 16:57
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Well, it's not fair, but it looks like that will be the choice to make, seemingly. I don't think Bicfalvi or Nistor have any chance to be considered but it'll be hard to ignore Matei if he continues his current performances.
post #9 of 118 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2016, 17:35
Forum Manager
Legend

Now that I think about it, who will use the 10 shirt? Maxim was the last one. Budescu was a candidate, but none of them are in the squad. I think it´ll be too early for Stanciu, so it´s likely someone will dishonor Hagi´s shirt, after the great Florescu
post #10 of 118 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2016, 18:18
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Lucian should wear the #10. I'd be OK with Stanciu
post #11 of 118 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2016, 18:51
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
Let's be clear, another low point...it's a joke...i won't mention all the brainless decisions in this list because everybody here sees and knows them. it's like shooting in your own foot and expect to run faster. and our blind media talks about the wrong stuff like always...
post #12 of 118 (permalink) Old March 18th, 2016, 20:44 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Lung recovered just in time btw. Nita has to wait his chance.
post #13 of 118 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2016, 01:07 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

While Ivan and Florin Tanase are promising youngsters, maybe Tata Puiu is 'pulling out all the stops' a bit more than I wish with them. In this selection probably Florentin Matei (especially when Maxim wasn't included) and Alibec made more sense.

Ivan and Tanase can be integrated in the NT after EURO's.
post #14 of 118 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2016, 15:50
Forum Manager
Legend

He probably goes for players he can drop without much noise
post #15 of 118 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2016, 19:05 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Considerat de mulţi oameni de fotbal din Liga 1 cel mai bun atacant din Liga 1 în acest moment, Denis Alibec nu face parte din lotul naţionalei pentru partidele amicale cu Lituania şi Spania, iar tehnicianul Astrei, Marius Şumudică, a criticat selecţia lui Iordănescu la finalul partidei cu ASA Târgu Mureş, scor 1-0, în care Alibec a oferit o pasă decisivă. "Era afectat, am vorbit cu el înainte de meci. Nu am înţeles decizia de a anunţa lotul naţional înaintea etapei, m-am temut să nu-i toarne plumb în picioare. De departe este cel mai bun jucător din ţară", a declarat şumudică.

Anghel Iordănescu a preferat să meargă pe mâna stranierilor Claudiu Keşeru, Bogdan Stancu, Florin Andone şi Raul Rusescu, toţi aflaţi într-o formă foarte bună în ultimele săptămâni, în timp ce din campionatul intern i-a convocat pe Andrei Ivan (CS U Craiova) şi pe golgheterul la zi al Ligii 1, Ioan Hora (Pandurii).

Vorbind pe tema selecţiei făcută de Iordănescu, Denis Alibec a afirmat că speră în continuare că va reuşi să-l convingă pe antrenorul naţionalei că merită să facă parte din lotul de 23 de jucători pentru Euro 2016.

"Normal că îmi doream să fiu acolo, dar asta e. E decizia lui Nea Puiu, nu cred că era nevoie să-mi dea vreo explicaţie. Oricine şi-ar fi dorit să joace cu Spania, dar mai vin meciuri frumoase şi sper să fiu convocat atunci. Eu trebuie să joc bine şi să-mi fac treaba şi pe viitor poate o să fiu şi eu la echipa naţională. Eu cred că am şanse să ajung la Euro, totul depinde de mine" a declarat Alibec.

Prosport
post #16 of 118 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2016, 19:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Sometimes I think Romanian supporters have what they deserve...

These supporters deserve all the Piturcas and Iordanescus of the world.
post #17 of 118 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2016, 21:24
World Class Player

Of course it's stupid to not call Maxim considering what our midfield has to offer (but there's always room for Pintilii and Hoban...) and considering he can play on the wings (almost no options there in this squad...but we have Torje :rollani: ) and in a central position. but it could have one positive effect maybe: Maxim starting to think if being on the bench at a club constantly for 2 years is really what he aims for in his career....
The Rumaniac likes this.
post #18 of 118 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2016, 21:41
World Class Player

Oh, and i wouldn't be surprised if these NT lists are sometimes 2 weeks old and they only change something if somebody gets injured...these lists just totally ignore performances and some players have a fixed spot no matter what they do. Ivan and Tanase score a few goals, both still very raw (I'm not against them but it's just too soon), get called every time just to sit on the bench (let's be realistic, they won't play any role in the NT for now)...Matei one of the best midfielders in Ukraine and Croatia, Leicester interested, f*ck him...

why can nobody of our sports journalists ask them unpleasant questions, is everybody f*cking stupid?? ....i want them to give us their rational explanations for some of these decisions, give me a good explanation and i'm happy...it feels like these lists are influenced by emotions, superstition and agents....confront them with the players they left out and the players they called...confront them with stats...let them sweat...i feel like writing to the biggest rom journalists and ask them to stop jerking off and show us they know romanian football.

i wouldn't be one bit surprised if Alibec moves to a good club in summer and keeps on rocking there...and then he will get called and they will act like he wasn't the same player for months before that...how can people be so blind (even fans, media always shapes the narrative as we can see....and people are stupid in general)...if you don't call Alibec and Matei now, you shouldn't call them in 12 months either because their level won't and can't be much higher because they are already at a great level. right now the only striker who can hold a candle to Alibec is Andone...

give me Sumudica, he wouldn't be perfect, he would probably do a lot of stupid stuff too...but i'm quite sure we would see atleast the 10 best romanian footballers in the squad constantly, not only 5 of them...and he wouldn't care one bit about horrible players like Pintilii...if we are talking the same shit in 2 years Burleanu can kiss my ass too....how can he chose this coaching solution and then not change anything even after months of failure...i'm a keyboard warrior here but even I could've qualified Romania from this joke of a group

i can't stop anymore...Papp in the squad and starting line up for months and suddenly he is not good enough for Steaua and the NT...very late inspiration there...and great consistency of course....but nobody will criticize them for this...meh happens, deal with it...it's not like somebody else could've gained experience and chemistry in that time instead of him...let's just have no plan whatsoever and change our opinion for no special reason...Papp today is just as good as he was one year before...why do we drop him? he qualified us singlehandedly...

is Hagi atleast criticizing them? he should...he should constantly put his finger into this huge wound...i should stop dreaming....and in a few weeks they will destroy our name (the little which is still left but only because nobody saw our games, just the results, and thanks to our past) in front of the world
The Rumaniac likes this.

Last edited by NoName; March 19th, 2016 at 21:53.
post #19 of 118 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2016, 21:51 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Florin Tanase was in great form months ago. Now not so much.
post #20 of 118 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2016, 23:07
Forum Manager
Legend

Yes, but Tanase and Ivan won´t get much time, as NoName says. Matei is already a mature player, he could come into the team without any problems

I agree about this triggering an alarm for Maxim. He needs it

There are many voices asking for Stanciu, Alibec and Matei. They did before with Budescu, they talk about Bicfalvi. At least some of the press doesn´t shut up.

For now Let´s hope to see more of Andone and Stanciu, and Lucian starting for the NT (lately he seemed to compete with Budescu)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in