LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 211 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2015, 18:31 Thread Starter
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
România vs. Fřroyar, March 29th, 2015, Ploiești

Our campaign is about to reach the halfway point:

EURO 2016 Undankapping latest results:

Grikkaland-Fřroyar 0-1, 14. november 2014 á Karaiskakis leikvřllinum í Pireus í Athen.

Rumenia - Norđurírland 2-0.

The Faroese squad has been announced:

A-landsliđiđ:

Portari: Gunnar Nielsen (Motherwell), Teitur Gestsson (HB Torshavn), Tordur Thomsen (B36 Torshavn);

Fundaşi: Jonas Tor Naes, Odmar Faero (ambii B36 Torshavn), Viljormur Davidsen, Sonni Ragnar Nattestad (ambii Vejle BK), Atli Gregersen, Badur Hansen (ambii Vikingur), Johan Troest Davidsen (HB Torshavn);

Mijlocaşi: Frodi Benjaminsen (HB Torshavn), Gilli Sorensen (Aalborg BK), Pol Johannus Justinussen (NSI Runavik), Roaldur Jakobsen (B36 Torshavn), Kaj Leo Bartalsstovu (Levanger FK), Christian Lamhauge Holst (Fremad Amager), Brandur Olsen (FC Copenhaga), Solvi Vatnhamar (Vikingur);

Atacanţi: Klaemint Olsen (NSI Runavik), Arnbjorn Hansen (HB Torshavn), Joan Simun Edmundsson (Vejle BK).

Our squad later on; will be announced on Sunday, seemingly.

Marica and Stancu are both injured, among the news. It means we can expect Keseru will be part of the squad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 211 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2015, 18:46
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
The Faroes are maybe the best "minnow" team in Europe, along with Liechtenstein. I think they won their last game in this group against the Greeks. I'd still be amazed if you didn't win this, of course, but still, your players need to respect the opposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #3 of 211 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2015, 21:04
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
The Faroes are maybe the best "minnow" team in Europe, along with Liechtenstein. I think they won their last game in this group against the Greeks. I'd still be amazed if you didn't win this, of course, but still, your players need to respect the opposition.
completely agree, you can easily drop points against them....they rarely lose higher than with 1-2 goals difference

post #4 of 211 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2015, 22:30
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
The game will be played in Ploiesti

Romania met Faroe in 4 matches until now, getting 4 wins:

1992: Romania 7 (Balint x3, Hagi, Lacatus, Lupescu, Pana) - Faroe 0
1993: Faroe 0 - Romania 4 (Raducioiu x4)
2008: Faroe 0 - Romania 1 (Cocis)
2009: Romania 3 (Apostol, Bucur, Mazilu) - Faroe 1
post #5 of 211 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2015, 23:20 Thread Starter
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Interestingly enough, according to wikipedia, we've only ever qualified by finishing 1st in the group (or getting invited to the tournament). This includes the fabulous qualification to Euro 2008 when we placed before the Dutch.
post #6 of 211 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2015, 10:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
Romania met Faroe in 4 matches until now, getting 4 wins:

1992: Romania 7 (Balint x3, Hagi, Lacatus, Lupescu, Pana) - Faroe 0
1993: Faroe 0 - Romania 4 (Raducioiu x4)
2008: Faroe 0 - Romania 1 (Cocis)
2009: Romania 3 (Apostol, Bucur, Mazilu) - Faroe 1
I guess that shows Faroes have become more competitive in recent years, it's not uncommon for them to pick up results in qualifying campaigns. And also that Romania aren't as strong as they used to be, of course.

Some of their results I remember:

Faroes 1 Northern Ireland 1
Faroes 2 Estonia 0
Greece 0 Faroes 1
narrow defeats to teams like Sweden [1-2] and Italy [0-1]

But they usually get these results at home. The win in Greece really surprised me, even though Greece were in crisis... still I'm sure you'll win this as they're normally harder to beat at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #7 of 211 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2015, 13:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Stancu, Tatarusanu, Marica and Matel are out, while Rat is doubtful

http://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/nationala/s...za-446543.html
post #8 of 211 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2015, 17:15
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
Quote:
Stancu, Tatarusanu, Marica and Matel are out, while Rat is doubtful

http://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/nationala/s...za-446543.html
According to that article Matel was dropped. He was starter for DZ yestersay and played 80 minutes. Unless he got injured...
It´s a big blow cause we need offensive sidebakcs, specially for such games, and the rest of the options are very limited offensively
post #9 of 211 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2015, 17:21 Thread Starter
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Stupid to drop Matel otherwise, yes.

LB should be fine with Vatajelu, and RB we'll be using Papp for his 2 goals vs NIR (good way to judge a RB, I know... but please no Tamas FFS).
post #10 of 211 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2015, 17:37
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Papp is offensive in his own way. I mean, he's good at headers and scores easily when he's in the rival box.

Obviously by offensive sidebacks we mean offensive with the ball, combining, crossing and all that stuff. I would have played with Matel. But at least Papp has his weapons too.
post #11 of 211 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2015, 17:41 Thread Starter
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

True. But to drop Matel, who, AFAIK, played both RB and LB for DZG, in this situation, is quite retarded. If he's not injured, IMO, Iordanescu has no excuse...

And yes, vs Faeroes, I'd use Matel over Papp.
post #12 of 211 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2015, 17:45
International

box to box is our weakest point in set plays.. I like Papp at RB for both sides of the pitch.
post #13 of 211 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2015, 17:47 Thread Starter
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Faroes might score on you, unlike other teams, but as long as you have players who can disentangle their defensive game, and score as well, it shouldn't be a difficult task to score more than them.

But the players have to be focused and motivated, unlike the Greeks I'm afraid we aren't, and we might look as bad as the Greeks soon

And I hope mr. Bourceanu isn't called up... I've never been a fan, sure, but there's been something off about him lately.
post #14 of 211 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2015, 17:58
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Some rumours said the Greek players 'lost on purpose' to force the sacking of Ranieri.

We'll never know I guess.

Greece play in Budapest this weekend, I hope they get some point there.
post #15 of 211 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2015, 21:45
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Teams: U Craiova, Milan, West Ham, Ajax, TFC, ROU, ITA
http://www.frf.ro/echipa-nationala/2...-cu-feroe.html

Cei 25 de jucători care au primit faxul de convocare sunt:*

Portari:

Costel Pantilimon (Sunderland), Silviu Lung jr. (Astra), Cristi Bălgrădean (CS U Craiova)*

Fundași:

Vlad Chiricheș (Tottenham), Florin Gardoș (Southampton), Dragoș Grigore (Toulouse), Răzvan Raț (PAOK), Paul Papp (Steaua), Cristi Manea (Viitorul), Cosmin Moți (Ludogorets), Bogdan Vătăjelu (CS U Craiova), Laszlo Sepsi (ASA Tg. Mureș)*

Mijlocași:

Lucian Sânmărtean (Al Ittihad), Gabriel Torje (Konyaspor), Mihai Pintilii, Dan Nistor (ambii Pandurii), Adi Popa, Andrei Prepeliță, Alexandru Chipciu, Cristi Tănase (toți Steaua), Claudiu Bumba (ASA Tg. Mureș)*

Atacanți:

Alexandru Maxim (VfB Stuttgart), Florin Andone (Cordoba), Raul Rusescu (Steaua), Claudiu Keșeru (Al Gharafa)

Nistor, Lucian, and Bumba called

However it sucks that Matel, Budescu, and Muresan were overlooked. And I think he called too many defenders, just like Piti... Rather have Florin Tanase, Mitrita, and/or Puscas than Moti and Papp for this one. I like Manea even if he won't get minutes. Pintilii, Chipciu don't deserve call-ups. Popa and Prepe marginally although they can be very useful players, especially the former. I like the Filips, from Steaua and Petrolul, too bad they didn't get a real chance in the friendlies

Really though, what is the point of calling 3 LBs? Although Rat might actually be fit enough, maybe Iorda is trying to cover his ass in case? Still, strange he calls an extra LB but not Matel who can do both RB and LB if needed and offers so much more ths the others.. And calls so many CBs anyway, it's a start

forestasuceava: you prostitute yourself?
me: for the national team.. I would

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
My All-Time Romania unique XIs:
----------------Lung
Petrescu--Stefanescu--Popescu--Chivu
----------Boloni----Lupescu
Dumitrescu--Dobrin/Balaci--Hagi
-----------------Mutu

Last edited by Hagibest; March 22nd, 2015 at 21:54.
post #16 of 211 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2015, 22:00
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

3 LBs is clearly because of Rat conditions.

I'd have called Budescu and not Chipciu.
post #17 of 211 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2015, 01:46
International

not a bad list.. I disagree GICA, Budescu is a one way player and Chipciu is a very hard worker.
post #18 of 211 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2015, 02:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Yeah but I'm talking about 'their moments'. When you make a selection you have to take this in consideration: the form of the players.

I think that leaving Chipciu out could be positive for him. Maybe he wakes up this way.

Bicfalvi is out of the list too.
post #19 of 211 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2015, 06:10
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Teams: U Craiova, Milan, West Ham, Ajax, TFC, ROU, ITA
In-form and inspired Chipciu > poor or avg form Budescu.. But Budescu on his good days can be deadly and a super player to have behind the striker imo. One of the most underrated imo and his technique is class. Chipciu recently has not been impressing me but I have seen some good things from Budescu in the friendlies and with Astra lately so I think he deserves a place is all. I know there's more to it like his mental game and Chipciu does work hard.. but as GICA said maybe he needs a wake-up call.

Also, we haven't seen Bicfalvi scoring or assisting in the latest games in Ukraine (I think), maybe he is out of form can't tell since I don't watch his performances. Or Iorda opted out for this one. Either way, he still has a future in the NT and could make a nice move this summer if he gets those numbers back and keeps performing.

What interests me is the other guys in Ukraine like Florentin Matei and Ionut Vlad. The former has looked good and still young, could be a future for him too. Vlad has been in and out of the Dnipro side over the season and I can't tell his performances but I'm assuming it's just not good enough.. Still curious about him.

forestasuceava: you prostitute yourself?
me: for the national team.. I would

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
My All-Time Romania unique XIs:
----------------Lung
Petrescu--Stefanescu--Popescu--Chivu
----------Boloni----Lupescu
Dumitrescu--Dobrin/Balaci--Hagi
-----------------Mutu

Last edited by Hagibest; March 23rd, 2015 at 06:16.
post #20 of 211 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2015, 12:41
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
Nistor is the best news of this list, by far!! I hope he gets his chance, cause he could be a joy with Lucian and Maxim

Quote:
Papp is offensive in his own way. I mean, he's good at headers and scores easily when he's in the rival box.

Obviously by offensive sidebacks we mean offensive with the ball, combining, crossing and all that stuff. I would have played with Matel. But at least Papp has his weapons too.
Side baks who are good with the ball being a lot of options to a team´s attack. Papp is not that kind of player. Vatajelu is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagibest View Post
In-form and inspired Chipciu > poor or avg form Budescu.. But Budescu on his good days can be deadly and a super player to have behind the striker imo. One of the most underrated imo and his technique is class. Chipciu recently has not been impressing me but I have seen some good things from Budescu in the friendlies and with Astra lately so I think he deserves a place is all. I know there's more to it like his mental game and Chipciu does work hard.. but as GICA said maybe he needs a wake-up call.

Also, we haven't seen Bicfalvi scoring or assisting in the latest games in Ukraine (I think), maybe he is out of form can't tell since I don't watch his performances. Or Iorda opted out for this one. Either way, he still has a future in the NT and could make a nice move this summer if he gets those numbers back and keeps performing.

What interests me is the other guys in Ukraine like Florentin Matei and Ionut Vlad. The former has looked good and still young, could be a future for him too. Vlad has been in and out of the Dnipro side over the season and I can't tell his performances but I'm assuming it's just not good enough.. Still curious about him.
I´m surprised Bicfalvi was left out. He did well against Denmark. The league in Ukraine started recently, he only scored 1 penalty, but he showed great form last year. I don´t get it. Chipciu has been off form for months now, he didn´t impress for the NT either and yet there he is...

Budescu has his ups and downs, no question, but it always seems like Steaua players have an easy access to the NT while others have to be on top form all the time... Tanase, Chipciu, Popa, Rusescu, Prepelita (who isn´t even a starter for Steaua!!!) always seem to be there.

BTW Muresan has a foot bone fracture and is out for around 5 weeks. I don´t think he would have been called anyway. Vlad is a mistery. Romanian media doesn´t even mention him when they talk about Dnipro, they even said Tatarusanu is the only romanian left on Europa league, I can´t find any news...

But at least the calling of Nistor and Bumba shows Iordanescu pays attention to the form of the players

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in