Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, Romānia
EURO Qualifiers: Finland - Romania

Helsinki Olympic stadium

Tuesday 14 October (21:45)

Bogdan Mitrea has replaced Goian in the squad
http://www.frf.ro/echipa-nationala/b...in-goian-.html

I don't get the love of Piturca for Mitrea, but well he won't play anyways.

8 games between Finland and Romania in the history, with a balance of 6 Romanian wins and 2 draws.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 153 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2014, 14:12 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Finland coach:

“E o echipă cu adevărat dificilă. Dar dacă vom fi concentraţi, vom avea energie şi ne vom păstra sīngele rece, putem să le punem probleme romānilor.

Ei au o echipă foarte periculoasă pe contraatac. O fomaţie cu multă viteză şi tehnică foarte bună. Cam acelaşi stil ca Grecia.

Aş fi mulţumit dacă nu pierdem meciul de marţi. Dar avem o oportunitate să cīştigăm meciul şi ne dorim acest lucru.

Vor fi foarte multe rezultate de egalitate, foarte multe surprize. Irlanda de Nord are deja două victorii, grupa va fi foarte strīnsă”
post #3 of 153 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2014, 14:16
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
8 games between Finland and Romania in the history, with a balance of 6 Romanian wins and 2 draws.
Our history with most good European teams is bad, because we were total crap up until the late 1990's

The last time Finland and Romania faced was 2006 qualifiers where Romania won both matches, 2-1 and 0-1. That was the time when coach Antti Muurinen wasted the "golden generation" of Finnish football playing very naive and over-attacking football.

---

A big question for Finland and Paatelainen is, where will Eremeko play in this match? He started the Greece game in the forward trio, but was moved to the anchor place in the middle of the midfield trio for the second half. This was because Greece effectively closed the link between Finlands two best passers Moisander and Eremenko in the 1st half, so Eremenko couldn't get into the game. He didn't get the ball enough. It's crucial for Finland that Eremenko is on the ball as much as possible.

In the second half Eremenko gave lots of trough passes from his deep playmaker position, so the change worked well. On the other hand, if he would play forward closer to the opposition goal, he would have more opportunities to use his great shot and give final breaking passes.

One thing is sure: Mixu won't change his 4-3-2-1 formation. We have been using it for 3 years and players have learned it well.

I suppose Piturca is a cautious coach and will make his team defend deep in the away games?

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
Finland coach:

“E o echipă cu adevărat dificilă. Dar dacă vom fi concentraţi, vom avea energie şi ne vom păstra sīngele rece, putem să le punem probleme romānilor.

Ei au o echipă foarte periculoasă pe contraatac. O fomaţie cu multă viteză şi tehnică foarte bună. Cam acelaşi stil ca Grecia.

Aş fi mulţumit dacă nu pierdem meciul de marţi. Dar avem o oportunitate să cīştigăm meciul şi ne dorim acest lucru.

Vor fi foarte multe rezultate de egalitate, foarte multe surprize. Irlanda de Nord are deja două victorii, grupa va fi foarte strīnsă”
I think I understand the word contraatac

post #4 of 153 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2014, 15:02
Rising Star

This would be my guess for the Finland lineup. Mixu might choose Hurme again for the RB, because he had some good moments and even scored. But I still think he is a risky (or riski) choice. Sometimes he was lost in the defending zone and couldn't clear th ball before Greece goal. If Hurme starts, Arkivuo goes to the left side.

Pohjanpalo is the most natural scorer we have right now, but he looked nervous at his first big game in the Olympiastadion, and blew a 4 vs. 1 -attack. He could come from the bench again if necessery.

Nervous about the match. Could go either way, but a loss would be very bad for us, since it would mean oly 1 point from two home games. A draw would not be great either, but at least it would keep us level with Romania. This group is as unpredictable as predicted
post #5 of 153 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2014, 15:07
Rising Star

Teams: Romania.
post #6 of 153 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2014, 16:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

At least Burleanu listened and talked with him.

I like about him that he tries to keep contact with fans.
post #7 of 153 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2014, 16:26
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Teams: U Craiova, Milan, West Ham, Ajax, TFC, ROU, ITA
Mitrea brought into the squad to replace Goian

Edit: just read your first post.. don't doubt Piturca's ability to do something stupid like that

I think our biggest win ever was against Finland, 9-0... but both teams are very different now, needless to say. We need a win, a draw would be not be pleasing. No match in this group will be 'easy' with Piturca.. never know what to expect, only wild hope.

forestasuceava: you prostitute yourself?
me: for the national team.. I would

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
My All-Time Romania unique XIs:
----------------Lung
Petrescu--Stefanescu--Popescu--Chivu
----------Boloni----Lupescu
Dumitrescu--Dobrin/Balaci--Hagi
-----------------Mutu

Last edited by Hagibest; October 12th, 2014 at 16:36.
post #8 of 153 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2014, 16:55 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perunamuusi View Post

This would be my guess for the Finland lineup. Mixu might choose Hurme again for the RB, because he had some good moments and even scored. But I still think he is a risky (or riski) choice. Sometimes he was lost in the defending zone and couldn't clear th ball before Greece goal. If Hurme starts, Arkivuo goes to the left side.

Pohjanpalo is the most natural scorer we have right now, but he looked nervous at his first big game in the Olympiastadion, and blew a 4 vs. 1 -attack. He could come from the bench again if necessery.

Nervous about the match. Could go either way, but a loss would be very bad for us, since it would mean oly 1 point from two home games. A draw would not be great either, but at least it would keep us level with Romania. This group is as unpredictable as predicted
We have to find some holes in your defence and basically we can do it only through Sanmartean passes. That or through some set piece or penalty kick.
And we have to force Sanmartean because he has some physical problems.

It will be difficult. If you guys manage to score, you'll very probably won't lose.

I think it's urgent to find new options for the central midfield. We need more complete midfielders. Players that can defend and pass properly.
This is a task for Piturca in the coming months. Without Bourceanu and Costin Lazar we have seen our deficencies there.

Last edited by GICA; October 12th, 2014 at 17:00.
post #9 of 153 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2014, 22:01 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Nationala in Helsinki

post #10 of 153 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2014, 02:05
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagibest View Post

I think our biggest win ever was against Finland, 9-0... but both teams are very different now, needless to say. We need a win, a draw would be not be pleasing. No match in this group will be 'easy' with Piturca.. never know what to expect, only wild hope.
Noo... you think we won't beat them 9-0? We won't score more goals now than in the past year?... Keep dreaming, sure we will... and then I woke up
post #11 of 153 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2014, 02:13
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Mr. Paul Cutswind to ref this match
post #12 of 153 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2014, 05:55
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestasuceava View Post
Noo... you think we won't beat them 9-0? We won't score more goals now than in the past year?... Keep dreaming, sure we will... and then I woke up
It's more likely that they would beat us 9-0 than the other way around with Piturca

I'm actually starting to think that it's better for us to be tied or losing at half-time so that Piti doesnt have time to take drastic measures (his 'retreat') and try to keep a 1-0 win again. I would rather we came from behind or broke a dead-lock in the second half and keep playing and a more attacking game (relatively, we are still talking Piturca here).

Anyway, I'm actually a bit tense for this one.. it's annoying to be in this situation.

We will definitely need a change of attacking players, Torje and Enache need to play. Drop Chipciu to the bench, idk about forcing SM but if it's not too risky then I would do it. Maxim still starter.. Move Chiriches to CM with Pintilii/Hoban and put Luchin at RB. Rusescu/Keseru to start as striker.

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
----------------Lung
-----------------Mutu
post #13 of 153 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2014, 06:54
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Tatarusanu

Luchin--Grigore----Moti----Rat

???---Chiriches

Torje------Lucian--------Maxim

Keseru/Rusescu

or

Tatarusanu

Luchin---Chiriches---Grigore------Rat

???----Lucian

Maxim-----Rusescu-----Enache

Keseru

I didn't like Gardos TBH, nor Chiriches, nor Chipciu... I also don't think a Chiriches--Lucian as a DM line can work.

one thing is for sure... we'll play like shit
post #14 of 153 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2014, 09:21
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

CUM AR PUTEA ARĂTA ROMĀNIA MĪINE: Tătăruşanu - Luchin, Gardoş, Dr. Grigore, Raţ - Chiricheş, Hoban - Torje, Sīnmărtean, Tănase - Stancu

GSP: http://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/nationala/m...37103-20141013
post #15 of 153 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2014, 14:26
International

shame to not use moti.
post #16 of 153 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2014, 15:08
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Nice XI that would be! Finally someone realizes Chiriches at CM is better for us atm.

I'd only switch the left flank with Maxim, Rusescu sau Keseru for Stancu, and I'd like to see Enache get some minutes.

Moti deserves a chance in the Denmark friendly, not the right time for him to enter the XI imo. Wish we had Bumba, Antal, and Cretu in this squad.

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
----------------Lung
-----------------Mutu
post #17 of 153 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2014, 15:14
Rising Star

The match will be played at 21.45 local time on Tuesday night, so sadly the stadium wont be full...Only 16 000 tickets sold so far.
post #18 of 153 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2014, 16:23
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perunamuusi View Post
The match will be played at 21.45 local time on Tuesday night, so sadly the stadium wont be full...Only 16 000 tickets sold so far.
A couple fewer hours of sleep won't make a true fan turn away... Or is there no night public transit that night?
post #19 of 153 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2014, 17:11
Rising Star

I agree, but the problem is mostly with people living outside of Helsinki, because there aren't great transportation options that late, and people with children. Or both For a lot of Finnish parents it's unspeakable to let their children be wake till midnight on a school night!

Not a problem for true supporters (often single men ), but more so to the huge masses. This is not a football country after all, even though the National team is popular.

The home matches against Spain and France were almost sold out though, even though they were played at 21.30, so I guess the time alone isn't the only problem...

But I'll be there in the Pohjoiskaarre:

http://youtu.be/Mo3iZc0LbjA

-------------

HJK Helsinki plays two of their three EL home matches at 22.05. One HJK player said that he usually goes to sleep at 22.30

Last edited by Perunamuusi; October 13th, 2014 at 17:22.
post #20 of 153 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2014, 21:18 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

In 1985 we had a 20 years old player capable of scoring this way in Finland

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in