The Comeback of a Generation? Romania-Greece - Xtratime Community
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 248 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2013, 07:21 Thread Starter
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
The Comeback of a Generation? Romania-Greece

The official thread for the 2nd leg of the 2nd consecutive (for us) WC play-off we'll lose.

Bourceanu and Lazar are out. Piturca will probably not call anyone to replace them. He has Cocis after all.

EDIT: We can also discuss here what teams you're gonna support at the WC. It's gonna be Holland and Bosnia for me. Iceland too if they qualify.

Last edited by forestasuceava; November 16th, 2013 at 07:40.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 248 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2013, 19:13
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
I like Ukraine. Konoplianka and Iarmolenko are stars who play beatuful football
post #3 of 248 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2013, 19:15
Rising Star

Wow, Holland gave one of the most anti-football displays in living memory against Spain, why would anyone want to support them? Even Cryuff was embarrassed.

post #4 of 248 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2013, 19:18
YBC
Legend

Bosnia We have so many fans
post #5 of 248 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2013, 19:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
Quote:
Originally Posted by **Ano Gavrio** View Post
Wow, Holland gave one of the most anti-football displays in living memory against Spain, why would anyone want to support them? Even Cryuff was embarrassed.
They behaved very profesionally during these qualifiers. That's something really strange nowadays.

They use to play offensive too.
post #6 of 248 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2013, 20:36
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
I mostly root for the smaller teams and/or the team who deserved the win more (playing offensive, trying to win/score....hmm, i wonder why?). I think i'll like Bosnia, Belgium, Italy, Chile, Colombia and maybe some African team.

about our game: i think it will end 2:2. us scoring the first goal in the 1st ht, after that we sit back because we have sooo much time, Piti can still bring another striker in minute 87 when we need another goal. Greece equalizes then, probably in the stoppage time of the 1st ht or in the first 15 minutes of the 2nd ht. after that we get nervous and 2 late goals for both teams will get an easy qualification for Greece. their experienced coach and players know exactly how to treat such a game.

i read a comment on prosport which was the perfect summary of what Piturca did yesterday: he fielded a defensive team and they scored 3 times against us.

This is the worst you can do, and he has done it too many times. no matter if we need goals or not, we won't attack.
post #7 of 248 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2013, 22:55 Thread Starter
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumaniac View Post
I like Ukraine. Konoplianka and Iarmolenko are stars who play beatuful football
I agree.

The teams I really don't like are the anti-football teams.

Can't stand Portugal, due to Ronaldo, either.
post #8 of 248 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2013, 23:04 Thread Starter
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

LOL, Mutu just posted a picture of Piturca with Mr. Bean's (Rowan Atkinson's) face super-imposed, saying "Ne calificam sigur"

I guess this is Mutu's official retirement from the NT.
post #9 of 248 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2013, 23:32
International

It would be a revelation if Piti made an exit identical to Lucescu.
post #10 of 248 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2013, 23:35 Thread Starter
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Let's keep this one strictly for football, guys, no negative comments about the wonderfully large-headed Greeks.

Of course, there's little chance of being able to talk football when our best player is extremely average, he can only be the best passer and assistman in the Bundesliga. Not to mention our best defender, who had to wait for his "work card" before playing in the EPL. He's not that good. Not like those Greek guys playing in Greece--they never had to wait for the work permit to play
post #11 of 248 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2013, 23:39
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestasuceava View Post
Let's keep this one strictly for football, guys, no negative comments about the wonderfully large-headed Greeks.

Of course, there's little chance of being able to talk football when our best player is extremely average, he can only be the best passer and assistman in the Bundesliga. Not to mention our best defender, who had to wait for his "work card" before playing in the EPL. He's not that good. Not like those Greek guys playing in Greece--they never had to wait for the work permit to play
HYPNO COCK is gunna cum all over them.
post #12 of 248 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2013, 23:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

It's really incredible that even people from inferior countries from a sports point of view, make fun of Romania so easily and are so arrogant. This only speaks of the terrible situation the leaders, directors and 'rulers' have put Romania in. Only them, and an indulgent society, are to blame and nobody else.

Man, Romania have kicked the Greek asses so many times in football that their feet still hurt. At least this guy should respect that. I'd never go to Hungarian forum talking shit because I respect their tradition and history in this sport even if now they are worse than Romania. I don't know, maybe it's all about education or who knows...

And, Ano Gavrio, if nobody writes in the Greek subforum is not our fault. While you are here, in our subforum, you'll behave like a good boy. Take note.
post #13 of 248 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2013, 23:55 Thread Starter
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

BTW, Mitica might have destroyed Romanian football, but it's not for lack of knowledge. He'd've called up Mutu and Sanmartean.

http://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/nationala/d...us-413573.html
post #14 of 248 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2013, 00:01
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Dragomir always supported Sanmartean, that's true. But now it's late for both Mutu and Lucian.
post #15 of 248 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2013, 00:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

About the game, press talks about Cocis as starter again. So any chance of winning the game is basically destroyed.

I repeat I'd play Chiriches and Hoban in midfield.
post #16 of 248 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2013, 01:15
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: HELLAS, AEK, Srbija, Ukraine
Guys please don't feed trolls. There's no enmity here. Yes one team only can go through but it's just a game no need to lower yourselves down to the level of trolls who should know better when they are a guest in another forum.

To pio omorfo pragma sto kosmo einai na agapas tin AEK!
Det Vackraste i den har varlden, ar att alska AEK!
Самая прекрасная вещь на свете, это любить АЕК!
La plus belle chose dans le monde est l'amour pour l'AEK!
La cosa piu' bella nel' mondo e' di amare l'AEK!
Dünya'da en güzel şey, AEK aşkı.
A legszebb dolog a világon az AEK iránti imádat.
post #17 of 248 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2013, 02:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

See? People like Icarus are the ones that make think that it's a total nonsense to insult someone basing on his nationality.

Please read what he says and apply.
post #18 of 248 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2013, 02:47
International

Yeah, he said something I liked in another thread too..very logical.
post #19 of 248 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2013, 04:48
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Teams: U Craiova, Milan, West Ham, Ajax, TFC, ROU, ITA
My one and only response to thread that was closed and the Greek fanatic:

Poor little boy gets excited because he beat Piturca's team, such an achievement.. they couldnt beat Lucescus side though LOL. Not to worry, by 2016 we will have them blown out of the water with piturca and sandu gone (at least I pray).

... I do suppose it's my fault for starting this with my dumb "in the heat of the moment" comments... I certainly didnt mean them, I think all of us have huge reasons for frustration more than any other NT fans...

I ironically have three really good Greek friends at my university whom 2/3 are talented players for the school and also look upon me with high regard. We each eished each other good luck before the games and discussed our weaknesses, both sides said we were scared (me for obvious reasons) but thay it could still really go either way.

Anyhow, point is, you are right, none of us knows the others football well enough to make wild statements, even about players in Greece or the Greeks in romania since we havent followed their careers - in lucian's case, injuries and his decision to move to greece hurt his career the most. There is no doubt he would have made it at any top to mid table club in the biggest leagues abroad, his abilities are at that level for sure and if you think you are lying, stupid, or have not watched him properly. Therefore, we should just respect each other let the future of our foot all do the talking... right now the Greeks have the upper hand, and it doesnt matter who has more talented players or not or if the refs gave them the goals, it is unfortunately the result that matters... we didnt play well at all anyway, except for a few rare moments, and we will always be like this with Piturca, we know that. Repeating it wont help.

This guy is probably just an angry troll so it is best to ignore him and just move on... the facts have been stated, that is all. Let us enjoy football. I know this is hard to do in our situation right now, but we should stil support the team regardless and a 2 0 is not impossible even with cocis and piti... certainly much more difficult on ourselves than we need to be though.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2

forestasuceava: you prostitute yourself?
me: for the national team.. I would

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
My All-Time Romania unique XIs:
----------------Lung
Petrescu--Stefanescu--Popescu--Chivu
----------Boloni----Lupescu
Dumitrescu--Dobrin/Balaci--Hagi
-----------------Mutu
post #20 of 248 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2013, 04:55
Ilie Balaci ❤
World Class Player

Teams: U Craiova, Milan, West Ham, Ajax, TFC, ROU, ITA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
About the game, press talks about Cocis as starter again. So any chance of winning the game is basically destroyed.

I repeat I'd play Chiriches and Hoban in midfield.
If Piti plays attacking for once and uses Maxim and Chiri, even with cocis on the pitch , 2 0 is still definitely achievable. The greeks will try to defend the result, I doubt they will go for the away goal unless they know Piturca better than we thought

But again, I gotta ask you guys, would you prefer to go to the WC and likely get embarassed or have piturca gone for good and prepare for euro 2016 & the future?

Btw, it's a good thing only one of us goes through, dont wanna ruin the WC with two very dull teams... for one of us, it's because of the coach and only because of him.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2

forestasuceava: you prostitute yourself?
me: for the national team.. I would

U Craiova

Quote:
O iubire alb-albastra
La Craiova e mereu!
My All-Time Romania unique XIs:
----------------Lung
Petrescu--Stefanescu--Popescu--Chivu
----------Boloni----Lupescu
Dumitrescu--Dobrin/Balaci--Hagi
-----------------Mutu
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in