LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 317 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2013, 14:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
WCQ Romania - Estonia

National Arena, Bucharest

Tuesday, 21:00 (Romanian time)

Chiriches is suspended for this game. If Romania wins and Turkey don't beat Holland, Romania will be in the play-off. If Romania wins by 5 goals difference, they will force the Turks to beat the Dutch by 2 goals.

Romania and Estonia have played 3 games until now, with 2 Romanian wins and 1 Estonian win.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 317 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2013, 14:47
International

The determining factor here will be scoring goals while not keeping it to a one goal game because anything can happen if Estonia are within one. They are good on et pieces and we are not.. this is the main concern, otherwise.. this is a multi goal victory unless we play as we did against Andorra in the first half. Even the British tabloids said that we only had one single shot attempt in the first 40 minutes. That's pathetic really.
post #3 of 317 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2013, 17:01
World Class Player

Teams: Fulham and Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinamoBuc View Post
Even the British tabloids said that we only had one single shot attempt in the first 40 minutes.
Do you have a link?

Play XPS! - Romanian League Prediction!
Join now!

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

post #4 of 317 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2013, 22:36
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
For what i could see vs Turkey, Estonia didn´t seem like a pushover. no way we are getting a big score against them.

I´m much more close to NoName views here, we are pathetic as a team, we didn´t even play well vs Andorra. If Netherlands hands us the favor, we will have a very hard time in any playoff
post #5 of 317 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2013, 23:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

While it's true that Romania is not playing well...the 90% of European teams aren't either.

Even Spain are having terrible problems to win games against teams like Belarus, Georgia or Finland. Maybe only Germany, Holland and Belgium (and probably Russia too) are in a sweet period. The rest are in a low-average moment or aren't reliable enough.

This doesn't change the fact that Piturca is an idiot and his style is ugly and negative.
post #6 of 317 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2013, 23:26
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
Well Nederland always try to play attractive voetbal. That's why they're my fav team except Romania.

Brazil will probably win this WC, being the host and all.
post #7 of 317 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2013, 01:11
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumaniac View Post
For what i could see vs Turkey, Estonia didn´t seem like a pushover. no way we are getting a big score against them.
Estonia were at home against Turkey; sandwiched in between a heavy loss against us and a much heavier loss against Holland, Hungary gave them 5 in Budapest.

Quote:
I´m much more close to NoName views here, we are pathetic as a team, we didn´t even play well vs Andorra. If Netherlands hands us the favor, we will have a very hard time in any playoff
Andorra are hard to play against, we played against a pack of dogs not a football team. I think we could get a result against Ukraine or Greece.

Join now!

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
post #8 of 317 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2013, 02:04
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
Why don't you mention the lucky draw the Dutch got against Estonia because the referee handed them a very easy penalty in stoppage time...

we will most likely score 1-2 goals, more than 3 or 4 is impossible with Piti (and even with good coaches not easy).
post #9 of 317 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2013, 02:23 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

We won 0-2 in Estonia. In normal conditions Romania can get a 3-0 against them at home.
post #10 of 317 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2013, 02:52
World Class Player

Estonia are much worse away.

Not-so-fun fact:
An already qualified Holland lost away on their last matchday twice in their last three qualification campaigns (2008 vs. Belarus, 2012 vs. Sweden). These were, however, Euro qualifiers. In the last matchdays of their last two World Cup qualifiers, Holland drew (2006 home vs Macedonia) and won (2010 away vs Scotland).

Join now!

post #11 of 317 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2013, 06:09
International

I saw the article online, don't know where.. was a british press.

and I think we'll win and it'll depend on who we play in the play-off and what Romanian team shows up.. but really, we shouldn't bet our houses on anything at this point.. there's no confidence earned.
post #12 of 317 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2013, 12:32
International

Know what's funny? Piturca said that we are working towards 2016 or 18, whatever his bullshit was..

We have played incredibly awful, like beyond crap football this whole qualifying campaign.

We speak of ourselves as a second or third rank nation, and how we never pick our best players, or even have tactics or ambition..

The irony? We are qualified for the play-off of the world cup still (pending estonia result) and in 2006 for example, we actually didn't do all that bad and we had a world class player in Mutu, another in Chivu.. but we couldn't really manage anything close to this position without playing very well...

Either the level in Europe has dropped drastically, or we have improved a lot even though we aren't doing anything close to our potential.. (or a mix of both) What do you guys think?
post #13 of 317 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2013, 12:50 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Grozav and Marica would miss the first play-off game if they see a yellow card against Estonia.
post #14 of 317 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2013, 07:29
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
2006: we were in the group with the best and 3rd best teams in Europe at that time. And we managed to beat the latter....
post #15 of 317 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2013, 07:59
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestasuceava View Post
2006: we were in the group with the best and 3rd best teams in Europe at that time. And we managed to beat the latter....
yeah but outside of the Czech's, the group had if I remember correctly, Macedonia, Andorra, and so on... this group would been more difficult for us to advance through with Hungary, Turkey and Estonia.. The dutch are the dutch, even stronger now imo.. and I'd rather a group with the Czech's back then, than a group with two teams who could take points from us..

Just my preference.
post #16 of 317 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2013, 08:09
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
While it's true that Romania is not playing well...the 90% of European teams aren't either.

Even Spain are having terrible problems to win games against teams like Belarus, Georgia or Finland. Maybe only Germany, Holland and Belgium (and probably Russia too) are in a sweet period. The rest are in a low-average moment or aren't reliable enough.

This doesn't change the fact that Piturca is an idiot and his style is ugly and negative.
It´s pointless to compare us to other nations. In none of them things are done badly on purpose. If Piturca was clean, we would see players like Sanmartean, Nistor, Rusescu, Stoian, Budescu, etc, more of guys like Maxim, Keseru, Lazar and we wouldn´t see Grigore I, Grigore II, Cocis, Gaman as starter, and many examples more.
If we had a clean federation we wouldn´t see such an outdated, stubborn, close-minded and corrupt coach as Piturca, and of course players would be selected in a clean way, and the youth teams would be important, we would play competitive friendlies, etc.

The thing is that we could do much better than this, and actually be competitive. This way we don´t have a plan after 2 years under the same freken coach. You still see the team and think all is improvised. If we still have a chance it´s because we actually have a good generation and we played against a Turkey that did anything until Terim and Hungary. We also beneffited from Holland cruising trough the group.
P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post

Andorra are hard to play against, we played against a pack of dogs not a football team. I think we could get a result against Ukraine or Greece.
So can you tell me a game from the NT when you actually liked how we played? Even the "majestic" games against Hungary 1-8 was full of flaws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinamoBuc View Post

We have played incredibly awful, like beyond crap football this whole qualifying campaign.

We speak of ourselves as a second or third rank nation, and how we never pick our best players, or even have tactics or ambition..

The irony? We are qualified for the play-off of the world cup still (pending estonia result) and in 2006 for example, we actually didn't do all that bad and we had a world class player in Mutu, another in Chivu.. but we couldn't really manage anything close to this position without playing very well...

Either the level in Europe has dropped drastically, or we have improved a lot even though we aren't doing anything close to our potential.. (or a mix of both) What do you guys think?
Back then we had 2 World class players in their prime, but we had submediocre spots, with players like Cocis, Mazilu, no other creative players outside Mutu, etc
post #17 of 317 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2013, 11:38 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Now keep doing 'alcoholic teams', bashing players and all that stuff (I say this to the press)
http://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/nationala/n...at-410904.html

Of course, Piturca and co. are the main responsible for this. People dislike him a lot and don't wanna hear about the NT.
post #18 of 317 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2013, 12:21
International

I don't believe those statistics.. a few days ago there were talks that the match was almost sold out. They're just trying to make stories because there's nothing in Liga 1 to talk about the last couple days, and now they have to wait until the NT game to have something else to write. I don't believe the bullshit from their mouths even if they gave me the keys to their house in trust.. because they probably live at their mothers.
post #19 of 317 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2013, 13:28
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
I remember you guys being very negative-minded before the first match in Tallinn and saying how you have basically your B squad out there and you don't expect a victory etc. And then Romania came out and totally outplayed us and we hardly had a sniff at the goal.

I'm not expecting much from this match. The heavy Hungary defeat was partly our coaches fault but Turkey just contained us easily even though we had a good attacking minded lineup out there. I doubt if we have the motivation and quality right now to seriously trouble a team fighting for WC qualification and playing at home.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #20 of 317 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2013, 13:57
International

You guys have set plays on us, due to height.. if anything for you guys, depend on that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in