Xtratime Community banner

Romania-Hungary: Transilvanian Hunger in Bucharest

10K views 273 replies 17 participants last post by  szövkap 
#1 ·
In roughly 3 weeks we will play against Hungary in the one of the two remaining key matches for the WC play-off spot.

In any case, while I don't think any of the two teams can actually threaten for a WC spot, we should strive to beat one of our biggest rivals, one who, traditionally has owned us, although in the past 30 years they have done nothing much against us.

Hungary at this point is, as Piturca's Romania, a middle strength team that usually misses every qualification to a final tournament. Romania at this point is a team that, while having great potential, is held back to the absolutely amateur level of the federation and the "selectioner"--one who can neither choose players nor train them properly. As in most other things, Romania could do great things--but we never even try.

In any case, we can expect call-ups ranging from average to very bad... With lots of potentially key players like Mutu, Sapunaru missing from the squad. Even talents such as Maxim are not guaranteed a starting spot... Certainly not in their favorite position. While average players like Dragos Grigore always get called-up, even if they never play.

Predicted starting line-up vs Hungary at this point in time is, from what I've read in the press:

Tatarusanu
Matel---Chiriches--Goian----Rat
Bourceanu---Lazar
Torje------Maxim-------Tanase
Stancu

Let's hope our players' skills can overcome our coach's defects.

We need at least 4 points from the next 2 matches to qualify to the play-offs.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think Marica will be starter. I mean, he even calls him when he has no team and makes him to play some minutes...

Press criticized Hoban, Lazar (yeah Lazar) and even Maxim to some point, after the game against Slovakia. But they like to criticize any non-Steaua player without doing a proper analysis.

#5 ·
#11 · (Edited)
Official squad:

Portari: Ciprian Anton Tătăruşanu (FC Steaua Bucureşti), Bogdan Ionuţ Lobonţ (AS Roma) şi Silviu Lung jr. (FC Astra)

Fundaşi: Alexandru Măţel (FC Astra), Srgian Luchin (FC Dinamo Bucureşti), Paul Papp (AC Chievo), Marius Valerică Găman (FC Astra), Nicolai Dorin Goian (Asteras Tripolis), Dragoş Grigore (FC Dinamo Bucureşti), Vlad Iulian Chiricheş (Tottenham FC), Răzvan Raţ-Dincă (West Ham United FC) şi Iasmin Latovlevici (FC Steaua Bucureşti)

Mijlocaşi: Alexandru Bourceanu, Doru Mihai Pintilii, Adrian Popa, Cristian Tănase (toţi, FC Steaua Bucureşti), Ovidiu Ştefan Hoban (FC Petrolul Ploieşti), Gabriel Andrei Torje (Udinese Calcio), Alexandru Iulian Maxim (VfB Stuttgart).

Atacanţi: Marius Silviu Alexe (US Sassuolo), Gheorghe Bucur (FC Kuban Krasnodar), Bogdan Sorin Stancu (Genlerbirligi SK) şi Ciprian Andrei Marica (fără echipă)

Popa is there. Nistor and Grozav aren't.

A lot of defenders, few midfielders. I don't know why he calls Papp AND Luchin. I mean, they are exactly the same kind of player. One of them was enough. With Lazar out, Nistor had to be there.
Popa shouldn't be called. Even Antal is in a better moment.

#12 ·
Typical Piturca call, no Sapunaru, Nistor, Mutu, Grozav, and other players who really deserve it

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2

#14 ·
He only needed one reason not to call Nistor and he had it.

Given that team I would play as follows:

Tatarusanu--Matel, Chiriches, Goian, Rat--Bourceanu, Pintilii--Torje, Maxim, Tanase--Stancu

But this team could be so much better if Piturca was not absolutely retarded.

#22 ·
Goian will start, forget about it. I think Matel too

As Foresta says, this selection can only belong to a retarded person...:wallbang:

We have so much quality and yet we may play with Bucur and a teamless Torje and Marica.

It´s funny cause when he was asked about a player he many times argued that he didn´t call someone because of inactivity. Now he calls 2 players that don´t even play for any club.

He punishes Grozav when he is in the best moment of his career.

Maxim starting may be the only positive thing about this callup, but as Dinamo said, he may use Stancu behind Marica.

We´ll field a crappy team, there´s no way around it

#18 ·
I think Piturca wants Papp as RB. He always does the same in important games: a central defender as RB (generally Tamas).
Considering Hungary's main threat is their left winger, it's even more clear that he'll try this.

I'd play with Matel, but Piti is Piti.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.