Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, Romnia
WCQ Estonia - Romania

World Cup Qualifier: Estonia - Romania

Le Coq Arena, Tallin.

7 September, 21:00

Romanian squad:

Bogdan Ionuț Lobonț (AS Roma), Costel Fane Pantilimon (Manchester City FC) și Ciprian Anton Tătărușanu (FC Steaua București) – portari

Alexandru Mățel (FC Astra), Srgian Luchin (SC Dinamo 1948 SA), Nicolai Dorin Goian (Spezia Calcio), Marius Valerică Găman (FC Astra), Vlad Iulian Chiricheș (FC Steaua București), Dragoș Grigore (SC Dinamo 1948 SA), Răzvan Raț-Dincă (FC Shakhtar Donetsk) și Adrian Sălăgeanu (Sporting Club Vaslui) – fundași

Gabriel Andrei Torje (Granada CF), Adrian Popa (FC Steaua București), Alexandru Bourceanu (FC Steaua București), Costin Lazăr (PAOK Salonic), Doru Mihai Pintilii (FC Steaua București), Claudiu Voiculeț (CS Pandurii Trgu Jiu), Alexandru Maxim (CS Pandurii Trgu Jiu) și Cristian Tănase (FC Steaua București) – mijlocași

Raul Rusescu (FC Steaua București), Ciprian Andrei Marica (FC Schalke 04), Marius Constantin Niculae (Sporting Club Vaslui) și Gheorghe Teodor Grozav (FC Petrolul Ploiești) – atacanți

Romania and Estonia have faced each other twice in history, with one win for each side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 273 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2012, 02:07
International

Being honest, I hope for this squad based on his horrible selection-

Pantilimon
Matel,Chiriches,Gaman,Rat
Torje,Maxim,Lazar,Tanase
Grozav,Marica

Subs to be used-
Popa
Voiculet
Niculae
post #3 of 273 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2012, 04:19
Premier Player

Teams: Hungary NT, Romania NT
Estonia might prove tough, having come off some impressive results as of late. But I hope Romania will take the wind out of their sails. Being of both Romanian and Hungarian background, this qualifying campaign will probably be the most interesting one I've seen in a long time. Mix in our common historical rivals Turkey and you've got one helluva group.

post #4 of 273 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2012, 15:20
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
Romania will not win in Estonia!

Piturca said Tanase is titular as LM, and it's hard for Sanmartean to take him out.

Yeah, choose the idiot with a 20 IQ over a genius.

**** Piturca

Steaua with its last true playmaker (the one currently at Viitorul) was 1 minute away from the UEFA Cup final. With Tanase, it loses against an Israeli team 5-0. That's the difference a playmaker can make.

Last edited by forestasuceava; September 3rd, 2012 at 15:38.
post #5 of 273 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2012, 19:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Sanmartean looks a closed chapter in the NT. I won't insist more in that.

But the new tragedy in the making is Nistor. I tend to think that Piturca dislikes him, but I wonder if people in GSP or Prosport know about him. I'm sure a good number of football journalists in those sites don't know who Dan Nistor is. For some reason I believe they only notice players when they sign for Steaua.

BTW, Adi Popa, 2 weeks at Steaua and he receives his first call-up. I guess it's casual.

It's not the case, but if I lived in Romania I'd dislike Steaua more than Real Madrid in Spain. I hate when the media suck the balls of this kind of teams, just because they are the most popular.

Last edited by GICA; September 3rd, 2012 at 19:26.
post #6 of 273 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2012, 22:37
International

The papers are run by voiculescu and Becali is probably friends with him. The NT is corrupt, no other way to put it. The press is run by the same people that control the NT, so obviously they won't be in outrage over the selections. Tanase is utter crap!! When he plays well he does ok, but he's weak, stupid and he can't make plays or score so what is he good for?

I hope he starts Goian and he gets a red card, 1-0 Estonia final. I've never wished for our NT to lose before but now I'm fed up!

Btw GICA, kind of how Surdu got a call to the NT when he went to Steaua, even though he's the worst player to ever wear the Romanian Shirt. How did that guy even play for the u19, u21? I don't remember him..
post #7 of 273 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2012, 23:41
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
Sanmartean looks a closed chapter in the NT. I won't insist more in that.

But the new tragedy in the making is Nistor. I tend to think that Piturca dislikes him, but I wonder if people in GSP or Prosport know about him. I'm sure a good number of football journalists in those sites don't know who Dan Nistor is. For some reason I believe they only notice players when they sign for Steaua.

BTW, Adi Popa, 2 weeks at Steaua and he receives his first call-up. I guess it's casual.

It's not the case, but if I lived in Romania I'd dislike Steaua more than Real Madrid in Spain. I hate when the media suck the balls of this kind of teams, just because they are the most popular.
You are right. He probably wouldnt have called him if he played for Chiajna. There must be some kinf of "arrangement" with Becali. If Matei or Tucudean were Steaua players they could have been called.

Regarding Nistor, well see. He has called many Pandurii players in the past, now Voiculet too, so well soon be certain if he has something against him. Certainly his level on the last league and this one recommends him.

Whats really worrying about us is that we dont have players doing well abroad. We seem to have much more talent than a few years back, when having kids like Stanciu or Iancu performing at their age seemed impossible, but none of our players confirms abroad, they always miss something. That is why we still need Mutu, cause we cant expect to get to a WC with local players
post #8 of 273 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2012, 00:16
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumaniac View Post
You are right. He probably wouldnt have called him if he played for Chiajna. There must be some kinf of "arrangement" with Becali. If Matei or Tucudean were Steaua players they could have been called.

Regarding Nistor, well see. He has called many Pandurii players in the past, now Voiculet too, so well soon be certain if he has something against him. Certainly his level on the last league and this one recommends him.

Whats really worrying about us is that we dont have players doing well abroad. We seem to have much more talent than a few years back, when having kids like Stanciu or Iancu performing at their age seemed impossible, but none of our players confirms abroad, they always miss something. That is why we still need Mutu, cause we cant expect to get to a WC with local players

I think if all of the best players are taken into consideration, it is possible.

Tatarasanu
Matel,Chiriches,Gaman,Salageanu
Maxim,Nistor,Muresan,Sanmartean
Grozav,Niculae

Bench could have players like Matei,Radut,Stanciu,Alexe,Tanase,Rusescu,Grigorie and so on..

This squad is better than the one that was called.
post #9 of 273 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2012, 01:34
Forum Manager
Legend

Yeah, it could be a great team, but we have to wonder why none of our players get to a stronger league and make it inmediately. Best case scenario, they need a long while to adapt, and that is clearly because of the pace, intensity and level of the opponents on better leagues
post #10 of 273 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2012, 01:46 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

What I think Piturca will field:

post #11 of 273 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2012, 01:48
International

Quote:
Yeah, it could be a great team, but we have to wonder why none of our players get to a stronger league and make it inmediately. Best case scenario, they need a long while to adapt, and that is clearly because of the pace, intensity and level of the opponents on better leagues
The problem is the agents of the players. Look at the last transfers and tell me if it was a good move..

Marica-Schalke (Had Raul,Klass Jan and 2 other strikers)
Stancu-Galatasary(signed as a LM)
Torje-Udinese(Played out of position also)
Mutu-Cesena(Is that really the best he could find after breaking 100 Serie A goals?)
Goian-Spezia(Serie B, really? they offered you an out for free!!!!)
Radoi-Al Hilal(He had offers in England)

Good transfers now...

Radu-Lazio(he doesn't play for the NT)

Radu is the only guy who plays at a high level team consistantly and is a Key Player. He even is the co-captain but he's not good enough for our shitty NT...

What should have happened based on Rumors and offers with those players..

Marica-Roma(They were after him for so long, and still need a Totti replacement)
Torje-Arsenal(They made offers)
Mutu-Genoa(They offered contracts before Cesena)
Radoi-EPL(he had several offers)

These are the best Romanian players and they made bad decisions which I feel were influenced by agents. The agents always want the contract with the biggest cut, not the best interest of the client.
post #12 of 273 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2012, 03:06
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
What I think Piturca will field:

Id choose Panti. i hope he does too, or else itd be a nightmare on the air.

Im not sure hell use Lazar or Grozav either. We could see Pintilii and Niculae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinamoBuc View Post
The problem is the agents of the players. Look at the last transfers and tell me if it was a good move..

Marica-Schalke (Had Raul,Klass Jan and 2 other strikers)
Stancu-Galatasary(signed as a LM)
Torje-Udinese(Played out of position also)
Mutu-Cesena(Is that really the best he could find after breaking 100 Serie A goals?)
Goian-Spezia(Serie B, really? they offered you an out for free!!!!)
Radoi-Al Hilal(He had offers in England)

Good transfers now...

Radu-Lazio(he doesn't play for the NT)

Radu is the only guy who plays at a high level team consistantly and is a Key Player. He even is the co-captain but he's not good enough for our shitty NT...

What should have happened based on Rumors and offers with those players..

Marica-Roma(They were after him for so long, and still need a Totti replacement)
Torje-Arsenal(They made offers)
Mutu-Genoa(They offered contracts before Cesena)
Radoi-EPL(he had several offers)

These are the best Romanian players and they made bad decisions which I feel were influenced by agents. The agents always want the contract with the biggest cut, not the best interest of the client.
Marica needs to go to a small club where he doesnt have much competition. But he cares too much for his wage.

Stancu was used out of position, but maybe Galatasaray was too much for him. Future will tell.

If Torje doesnt start for Granada, you think hed start for Arsenal? Hes better of in a team where he can earn his place, little by little. Im sure hell make it

I agree about Mutu
post #13 of 273 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2012, 03:27
International

Quote:
Marica needs to go to a small club where he doesnt have much competition. But he cares too much for his wage.
Right after the CL match v Roma where he scored two goals, they chased him the next two transfer windows. Roma saw that Totti was going to retire and they thought that Marica could take his place. Roma's strikers were Pizzaro,Totti and some midfielders at the time. I gaurentee if he didn't go to Stuttgart and he went to Roma he'd be a big player in Italy right now.

I'm not saying Torje would be a big player in Arsenal at the moment but if he had to leave Dinamo, Arsenal was the better choice.If he fails at Arsenal, a smaller EPL team could pick him up. It's better than staying under the same owner who doesn't even know what position you play! I personally think he should have played the rest of the year at Dinamo because he was on fire.
post #14 of 273 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2012, 05:24
International

Teams: Romania
Let another qualifying campaign begin! Sa incepem cu dreptul!

The team looks really strange, but hoping for a ugly victory!

Hai baietii!

Tricolor pina la moarte!
post #15 of 273 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2012, 12:54
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
Quote:
this can't be the only reason because a lot of players from worse leagues don't have this problem after some time. i think it's a mix of wrong/bad mentality of our players, wrong expectations form the player and the new club, bad luck/timing (in some cases) and that rom football doesn't have the name anymore like 10 years ago. i don't think they get the trust they'd deserve at the beginning and this is quite important for our players imo. A WC-tournament could help a lot in that aspect to gain a better name again and as a result more trust and time to adapt.
If a player possesses the quality and talent it shouldn't be impossible to adapt to a higher level of pace, intensity and so on (if the player's not too old).

I don't think Marica's thinking about his paycheck. he thinks he's talented and good enough for this level. Talented enough - yes, enough quality - no. he has no consistency (well, it's hard when you are never a fixed starter for years!!! and that's his fault) and he just doesn't fulfill his potential, he doesn't use his skills perfectly. he could be so much better....well, he should look for a midtable club where he can be always a starter...this could earn him much more in his developement to become more consistent.

Stancu never got a real chance, he wasn't bad....and here comes my point i mentioned: who the **** is Stancu, you think they'd use Elmander as a left midfielder and drop him after about 15! games...no! If Stancu would be used as a striker he would score 15-25 goals (25 if he makes another step in his developement, i think it's possible once he's fully adapted as he showed in his last season at Steaua) for Galatasaray in 34 games. 15 goals and a few assists would be a sure bet imo.

Mutu was stupid like already mentioned...

we should wait a few more months to pass a judgement about Torje.

the most important point is: if things are done right we possess everything to make 2 out of 3 big tournament (and i don't think anybody here is asking for more). that's the sad truth, like some of our players we don't fulfill our potential even slightly. We were all so wrong with Razvan...same could happen with Grigoras but still, it would be worth a try. it can't get worse.
post #16 of 273 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2012, 14:00
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

it'd be silly to use both Pintilii and Bourceanu vs Estonia... it worries me that Piti takes Tanase over Sanmartean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itidLk5Dd3k

^ a world without romania

I support: Romania, romanian teams in europe, Rapid Vienna

the most accurate Pro Evolution stats in the World!

I'm a Rapper and WWE Forum Manager

http://www.myspace.com/pemcee
NEW SONGS UP @ 07.01.08 = turkish, romanian, german and english hip hop
post #17 of 273 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2012, 23:19
International

If we play 2 DM's which I bet we will, he should be shot!
post #18 of 273 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2012, 23:40
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

If Estonia beat us before (don't know where, don't know when) I can see them doing it again.

Quote:

Well I think most of the people in Romania have yet to watch a Pandurii game under Grigoras. No one knows who Nistor is and no one will unless he plays in Europe. He and Maxim are excellent players and frankly should maybe be starters for the NT.

Well at least Mr. Adi Popa knows what a dribbling is, unlike most of his Stelist colleagues.

I hear Rusescu is starting (GSP).... vs Estonia? Yeah, because a slow, not very tall player is what we need in that game...

Sandu: "Mnca-v-aş gura, ce tot insistaţi cu Snmărtean?!"
Preşedintele FRF a avut ieri o reacţie virulentă vizavi de neconvocarea lui Lucian Snmărtean pentru meciurile cu Estonia şi Andorra, lundu-i apărarea selecţionerului: "Mă, mnca-v-aş gura, m-aţi omort cu Snmărtean ăsta! Ce tot insistaţi cu Snmărtean? A calificat naţionala, a calificat Vasluiul undeva? E un jucător bun, bravo lui!, dar nu e pIţurcă obligat să-l cheme la lot. O să revină Mutu, o să fie şi Chpciu, nu mai e Snmărtean. Punct!".

--GSP

Sandule, sa ne sugi **** la toti, mori de cancer mai repede. Chipciu e un bou ca Tanase, doua non-valori din cluburi. Nu-s fotbalisti. Nici Messi n-ar califica nationala asta nicaieri ca Piti l-ar pune sa se apere.

Hai Estonia, Piti si cu Sandu la brutarie. Eu nu mai pot sa tin cu echipa astora.

Last edited by forestasuceava; September 4th, 2012 at 23:57.
post #19 of 273 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2012, 00:08
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

The Democratic Republic of the Congo is better organized than this shit. This is theater, not football.

-------------Surdu------D. Niculae

Tanase-----Florescu-----Bourceanu-----Cocis

Lato--------Grigore-------Gaman------Luchin

----------------My 3rd Testicle

This is currently the best team we can field under our new coach, Cercelush Pizdurca.
post #20 of 273 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2012, 01:08
International

^foresta you crack me up man. That was hilarious stuff in last 2 posts! Bravo.

Pizduca will start with the worst possible team possible. Can't wait!

Tricolor pina la moarte!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in