LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 143 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 23:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
Friendly: Romania - Uruguay

29 February. National Arena, Bucharest.

Romanian pre-list of players abroad:

Dorin Goian (Glasgow Rangers FC), Ştefan Radu (SS Lazio), Răzvan Raţ (FC Şahtior Doneţk), Costin Lazăr (PAOK Salonic), Răzvan Cociş (FC Rostov), Bănel Nicoliţă (AS Saint-Etienne), Gabriel Andrei Torje (Udinese Calcio), Daniel George Niculae (AS Nancy Lorraine), Bogdan Sorin Stancu (Orduspor Kulubu), Adrian Mutu (AC Cesena), Ciprian Andrei Marica (FC Schalke 04) şi Ionuţ Costinel Mazilu (FC Arsenal Kiev).

Uruguay squad for this game:

GKs: Fernando Muslera (Galatasaray, Turquía) y Martín Silva (Olimpia, Paraguay).

Defenders: Maximiliano Pereira (Benfica, Portugal), Martín Cáceres (Juventus, Italia); Sebastián Coates (Liverpool, Inglaterra); Jorge Fucile (Santos, Brasil); Diego Godín (Atlético de Madrid, España); Diego Lugano (Paris Saint-Germain, Francia) y Mauricio Victorino (Cruzeiro, Brasil).

MFs: Alvaro González (Lazio, Italia); Egidio Arévalo Ríos (Tijuana, México); Diego Pérez (Bolonia, Italia); Walter Gargano (Nápoles, Italia); Sebastián Eguren (Sporting de Gijón, España); Cristian Rodríguez (FC Oporto, Portugal); Gastón Ramírez (Bolonia, Italia) y Nicolás Lodeiro (Ajax, Holanda).

Strikers: Diego Forlán (Inter, Italia) Luis Suárez (Liverpool, Inglaterra); Edinson Cavani (Nápoles, Italia); Sebastián Abreu (Botafogo, Brasil); Abel Hernández (Palermo, Italia), Sebastián Fernández (Málaga, España).

No Alvaro Pereira, the former CFR player.

Uruguay are the current American champions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 143 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2012, 23:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Romania and Uruguay faced each other in 4 games. The first one in World Cup 1930. Uruguay won 2 of those games, Romania won 1 and the other was a draw.
post #3 of 143 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2012, 05:54
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
Their squad is scary. But we can put up a fight with our best(realistic) team, that would be this IMO

Tata

Papp-Goian-Chiriches(Radu)-Rat

Torje-Neagu-Lazar-Sinmartean(Tanase)

Mutu-Marica

post #4 of 143 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2012, 14:34
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
Ciprian Anton Tătărușanu (FC Steaua București), Silviu Lung jr. (FC Astra Ploiești) și Cristian Bălgrădean (FC Dinamo București) - portari

Paul Papp (Sporting Club Vaslui), Cornel Emilian Râpă (FC Oțelul Galați), Vlad Iulian Chiricheș (FC Steaua București), Marius Valerică Găman (FC Astra Ploiești), Nicolai Dorin Goian (Glasgow Rangers FC), Dragoș Grigore (FC Dinamo București), Constantin Grecu (FC Universitatea Cluj) și Iasmin Latovlevici (FC Steaua București) - fundași

Bănel Nicoliță (AS Saint-Etienne), Gabriel Torje (Udinese Calcio), Alexandru Bourceanu (FC Steaua București), Ionuț Neagu (FC Oțelul Galați), Doru Mihai Pintilii (CS Pandurii Lignitul Târgu Jiu), Costin Lazăr (PAOK Salonic), Adrian Mutu (AC Cesena) și Cristian Tănase (FC Steaua București) - mijlocași

Bogdan Stancu (Orduspor Kulubu), Daniel George Niculae (AS Nancy Lorraine), Marius Constantin Niculae (FC Dinamo București) și Ciprian Andrei Marica (FC Schalke 04) - atacanți

So we'll see something like:

Tatarusanu
Papp-Chiriches-Goian-Grecu(Lato)
Torje-Neagu-Bourceanu-Mutu
Stancu-Marica

W/ Lazar instead of Bourceanu it's a good team. Too bad we got no real good LB and too bad Sanmartean isn't there, hope he's still in Piti's plans.
post #5 of 143 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2012, 15:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

What happened to Rat?

Cocis is out!

I'd go with...

------------------Tatarusanu
---------Chiriches--------------Goian
Papp-------------------------------------Grecu
--------------------Pintilii
----------Neagu-------------Lazar
---Torje-----------------------------Mutu
-------------------Marica

Piturca did the correct thing calling up Tatarusanu IMO.

Last edited by GICA; February 24th, 2012 at 15:41.
post #6 of 143 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2012, 15:37
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

The good thing? We can line up a very skilled 11. As long as Lung jr, Grigore, Lato, Bourceanu and Daniel "can't control the ball" Niculae don't play, the game should be a good display.
post #7 of 143 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2012, 18:45
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
What happened to Rat?

Cocis is out!

I'd go with...

------------------Tatarusanu
---------Chiriches--------------Goian
Papp-------------------------------------Grecu
--------------------Pintilii
----------Neagu-------------Lazar
---Torje-----------------------------Mutu
-------------------Marica

Piturca did the correct thing calling up Tatarusanu IMO.

Man, of course he should call Tatarusanu. He´s done great for the NT. If there´s one thing to praise about Piturca is that he is stable and doesn´t get carried away by the surrounding madness.

I hadn´t noticed Cocis was missing

I don´t know what happened to Rat, Radu is injured (again). It´s not good to have to choose between Grecu and Lato to play Uruguay

I knew Sanmartean would miss the game. We are so unlucky that even personal problems mess with our team.

I see:

Tata
Papp-Chiriches-Goian-Lato
Nicolita(he´ll be preferred over Torje, no doubt)-Neagu-Lazar-Tanase
Marica-Mutu

Mutu can´t be left midfielder. He doesn´t run anymore.
And the team will lack creativity again. The squad offers few technical options in midfield.He could have called Marinescu instead of Pintilli, who is not good enough IMO

We are good in the goal, and the central defence could be very stron, while the sides are weak. The midfield is unconvincing, it could improve with Torje, and the attack is classy and always worked well for us, so in the rely our chances.
post #8 of 143 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2012, 21:39 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Our midfield is unconvincing since ages. One of the main missions for Piturca is to solve that.
post #9 of 143 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2012, 23:58
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumaniac View Post
Man, of course he should call Tatarusanu. He´s done great for the NT. If there´s one thing to praise about Piturca is that he is stable and doesn´t get carried away by the surrounding madness.

Tata
Papp-Chiriches-Goian-Lato
Nicolita(he´ll be preferred over Torje, no doubt)-Neagu-Lazar-Tanase
Marica-Mutu

Mutu can´t be left midfielder. He doesn´t run anymore.
And the team will lack creativity again. The squad offers few technical options in midfield.He could have called Marinescu instead of Pintilli, who is not good enough IMO

We are good in the goal, and the central defence could be very stron, while the sides are weak. The midfield is unconvincing, it could improve with Torje, and the attack is classy and always worked well for us, so in the rely our chances.
Agree about Tata. He's our best GK atm, no doubt about it.

I don't know about Banel vs Torje, it's really 50-50 IMO. Neagu will likely start, not sure about Lazar, but Neagu-Lazar is our best choice there.

Well, Mutu doesn't run, but he's called up as RM... According to the official list at least. I don't get why 5 forwards, though, in essence. He could've left Daniel home and nobody would mind.

Goal is covered (I don't trust Lung though)
Papp did well on the side but now it's a whole different level vs Uruguay (so I'm 100% he'll get tested there )
Chiriches and Goian are starters for sure, and there's no real choices to challenge them (well, Radu I guess, but he's out)
Grecu and Lato don't convince. I'd try Grecu; we know what Lato can do
Neagu will grow... Pintilii I don't know. Bourceanu is average whereas Lazar is a star. We know Tanase well and what he can and cannot do. I'm not keen on him but he's ok.
Stancu IMO deserves a starting spot. Marica has been unlucky since he left Shakhtar but he's always here Marius is a good strong player... Daniel can go home.

Sanmartean over Tanase and Muresan over Pintilii/Neagu/Bourceanu would've brought a plus... It's too bad.

But it's time to get drunk or high or whatever , Cocis isn't there... yeeeeeeaaaaah we love you, Piti-Satana.

Playing favorites, here's my team:
--------------------Tata

Papp----Chiriches-----Goian---------Grecu

Torje------Neagu------Lazar--------Tanase

-----------Stancu------Mutu

Marica iso Stancu is perfectly fine, but I think Stancu deserves it more right now.
post #10 of 143 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2012, 15:25
Forum Manager
Legend

Stancu deserves it more, but the thing is that Marica and Mutu form a couple that has always done wonders for the NT. Our greatest games in recent years included them. They know each other and work well together. While Stancu hasn´t showed much on the NT and isn´t a striker, which is what Mutu needs.

I see Stancu as Mutu´s replacement at the moment.

I prefer Torje over Nicolita, i´m only saying what i think Piturca will do. Torje has already showed what he can do for the NT and he has plenty of room to grow, while Banel might have improved some things in France, but he won´t raise the level of the team. Still, i think that if Piturca used Nicolita ahead of Torje before, now that one is a starter and receives so much praise and the other is a sub, he´ll definately go for Banel. Hope i´m wrong
post #11 of 143 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2012, 17:22
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
you can only laugh when you think about the quantity of quality we miss...and in some cases it's only Piti's fault that they aren't there:

Pantilimon
Sapunaru
Radu Stefan
Rat
Muresan
Sanmartean
Cernat

...and these are 5-7 starters under normal circumstances...how many generations and decades we have to waste still we play at our ACTUAL!!! level...for every good call up (and Piti needs atleast a year to realise things which are clear from the beginning) we get on the other hand guys like Lato, Grigore, Bourceanu...can't he understand that these guys bring us nowhere!!! i prefer an 18 year old starting and making some mistakes than failing in qualification nevertheless with experienced "footballers" like Lato, Cocis and Bourceanu...i'm serious when i'm saying that i'm stronger technically and have more game intelligence than some of our NATIONAL PLAYERS!!! how can that be??! how can you call somebody a professional who is technically worse than an amateur and expect that they succeed against other professional footballers???!!! it's a joke, nothing more...if Bourceanu for example would be worldclass in other aspects of his game, opposite to his intelligence on the field, technic, passing...i'd understand a call up but that's not the case, he's a fighter and that's it, nothing more....this is already enough to get called. how can Piti watch a few games of him and think "this guy can help us" at the same time thinking the opposite about Muresan...comparing these 2 guys is like day and night...

the FRF is crap, our coach is crap, our media is crap and most of our players are crap...but nevertheless we always have 20-30 players who could form a good team but not without a decent coach...and we won't get that.
after the Euros 2008, has anybody seen some plan, consistency or evolution under the reigns of Razvan and Piti??!! No because they have no plan at all...and the one they have won't work, period. if we should make Brasil which i highly doubt, get ready for some entertaining games like at the Euros man, the whole world will ask itself what sport this is when they are watching us. the biggest optimist has to admit after the past 5 years that there's no place at all for optimism looking at our lately developments...i don't care about the Bosnia game, it was a fluke against an average team which can be broken easily on a good day. Bosnia is mentally as stable as we are p
post #12 of 143 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2012, 20:06
Forum Manager
Legend

Yeah...what makes me keep some optimism is that when we are "tuned" we can still do very good games, and that´s because we still have classy players such as Mutu, Marica, Torje, Sanmartean, Lazar, Stancu plus many defensive players that still play at a high level such as Goian, Radu, Sapunaru, Rat, Panti. And there´s always a couple of young players that under good circumstances can become good players such as now with Stanciu, Bumba, Branescu, Stoian, Stefan Popescu, so in the end, with all the problems included, we should be able to form a squad of 15 that can compete in final tournaments, at least at the level of 98 and 2000
post #13 of 143 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2012, 20:30
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumaniac View Post
Yeah...what makes me keep some optimism is that when we are "tuned" we can still do very good games, and that´s because we still have classy players such as Mutu, Marica, Torje, Sanmartean, Lazar, Stancu plus many defensive players that still play at a high level such as Goian, Radu, Sapunaru, Rat, Panti. And there´s always a couple of young players that under good circumstances can become good players such as now with Stanciu, Bumba, Branescu, Stoian, Stefan Popescu, so in the end, with all the problems included, we should be able to form a squad of 15 that can compete in final tournaments, at least at the level of 98 and 2000
Well, you know, it's harder to get to the World Cup than do well there (well, at least in Europe, and even there we have France as an exception, thanks to monsieur Platini)...

Then again countries like the USA who don't give a shit about this sport are basically qualified already with 3 spots and just 2 teams at a high enough level... so basically USA and Mexico are already through.... Mexico is OK cause after all they're fanatic about this sport.

Or Qatar in 2022... :rollani:

I think a minimum squad size of 17/18 good players is required for a good tournament due to the very real possibility of injury. The other 5-6 can be mediocre players.

Do we have that... in theory yes:

GK: Tatarusanu, Pantilimon
RB: Sapunaru, Papp
CB: Goian, Chiriches
LB: Radu, Rat
CM: Muresan, Lazar
RM: Torje, Banel
LM: Sanmartean, Tanase
FW: Mutu, Stancu, Marica, M. Niculae/whoever

You can include some new blood depending on the circumstances, Stanciu, Bumba... depending on how well they do. We're not doing that bad in depth, but it doesn't seem to work out in the middle.

That's not including Cernat because I don't know if he wants to join us if called up. This squad would be able to challenge most teams in the world and defeat even teams in the top 10, but most likely not on a regular basis.

Anyway, Piti said "experienced players" will be back for official games. Now, that can be Sanmartean, Rat, but it could also be Cocis.
post #14 of 143 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2012, 21:33
Xtratime Legend

Teams: România, Viitorul Constanta
Lato shouldn't even be a sub if we want to be a decent team. I liked Grecu and hope to see more of him.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #15 of 143 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2012, 22:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestasuceava View Post

Then again countries like the USA who don't give a shit about this sport are basically qualified already with 3 spots and just 2 teams at a high enough level... so basically USA and Mexico are already through.... Mexico is OK cause after all they're fanatic about this sport.
The direct spots given to Concacaf are a shame. There is no way USA and Mexico can fail and not qualify. I'm not saying they are good or bad, but it's clear that playing the qualifiers in Europe or South-America they wouldn't qualify to all the WCs.
post #16 of 143 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2012, 00:39
Nullius in verba
World Class Player

Teams: FK Crvena zvezda, FC Steaua Bucureşti
I like the current qualification system, even though it does hurt the average European teams which are in reality better than most North America, Asian or African teams who end up qualifying.

In the end, the FIFA World Cup doesn't regroup all the best teams in the world but it's a worldwide competition and thus FIFA has to make an effort to have a maximal representation of all continents. This is true for every world championship in every sport and even at the Olympics where the situation is even worse when it comes to allocating quotas to certain continents.

14/10/2014
Serbia 3 – 0 Albania

Click at your own risk
post #17 of 143 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2012, 03:32
Banned
World Class Player

Teams: Romania, Dinamo Buc.
What time is the game on eastern time?
post #18 of 143 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2012, 13:21 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Romanian time is 20:30.
post #19 of 143 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2012, 03:50 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestasuceava View Post
Hi guys,

It's starting again!!!

Banel got injured and Mihai Roman has been called up:

http://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/nationala/b...ta-310476.html

So now Torje will be starter, won't he?
post #20 of 143 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2012, 03:59
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
So now Torje will be starter, won't he?
I assume so, yeah.

But remember Razvan's words of wisdom: Roman is better than Torje in every single domain. I'll never forget that

Guess that wasn't the best place to post the news.... I thought I'd posted it here, but apparently not

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in