World Cup Brazil 2014: Romania, World Champions! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2011, 22:17 Thread Starter
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
World Cup Brazil 2014: Romania, World Champions!

I know it's early, but I'm really a bit bored therefore I decided to start a tragicomic thread about the team from the land of all possibilities. What can we say...

Were we fair weather fans we could just say: "fuck this shit" and get out of here and into real life. But I still see many people posting here, even though it's gotten progressively harder to care due to the results and the selection in the past few years (that said, it amazes me how well Piturca did the selection compared to what I expected from him).

I'm not high on drugs; that's not why I titled the thread Romania, World Champions. In fact, here's the spiel of this thread. I don't know how much fun it is to you to just imagine what could happen, but for me it's fun. Alright, so, with every round of the next qualifying campaign, we can all write about fictional, supernatural, matches with our real opponents. Everyone has the right to envision a match unlike the real matches (the ones we tend not to win lately).

For example, a chronicle of the Romania-Albania match in the first round of the Euro qualies could read as:
"min. 80: Bogdan Stancu scores with an acrobatic kick.
min. 87: Gjergj Muzaka equalizes after a Lobont mistake.
min. 90: Hagi enters the pitch
min. 92: Hagi scores from a free kick"
FT: 2-1

The France-Romania match could read:
"Remy scores but the referee invalidates the goal for off-side. In the next attack, Radoi passes to Florescu passes to Cocis, who centres to Daniel Niculae, who has his first successful reception of the match, hits the ball on the volley sending it into the top left corner of the French goal. Romania then piles on the pressure for the next 12 minutes and France never once gets past the half-line"
FT: 0-1

Whatever you want, there are really no limitations, aside from the fact that Romania has to win the World Cup final in this game. If we don't win matches in real life, I think it's a good place to turn our frustration into something creative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2011, 08:27
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
Haha this is crazy }Foresta, but you won´t see me opposing it.

In fact i{ almos certain we´ll be on this world cup. It´s near to me and i deserve that to happen

I like that Piturca has confidence and has a plan. I still have hopes in him.
it must be the fever but i got more optimistic after hearing what he says...

Anyhow, to me enough fantasy for the moment is to imagine a core of players we will be using. And then the second core of players after those 11 get injured

Here is my dream for the first game next year: Tatarusanu, Goian, Radu, Muresan, Sanmartean, Torje and Mutu are all fit and start for us
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2011, 18:23
International

Teams: Romania
Hhaa funny thread.

By 2014 hopefully Sapunaru will be out of jail to enjoy this victory!

Tricolor pina la moarte!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2011, 20:44
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipsE View Post
Hhaa funny thread.

By 2014 hopefully Sapunaru will be out of jail to enjoy this victory!
jail? is this a part of your fantasy-game or....
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2011, 21:06
International

Teams: Romania
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2012, 18:25
World Class Player

Teams: Magyarorszag, Fradi
How do you guys feel about this team going into the 2014 World cup qualifiers?? I used to follow Romanian Football as my father is from Transylvania. I feel as though something happened to them though... Im not sure why, but they used to be much stronger then in the last 2 years. I remember Players like Mutu, Marica giving teams much grief and winning or doing well against big teams, but as of recently, they have been fairly poor loosing or tieing pretty weak teams? Do you think you guys have a shot at qualifying?? or do most of you see Romania coming 3rd - 4th in this group?

BTW, what is with Mutu?? I remember watching a Romania game maybe just under a year ago, and he wasnt there.. I thought maybe injured? But then someone told me that the Romanian FA stopped calling him up because he had a drug problem????
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2012, 19:00 Thread Starter
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTAL TONI View Post
How do you guys feel about this team going into the 2014 World cup qualifiers?? I used to follow Romanian Football as my father is from Transylvania. I feel as though something happened to them though... Im not sure why, but they used to be much stronger then in the last 2 years. I remember Players like Mutu, Marica giving teams much grief and winning or doing well against big teams, but as of recently, they have been fairly poor loosing or tieing pretty weak teams? Do you think you guys have a shot at qualifying?? or do most of you see Romania coming 3rd - 4th in this group?

BTW, what is with Mutu?? I remember watching a Romania game maybe just under a year ago, and he wasnt there.. I thought maybe injured? But then someone told me that the Romanian FA stopped calling him up because he had a drug problem????
To answer your questions in order:

I feel that we should reach the play-offs if we play according to our best possibility. Somehow, I feel that won't happen. I don't think we'll see our guys in Brazil, hence this particular thread.
Yes, we used to do better than this... Well, I mostly blame Lucescu Jr. for that, but Piturca is also a culprit in this starting in Euro 2008. Now he has to undo all he did before he left in 2010 AND what the other intellectual did to our NT
We surely have a shot at the play-offs but don't color me surprised if we end up 3rd or 4th or 5th.

Mutu... Oh yeah, the intellectual Piturca decided to punish him for doing something or other before we played San Marino... What was the result... Well, let's just say that the inauguration of the National Arena would've been less of a disaster if the intellectual Piturca would've called Mutu (and a couple of others). Now Mutu is back, which is a relief.

I don't think Mutu does drugs anymore (aside from alcohol). On the other hand the Romanian federation is probably drugged on some very powerful drugs all the time. I was thinking about asking them to sell me what they're smoking, cause it seems to pack a punch.

Anyway it's Mutu's last chance to play in a World Cup. He can be on hallucinogens and I'd still play him.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2012, 19:07 Thread Starter
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumaniac View Post
Haha this is crazy }Foresta, but you won´t see me opposing it.

In fact i{ almos certain we´ll be on this world cup. It´s near to me and i deserve that to happen
Well I plan on making some money in 2013-14 and I'd spend it on a trip to South America if we reach the WC. I wouldn't miss it, lol. So maybe I will see you then.

I hope for you Romania won't be in a group with games in Manaus though.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2012, 00:10
World Class Player

Teams: Magyarorszag, Fradi
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestasuceava View Post
To answer your questions in order:

I feel that we should reach the play-offs if we play according to our best possibility. Somehow, I feel that won't happen. I don't think we'll see our guys in Brazil, hence this particular thread.
Yes, we used to do better than this... Well, I mostly blame Lucescu Jr. for that, but Piturca is also a culprit in this starting in Euro 2008. Now he has to undo all he did before he left in 2010 AND what the other intellectual did to our NT
We surely have a shot at the play-offs but don't color me surprised if we end up 3rd or 4th or 5th.

Mutu... Oh yeah, the intellectual Piturca decided to punish him for doing something or other before we played San Marino... What was the result... Well, let's just say that the inauguration of the National Arena would've been less of a disaster if the intellectual Piturca would've called Mutu (and a couple of others). Now Mutu is back, which is a relief.

I don't think Mutu does drugs anymore (aside from alcohol). On the other hand the Romanian federation is probably drugged on some very powerful drugs all the time. I was thinking about asking them to sell me what they're smoking, cause it seems to pack a punch.

Anyway it's Mutu's last chance to play in a World Cup. He can be on hallucinogens and I'd still play him.
Thanks for that, makes things a little more clear

To be honest Im looking forward more to facing you guys then the likes of holland or even turkey.

Our team has gotten much better within the last 2 years compared to the previous 16 years before that, thank god. Our U20 coach who got our team 3rd place in the U20 World cup in Egypt 3 years ago took over and has done wonders so far for us, but also many more of our young players have been simply just better then who we used to have :\

Our problem in the Euro qualies was that our coach JUST took over a game before our first game vs sweden, and had no time at all to put together the team we have now.. and as im sure you guys know, our team used to be compleat sh:t.. tbh

I also feel like our team will reach 2nd place but in football, you never know what will happen

Anyway just to give you guys a brief Idea of how weve been doing recently:

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2012, 01:38
Legend

Teams: Serbia
Quote:

Serbia - Romania final!

I will brawl with the God. When I win, I will take spoils to the poster known as, Serb.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2012, 03:30
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
Quote:
On the other hand the Romanian federation is probably drugged on some very powerful drugs all the time. I was thinking about asking them to sell me what they're smoking, cause it seems to pack a punch.
Yeah that shit has to be very good.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2012, 04:50 Thread Starter
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by boban View Post

Serbia - Romania final!
Sounds good to me!

I think we'd disagree about who should win it though
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old January 27th, 2012, 12:00
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by boban View Post

Serbia - Romania final!
yeah, if we play a Balkan cup because our teams didn't make a major tournament once again

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in