Other 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 93 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2011, 22:39 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
A new NT coach...Piturca is back

I think all of us want Razvan Lucescu out of the NT. But who should be his replacement?

And who do you think will be chosen by FRF?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 93 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2011, 22:44
World Class Player

Teams: Fulham and Romania
The best options are impossible as they already have a team: Petrescu, Lucescu sr.
The available ones are either awful or not due quite yet: Hagi and Piturca.

Hagi would be even worse than Lucescu. Piturca would not be a bad idea, I don't think his bad stint a couple years ago was anything to go by for his qualities as manager. However I don't think he would want this job. I would have added Dorinel to the lists but he is both impossible and not due; he should have a few more years club-managing before the national team.

Foreigners? Would a change in approach brough by a foriegner be due? Looking at Liga I and the foreigners there I am not convinced.

I choose Jenei.

Play XPS! - Romanian League Prediction!
Join now!

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
post #3 of 93 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2011, 22:57 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Piturca: Not discarded in this surrealist Romania. Ugly style but much more effective than Razvan's.

Boloni: Currently at Lens in France. He has experience but he used to like Cocis...mmmm not a good sign.

Olaroiu: Good tactically but not very offensive, he can be considered a Piturca II. Many years in Arabian football.

Sandoi: Problably the most proper option. Not a bad job in the U21 team and he knows very well the young players. He would be ideal for restructuring but I'd fear if he wants to make a kind of continuism of Razvan's work.

Petrescu: I think he's the option prefered by most Romanian fans. He was quite succesfull in the last years and a great 'motivator' but we shouldn´t forget he coached little teams with no esthetic exigence. The NT is a different thing.

Munteanu: I don´t like him too much for the NT. Ideal for a team like Otelul, but we can´t pretend the NT play the same way.

Hagi: Not discarded.

Foreigner: The only foreigner I'd see really ready to take the NT is Bergodi, but he's currently coaching in Italy. Zenga loves Romania and know our football but I don´t know if he's good enough. Other more expensive options I don´t think are considered by Sandu.

Raven, Jenei is too old lol. He was already old in Euro 2000 when he didn´t remember the names of some players.

post #4 of 93 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2011, 23:19
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
Worse than Razvan?

Actually, no, that's absolutely impossible.

**** it, get Grigoras. Good, cheap and offensive. He took over a team that didn't score and turned into a team that can dominate Rapid away.

Last edited by forestasuceava; March 26th, 2011 at 23:26.
post #5 of 93 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2011, 23:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Foresta, call him R.Lucescu or Razvan. Lucescu is the real and unique Lucescu.

I think this is a very important discussion btw.

So important as sacking Razvan is to properly chose his replacement. We already wasted 2 years for nothing. A new wrong step will be fatal.
post #6 of 93 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2011, 23:33
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

There, I fixed it...

It is very important. I want a Dutch coach. If not, 1. Grigoras or 2. Pustai. Boloni if he wants to come and overcome whatever problems him and the FRF have.

Petrescu?
1. He won't come
2. It doesn't work swearing at Marica or Mutu after failing to win a match, you can only do that with the likes of Florescu.

Olaroiu?
1. He coaches in Arabia. That's enough.

Sandoi?
1. I've seen the same inability against England when England played NOTHING but we couldn't do jack shit.
2. That said, he got some results with good players.

Munteanu?
1. He'd be an idiot for accepting.
2. Too defensive.
3. Said Zicu and Mutu can't play together.

Hagi?
1. NO. Couldn't handle Galata and Steaua's pressure, he can't handle the NT.

Piti?
1. I'd rather have a string of 3-4 losses where we play excellent than a 0-0, 0-0, 0-0, 0-0 for ages.
post #7 of 93 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2011, 02:43
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
Dilemma describes it perfectly!

one nightmare could! (not for sure, this is already the first big joke) end, but the next could start immediately start after that one. atleast it can't get worse, simply impossible!

no go:

Boloni: i have a really bad feeling about him. i think he possesses the knowledge but his character would be a stumbling block for him.

Olaroiu/Piturca: Middlesborough-Steaua...way too defensive, no plan b. one dimensional with his tactics. we would be decent, ok..but aiming higher than reaching every now and then a tournament wouldn't be possible, let alone beating top 20 teams. if we have no aspirations they are both ok, because they form a solid team but they'll never get the maximum out of our potential.

Hagi: no arguments needed. i can name atleast 10 things going against him. Stancu as LW is a good start...

very risky and big chances to fail:

Munteanu: he should need some more time to be even considered imo. won't be available atleast until summer and if he becomes champion i guess he would want to play the hard earned international games. we need somebody now and i'm not convinced by him.

Sandoi: good points from foresta and GICA...he could do ok but i think these shoes are too big for him.

best options but still not completely satisfying and almost impossible to get at this point or ever:

Petrescu: i'd be really afraid because he could easily turn out like a 2nd Razvan just on a higher level...but i can imagine some horrible call ups and line ups...atleast the tactics and the attitude would be much better. i guess we can't hope for much more but i guess it would make me happy for the moment.

Lucescu: funny thing is that i think he could fail horrible just like others...i just can't forget how ecstatic and positive we all were when we had Razvan in the first months. at the beginning it worked to see only the positive things but soon we realised and accepted the reality of his "project".
still, he is considered world wide as a master tactician who knows what he's doing and i think he could form a good team with the players Romania has to offer. he would be the best romanian option by a mile but we can't get him i fear.

i ask myself if he watches the NT games and he surely does...isn't he talking to his son... for example after this game he has to ask:"WTF are you doing???!!!"

foreign coach:
we can't get a good coach who we all know because FRF won't pay that much. if i'd be a millionaire i'd try to get that guy from Porto, the next Mourinho. seems to be a great coach.
the problem is if we get a foreign coach it's gonna be one who we don't really know, a lottery, and if FRF is hiring him chances are high our lottery ticket is gonna be a losing one. that's for sure.
Cosmi is a bad choice, never convinced me in Romania. the best thing he can do is that our players leave the bus with a boner, but Zicu and Marica don't need this.
Bergodi could be successful but you can never know...

again, it's a dilemma...the only 2 options, Lucescu and Petrescu, who could be good (and even that is questionable) are realistically seen not possible to get. maybe Petrescu but let's not start to dream...

i'll say it again, 2 head coaches like the Swedes, GICA and Rumaniac!
post #8 of 93 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2011, 12:24 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

No decision about Razvan Lucescu will be taken until the 2nd game against Bosnia in June
http://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/nationala/a...ie-233820.html

That means we will go to the South America friendlies with Razvan too, since they are just some days later A new coach could use those games (Bosnia game included) to prepare a new team...but now they are just useless games.

On the other hand, it's always the same with these guys. In November they said that the key game was in Bosnia in March. Yeah, we saw it.

Prosport: "Even if Lupescu said that Razvan will stay, it's possible that Romania starts the next campaign with a different coach".

This is the press we have. They are a bunch of guys with no idea about football writing nonsense things.

So you can be happy guys, Prosport said that it's possible that in the next campaign we have a new coach...

Last edited by GICA; March 27th, 2011 at 12:43.
post #9 of 93 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2011, 15:29
World Class Player

like i expected...a 2:1 loss wasn't enough (bad luck, yeah yeah yeah, fine!)...that's why i hoped they trash us 4:0...another example of thousands why humanity is stupid and get what it deserves...even if it's just about football in this case

i sound like a naive little boy but can't we do anything: start a petition, send a letter to FRF/newspapers, call Razvan, call the players and tell them to resign until something changes....is there really nobody with brains except for us who cares about the NT????!!! :sad: i mean the players have to have some common sense, Chivu, Rat and all the other veterans, why are they calm like little mouses? why isn't Popescu, Hagi, Lucescu attacking them? the golden generation has to unite and form a group with the goal to stop the dark force (this sounds like some epic speech from some fantasy film )

we are in the wrong film although we just want to have a decent! team. not greedy and unrealistic wishes at all...
post #10 of 93 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2011, 16:01
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

We knocked Piturca for what now seems a lot less.

Yeah, we lost against the Dutch and Lithuania, but at least in the 2nd game we had a lot of good chances... Actually I think that we had more chances at home vs Lithuania than away. Lithuania had the night of their life and we had a lot of bad luck and we just used the right players on wrong positions... And it was a lot more the fault of the players... Goe and Tamas both lost it after the Euros for example

With Lucescu we play nothing; I mean it makes Piturca's attacking game look awesome, it's ****ing hilariously bad...

I want Lucescu gone by Argentina. Please. I wanna see Messi playing against our boys, but I won't pay tosee Lucescu again :frustrat:
post #11 of 93 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2011, 16:14
World Class Player

we can just hope to draw Luxembourg. little chances but we can do it positive attitude, eh

Piturca had some success, a word Razvan can't even spell as NT coach.
post #12 of 93 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2011, 16:16
World Class Player

Teams: Ac Milan , Albania, Italia,Croatia
Get ME , i'd do it for free !
post #13 of 93 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2011, 16:17
World Class Player

no chance, i'd pay them for letting me do it
post #14 of 93 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2011, 16:32
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

We should send out an invitation to Mircea Sandu telling him there's this rag-tag group of football amateurs (unless one of you guys actually has a license to coach :smileani who will coach the NT for free. We should mention it can't get worse than Razvan and that we can guarantee at least the same results and a better game via a better selection (because we tend to agree on most positions). We can have coaches, analysts of performance (with the federation's funds and the systems they have we can quantify the performance exactly and know who needs to improve and how)... This is a dream....
post #15 of 93 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2011, 16:46
Star Player

Teams: Barcelona, Arsenal, Dinamo
There's a handful of foreigners who can come, of course, I'm not talking about Liga 1 foreigners but someone like Radomir or Otto at least to give it a try ( tough they will be more than idiotic to come to Romania and fail for sure ).
post #16 of 93 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2011, 16:56 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I think FRF will try to get Olaroiu in June, and that's all.

Or they will continue with Razvan until San Marino beat us.
post #17 of 93 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2011, 17:05
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

How can no one see Razvan is totally to blame.

Read this for instance:
http://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/nationala/o...ia-233856.html

Ioanitoaia says that "Razvan proved he's a coach but not a 'selectioner'"

WTF? He's the worst coach I have ever ****ing seen!!!!!! His tactics are the tactics of a retard and a coward. In fact even with Florescu and Cocis his selection is better than his coaching like the difference between Argentina and Samoa.

Has everyone suffered the effects of sarin gas? Did they attack the FRF, LPF, GSP and ProSport with neurotoxic gases? What the **** are all these retards doing running Romanian football???

"Două goluri a marcat România în cele 4 meciuri jucate în aceste preliminarii. "Naţionala" Insulelor Feroe a reuşit să înscrie de 3 ori, ce-i drept, în 5 partide.

Nu stăm prea bine nici în defensivă. Cu 5 goluri încasate, "naţionala" noastră are o apărare mai vulnerabilă decât cea a Moldovei lui Gabi Balint, care a primit 3 goluri."

And Moldova played ****ing Holland!!!!!!!!! Get ****ing Gabi Balint then, and at least we'll beat Finland, who we'd tie at best with the current moron.

I have never hated anyone like I hate Razvan now!

**** it, I'm not going to their games anymore, they're not gonna cheat me out of my hard-earned money with their retardedness.

Gigi Becali is professional compared to this shit.

Last edited by forestasuceava; March 27th, 2011 at 17:26.
post #18 of 93 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2011, 17:33
Star Player

Teams: Barcelona, Arsenal, Dinamo
Andone is an option since the guy insists he will leave Dinamo if a tragedy happens in the last part of the season and Dinamo doesn't win the title .
Razvan wasn't such A BAD COACH man till he was signed by FRF. Let's face it, the guy built that Rapid team.
Olaroiu is a mediocre press ass kissed fool that proved he is even worse than Razvan. He's quality was his youth * just like Razvan * but ffs, he never proved anything, he just dismantled what Zenga did and Protasov helped.
Andone built a Dinamo that he took from many consecutive defeats that were the result of idiotic management and ended just because of idiotic management ( this time Giovani Fecali ). Now he came to Dinamo and even if this year he won't win the title it's absurd to ask such a thing from the 1st year. I don't think he will leave the club, he only puts a bit of pressure and that's all.
We really don't have a "SELECTIONER", any good coach SELECTIONER will have it's Florescu, Cocis and Soava for ucks sake!
post #19 of 93 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2011, 17:38 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

How much I have to pay to get Marcelo Bielsa?
post #20 of 93 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2011, 18:24
World Class Player

Bielsa would be a dream come true...Chile was pure gold when i saw them play. i guess he wouldn't be that expensive and this job could tempt him, it's definitely an interesting task with a NT that has some potential and is suited for implementing a technical and combinative style of play. but let's stop dreaming...

@foresta: nice fantasy (@letter to Sandu), sounds like some A-Team p well, the A-Team could do a better job than Razvan.

@McLaren: what do you mean with "we have no selectioner"? you mean there is nobody with a rom. nationality who can make good call ups, our DNA is missing it? i don't get it...

the selections of Razvan aren't that bad, much better than Piturca's for example, the biggest/main problem is the way we play, our tactics. i only wrote we will lose 2:1 with a late goal...what i didn't wrote but what i thought was (and most users here knew this because it's easy to anticipate): we score somehow the first goal in the first half, then we pull back to defend and somehow secure the result which of course leads to goals from the opponent sooner or later. with Razvan you always know what you get, he makes it easy to predict games.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in