Bosnia-Romania: Our Last Chance - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 406 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2011, 21:48 Thread Starter
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
Bosnia-Romania: Our Last Chance

Zenica, March 26th, 2011, Saturday.

This match is our last chance to qualify. However, even if we win, statistics go against us: no team has qualified with just 2 points in 3 matches from a group with similar qualification rules.

Could this be Lucescu's swan song? Many of us hope so.

List of pre-called foreigners:
Tamaş, Chivu, Raţ, Şt. Radu, Săpunaru, Florescu, Ropotan, Mutu, Marica, D. Niculae, B. Stancu, Deac

Thoughts, comments, concerns?

Personally, I think our 1.5 years non-winning streak will continue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 406 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2011, 01:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
Personally I think we won't win this.

We'll see a new game of Romania under R.Lucescu: no plan game and stupid long balls to nobody.

Good to see Mutu there (his last goal with the NT was against Italy in Euro 2008). The foreigners selection is not bad. The bad thing will be his choices for the line-up.

I'll support Razvan in this game. I'll try to understand that he's doing the best job to win the game. But if he doesn´t win, I hope he leaves. It's simple.
post #3 of 406 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2011, 10:49
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
i just hope for a result which gets him fired. we have better chances to qualify (although we probably won't either way) if we lose this and get a new coach than winning this and keeping Razvan.

how can you call Niculae, Ropotan and Florescu....it couldn't get worse if you trust in young, inexperienced players like Neagu, Popa.....atleast they have some football abilities, which doesn't hurt when you are a FOOTBALLER! i don't even want to remember Florescu's statements where he said he can't blame himself, he's doing a good job...i guess that's the difference, a good footballer is normally much more self-critical because this is what brings you forward in your evolution.

post #4 of 406 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2011, 12:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I give him the last chance here.
post #5 of 406 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2011, 14:34
Star Player

Teams: Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestasuceava View Post
Personally, I think our 1.5 years non-winning streak will continue.
I just noticed something - maybe you guys already covered this before.

Since defeating Albania on 21 Nov 2007, these are Romania's wins in competitive matches:

10 Sep 2008 Faroe Islands - Romania 0 - 1 (WCQ)
06 Jun 2009 Lithuania - Romania 0 - 1 (WCQ)
14 Sep 2009 Romania - Faroe Islands 3 - 1 (WCQ)

In the last 8 years, we have defeated 2 (yes, two) teams ranked in the top 50 in competitive matches.

2005-09-03 Romania - Czech Republic 2 - 0 (2006 WCQ)
2007-10-13 Romania - Netherlands 1 - 0 (2008 ECQ)
post #6 of 406 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2011, 18:10
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
I just noticed something - maybe you guys already covered this before.

Since defeating Albania on 21 Nov 2007, these are Romania's wins in competitive matches:

10 Sep 2008 Faroe Islands - Romania 0 - 1 (WCQ)
06 Jun 2009 Lithuania - Romania 0 - 1 (WCQ)
14 Sep 2009 Romania - Faroe Islands 3 - 1 (WCQ)

In the last 8 years, we have defeated 2 (yes, two) teams ranked in the top 50 in competitive matches.

wow, we do break a lot of "records" p
post #7 of 406 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2011, 11:42
Rising Star

Teams: BiH NT,Croatia NT,FK Zeljeznicar
So do you guys fancy your chances against us? Honestly, if we were playing with Ciro as out coach I would say we would beat you guys - no questions asked. But with our current coach, our form has been a little off. So the most realistic outcome would be a bore draw. I'm thinking 1-1.
post #8 of 406 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2011, 14:02
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProVista View Post
Honestly, if we were playing with Ciro as out coach I would say we would beat you guys - no questions asked.
well, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle...

normally it shouldn't be a problem to beat our team (and it can definitely happen) but i don't consider Bosnia the most constant team, add to that we can always get a dull draw with Lucescu and Bosnia is the type of team which can choke in an important home game. also our team looks quite good (it could look much better, but then i'm starting to talk about my aunt and how she could've turned out... ) compared to normally. looking at the foreigners (FLORESCU when 3 players mark him, he produces as much as when he's not marked p) there are some real quality players and Mutu is returning back after some long time but normally you can expect that 5-7 players will injure themselves in the last possible moment, Radu Stefan is always a sure bet.

my bet would be a 2:1 with Bosnia scoring the winner after the 70th minute. sounds quite realistic....but i'm hoping for a 4:0. i want to see some goals from Muslimovic who i heard is better than EVERY romanian striker.
post #9 of 406 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2011, 14:14
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
Muslimovic who i heard is better than EVERY romanian striker.
Who said that? alm:
post #10 of 406 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2011, 14:34
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
Who said that? alm:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik19 View Post
Name me one Romanian forward that can be compared to the likes of Dzeko or Muslimovic and I will take back everything I've said.
post #11 of 406 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2011, 16:52 Thread Starter
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
well, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle...

normally it shouldn't be a problem to beat our team (and it can definitely happen) but i don't consider Bosnia the most constant team, add to that we can always get a dull draw with Lucescu and Bosnia is the type of team which can choke in an important home game. also our team looks quite good (it could look much better, but then i'm starting to talk about my aunt and how she could've turned out... ) compared to normally. looking at the foreigners (FLORESCU when 3 players mark him, he produces as much as when he's not marked p) there are some real quality players and Mutu is returning back after some long time but normally you can expect that 5-7 players will injure themselves in the last possible moment, Radu Stefan is always a sure bet.

my bet would be a 2:1 with Bosnia scoring the winner after the 70th minute. sounds quite realistic....but i'm hoping for a 4:0. i want to see some goals from Muslimovic who i heard is better than EVERY romanian striker.
One of the greatest posts I read, just hilarious

Speaking of Radu Stefan, he just got a red card and missed his chance of getting "injured" this round, maybe better luck next time (in training)
We should take bets on who'll be out. I put my money on Sapunaru.

And this... is just wonderful:
"FLORESCU when 3 players mark him, he produces as much as when he's not marked p"
post #12 of 406 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2011, 21:52
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
Our chance is named Mutu. I´m so glad Razvan decided to call him. I think we suffered from that usual problem when you loose a big star, like it was with Pele for Brazil, Maradona with Argentina, Zidane for France, Hagi for ourselves. Mutu was the scorer and the reliable frontman for years and the rest playede along. Without him no one was even near that level and the team, aside of Lucescu´s stupidity, was lost without a leader on the field.

Now he isn´t the same but his experience, quality and winning mentality are still there, so he might take some pressure from guys with talent like Zicu or Torje and allow them to bring their best.

Since he left we´ve probably been one of the worst teams in Europe, and if he doesn´t play our recent past clearly shows there isn´t much hope of a good game
post #13 of 406 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2011, 23:55
Banned
World Class Player

Teams: Romania, Dinamo Buc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumaniac View Post
Since he left we´ve probably been one of the worst teams in Europe, and if he doesn´t play our recent past clearly shows there isn´t much hope of a good game

This is the best point I've seen made in a long time regarding the national team. We cut Mutu up for his antics and selfish behaviour, but lets face it.. he shouldn't act the way that he does, but he has every right to do so because he backs his talk up with performances.

Fiorentina sits behind Juventus in the standings right now, and this is because Mutu came back and they've gone on a winning streak. Yeah he's only scored 2 goals, and had an assist or two but he's definatly the reason Gila and others have the oppertunity to score goals now, because he opens the pitch up.

What you said about Torje and Zicu, I think it very true, Mutu comming back will bring the same affect as it did for Fiorentina's Gila and Santana.

What I really hope here is that Mutu is selfish, and decides to take shots, and create for himself. YES I SAID IT, I want Mutu to be selfish, because thats how we win games at the national team level.

He's an oppertunist, and so is Zicu, so it would be interesting to see Mutu upfront with Zicu the 2nd man into the box to clean up his trash.

What I like about this side, is with Mutu back, he has a young torje, zicu, Marica(if he plays) surrounding him, and not Nicolita and Cocis.
The difference this makes is that there is technical, smart players around him, that can give him the ball, cross, pick up his trash, and in Torje's case, run his ass off, and be an option for Mutu and Zicu if Mutu's double marked.

In result, I hope Mutu has the same impact that he had for Fiorentina, and we rise to the top of the group. This may be a fantasy with Razvan, or maybe he just needed a player like Mutu in the squad. Regardless, lets hope that thats the reason Razvans done so poorly because don't forget, Piturca had Mutu to win games, Razvan hasn't.
post #14 of 406 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2011, 01:07 Thread Starter
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

What's the best attacking 4 right now that Lucescu could field against Bosnia?

Torje-------------Zicu-------------Mutu
---------------Stancu/Marica

or
Torje-------------Stancu-------------Zicu
-------------------Mutu

I know there's Sanmartean, but he has no realistic shot at this.

How about your wildest fancy given the form of our players?
post #15 of 406 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2011, 01:20 Thread Starter
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
And before that? If I'm not mistaken, the last time was in 2000 against England :rollani:

Well, you know... 11 years, 2 official wins... Not bad.
post #16 of 406 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2011, 02:05
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I'd bet for Mutu and Marica upfront.
post #17 of 406 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2011, 11:12
World Class Player

the fact that we missed Mutu would be a VERY lame excuse for Razvan's results, he even talked about not calling him some months ago, now that's loyality...still, like Rumaniac said, with Mutu it will be easier but he won't be our saviour and a good coach could achieve more even with the call ups Razvan made. plus there are better! players to call up, if he doesn't use them it's his problem and his mistake if we lose like this. the call ups aren't the only problem. thinking about our so called "game plan" makes me already become aggressive (and i'm a pacifist) because it doesn't seem to have the aim to win...which should be the main aim of any game plan in any sports.

i don't think Mutu's presence will make us play better. i'm expecting the same shit all over again, maybe with some more bright moments but our game plan will look the same. once again i'm rooting for our opponent, like i did against France away but the NT always disappoints me no matter what i want p

i guess this will be our team:

Panti

Sapu - Tamas - Chivu - Rat

Torje - Florescu - Alexa? - Zicu

Stancu? - Mutu

there are 2 question marks where it's 50-50 who could play (Marica, Ropotan) but the rest is almost guaranteed, only the injury fairy can change there something over night.
post #18 of 406 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2011, 14:17
Rising Star

Teams: BiH NT,Croatia NT,FK Zeljeznicar
Here's the list of players Susic decided to call up:

Kenan Hasagić (Istanbul BB), Ibrahim Šehić (FK Željezničar), Asmir Avdukić (Borac), Emir Spahić (Montpellier), Mensur Mujdža (Freiburg), Adnan Mravac (Westerlo), Boris Pandža (Mechelen), Ognjen Vranješ (Krasnodar), Muhamed Bešić (Hamburger SV), Darko Maletić (Borac), Muhamed Subašić (FK Olimpic), Senad Lulić (Young Boys Bern), Elvir Rahimić (CSKA Moskva), Miralem Pjanić (Lyon), Haris Medunjanin (Maccabi Tel-Aviv), Sejad Salihović (Hoffenheim), Senijad Ibričić (Lokomotiv Moskva), Semir Štilić ( Lech Poznań), Zvjezdan Misimović (Dinamo Moskva), Edin Džeko (Manchester City), Vedad Ibišević (Hoffenheim), Zlatan Muslimović (PAOK).

Btw. how old is Mutu?
post #19 of 406 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2011, 14:48
Star Player

Teams: Romania
post #20 of 406 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2011, 16:00
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I think Razvan will play with Alexa and Marica as starters.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in