Do you want Razvan Lucescu to stay as NT coach? - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Do you want Razvan Lucescu to stay as NT coach?
He should stay 4 28.57%
He should be sacked 10 71.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2009, 14:49 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Do you want Razvan Lucescu to stay as NT coach?

Making a poll to see what people think: should he given more chances or should we sack him before the start of the next campaign?

Sack Lucescu until it's too late
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2009, 17:32
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
I go with him by now. But he obviously has to change many things.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2009, 18:20
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Romania
I'm against keeping him... his favouritism and approach is very Piturca-esque minus the good periods. The mistakes vs France and Serbia indicate that he's not using logic in his selections

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itidLk5Dd3k

^ a world without romania

I support: Romania, romanian teams in europe, Rapid Vienna

the most accurate Pro Evolution stats in the World!

I'm a Rapper and WWE Forum Manager

http://www.myspace.com/pemcee
NEW SONGS UP @ 07.01.08 = turkish, romanian, german and english hip hop

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2009, 21:08
Rising Star

Teams: Steaua without Becali
He should leave on his own.
The only Romanian coach that can turn this around is Dan Petrescu!
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2009, 21:27
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
We need a foreign coach. Now.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2009, 21:30
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestasuceava View Post
We need a foreign coach. Now.
that was gonna be my other choice...the problrm is frf would rather spend the money on other things...noone knows what
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2009, 23:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Dan Petrescu gameplan is very similar to Razvan. He´s doing very well at Urziceni, but the NT is something different.

About a foreign coah, who? Bergodi?
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2009, 23:52 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Whoever comes can't be worse than him, our NT has reached an absolute low. Just sack him.

Sack Lucescu until it's too late
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2009, 00:20
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
Razvan proved in Belgrade that he's not a good coach.

Yeah, sure, the players also ****ed-up, no one doubts that, but Razvan has absolutely no tactical instructions it seems like. There are three to blame for this outrage: MUTU, CHIVU (who ****ed up on goals 2 and 3) and LUCESCU (Goian for Marica... really?)

How can you start with Radoi against a 2,02 player when you have Goian, and when the game starts opening up at 2-0 you put Goian in, who cannot defend that well against low balls, which the Serbians started using when they realized it's easier against Romania than against any other team in Europe.

Mutu should be out, I'm sorry to say it, for he's a good player, but to even compare him to Hagi is to do the universe a direct insult. Mutu, if you don't want to play against the Faroes, **** OFF! It's a shame, because you could've helped the team, but elected not do so. **** YOU, Mutu! You don't have the weight of 17 million Euros on your shoulder and what do you do? You party! **** you, we don't need your kind. And take your doppelganger from Iasi with you.

Chivu, I hope for you you're just in a bad phase. Because if this happens again, even once, you should also be out. Seriously. The worst match I've ever seen by a Romania captain was the one in Serbia. I don't want to see such things ever again.

Lucescu, you went so wrong somewhere along the way... I did not ever think I'd be missing Piturca. It's obvious a Romanian coach can't do shit with this team.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2009, 01:40
Rising Star

Quote:

Yeah, sure, the players also ****ed-up, no one doubts that, but Razvan has absolutely no tactical instructions it seems like. There are three to blame for this outrage: MUTU, CHIVU (who ****ed up on goals 2 and 3) and LUCESCU (Goian for Marica... really?)

How can you start with Radoi against a 2,02 player when you have Goian, and when the game starts opening up at 2-0 you put Goian in, who cannot defend that well against low balls, which the Serbians started using when they realized it's easier against Romania than against any other team in Europe.

Mutu should be out, I'm sorry to say it, for he's a good player, but to even compare him to Hagi is to do the universe a direct insult. Mutu, if you don't want to play against the Faroes, **** OFF! It's a shame, because you could've helped the team, but elected not do so. **** YOU, Mutu! You don't have the weight of 17 million Euros on your shoulder and what do you do? You party! **** you, we don't need your kind. And take your doppelganger from Iasi with you.

Chivu, I hope for you you're just in a bad phase. Because if this happens again, even once, you should also be out. Seriously. The worst match I've ever seen by a Romania captain was the one in Serbia. I don't want to see such things ever again.

Lucescu, you went so wrong somewhere along the way... I did not ever think I'd be missing Piturca. It's obvious a Romanian coach can't do shit with this team.
I agree 100%. At least Piturca knew how and when to use Goian and Ovidiu Petre and even Tamas against tall players like the Czechs and even the Dutch (in Constanta). Razvan's squad made no sense whatsoever...And taking out Marica and Mutu was retarded (even if Mutu was crap he still had the best chances).

And oh my god introduce Bucur? Poor guy what the hell was he supposed to do?
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2009, 02:07
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
I don't get why was he hired in the first place?
I actually agree, I mean he's a good prospect but he is way to green and hasn't had a solid enough record in my opinion to be given the National Team.

I'm split on whether or not he should be given the boot. I don't think he should be fired only because of this last result necessarily because it seems like the players were not in their right mind for this one (although one can argue that whenever you put on the NT shirt, you better get your mind damn straight and go out there to win and take no prisoners), but if you look at the way the team has played under R. Lucescu, even during the couple games that we won, against modest opposition by the way, the team looked really bad, almost amateurish. And apropos this last game, I can't imagine Lucescu senior "leading" the team to a 0-5 loss.

So honestly, the more I think about it the more I think he ought to be sacked. Wouldn't it be grand if the FRF stopped its dickin' around and hired a solid coach, with a history of results; that way even if the team screws the pooch in a few games, at least you know it is more likely the inability of the players and not due to ridiculous selection and tactical mistakes by the coach. But I don't think the FRF has the money for a truly world class coach unfortunately, and so I think we're always going to half a$$ it when it comes to getting a manager
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2009, 04:25
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I think Razvan Lucescu was simply overwhelmed in that situation as he probably never experienced something like this before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itidLk5Dd3k

^ a world without romania

I support: Romania, romanian teams in europe, Rapid Vienna

the most accurate Pro Evolution stats in the World!

I'm a Rapper and WWE Forum Manager

http://www.myspace.com/pemcee
NEW SONGS UP @ 07.01.08 = turkish, romanian, german and english hip hop
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2009, 12:40
Premier Player

Teams: Steaua, _ , _ , Mutu's team, Barcelona, AC Milan
As I said this is strike one for Lucescu. (but it feels like strike two)

IF he kicks out Mutu and keeps Mara I don't want to see the guy's face again. Ever.

Adrian Mutu - the best player of Serie A season 2002-2003
Adrian Mutu - the best player of Serie A season 2006-2007
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2009, 22:38
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
Quote:

It wasn´t Goian for Marica. It was Bucur for Marica and Goian for Ghioane with Radoi going to midfield.

I think Lucescu has to stay for the moment. He was one of the few young romanian coaches with good results to choose from and he was a good choice. I won´t go back on my words there, he was clearly the best choice with Petrescu. But he took a team that realistically was out of the WC and it was really hard to motivate the team to play the remaining games. Normally it wouldn´t but romanian players only seem to do their best when they have a clear objective in front. Remember the pathetic game vs Bulgaria that would have got us in a totally different group for these qualifiers.
He made gross mistakes like his choice for the defence and his player selection with Surdu and the likes. But probably having little time to form a team he went for players he already knew. As i said before he is not leaving any stars out, he leaves out players like Costea, Sanmartean or Torje that are very talented but have their issues too.
Regarding the defence i can only imagine that he wanted a player with the personality of Radoi on the team. Radoi is after all a player of recognized quality who seems screwed up by his move to Arabia. On midfield he probably preferred The more talented Apostol and Ghioane.
I don´t think he is a bad coach, he is just messing up in a hard situation. I´m not trying to excuse him but i´m certain that the NT problems are far deeper than Lucescu´s mistakes. Now our players will need a lot of motivation and he should be able to provide that adding a better tactical approach and selection now that he´ll have more time to form the team for the next qualifiers. At the moment i don´t think many coaches could do much more. We have to recognize that our football is in a poor moment, our players are not doing anything abroad and the ones that play well are many times injured.

Regarding Mutu, it would be a mistake to drop him. I don´t know how much trouble he really creates in the team, but it´ll take years and maybe even decades to have an offensive player able to perform like him, and we would drop him while he can still do it. Brazil is full of conflictive players, divas and party animals and they do fine. But in our case the rest we have are miles ahead from his level.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2009, 22:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Plus we can´t change coachs every time they do something wrong, especially because a new coach doesn´t guarantee good results or good football. They have to learn from their mistakes too. Stability is needed. I´m sure he´s not that stubborn to not to learn a couple of things after a 5-0 defeat.

My support is not inconditional. He has to improve many things and soon.

Last edited by GICA; October 12th, 2009 at 22:56.
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2009, 22:53
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: FIORENTINA
Guys, what exactly happened with Mutu? I read that the NT coach decided not to call him anymore for some party some days ago??

"What is a club in any case ?
Not the buildings or the directors,
or the people who are paid to represent it.
It's not the television contracts, get-out clauses,
marketing departments or executive boxes.
It's the noise, the passion,
the feeling of belonging,
the pride in your city."

Sir Bobby Robson
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2009, 23:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

It´s not official as far as I know. But the coach is considering that.
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2009, 23:11
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
Guys, what exactly happened with Mutu? I read that the NT coach decided not to call him anymore for some party some days ago??
What i heard is that he was in a restaurant or a club till 2 AM. I wasn´t a party or anything that serious.
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2009, 23:43
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: FIORENTINA
And was it the night right before match against Serbia?

"What is a club in any case ?
Not the buildings or the directors,
or the people who are paid to represent it.
It's not the television contracts, get-out clauses,
marketing departments or executive boxes.
It's the noise, the passion,
the feeling of belonging,
the pride in your city."

Sir Bobby Robson
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2009, 00:09
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

It was some days before.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in