France vs Romania || 2009-09-05 || Mission Impossible Vol. 1 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 433 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2009, 00:32 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: România, Viitorul Constanta
France vs Romania || 2009-09-05 || Mission Impossible Vol. 1

This is our possible team with three weeks to go before the game.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 433 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2009, 00:52 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: România, Viitorul Constanta
http://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-intern...contra-4757010

Contra could be back for this game as we have problems with the RB.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #3 of 433 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2009, 01:54
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
"echipa ideala" )

Yeah, right... if we were playing midgets there'd be some sort of reason to play Radoi over Goian

Seriously, that team wouldn't do shit against France. Contra would be even worse, Sapunaru is tall and can do something. Radoi has no place being the CB in this match.

All I gotta say is that I'd rather we not win this match if we're gonna lose against Serbia. I would get my hopes too much up, and I can sense a total disaster in Belgrade.

Radoi as CB and Apostol are not part of the ideal team versus France. Period. Mara is debatable, but we have no one better than him as RM...

Still, here's the ideal team:

Coman (yeah, I give him credit on this one, Panti is too young and error-prone)
Sapunaru-Goian-Chivu-Rat, no discussions
Mutu-Radoi-Ghioane-Tanase, w/Mutu+Tanase switching sides
Bucur-Marica, Bucur immensely helpful in a counter-attack game

Pantilimon, Maftei, Nesu, Mara, Apostol, Costea and Stancu can be subs

And we have the best chance ever to beat France in Paris, we really really do.

Oh, and if the team looks too offensive, don't worry. Tanase does defense.... And 7 people there is enough, we need 3 to attack. France is not that good (I realize this might sound hypocritical, but... I assure you, they are not)

Of course is at least 2 players out of these 11 aren't injured, it's not really Romania

Last edited by forestasuceava; August 15th, 2009 at 02:09.

post #4 of 433 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2009, 03:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
Coman- Sapunaru, Goian, Chivu, Rat- Nicu, Radoi, Ghioane, Tanase- Marica, Mutu
post #5 of 433 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2009, 04:26
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
we should really start with Bucur instead of Marica, he will be useless against France under normal circumstances...
post #6 of 433 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2009, 04:27
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Romania
Radoi + Chivu + Coman = disaster awaiting us

seriously... any team can just field a player with a bid of an aerial ability and you can be sure that they'll be a major threat. Luck prevented us from getting scored on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itidLk5Dd3k

^ a world without romania

I support: Romania, romanian teams in europe, Rapid Vienna

the most accurate Pro Evolution stats in the World!

I'm a Rapper and WWE Forum Manager

http://www.myspace.com/pemcee
NEW SONGS UP @ 07.01.08 = turkish, romanian, german and english hip hop
post #7 of 433 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2009, 04:29
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
we should really start with Bucur instead of Marica, he will be useless against France under normal circumstances...
I disagree... Marica always showed good games vs top teams. France will defo put us under alot of pressure and we need atleast ONE player that can physically withstand their defence. Bucur + Marica as striking duo with Mutu on the wing would be my prefered choice.

Marica can draw defenders on him and gives Bucur room to use his speed. That's what Sabau did when he fielded Bucur next to Parks.

post #8 of 433 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2009, 05:33
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

That's right, PMC, I was thinking the same about Parks and Marica in relation to Bucur. It's quite a similar situation.
post #9 of 433 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2009, 12:23
Rising Star

I can't believe some of you would like to see Radoi in midfield, a position where he is totally useless (unless you want to toughen the defense a bit by totally nerfing our midfield).

Based on current form, I would go with:

Coman

Sapunaru/Dananae (whoever recovers in time, no way Contra should be ever called again)
Chivu
Goian
Nesu (he played better vs Hungary than Rat ever did at the NT)

Tanase (as he can play on the right too)
Apostol/Prepelita (I keep dreaming that Prepe will get a call)
Ghioane
Nicu

Whoever is in best form out of Mutu/Marica/Bucur/Costea
(my personal choice would be Bucur - Costea, since both are really fast counterattack players)

An alternative if Lucescu has guts would be to play either Mutu or Costea on left wing instead of Max Nicu.
post #10 of 433 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2009, 15:33
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMC View Post

Marica can draw defenders on him and gives Bucur room to use his speed. That's what Sabau did when he fielded Bucur next to Parks.
are we talking about the same Marica :rollani: atleast in Bundesliga he doesn't show this skill at all. players who show so little at their clubs shouldn't start imo. luckily it's not that important who starts, we need Goian much more...
post #11 of 433 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2009, 16:58
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragos03 View Post
I can't believe some of you would like to see Radoi in midfield, a position where he is totally useless (unless you want to toughen the defense a bit by totally nerfing our midfield).

Based on current form, I would go with:

Coman

Sapunaru/Dananae (whoever recovers in time, no way Contra should be ever called again)
Chivu
Goian
Nesu (he played better vs Hungary than Rat ever did at the NT)

Tanase (as he can play on the right too)
Apostol/Prepelita (I keep dreaming that Prepe will get a call)
Ghioane
Nicu

Whoever is in best form out of Mutu/Marica/Bucur/Costea
(my personal choice would be Bucur - Costea, since both are really fast counterattack players)

An alternative if Lucescu has guts would be to play either Mutu or Costea on left wing instead of Max Nicu.
Radoi has always been a good DM and a destroyer could be needed incase we want to field a creative player next to him. One destroyer and one creator... its still better than 2 6ers

Quote:
are we talking about the same Marica :rollani: atleast in Bundesliga he doesn't show this skill at all. players who show so little at their clubs shouldn't start imo. luckily it's not that important who starts, we need Goian much more...
Has he disappointed for the NT? I'd even go as far as saying that with Marica we'd have passed the group stages of the EC.

post #12 of 433 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2009, 18:13
Rising Star

Radoi has never been a good destroyer at all, as he lacks both the pace and the tactical knowledge for that. His only usefulness as a midfielder is that he can transform into some kind of a third central defender when needed. As I said, I would only use him in games when defense is likely to come under extreme pressure and need extra help, at the cost of nerfing the midfield. Radoi could also be good against an opponent whose midfield is extremely physical.

That being said, I would avoid him as a midfielder against any lesser team or any technical opponent.

As for Marica, he is a decent player but I've always thought we had better options. And we still do. He scored many important goals for us, but his bad games and missed chances outweight that imo, and another striker could have done better.
post #13 of 433 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2009, 18:20
Rising Star

Also, why is this topic named "Mission impossible"? This is exactly the attitude that caused the current situation at our NT.

France is a team in shambles, we should and could have easily beat them both at the Euros and at Constanta if it wasn't for Piturca's cowardness. I don't care if they are "France", they currently are a weak team and I expect nothing less than a victory in Paris. Playing for a draw against them would be shameful.
post #14 of 433 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2009, 19:14
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Radoi has never been a good destroyer at all, as he lacks both the pace and the tactical knowledge for that. His only usefulness as a midfielder is that he can transform into some kind of a third central defender when needed. As I said, I would only use him in games when defense is likely to come under extreme pressure and need extra help, at the cost of nerfing the midfield. Radoi could also be good against an opponent whose midfield is extremely physical.

That being said, I would avoid him as a midfielder against any lesser team or any technical opponent.

As for Marica, he is a decent player but I've always thought we had better options. And we still do. He scored many important goals for us, but his bad games and missed chances outweight that imo, and another striker could have done better.
Radoi is a special case and I won't defend as as undisputable player since he's in Asia and not in Steaua anymore. But at Steaua he was a total leader who had a decent long pass and was able to carry the team on his back.

Marica... please tell me where he did really bad? and who is better than him? Pls don't come up with Niculae, Costea or some other jerk who go down as soon as a defender touches them. Marica fights and can put some defenders on his back which benefits the wingers and nobody else could do that currently.

Quote:
Also, why is this topic named "Mission impossible"? This is exactly the attitude that caused the current situation at our NT.

France is a team in shambles, we should and could have easily beat them both at the Euros and at Constanta if it wasn't for Piturca's cowardness. I don't care if they are "France", they currently are a weak team and I expect nothing less than a victory in Paris. Playing for a draw against them would be shameful.

France might be in shambles but they still got world class names. Their individual class is undisputable.

post #15 of 433 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2009, 19:20
World Class Player

Mission impossible because we have to win every game from now on to have minimal chances to qualify for the playoffs...i fear that a draw will be enough for Razvan when the game is near the end. i agree that it was never easier to beat France...

Marica is one of the most constant players in the NT but most times he's just ok and often invisible. a striker has to score a lot, if he doesn't he has to offer something else like creating situations on his own, beating his man...Marica isn't exactly a striker who can create danger on his own, i think he has the skills but he can't use them on the field. Bucur showed against Shakthar that he has the guts and skills to go past 2-3 players at once...who else can do this in the NT?!
post #16 of 433 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2009, 20:00
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Bucur needs certain conditions to shine, Marica in theory doesn't. Plus Marica CAN create chances on his own... he did so various times already and you guys are neglecting the tactical purpose of having Marica... he defo creates space for other players with his style where as Bucur needs space and tries to escape the defenders.

post #17 of 433 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2009, 20:10
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
It's Stuttgart; I mean, I agree he does nothing there, but I have seen why. It's not really his fault... And I agree with PMC's view. Marica would've been much better at the Euros than the Niculaes, who were in poor form.

And Dragos... yes, Radoi is nothing special in MF, but lately he's been a disaster in DF. Ok, maybe I'd give Prepe a chance instead of Radoi, but I'm not sure that a starting position against France would give him enough confidence. He's Romanian too and would "OMG I'm starting, my first match, against France!"... It could be a case like Muresan who just killed them, but it could turn out badly. We need to defend well against France, just not exaggerate.
post #18 of 433 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2009, 22:17
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

our approach has alot to do with the game itself. Mutu himself stated not too long ago that Romania never had the quality to win a major trophy in the world. Now he's right as we all know but realistically speaking we could be a real force if our players finally put their heads out of their asses and start to show heart. I'm thinking of Cernat, Adi Cristea and those who could walk into Romania's NT if they just wanted to.

post #19 of 433 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2009, 11:15
Rising Star

Marica never impressed me at the NT, he is often invisible, even in the games when he manages to score a goal. He is a decent player and I don't mind him, but we have better players imo (Bucur, Costea, maybe even Bogdan Stancu). He surely doesn't deserve to be a 100% starter like he is now.

Radoi? Only in special cases, otherwise we have so many better options. Not only Prepelita but also Lazar, Bourceanu, Alexa, Ropotan, etc.

As for the attitude against supposedly "better" teams: who cares if they have big names? If they play bad, we should take our chance and beat them while they're down, it's the way the team plays that matters, not the names in the team.

Mutu said we never had the quality, eh? Did Greece have better quality when they won the Euros? No, they didn't, yet they won because they all believed they could do it, from the coach to the last player in the team. Of course, such surprises won't happen often, but why not at least try to beat every team we meet, with a positive attitude?

The way we played at the Euros, with Piti's defeatist approach, was the most shameful ever. I'd rather see us try to win and lose 0-3 than play like we did versus France and Holland and get a point from those two games, in the ugliest match in the tournament.

That being said, I wouldn't be satisfied with a draw, the way France plays now. We have to win, and it's not a hard task at the moment.
post #20 of 433 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2009, 17:38
Ne oprastam
Legend

Teams: Serbia,Red Star
Allez les jaunes!

Ој Крајино ноћас си далеко, ал знај добро на те мисли неко!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in