Romania vs Lithuania: Where do we stand without Mutu and Chivu? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 174 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2008, 20:15 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Teams: România, Viitorul Constanta
The squad

Bogdan Lobonţ (FC Dinamo Bucureşti) şi Eduard Stăncioiu (CFR 1907 Cluj)

Cosmin Contra (Getafe CF), Cristian Săpunaru (FC Porto), Gabriel Tamaş, Cosmin Moţi (ambii, FC Dinamo Bucureşti), Dorin Goian, Sorin Ghionea (ambii, FC Steaua Bucureşti), Ştefan Radu (SS Lazio) şi Mihai Neşu (FC Utrecht)

Bănel Nicoliţă, Mirel Rădoi (ambii, FC Steaua Bucureşti), Răzvan Cociş (FC Lokomotiv Moscova), Paul Codrea (AC Siena), Costin Lazăr (FC Rapid Bucureşti), Marian Aliuţă (Sporting Club Vaslui) şi Nicolae Dică (Calcio Catania)

Florin Bratu, Marius Niculae (ambii, FC Dinamo Bucureşti) Ciprian Marica (VfB Stuttgart), Daniel Niculae (AJ Auxerre) şi Florin Costea (FC Universitatea Craiova) – atacanţi

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 174 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2008, 20:21
International

Teams: Universitatea Craiova
It's funny. When Costea deserved it he wasn't called up. Now he doesn't deserve it but he gets called.

Prepelita deserves to be called.

FORZA ȘTIINȚA
post #3 of 174 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2008, 20:41 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

I agree about Prepelita. I guess Piturca thinks Costea is the only player who can replace Mutu.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS

post #4 of 174 (permalink) Old August 31st, 2008, 21:24
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
At least he called Aliuta and Lazar which means a bit of creativity.

Mutu out is always a problem.
post #5 of 174 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:57
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
Romania vs Lithuania: Where do we stand without Mutu and Chivu?

6-9-08 at 21 PM local time.

A crucial game approaches and we are without our 2 stars, leaders and saviors. We need to win no matter what because this points will haunt us all qualification if we don´t get them. This will be a very close group and any mistake will cost a lot to any of the 3 top contenders.

Besides, Lithuania is being rated very well and apparently they are not easy at all. This will be the kind of game where the first goal is the key and i´m not sure we have enough reliable layers to handle the pressure.
post #6 of 174 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2008, 10:09
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
At least he called Aliuta and Lazar which means a bit of creativity.

Mutu out is always a problem.
Yeah, calling Aliuta, Lazar and Costea at least shows an intention to improve the quality of the game. I think Aliuta should start to give some spark to this midfield with little imagination and dica play in Mutu´s position to use his scoring instinct better, as we don´t have many scorers in this team.

---------Lobont

Contra--Goian--Tamas-Radu

-----Radoi---Lazar----

-------Aliuta

Nicolita--Marica--Dica

But i´m sure Codrea will start instead of Lazar and Cocis instead of Aliuta.
post #7 of 174 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2008, 18:08
Forum Manager
Legend

Lithuania´s squad, with Arlauskis and Gribauskas as keepers:

Iată lotul complet al naţionalei Lituaniei: Zidrunas Karcemarskas (Dinamo Moscova), Paulius Gribauskas (Oţelul Galaţi), Giedrius Arlauskis (Unirea Urziceni) - PORTARI; Irmantas Zelmikas (FBK Kaunas), Ignas Dedura (Spartak Moscova), Nerijus Radzius (FBK Kaunas), Arunas Klimavicius (Dinamo Moscova), Marius Stankevicius (Sampdoria Genova), Vidas Alunderis (Tavria Simferopol), Marius Zaliukas (Heart of Midlothian) - FUNDAŞI; Mindaugas Kalonas (Bohemians Dublin), Deividas Semberas (TSKA Moscova), Mantas Savenas (Nosta Novotroick), Aurimas Kucis (Naftovik Ohtirka), Saulius Mikoliunas (Heart of Midlothian), Deividas Cesnauskis (Heart of Midlothian), Audrius Ksanavicius (Heart of Midlothian), Edgaras Cesnauskis (FC Moscova), Linas Pilibaitis (FBK Kaunas), Tomas Radzinevicius (Slovan Bratislava) - MIJLOCAŞI; Tomas Danilevicius (AS Livorno), Andrius Velicka (Glasgow Rangers), Edgaras Jankauskas (Skonto Riga), Robertas Poskus (fără echipă) - ATACANŢI.
post #8 of 174 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2008, 01:20
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
I'd like to comment on Piti's squad decisions:

I like the calling of Aliuta. I think Onofras should have been called up; I agree about not calling up Paraschiv.

I suppose Nesu deserved the call-up after the Galata game, but Pulhac would be a better choice IMO (neither would have played against Lithuania, so it's not really a problem).

Congrats on Lazar... Why Cocis again??? Mara would have been better, even if he's old.

Ok, Bratu was called up; that's fine. Marius Niculae is kinda useless IMO. Costea should get minutes in Torshavn. Daniel Niculae... he still lives? I haven't heard anything in 3 months.

So:

Lobont
Contra-Goian-Tamas/Ghionea-St. Radu
Radoi
Balanel-Aliuta/Lazar-Dica-Bratu
Marica

The selection sucked. We again have no midfield.

Balanel and Florinel for extra speed, Aliuta and Dica for technicity and Marica for both... If Marica has a bad day and Dica a normal one, we're phucked. Or at least Goian-dependant.

Oh, and btw, I saw more beautiful games in Liga II than at the Euro... Not to blame Piti. At all p

But all that wonderful flowing football I saw in the Sportul-Cetatea game I did not see in Romania's latest games.

Last edited by forestasuceava; September 3rd, 2008 at 01:28.
post #9 of 174 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2008, 03:39
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Romania
Lazar MIGHT start... Aliuta probably wont be seeing any minutes or 5-15 depending on the result at that time... our team can be great without Chivu and Mutu but i dunno if Piturca does actually share my sentiments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itidLk5Dd3k

^ a world without romania

I support: Romania, romanian teams in europe, Rapid Vienna

the most accurate Pro Evolution stats in the World!

I'm a Rapper and WWE Forum Manager

http://www.myspace.com/pemcee
NEW SONGS UP @ 07.01.08 = turkish, romanian, german and english hip hop
post #10 of 174 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2008, 12:11
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
we showed in the past that we can do very good without them (6:1 Albania, 5:1 Germany). i'm not worried, if we don't win it's not because Mutu and Chivu weren't there...
post #11 of 174 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2008, 14:59
Rising Star

Teams: Romania, Steaua Bucuresti
Obviously it's a major setback to not have our two biggest players for these games. However, we should be relieved that the schedule works in our favour and these are the two countries we are starting off against (imagine how it would be if one of these two games were against France, or even Serbia).

Although Lithuania is a decent side, if we are to be considered a strong footballing nation we must be able to win these kind of games without our top people. And, as NoName states, we have indeed demonstrated that we can play well without them.

Even though it's just the start of the campaign, 6 out of 6 points is a must. We have to be at the top of the standings after these two games.
post #12 of 174 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2008, 19:35
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORom View Post
Obviously it's a major setback to not have our two biggest players for these games. However, we should be relieved that the schedule works in our favour and these are the two countries we are starting off against (imagine how it would be if one of these two games were against France, or even Serbia).

Although Lithuania is a decent side, if we are to be considered a strong footballing nation we must be able to win these kind of games without our top people. And, as NoName states, we have indeed demonstrated that we can play well without them.

Even though it's just the start of the campaign, 6 out of 6 points is a must. We have to be at the top of the standings after these two games.

100% agree with you here. It doesn't matter how we win now we just need 6 points. I'm going to Romania tomorrow so I might catch the match in Cluj! We'll see though!

Tricolor pina la moarte!
post #13 of 174 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2008, 19:46
Premier Player

its the wrong mentality to assume you are going to play worse without your stars...

players should go into every game with the same mindset and that is to win, regardless of who is on the field, professional footballers and the quality between them can be very small in game situations, and the romanian nt players just have to reassure themselves taht they do have the quality to beat any team they just have to be consistant with their game mentality and that is to win no matter the resources available to you.
post #14 of 174 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2008, 04:10 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

This is how Romania could look against Lithuania:

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #15 of 174 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2008, 05:03
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
If Piti plays like that, we get our asses kicked.

Niculae CANNOT play winger. Not in the NT at least. Maybe at Otelul... I mean Auxerre. Cocis does nothing. Nicolita might do something, he's in good form...

Put a random program to pick the team and you still get a better one. Defence is good no matter what. But, hell, that's horrible tactics...
post #16 of 174 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2008, 05:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
Plus Dica is too far from the rival box. With those players it would be more valid a 4-2-3-1.

I´d play with...

-------------Lobont
-------CB--------------CB
RB---------------------------LB
---------Lazar------Radoi
Nicolita-------Dica--------Aliuta/Costea
-------------Marica
post #17 of 174 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2008, 07:33
Forum Manager
Legend

Dica has to be close to the box, we need someone that can score with 2 or 3 chances.

I wouldn´t start with Costea in this game, i´d prefer Aliuta for a sharper construction or Marius Niculae to have a powerful box player.
post #18 of 174 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2008, 11:27 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

GSP writes that Piti tried a new 4-1-4-1 formation.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #19 of 174 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2008, 12:25
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupi View Post
GSP writes that Piti tried a new 4-1-4-1 formation.
then the line up you posted has more to be seen like this:

Radoi

Nicolita - Cocis - Dica - Niculae

Marica

still an awful line up...

we all agree that Niculae and Cocis can't start, i'd like this:

Lobont

Contra/Sapunaru - Tamas - Goian - Radu

Radoi - Lazar

Nicolita/Contra - Dica - Aliuta

Marica

it would be especially interesting how the 3-men-offense with Contra, Dica and Aliuta could work...
post #20 of 174 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2008, 13:50
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

D.Niculae is only good as support striker or if you pair him with someone else he can play with... that left wing stuff isn't working and he proved that numerous times already...

and people lets forget about Marius... this guy is super slow and unagile... he scored that goal against Craiova but he seemed really heavy and slow... his positioning and powerful left shot is the only good thing left in him

Cocis is a joke imo... this guy would struggle to break into a Bucuresti side nowadays... he's of midtable quality in liga1 and only gets there because of being Piturca's darling or something... I would even pick Vasilache over him tbh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itidLk5Dd3k

^ a world without romania

I support: Romania, romanian teams in europe, Rapid Vienna

the most accurate Pro Evolution stats in the World!

I'm a Rapper and WWE Forum Manager

http://www.myspace.com/pemcee
NEW SONGS UP @ 07.01.08 = turkish, romanian, german and english hip hop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in