The Euro analysis - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2008, 00:01 Thread Starter
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Romania
The Euro analysis

rate the players from their 3 games including the coach, what was good, bad, what could be improved, what has to improve... what can be done about it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itidLk5Dd3k

^ a world without romania

I support: Romania, romanian teams in europe, Rapid Vienna

the most accurate Pro Evolution stats in the World!

I'm a Rapper and WWE Forum Manager

http://www.myspace.com/pemcee
NEW SONGS UP @ 07.01.08 = turkish, romanian, german and english hip hop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2008, 00:13 Thread Starter
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Romania
1 Bogdan Lobonţ

- rock solid in all his 3 games... showed why he's the number one and one of the best goalkeepers in Europe... showed his best game against Italy and isn't to blame for what happened... one of the few guys who actually try to motivate the players

2 Cosmin Contra

- he had a good Euro campaign, it's sad to see him go as he's one of the very few characters who really know whats important... not the type of guy to give up, ran alot and fought hard... didnt have his best time in offence but I still don't understand why we didn't try him as Rm, afterall he scored 2 goals against Bayern in that position

3 Răzvan Raţ

- great player, solid in the games but you can see that he needs to step up his game more... Ukraine simply doesn't test him enough, he needs to aim higher in order to fulfil his potential

4 Gabriel Tamaş

- did better than I expected... definately someone to trust in the future as well if he sorts out his club form... he's no real star but he improved over the past years, theres no reason for him to stop now

5 Cristian Chivu

- our captain... sadly he seems to lack what a captain has to be in the final moments... he's a great guy, don't get me wrong but he's not the leader to push a team when needed... he did well against France and Italy but today something went wrong... maybe its the tactic or the players around him because he's a defensive minded player afterall... you cant have him do the creative task as well

6 Mirel Rădoi

- that guy imo embodies fighting spirit and leadership... although I doubt that he'll get the captain's armband I still think hes the major reason we were so good in defence, nobody works as hard as him except for Nicolita and you can be always sure that he won't put his head down and bow to superior players... a warrior and somebody kids should pick as idol

7 Florentin Petre

- this guy had many obstacles to overcome and yet made it... he was Dinamo's captain and you know that he's a technically sound player... he's not good enough for this squad really... he could be valuable with different players around him and a tactic more appropiate for him but he'll probably retire anyways as well

i'll continue soon

post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2008, 00:31
World Class Player

Teams: Fulham and Romania
Speaking of only the first two games seeing as the guys made a mistake and thought tonight was a friendly.

Great performances, except Cocis who I rate as -400/10 because he's a lump of shit. Rat should have heatbutted him in the nose.

Everyone in defence, including the DMs played better than they actually are and really dug it out in the first two games.

The tactic prevented the attacking players doing much in games 1 and 2. Mutu can be understood as he didn't have a good recent time, but D. Niculae was pretty bad.

Piturca's tactics were spot on against these opponents. He got the results.

The only problem was everything about tonight. In the future we should play try to play football and not simply turn up, chill on the pitch and look miserable like tonight.

Play XPS! - Romanian League Prediction!
Join now!

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2008, 00:36 Thread Starter
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Speaking of only the first two games seeing as the guys made a mistake and thought tonight was a friendly.

Great performances, except Cocis who I rate as -400/10 because he's a lump of shit. Rat should have heatbutted him in the nose.

Everyone in defence, including the DMs played better than they actually are and really dug it out in the first two games.

The tactic prevented the attacking players doing much in games 1 and 2. Mutu can be understood as he didn't have a good recent time, but D. Niculae was pretty bad.

Piturca's tactics were spot on against these opponents. He got the results.

The only problem was everything about tonight. In the future we should play try to play football and not simply turn up, chill on the pitch and look miserable like tonight.
the tactic against France wasn't spot on... France was very vulnerable and not the team they were in 06... getting a draw against them isn't bad but it isn't excellent either

and playing defensive with classy defenders is always a safe way to go... we witnessed this with Steaua i.E. but the problem is, you can't turn around games and you can't win games this way...

post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2008, 11:12
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
Alright...

1. Lobont: 7.5
Had a good Euro, obviously one of our best players. In the game against Italy he was brilliant, with his many saves and the draw is in a large part due to him... Against France he was also a quality player but was never really in danger. In the last match he saved a couple of shots but did not have an exceptional match against a bored Netherlands. Overall, our only star in the Euros.

2 Contra: 7
Did well in the first match against France blocking many of the French attacks; against Italy he played more offensively but without doing anything remarkable. Against the Netherlands he was one of our best players but also left a lot of space in defence due to Nicolita's inactivity in that area. Also a good Euro from him.

3 Rat: 7
Blocked Ribery to perfection, Camoranesi in a good measure but left gigntic spaces for Boulahrouz and Melchiot (luckily not the best of players). Not bad from him and I don't think he ever gave up. Offensively (when he was allowed to push up) he was a threat as well.

4 Tamas: 6.5
2 of the three goals were (arguably) his mistakes. However, our only goal was his creation. Solid defensively, but far from extraordinary, and made quite a few forward runs and long passes which our offensive screwed up.

5 Chivu: 6.5
Struggled a lot in all three matches but his physical abilities were weak. I say Euro 2000 was a few times better for him. Nothing "genial" about him. Had a dangerous free kick or two, missed some others and could not pass in the last game.

6 Radoi: 7
Had a very solid match against France and a good performance in the first minutes against Italy. He is obviously needed in the NT and gave his heart (or rather, nose) on the pitch. I commend him

7 Fl. Petre: 5
Did not create any trouble for the Italians and was weak defensively. Obviously this tourney was beyond his level. Loved the bicycle kick though.

8 Codrea: 7.5
The years in Serie A showed off; the most pleasant surprise during this championship. Extraordinary performance against Italy, not bad versus the Dutch, although he missed a good opportunity.

10 Mutu: 5.5
I expected much more, but fatigue and the events in his life prevented him from having a good championship. Scored our goal, but due to a beginner mistake from Zambrotta. Missed a penalty which would have qualified us. Tried much in attack but was left very alone by his teammates.

11.Cocis 4
Horrible display, against France and the Dutch. This guy cannot pass; it's obvious he never played for a good team. I'm disappointed.

14. Ghionea 6
Alright against the Dutch did nothing special, but defended in a solid manner. Not much to say.

15. Goian 6.5
A very stupid yellow card against Italy after two matches in which although he did not shine, he had a very good performance. Only had one or two chances to score and was not able to. I cannot say he was bad, but somehow I expected more.

16. Nicolita... 5
It's not his fault. It's the fault of the obstinate nature of a certain coach. Don't blame him again. He tried a lot... but he's just not good enough for our NT.

18. M. Niculae... 2
Did nothing in any of the matches.

20. Dica... 5
Mediocre performance, but no one helped him either.

21. D. Niculae... 3
Ran, ran, ran and that's it. "Daniel este pentru noi/Nicolita II"
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2008, 11:17
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Nothing to be ashamed of guys, played your hearts out, best match was against Italy, a real shame you didn't take your chance there, but still you can be proud of your players.

Best ones IMO Lobont, Codrea and pretty much the entire defence.

Hope we advance together in our next campaign.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2008, 11:23
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krle View Post
Hope we advance together in our next campaign.
Hope so, it's obvious France is shit. I just hope Piturca changes something. You also have quality to not lose against the French.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2008, 12:50
Premier Player

Teams: Steaua, _ , _ , Mutu's team, Barcelona, AC Milan
Best performance: Lobont
Best field player: Chivu
Worst field player: Niculae x 2 (if you count both they wouldn't make one 5 grade)
Revelation: Tamas (Radoi is not a revelation, he's a )
Goodbye: Cocis, Niculae x 2, Petre.
Can stay but as a reserve: Nicolita.

Codrea: will never be good enough.

Mutu: 5.5
Overall team: 6
Piturca: 6.5 (his selection was questionable, his tactics ok given his selection)

Adrian Mutu - the best player of Serie A season 2002-2003
Adrian Mutu - the best player of Serie A season 2006-2007

Last edited by eugenius; June 18th, 2008 at 12:55.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2008, 13:58
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenius View Post

Codrea: will never be good enough.
If Codrea hasnīt convinced you in this tournament, then you have something against him. Heīs good with the ball, intelligent tactically and a hard worker. Maybe heīs not a fix as starter, but in a 23 men squad he has to be there. And in the next squads too.

If Szekely and Torje confirm, itīs time to replace Fl.Petre and Nicolita.

Ghioane is obviously better than Cocis, who can be useful, but not in the position where heīs used by Piturca.

Contra replacement has to be Sapunaru, but I have no problems using Contra in the first games of the next qualifiers; the change can come gradually.

Marica is our best striker and he didnīt get a single minute in the euros. M.Niculae needs good assists, and without Dica or some other offensive midfielder thatīs hard. So it was stupid to play with him yesterday. Not even Nicolita put a good ball in the Dutch penalty area.

Piturca failed in the game vs Holland. I have no complains in the other 2 games. But yesterday was a game to take risks, and he screwed it totally. Piturca has shown that heīs a reliable coach to not lose games...but he still has to prove that he can win them.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2008, 16:06
Xtratime Legend

Teams: România, Viitorul Constanta
If you want a good analysis, this is one from Andrei Vochin: http://www.andreivochin.ro/2008/06/18/lectia-de-egoism/

It's called the "Selfishness Lesson"

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2008, 12:43
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
I generally agree with PMC and Foresta but i want to add some things

Defensive department:

Lobont (8): Practically flawless. We knew he could save us, but we also knew that some mistake was not out of the question. Luckily he got past his latest form influenced by Dinamoīs atmosphere and gave us security every time we received a shot. Also his personality is necessary to the team. He made some of his impossible saves against Italy and also againt Netherlands, that will remain within our best memories of the tournament.

Contra (8): 2 things to highlight: First, he didnīt make any of his known defensive mistakes, and was actually very solid and concentrated in that aspect. The other impressive aspect about his game is that he could be trusted with the ball at any time and almost never gave it away. Thatīs priceless for a defensive team and an example few of his teammates followed. He fought until the end. Couldnīt do much offensively because of the tactics.

Tamas (7): Very good generally, altough itīs true some of the goals were partly his fault. Very technical and brave to initiate attacks sometimes, altough his long passes werenīt accurate in these games. He gave us an extra weapon with his freekicks.

Goian (7,5): To me he was great and his absence was a main reason why the defense looked bad against Netherlands. His positioning is fantastic and he stood his ground against Toni. He couldnīt help with his offensive headers this time and missed the last game due to a dumb yellow.

Rat (8): He really stepped up in this tournament. He was great defensively which was an aspect we didnīt gave him credit for and he showed a perfect physical shape, being one of the few who was in form in the last game. Also initiated many attacks on the left even when he was restrained to go up. He gave an assist that Codrea wasted in the last game.

Ghionea (5,5): Ok but wasnīt in Goianīs level.

Radoi (8): Perfect against France, was doing the same against Italy. As noted, his attitude on the field was key for the team. Proved that he can be a worlds class DM. We missed him in the decisive game.

Chivu (7,5): An amazing performance ruined by the last game. Until then he was the balance in midfield, defensively perfect but also the one midfielder we could rely to have the ball and make the right pass. Also incredibly technical for a defensive midfielder. His flaw was not taking advantage of free kicks. In the last game, we can only imagine that all the effort because of his shoulder and the first too games took a toll on him, cause he was a real disaster.

Codrea (7): As noted, his Serie A experience showed, as he always knew where he had to be and had some great defensive interventions. Also good with the ball.

Offensive department:

Cocis (3): Hard to place him here, but he is supposed to be an offensive minded player. He is good with the ball, but under pressure he gives it up, canīt pass and canīt shoot. He made a great effort (the player that runned the most in a game so far) but was a disaster anyway. Previously he had good games for the NT, but in this tournament he seemed out of his league.

Nicolita (5): Huge effort that canīt be overlooked, and did better than expected. He didnīt give up the ball so easily and tried to do something offensively. He can be useful for the NT, but not as an offensive player.

Petre (5): Didnīt do badly IMO, but as expected he was below par physically. Also tried really hard.

Dica (5): We expected more from him, but he only really played in 2 games, and when he came in the third game his teammates had already gave up. Against Italy he helped us offensively and was the only associate Mutu had in the tournament. We canīt blame a player like him for not being able to defend correctly in our own box.

Mutu (6,5): He was left alone and still managed to score because of his positive attitude and was the only one to create danger for us. Of course we expected more and the penalty is hard to overlook, but he never stopped trying. Incredibly Piturca also had defensive duties for him.

D. Niculae (3,5): We canīt forget that he played in the hardest position in this team, as he had no support against a whole defence. Got a penalty and also made a huge effort, but he couldnīt find any solutions to be dangerous to his opponents and lost balls too easily.

M. Niculae (3): Didnīt do anything remarcable, and couldnīt work as a pivot either, which was expected from him.

Overall, we must say that the defensive players were helped by the strategy and looked better, while the offensive ones had to do more than what they can in order to produce something, with no support from the midfield and the fullbacks.

Piturca (6): Itīs really hard to judge him. He created strategies that allowed us to arrive to the last game with great odds in this terrible group, but at the same time failed completely in the last one. Lacked courage to take risks and trust our offensive qualities, and didnīt prevent the physical and mental breakdown of the last game. He also brought a squad that had no other option than defend, and made ridiculous changes even when everything was downhill and being careful had no point anymore.
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2008, 14:42
Premier Player

i actually really liked dica, once he came on in the italy game, bam, the offensive derpartment started making TRIANGLES, thats what PROFESSIONAL teams do, they make TRIANGLES around their oponents to pass the balls successfully, this season we saw steaua unable to do this in the first half do to the lack of MIDFIELD. the second half of the season was better and i noticed more of this in their play. romania does not have a midfield. sure dica sucks in defence but at least the moment he came on he created a flow for the ball in midfield to attack and sent it to mutu and created with rat too when he came up. once that happened we saw two good chances and a couple of shots by mutu. i want to see piturca's tactical line up changed because dica does not fit in to the one he has now, if piturca does change it, dica could fit in, romania with a midfield would no longer be a 3rd class team, we'd be fighting with the giants, the only thing that is missing is a midfield,

I'm not suggesting alone that Dica will be the one to do this, im just saying he's able to formulate proper attacking football tactically and skillfully, we just need more support players in midfield.

I want young players in this squad, i want to see a future, i want to see something different, if anything this euro didn't satisfy me, im glad i didnt watch the france game and im glad i didnt watch the second half of the holland game, i only got to see our boys against italy. ONE GOAL is what he have to show for this tournament and two draws against well a shit france, a questionable italy, just because they are world champions and vice world champions means nothing that was 2 years ago. I want to see a romania with flair.

Did you see russia in the last game? they attacked and attacked and created chances. Maybe sweden is still not the class of italy, but come on. I KNOW we are better then the russians.

Well its all up to next time, but in the next 2 years i want to see some serious revamp of midfield in our NT, piturca needs to shake things up try new players. Young players, players that can develop into the NT, players that are willing to take chances.

I'm just utterly dissapointed that everyone including other supporters of other countries cheered for us and said MUTU can do it. football is not a one man team and you can just have a strong defence and mutu up front to win you a tournament.

you guys can agree or disagree, im just ranting maybe because im a bit pissed off of maybe the impact this tournament had on me (in a positive way) after waiting 8 years to finally see my team in a big tournament, remember i was only 10 the last time i saw them.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2008, 23:25
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
very good post i liked Dica too, with him we could atleast create chances! we need some creative and special players like Sanmartean, Mitea... in our starting line up, players who can attack and do something with the ball. Ghioane would be also a big help as a DM to move the ball better in midfield but i think he's chanceless as long Piturca is our coach.
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2008, 23:36
Premier Player

Teams: Newcastle United
Lobont- 8: Kept us in every game when our defense lapsed. He was a real leader at the back and I'm sure the defenders fed off of the confidence of such a top class keeper behind them.

Contra- 7.5: He won my respect this tournament. I'd always thought he was completely incompetent and was one of the worst players on the team...he clearly proved me wrong. His calm, skill, and passion really helped out the defense in tough situations. I'll never forget the performances by him.

Tamas- 7: Quality player. Sure, he whiffed on Italy goal but he was inches from having one of the goals of the tournament in that same game. Was a rock at the back and I hope he's a permanent fixture in the national team.

Goian- 8: He was great in his 2 games. The 2nd yellow card was very stupid but that doesn't take away from his brave performances. For being such a big guy you'd expect him to be rather clumsy, but we saw none of that this tournament. Especially against some of the quickest and most technical forwards in the world.

Rat- 8: He was amazing for us. I was pleasantly suprised with the quality he brought to the table. Looked very confident with the ball, and did a good job of starting some attacks from the back.

Ghionea- 6: Was good in the game against Holland. It's nice to have such a solid replacement for Tamas or Goian in the back.

Radoi- 8: Rock solid. The midfield was non-existent for Italy when he was on the field and I think if he didn't get injured we'd have probably won that game. Great hustle as well as technical ability.

Chivu- 7.5: Our captain. He was instrumental in the games against Italy and France. It was just too bad that most of what people remember and judge him on will be the Holland game. Without Chivu we would have been nothing. His passion and leadership is intangible.

Codrea- 7: Wow, was he impressive against Italy. His passing was spot on and he showed that he's confident and good on the ball. Also, a hard worker. Needs to permanently be with the squad.

Cocis- 4: Boy, what a debacle. We had such high hopes for him coming in and he let us down. Hopefully he'll get a chance to redeem himself, because I think he's better than he showed us.

Nicolita- 5.5: Great effort and passion, too bad his skill was lacking. I thought he was ok in the France game but in the Holland match he was ineffective. He's a good guy to bring off the bench for a spark.

Petre- 5: Played hard when he was in there. Was just outmatched physically.

Dica- 4.5: For all of the clammoring for him to start and he's what we need he was crap. I was rather disappointed with him. Maybe the service and support was lacking, but we knew what formation and tactics we'd be playing and he would be forced to play his game within it. He failed.

Mutu- 6.5: Did all he could. I was shocked to see him getting back to help defensively so often but I guess it was necessary given the tactics. It's too bad he was so isolated and that our circumstances didn't allow for him to shine. You could see how much he loves playing and he loves his country both when he scored and when he missed his PK. When a player shows that much passion it's special.

D. Niculae- 3: Garbage. Sure it was a tough job being up front by yourself but at least be able to show some skill, hold the ball, and wait for help. He just tried to run at the defense and would lose the ball everytime. Too bad Marica was hurt.

M. Niculae- 4: Didn't get a fair shake at all. I'd have rathered see him against Italy than D. Niculae again. Giving him 65 minutes against the Dutch was unfair.

Piturca- 7.5: Continued to help further the cause of making Romania one of the top national teams in the world with the results he got this tournament. He pulled 2 tactical masterpieces against France and Italy and had a decent idea for the 3rd. A lot of people have attacked him because of the defensive stance in the final game...why not play that way? It worked twice against the Dutch in qualifying and had worked against Italy and France. Playing defensively against Holland didn't mean he was playing for a 0-0 draw. It means that he was playing to win 1-0 because he knew his team couldn't beat the Dutch in a wide open, offensive match. As much as all of the fans wanted it, in reality it's not possible and I respect Piti for sticking to his guns. Remember, Piti can't go out and play for them. The players were in charge of scoring and they failed.

Romania Romania Ole Ole Ole
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2008, 00:38
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonsie 14 View Post
Piturca- 7.5: Continued to help further the cause of making Romania one of the top national teams in the world with the results he got this tournament. He pulled 2 tactical masterpieces against France and Italy and had a decent idea for the 3rd. A lot of people have attacked him because of the defensive stance in the final game...why not play that way? It worked twice against the Dutch in qualifying and had worked against Italy and France. Playing defensively against Holland didn't mean he was playing for a 0-0 draw. It means that he was playing to win 1-0 because he knew his team couldn't beat the Dutch in a wide open, offensive match. As much as all of the fans wanted it, in reality it's not possible and I respect Piti for sticking to his guns. Remember, Piti can't go out and play for them. The players were in charge of scoring and they failed.

Remember we discussed the same thing after the France game. We (the ones against the defensive strategy) said that the way the team played they were going for a tie against Italy and then were going to look for a win vs Netherlands. He got the first 2 results he wanted, but then in the game he was supposed to try to win he didnīt, and worst of all the players arrived destroyed physically and mentally. He dinīt have a plan to win or to keep a rotation so the players could stay motivated and fit. So that is a failure, because if he had tried a little bit more we could have won vs Italy and France. Getting draws againt Italy and France in a final tournament is a big achievement but itīs not enough to qualify. The goal was to qualify not to get a couple of good results. It was an incredibly tough mission, we all know that, but at least you have to try, and all your gameplan canīt be destroyed by receiving a goal.
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2008, 03:27
Xtratime Legend

Teams: România, Viitorul Constanta
I think this says a lot http://www.gsp.ro/stire/stenograma-d...ore-83549.html

I liked Piturca, but beside qualifying us for a major tournament, I don't think he can bring us among the best.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2008, 06:31
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumaniac View Post
Remember we discussed the same thing after the France game. We (the ones against the defensive strategy) said that the way the team played they were going for a tie against Italy and then were going to look for a win vs Netherlands. He got the first 2 results he wanted, but then in the game he was supposed to try to win he didn´t, and worst of all the players arrived destroyed physically and mentally.
You see, this is what I must be missing...what would have showed you he was trying to win? An offensive formation that had us play free flowing, beautiful football? That wasn't going to happen this tournament. The players arrived destroyed physically and mentally? What does that even mean?

Quote:
He din´t have a plan to win or to keep a rotation so the players could stay motivated and fit. So that is a failure, because if he had tried a little bit more we could have won vs Italy and France.
Why change what's working? The players should have been fit enough to play as many games as was asked of them. Do you think big teams like Italy and France have to keep a rotation so their players stay "motivated and fit"? I think not. If he had tried? What if he had "tried" to get the win against France, and we ended up losing? That would have surely ended the tournament for us. Against Italy I don't know what else you wanted. We had some very dangerous CA opportunities. We were a post, missed PK, and a great save from Buffon away. That game went exactly as it was always going to with Italy having more of the game. If Radoi didn't get hurt who knows what would have happened.

Quote:
Getting draws againt Italy and France in a final tournament is a big achievement but it´s not enough to qualify. The goal was to qualify not to get a couple of good results. It was an incredibly tough mission, we all know that, but at least you have to try, and all your gameplan can´t be destroyed by receiving a goal.
Getting 2 draws and a win would have qualified us, but the team failed their final hurdle. The final game wasn't just lost by Piturca, many of the players mailed it in during that game and stopped trying. We also had some good chances in the 1st half. If they'd have been taken who knows what would have happened.

Last edited by Toonsie 14; June 20th, 2008 at 06:37.
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2008, 06:48
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupi View Post
I think this says a lot http://www.gsp.ro/stire/stenograma-d...ore-83549.html

I liked Piturca, but beside qualifying us for a major tournament, I don't think he can bring us among the best.
Does the Romanian media overanalyze everything as badly as this?

post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2008, 11:43
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
what does it say?
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2008, 14:54
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Well, they're saying Piti and Mutu were fighting again and both were very upset at the performance.

Piti really ****ed that game up. Mutu wanted to attack. If not from the first minute, certainly in the 2nd half we needed to attack.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in