Romania's squad for Euro 2008 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 140 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2008, 11:31 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Romania
Romania's squad for Euro 2008

Lotul pentru EURO 28 -> link.

Sunt aşteptaţi în ziua de 22 mai a.c., ora 12.30, la Centrul de Fotbal Mogoşoaia, următorii jucători: Cosmin Contra (Getafe CF), Gabriel Tamaş (AJ Auxerre), Ştefan Radu (SS Lazio), Răzvan Raţ (FC Şahtior Doneţk), Florentin Petre (TSKA Sofia), Paul Codrea (AC Siena), Răzvan Cociş (FC Lokomotiv Moscova), Cristian Chivu (Internazionale Milano FC), Adrian Mutu (Forentina), Ciprian Marica (VfB Stuttgart), Daniel Niculae (AJ Auxerre) şi Marius Niculae (Inverness).

După cum se ştie, actualmente, 14 jucători legitimaţi la cluburi din ţară se află în vacanţa din staţiunea turcă Belek: Bogdan Lobonţ (FC Dinamo Bucureşti), Dănuţ Coman (FC Rapid Bucureşti), Marius Popa (FC Politehnica 1921 Ştiinţa Timişoara), Cristian Săpunaru (FC Rapid), Dorin Goian, Sorin Ghionea (ambii, FC Steaua), Cosmin Moţi (FC Dinamo), Mirel Rădoi, Ovidiu Petre, Nicolae Dică, Bănel Nicoliţă (toţi, FC Steaua), Adrian Cristea, Florin Bratu (ambii, FC Dinamo) şi Ciprian Deac (CFR 1907 Cluj). Rămâne ca selecţionerul să decidă care dintre ei se va prezenta la reunire, existând posibilitatea ca toţi să fie chemaţi pe 22 mai.

Dintre aceşti 26 de jucători evocaţi vor fi desemnaţi, până la data de 28 mai a.c. (termenul-limită impus de UEFA), cei 23 care vor face parte din lotul ce va aborda jocurile din cadrul turneului final.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 140 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2008, 13:10
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
the first big surprise: no Ogararu, this means that Sapunaru will most probably make it into the squad.
post #3 of 140 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2008, 13:54
Premier Player

Teams: Dutch NT, FC Vaslui, Zimbru Chisinau & VVV
Hardly any Under 21 players. Only Deac. And of course Radu, but he's in their for a long time already. I had expected maybe Ropotan or Torje.

On the whole, not really many surprises I think?

post #4 of 140 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2008, 14:00
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
His reserve status at Ajax is the cause to drop Ogararu.

I´m really sorry for him. Now Sapunaru has a good chance to make the squad.
post #5 of 140 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2008, 14:03
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranje View Post
Hardly any Under 21 players. Only Deac. And of course Radu, but he's in their for a long time already. I had expected maybe Ropotan or Torje.

On the whole, not really many surprises I think?
Ropotan was not so needed in this team. We have Ov.Petre, Radoi, Codrea and even Margaritescu or Lazar for that position (plus Chivu). We have overbooking of DMs.

Torje will get his chance after euros I guess.

And we´ll see if Deac finally makes it.
post #6 of 140 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2008, 16:00
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I think Ropotan is also not mature enough for the Euros... his skills are there but his attitude on the pitch is ridiculous... almost embarassing

Torje doesn't play as a regular for Dinamo which means he either can't play a 90 mins without problems or he isn't ready yet for such games

Deac makes no sense to me though.. I'd have prefered Szekely or even somebody from Rapid instead of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itidLk5Dd3k

^ a world without romania

I support: Romania, romanian teams in europe, Rapid Vienna

the most accurate Pro Evolution stats in the World!

I'm a Rapper and WWE Forum Manager

http://www.myspace.com/pemcee
NEW SONGS UP @ 07.01.08 = turkish, romanian, german and english hip hop
post #7 of 140 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2008, 16:09
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMC View Post

Torje doesn't play as a regular for Dinamo which means he either can't play a 90 mins without problems or he isn't ready yet for such games
ähm, strange logic...then you would have to strike Marica, Contra and Nicolita off the list!
post #8 of 140 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2008, 16:11
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
ähm, strange logic...then you would have to strike Marica, Contra and Nicolita off the list!
as far as I know did Torje not play one single game from start to finish... there has to be a reason for that

post #9 of 140 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2008, 19:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

The reason is the stubborness of Dinamo coachs. Torje showed to be the best option in the RM position. He should be the starter the next season without problems.
post #10 of 140 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2008, 20:19
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

So the 26 men pre-list is this:

Goalkeepers:
Bogdan Lobont (Dinamo Bucharest)
Danut Coman (Rapid Bucharest)
Marius Popa (Politehnica Timisoara)

Defenders:
Cristian Sapunaru (Rapid Bucharest)
Dorin Goian (Steaua Bucharest)
Sorin Ghionea (Steaua Bucharest)
Cosmin Moti (Dinamo Bucharest)
Cosmin Contra (Getafe)
Gabriel Tamas (Auxerre)
Stefan Radu (Lazio)
Razvan Rat (Shakhtar Donetsk)
Cristian Chivu (Inter Milan)

Midfielders
Florentin Petre (CSKA Sofia)
Paul Codrea (Siena)
Razvan Cocis (Lokomotiv Moscow)
Mirel Radoi (Steaua Bucharest)
Ovidiu Petre (Steaua Bucharest)
Nicolae Dica (Steaua Bucharest)
Banel Nicolita (Steaua Bucharest)
Adrian Cristea (Dinamo Bucharest)
Ciprian Deac (Otelul)

Forwards
Adrian Mutu (Fiorentina)
Ciprian Marica (VfB Stuttgart)
Daniel Niculae (Auxerre)
Marius Niculae (Inverness)
Florin Bratu (Dinamo Bucharest)
post #11 of 140 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2008, 01:49
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMC View Post
I think Ropotan is also not mature enough for the Euros... his skills are there but his attitude on the pitch is ridiculous... almost embarassing

Deac makes no sense to me though.. I'd have prefered Szekely or even somebody from Rapid instead of him
I agree with Torje, at this point he doesn´t belong in the squad. First he has to establish himself in a team and show what he´s got in a regular basis.

I think you are wrong about Deac tough. He is young and has many qualities, including dribbling, passing, taking freekicks and a lot of stamina and attitude which makes him helpful in defence too. He´ll probably not make it but he is a player to be considered for the NT int the next campaign. Szekely probably lost his place because of his injury, if not he´ll be in this large squad at least.

It´s sad what happened with Ogararu, but playing so little it was risky to take him. Sapunaru is a good replacement and he´ll probably be a starter in the future so it´s good for him to get the experience
post #12 of 140 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2008, 02:15
Xtratime Legend

Teams: România, Viitorul Constanta
I think Piturca will choose between Moti and Ghionea, Fl. Bratu and M. Niculae and Cristea, Deac and Dica.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #13 of 140 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2008, 02:26
World Class Player

do you really think there is a possibility Piturca won't call Dica?! heis out of form but players of his calibre are always good to have in your team...he's definitely the deadliest "striker"/finisher in our squad together with Mutu.
i think he will choose between Moti/Ghionea and Bratu/Deac/Cristea. imo the 2 Niculaes and Marica are enough for the striker position because we play with only one in normal conditions and Dica can play there too. i hope he calls Deac...
post #14 of 140 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2008, 02:27
Xtratime Legend

Teams: România, Viitorul Constanta
If Piturca left Ogararu out, he can leave Dica or Nicolita out as well.

I feel sorry for Ogararu. He played well for us. I was always more at ease when I saw him playing as a RB instead of Contra.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #15 of 140 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2008, 02:40
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupi View Post
well, there's a little difference: he never was such a big Ogararu fan but he always called Dica and Nicolita since he's the NT coach.

Quote:
I feel sorry for Ogararu. He played well for us. I was always more at ease when I saw him playing as a RB instead of Contra.
me too, especially since i know how much he loves to play for the NT. i won't feel safe for the first minutes if Sapunaru should play just because it would be his first important NT game ever and as a defender mistakes can cause much more damage.
post #16 of 140 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2008, 02:42
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
Quote:
me too, especially since i know how much he loves to play for the NT. i won't feel safe for the first minutes if Sapunaru should play just because it would be his first important NT game ever and as a defender mistakes can cause much more damage.
This is why I wanted Ogararu in the squad... He's less likely to make a mistake... Which could prove deadly.
post #17 of 140 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2008, 02:58
World Class Player

on the other hand Ogararu isn't the best in defense either (like all our RBs p)...i haven't seen enough from Sapunaru to judge how good he defends?!
post #18 of 140 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2008, 03:03
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
So far he seemed solid to me. The problem is that he hasn´t faced great opposition yet.
post #19 of 140 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2008, 15:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Dica will go for sure imo.

Sapunaru is solid defending and dangerous attacking in corners. I think he has a more solid physical presence than Ogararu, but he lacks experience. He´s the best alternative though.
post #20 of 140 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2008, 16:01
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
The reason is the stubborness of Dinamo coachs. Torje showed to be the best option in the RM position. He should be the starter the next season without problems.
so both Uhrin and the Dinamo coaches are just stubborn and don't wanna give him a solid chance? he might be a started in many liga1 teams but I think they don't want to put too much pressure on him and it might has a reason... all im sayin is that they probably know more about his personality than we do

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumaniac View Post

I think you are wrong about Deac tough. He is young and has many qualities, including dribbling, passing, taking freekicks and a lot of stamina and attitude which makes him helpful in defence too. He´ll probably not make it but he is a player to be considered for the NT int the next campaign. Szekely probably lost his place because of his injury, if not he´ll be in this large squad at least.
I'm sure he does have alot of potential and will wear the yellow jersey once but if I look at the games he played in he didn't really put me in awe... for the youth team he was very solid but Keserü and Torje and even Tanase looked better imo... for CFR he never played and at Otelul he really had no pressure and no competition either

Quote:
do you really think there is a possibility Piturca won't call Dica?!
he's in the squad as we have no one else who could really top him except maybe Trica but he's nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupi View Post

Ogararu fought hard as RB for us... a likable character but I understand Piturca... Ogararu seemingly didn't do too well at Ajax and I believe it has more to do with his attitude than skills

Quote:
well, there's a little difference: he never was such a big Ogararu fan but he always called Dica and Nicolita since he's the NT coach.

he didn't always call up Dica... I remember how p*ssed I was when Piturca doubted Dica's skills etc. remember Dica didn't have it easy to get entrance into the 1st 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestasuceava View Post
This is why I wanted Ogararu in the squad... He's less likely to make a mistake... Which could prove deadly.
Contra is mistake-prone... I doubt that Sapuranu would make a lethal mistake...

Quote:
on the other hand Ogararu isn't the best in defense either (like all our RBs p)...i haven't seen enough from Sapunaru to judge how good he defends?!

you doubt him although you didn't watch him alot?

Sapuranu is a ?mark but he's been one of the best performers for Rapid and is one warrior... I believe hes a much better defender than Contra and Ogararu and although he's not brilliant with the ball he is still very dangerous upfront

Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA View Post
Dica will go for sure imo.

Sapunaru is solid defending and dangerous attacking in corners. I think he has a more solid physical presence than Ogararu, but he lacks experience. He´s the best alternative though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in