EC2008 QUAL.: Belarus 1-3 Romania || Friendly: Germany - Romania - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 463 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2007, 21:17 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: Fulham and Romania
EC2008 QUAL.: Belarus 1-3 Romania || Friendly: Germany - Romania

Dintre „stranierii" convocaţi iniţial, s-a renunţat din diferite motive la Cosmin Contra (Getafe CF), Laurenţiu Roşu (Recreativo Huelva), Alin Stoica (KAA Gent) şi Daniel Niculae (AJ Auxerre). Iată-i pe cei 22 de jucători, convocaţi mâine, 3 septembrie a.c., la ora 12.00, la Centrul de Fotbal Mogoşoaia:

Bogdan Ionuţ Lobonţ (FC Dinamo Bucureşti) şi Dănuţ Dumitru Coman (FC Rapid Bucureşti) – portari

Petre Marin (FC Steaua Bucureşti), Dan Marius Matei (CF Gloria 1922 Bistriţa), Gabriel Sebastian Tamaş (AJ Auxerre), Dorin Nicolae Goian (FC Steaua Bucureşti), Cristian Eugen Chivu (Internazionale Milano), Marius Marcel Constantin (FC Rapid Bucureşti), Răzvan Dincă Raţ (FC Şahtior Doneţk) şi Ştefan Radu (FC Dinamo Bucureşti) – fundaşi

Florentin Petre (TSKA Sofia), Bănel Nicoliţă (FC Steaua Bucureşti), Paul Constantin Codrea (AC Siena), Nicolae Marius Dică (FC Steaua Bucureşti), Ovidiu Petre (FC Steaua Bucureşti), Dorinel Ionel Munteanu (Sporting Club Vaslui), Eugen Trică (CFR 1907 Cluj), Adrian Cristea (FC Dinamo Bucureşti) – mijlocaşi

Adrian Mutu (Fiorentina), Gheorghe Bucur (FC Politehnica 1921 Ştiinţa Timişoara & Invest SA), Ciprian Andrei Marica (VfB Stuttgart) şi Sergiu Marian Radu (VfL Wolfsburg) – atacanţi

Play XPS! - Romanian League Prediction!
Join now!

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 463 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2007, 21:26 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: Fulham and Romania
Contra and Alin Stoica are injured. Daniel Niculae was dropped because he hasn't been playing recently.

Mazilu would have looked good in that squad.

Piturca should have given a few more call-ups seeing as this is a squad for 2 games including a friendly. I'm happy that Ovidiu Petre is there though, he will probably start in Radoi's place.

Suprises with Trica and Matei, what do you guys think of these two?

We should win this match judging by our current form.

Probably line up:

--------------------Lobont--------------------
-P.Marin-----D.Goian-------Chivu--------Rat---
---------Ov.Petre-------------Munteanu-------
-Fl.Petre-------------Dica---------Mutu-------
--------------------Marica--------------------

Play XPS! - Romanian League Prediction!
Join now!

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
post #3 of 463 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2007, 21:33
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
Contra and Alin Stoica are injured. Daniel Niculae was dropped because he hasn't been playing recently.

Mazilu would have looked good in that squad.

Piturca should have given a few more call-ups seeing as this is a squad for 2 games including a friendly. I'm happy that Ovidiu Petre is there though, he will probably start in Radoi's place.

Suprises with Trica and Matei, what do you guys think of these two?

We should win this match judging by our current form.

Probably line up:

---------Ov.Petre-------------Munteanu-------
-Fl.Petre-------------Dica---------Mutu-------
I think Codrea gets the position over Ov. Petre... Fl. Petre on the right sucks... maybe Trica gets his spot hopefully...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itidLk5Dd3k

^ a world without romania

I support: Romania, romanian teams in europe, Rapid Vienna

the most accurate Pro Evolution stats in the World!

I'm a Rapper and WWE Forum Manager

http://www.myspace.com/pemcee
NEW SONGS UP @ 07.01.08 = turkish, romanian, german and english hip hop

post #4 of 463 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2007, 21:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: FC Barcelona, România
Matei is a right defender. I´m surprised with his call-up. P.Marin and him will be the options for that position.

I´m glad to see Trica there.
post #5 of 463 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2007, 21:42
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

---------P. Codrea-------------Ov. Petre-------
-Trica-------------Dica---------Mutu-------

would be the ideal formation with D. Munteanu entering in the 2nd half

I don't really rate P. Codrea tbh but he always started

post #6 of 463 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2007, 21:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

We have to win this game. It´s very important.

On the same day Holland will play vs Bulgaria.

After this game we´ll play a friendly in Germany, on Wednesday.
post #7 of 463 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2007, 22:51
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
I´m willing to bet that Dorinel will start now that he is playing full games for Vaslui. O.Petre is a Piturca favourite and he combines well with dorinel so he has chances against Codrea.
On the right midfield i hope to see Nicolita over Petre as i don´t see chances for anyone else.

The addition of Trica is probably a replacement for Stoica as Matei is for Contra, so Piturca is looking to add a playmaker to the squad. That´s really good news cause an organized midfield is the only thing we are missing.

Overall with all the absences it´s a good squad.
post #8 of 463 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2007, 23:13
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumaniac
I´m willing to bet that Dorinel will start now that he is playing full games for Vaslui. O.Petre is a Piturca favourite and he combines well with dorinel so he has chances against Codrea.
On the right midfield i hope to see Nicolita over Petre as i don´t see chances for anyone else.

The addition of Trica is probably a replacement for Stoica as Matei is for Contra, so Piturca is looking to add a playmaker to the squad. That´s really good news cause an organized midfield is the only thing we are missing.

Overall with all the absences it´s a good squad.

yes I agree... I think there'll be 2 questions with positions: Nicolita or F. Petre and D. Munteanu or Ov. Petre...

Piturca has always relied on P. Codrea so thats why I'm very sure that he'll get a starting spot for sure...

I don't really know the deal about him though... he's too weak to defend, not a good scorer and his set ups leave alot to desire... he's just okay imo

post #9 of 463 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2007, 01:15
World Class Player

Teams: Romania forever
everytime i saw Codrea he played well, he's a good player and adds atleast a little bit creativity to our midfield (if you consider that he's a DM) and can make good passes.

how good is this Matei? somebody saw some games with him?

our midfield is so bad/weak, would've been nice to have Lazar, Stoica, Cernat, Radoi, Plesan, Szekely..... there, but hey, we are Romania, we can't have a squad without 10 players missing because of injuries
post #10 of 463 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2007, 01:22
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
everytime i saw Codrea he played well, he's a good player and adds atleast a little bit creativity to our midfield (if you consider that he's a DM) and can make good passes.

how good is this Matei? somebody saw some games with him?

our midfield is so bad/weak, would've been nice to have Lazar, Stoica, Cernat, Radoi, Plesan, Szekely..... there, but hey, we are Romania, we can't have a squad without 10 players missing because of injuries
Codrea definately is doing fairly good but I don't think he's able to help our team against really tough opponents... at a certain point he isn't efficiant enough to be in this position... if he really was such a good player we wouldn't need D. Munteanu still since they both serve a similar cause

I actually have no idea about Matei... I've seen him in quite a few games but he never really grabbed my attention that much that I'd have followed him...

btw I actually don't consider our midfield to be that weak aside of maybe the RM position but we could certainly do better

post #11 of 463 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2007, 01:26
World Class Player

well, most of our "midfielders" are strikers like Mutu and Dica, it would be nice to have a real playmaker, a good RM and somebody like Dorinel, just younger.

i realized that it's been a long time since we were down 1 goal, would be interesting to see how our team would react on such a situation...
i'm really curious by the way how we will do against Germany, a very good test for us, a pity that we can't try in this game Stoica and some other "new" names
post #12 of 463 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2007, 01:32
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
well, most of our "midfielders" are strikers like Mutu and Dica, it would be nice to have a real playmaker, a good RM and somebody like Dorinel, just younger.

i realized that it's been a long time since we were down 1 goal, would be interesting to see how our team would react on such a situation...
i'm really curious by the way how we will do against Germany, a very good test for us, a pity that we can't try in this game Stoica and some other "new" names

I must say that I like the idea of playing with so many forwards because it means that we really go for the goal and not just sit back and defend...anyways you can see how drastic our problem is when you actually check the latest line ups

Muresan played as CB for Gloria many times, D. Stoica also did play as natural CB too i think, Radoi was a CB and we even tried Chivu as DM

at a time our whole squad consisted of Attackers and Defenders, we barely had real midfielders at all

post #13 of 463 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2007, 01:54
World Class Player

it seems to work but 2 qualitiy midfielders more would be still very welcomed, if we play with more midfielders it wouldn't mean automatically that we sit back, it could be even better for our whole game! maybe Stoica could take Munteanu's role in the midfield if it's true that he learned to defend in the last years...offensively i don't have doubts that he can do the job.
post #14 of 463 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2007, 01:56
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
it seems to work but 2 qualitiy midfielders more would be still very welcomed, if we play with more midfielders it wouldn't mean automatically that we sit back, it could be even better for our whole game! maybe Stoica could take Munteanu's role in the midfield if it's true that he learned to defend in the last years...offensively i don't have doubts that he can do the job.
well in midfield theres 3 positions open now imo... its really a shame that the players able to fill those gaps are all injuried

post #15 of 463 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2007, 02:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMC
and we even tried Chivu as DM
Don´t discard Piturca playing with Chivu as DM in Belarus, with Tamas and Goian in the back.
post #16 of 463 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2007, 02:31
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA
Don´t discard Piturca playing with Chivu as DM in Belarus, with Tamas and Goian in the back.

I didn't mean it in a negative way... just that we didn't have any real midfielders there

post #17 of 463 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2007, 03:39
Xtratime Legend

Teams: România, Viitorul Constanta
Nowadays, no one can field only one main XI because of the diversity of the opponents as well as due to the fact that there are many more tough challengers. Codrea is excellent for games when you have to be very careful tactically and when you want a balance between an attacking and defending game-plan.

Having said that, our midfield does need to be revamped. In pure (defending) midfielders, we're O.K. We have Radoi (when fit), Codrea, Ov. Petre and even Muresan and D. Stoica or Chivu if necessary. Nevertheless, the ACM, RM and playmaker positions are still up for grabs. I hope some of our "lost ones" (Cocis, Cernat, A. Stoica, Sanmartean) and some U21 will fill that void.

As for Costea, if he would work on his strength and speed, he would be an interesting solution for the RM position. Herea could also play on the Left, if he confirms at Rapid.

People also forget about Prepelita. He could be an interesting solution for our midfield. He could really be the one replacing Dorinel.

"Strength and honor"
MAXIMUS DECIMUS MERIDIUS
post #18 of 463 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2007, 04:04
PMC
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro Lupi
Nowadays, no one can field only one main XI because of the diversity of the opponents as well as due to the fact that there are many more tough challengers. Codrea is excellent for games when you have to be very careful tactically and when you want a balance between an attacking and defending game-plan.

Having said that, our midfield does need to be revamped. In pure (defending) midfielders, we're O.K. We have Radoi (when fit), Codrea, Ov. Petre and even Muresan and D. Stoica or Chivu if necessary. Nevertheless, the ACM, RM and playmaker positions are still up for grabs. I hope some of our "lost ones" (Cocis, Cernat, A. Stoica, Sanmartean) and some U21 will fill that void.

As for Costea, if he would work on his strength and speed, he would be an interesting solution for the RM position. Herea could also play on the Left, if he confirms at Rapid.

People also forget about Prepelita. He could be an interesting solution for our midfield. He could really be the one replacing Dorinel.

Costea is one, if not the best dribbler currently in Liga1 at the moment... he easily gets past defenders and I must say that he's quite quick and strong as well... his weakness is the passing and shooting... he sometimes makes bad decisions or does hasty plays that end up at the opposition... but I think we can't judge him properly since his whole team is playing quite bad... but he really stands out 2 me

Herea didn't start a game for Rapid now, last game he was a spectator and I'm not sure if he was injuried or not

Prepelita might be a huge talent but this guy has done almost nothing at Craiova now... he's been invisible in many games and he's a freaking cm... his great ball control and technique didn't help craiova one bid so far

post #19 of 463 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2007, 08:16
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania, River Plate
Quote:
Originally Posted by GICA

Tamas is suspended for that game.
post #20 of 463 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2007, 12:26
Premier Player

Teams: Rapid Bucharest, ROMANIA
winning this game will get us closer to EURO 2008. very important.

Whatever you do, DO NOT CLICK HERE!!

We are the champions, my friend !
www.streetcuza.tk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in