Notizie della XT Serie A - Page 9 - Xtratime Community
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #161 of 170 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2016, 14:21
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Teams: Juventus FC, Italia
I will send out an email tonight as well regarding the early fixtures this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 170 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2016, 10:15
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Sampdoria, Italian NT, Crystal Palace
ToniZamp is back... and "making a statement in his return" (Tony Romanista10)
The 75 years old chairman describes his new challenge in the XT Serie A Fantasy League

Toni, you are back on the big stage, did you miss it? "Not really. I had run out of motivations when I left"
so, what brought you back on it? "I found new motivations"
what is your goal? "My goal for this season is the second-to-last spot. Anything better than that is a success. Unfortunately I was told this team is cursed when I had already invested heavily on it".
Are you talking about Milik? "yeah, I'm talking about the 401 million euros I spent for Milik. Zibì Boniek called me last night and told me 'I'm soooo sorry.. bla bla bla', but who gives me my money back? I will bring FIFA, UEFA and the Polish football federation before the courts"
Are you going to release/sell Milik? "I'm not crazy. I would get back what? 25 million euros? And then? Who could I buy? Maccarone? Palladino? Please, be serious!"
What about the coach? "the coach is Oreste Esonerotti. I chose him myself because I like him very much. He is the next Arrigo Sacchi. Mark my words"
DelPiero107 and AlexM411 like this.

Last edited by ToniSamp; October 13th, 2016 at 10:29.
post #163 of 170 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2016, 05:17
Rising Star

Teams: Inter, RBNY, USMNT, Italia
League Statement

Acqua Forte FC got their first point of the season in a Nil all affair with Vecchia Signora FC but have a bitter taste in their mouth on what could have been. Falling just short in winning their first game of the season, fans are point fingers at the coach for leaving points on the table. Left on the bench was their $147 Million Dollar signing, De Rossi. De Rossi had an assist in one of Roma’s goals in their 3-1 win over Napoli. The assist would have had been enough to see Acqua Forte FC earn the slightest of victory over last year’s tittle winner.

“Vecchia Signora FC are a very strong team. It’s no secret on how they won the league last year. I know playing against the likes of Dybala and Kalinic, we needed to take a more defensive approach” said Alex. “Playing Benali over De Rossi was what I felt was the safer route. And if it wasn’t for an own goal from Campagnaro we could have another clean sheet.”

Alex went on to say he was very please on how his defense played this weekend. 5 players contributed in clean sheets for Acqua Forte FC which easily erased the two goals scored by Dybala.

“This week in practice we will work on our offence and hope to get on the scoring sheet next week” Alex added. “ I have full confidence in the defense this year and I know our forwards will find ways to get the job done as well.”

Some more fans went on to criticize Alex for letting Ljajic go right before the season. One of the Ultras we interviewed shouted “he pocketed the 70 Million.” Another sarcastically added “Alex did well with those credits in reinforcing the attack.” Alex wasn’t available to comment on the trade. However one of the members on the board did mention “hey this was the third time we signed Ljajic. Enough is enough. There was no spot for him on the team, he would not have started this week anyways. Our 4 starting attackers were already decided weeks ago.”

Ljajic picked up two injuries in the two prior games he started this season so far. Playing a total of 56 minutes in the two games Ljajic started, many fans believe the board was concerned in the long term health of Ljajic. “We wish Ljajic the best and you never know what the future holds. It’s no secret he is a talented player.”
ToniSamp and DelPiero107 like this.

post #164 of 170 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2017, 18:08
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

ToniZamp comments the first half of the season
the first question is obvious, are you going to sack the coach? "No, not all. He has done a formidable job, we are in the top6 of the league and we qualified to the quarter finals of the cup".
what players impressed you? "Théréau, Suso and Szczesny come to my mind, but the truth is that few players disappointed me".
Who? "To be honest just one, Niang. His performances were very poor and we had to release him".
And you replaced him with Gilardino... "well, Gila is going to be one option, but a reserve most of times. He is a center forwad anyway. The replacement of Niang is Farias we already have but we will often switch to 4-4-2 or even 5-3-2, in order to field both Schick and Milik who is almost ready"
What about the transfer campaign? Will you get more players? "No, I don't think so. We are betting on Missiroli recovering from his injuries, but needed a pair of center midfielders and so we bought Bruno and Faragò. luckily Hiljemark chose to stay in Italy. Iemmello and Nicola Rigoni left because they need to play more often ".
Romanista10 likes this.
post #165 of 170 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2017, 19:56
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: AS Roma, Italia, & Ferrari F1
Exclusive interview with Romanista10:

R10, thank you for agreeing to speak with us. Interviews with you have been rare since your return from retirement. Why is that?
“The focus of AS Ripi is to win. Every minute of the day is spent on trying to improve the team and to find a way to win. There is no need for much talk in the press as all that matters in the end are the results on the pitch.”

Have you enjoyed your return to XT Serie A in the past 2+ years?
“No, because we have not won. Of course, any competitor enjoys the challenge of winning the league, the excitement of the matches, and the rivalries. But in the end, there are no medals for trying. You either win or you lose, there is no substitute for winning. We have not won the XT Scudetto since our return, so to be perfectly honest with you, there has been no joy.”

AS Ripi sit in 2nd place at the moment and fighting on all fronts. What are your thoughts on the season so far?
“The league is extremely competitive, more so than ever before. There are 7-8 teams that can still win the league, despite the current points gap. In this league, no lead is safe. Despite the serious injuries that have truly hurt us this season (Florenzi and Verdi), we have weathered the storm and are still in the races for the XT Scudetto and XT Coppa Italia.”

Speaking of injuries, what is the status of the AS Ripi infirmary?
“Not good honestly and it does not help that Immobile and Dzemaili are suspended. Rodriguez, Castan, Saponara, Laurini, and Florenzi are certain to be out this weekend. Quaison is battling muscle fatigue and will be a game time decision. But injuries are no excuse as we will field 11 men and honor the jersey.”

Thoughts on your winter mercato? You have certainly been active.
“We are always active in the market. We have contacted several sporting directors for potential deals, but most of them have chosen not to answer our calls. If a DS chooses not to deal with us, there is not much that can be done. The signings of Pellegrini and Gagliardini were very important as we brought in youth, quality, and much needed depth in midfield. We hope Moretti and Laurini are able to lend a hand in defense as we wait for players to recover.”

Who is the team to beat in XT Serie A?
“I would love to say us (laughs)!! But looking at teams from top to bottom, certainly Il Luogotenente is the strongest on paper and he is in 1st place. There are no weaknesses and his team has the depth to withstand any injuries or suspensions. Anomander Rake and ToniSamp have been the surprises this season and can certainly win it. DelPiero107 is the defending champion and he is always competitive, along with Demandred. The surprise is Rossonero3’s position in the standings, but I believe he will still find a way into the Top 5 when all is said and done.”
ToniSamp likes this.

XT Champions League (2): 2009, 2010
XT Serie A Scudetto (7): 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2017, 2018
XT Coppa Italia (5): 2008, 2011, 2012, 2017, 2018
XT Supercoppa Italiana (5): 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2017
XT Supercoppa Europa (1): 2010
XT Gala Manager of the Year (2): 2009, 2010

Repeat XT CL Titles - 2009, 2010
3 Consecutive XT Scudetti - 2008, 2009, 2010
11 Straight Victories - 2009

Last edited by Romanista10; January 26th, 2017 at 20:08.
post #166 of 170 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2017, 00:13
Forum Manager
Legend

AS Ripi crowned 2016/17 XT Italian Champions!

Just 4 days after clinching AS Ripi’s historic 6th XT Scudetto, La Gazzetta dello XT is pleased to provide readers with this exclude interview with Romanista10:

Signore R10, you have done it. AS Ripi are champions of XT Serie A once again. It has been a few days now, but has it really sunk in?

"It is hard to explain the emotional rollercoaster the club experienced this season. We knew going in that we were a strong team and capable to fight on all fronts. Without question, this was our best team entering the championship since my return from retirement and many picked us to win the league. It all seemed to be cursed losing our captain, Florenzi, for the season with an ACL tear. Then Verdi was lost for 3 months…Castan has been out seemingly all season…and now towards the finish line, Rodriguez and Pellegrini are injured. It is a credit to the depth of our roster that we could overcome the injuries."

Tell us about last weekend.

"There was tremendous pressure on us all weekend to win. When you are in 1st place and facing the last place team in the standings, there is simply no acceptable excuse for us to lose. We knew if we ended the season tied with Demandred, we lose the title via tiebreaker, which would be devastating. Things looked very bleak as we played a man down due to injuries and suspensions, then losing Immobile in the warm-ups with illness gave me the sense it simply was not meant to be."

When did you believe?

"We always believe we can win despite the odds. Just 2 weeks ago we only had 8 men on the pitch versus Andrey, but my men were warriors. To win 3-0 against those odds? Simply incredible. But last weekend was different. We felt a black cloud over us….then suddenly, Birsa scored late in the 2nd half and we felt the win coming. When Verdi scored, we thought we had done it but just 5 minutes later, we got word on the sidelines that the goal was ruled an own goal and honestly, hope of a victory was lost. We had to grind out a draw and hope for the best result in Demandred’s match. To be perfectly honest with you, I was already planning ahead for the final match next weekend."

But when did you believe in the title?

"We always believe in the title…always. We are the biggest club in the history of XT fantacalcio and we know who we are. Only trophies are acceptable here. Winning is expected, not hoped for."

When the whistle blew at San Siro and you realized Demandred had been defeated….can you explain the emotions?

"The boys were all watching in the locker room, but I was alone in my private office. I dropped to my knees in relief and exhaustion, but of course, happy! I also made a note reminding me to send a gift and “thank you” note to Josedin (laughs)."

It is probably too soon to ask you this, but this is your record sixth XT Scudetto victory, is it the sweetest?

"Wow. That would be like asking who my favorite child is, if I had children (laughs loudly)!! The first title in 2006 brought the most joy, of course, because it was something we had never done before. The greatest title was the 2008/09 season, clinched on the season’s last matchday on March 23, 2009….the historic comeback to snag the title from Andrey. However, this one is sweetest for one simple reason...after retirement, you never know if you can be what you once were. You feel some doubt, others make you feel old and that you are the past. It is a challenge to prove to all, especially yourself, that age has not caught up with you. And now, it can safely be said…it hasn’t (sly grin)."

Almost two weeks ago, AS Ripi won their 4th XT Coppa Italia, yet there were no celebrations, why?

"Winning the XT Coppa Italia, especially against a quality adversary like Rossonero3 in the Final, is a serious accomplishment. The road to even get to the Final (beating ToniSamp and DelPiero107) was something to be proud of. But this is AS Ripi and the XT Scudetto is the goal. We had to keep our focus and not waste energy celebrating when the ultimate prize was left to play for. Thankfully, we brought home the domestic double. After 5 years, it was long overdue (laughs)!!"

With everything now clinched, what about this weekend?

"This weekend is a celebration. Last season’s champion, Vecchia Signora FC, and this season’s champion face each other with no stress…just the joy of the game, calcio. DelPiero107 is a quality manager and has achieved great success the past few years. As always, it will be an honor to share the pitch with him."

What now for AS Ripi and Romanista10? Is a second retirement on the horizon?

"Not a chance. Winning never gets old and in my opinion, there is more winning left to do……"
ToniSamp likes this.

post #167 of 170 (permalink) Old November 7th, 2017, 20:09
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Milan
Angry

Johan ponders quitting.

Already after two rounds it seems clear. Juventus winning the scudetto is already at hand after Johan inherited a team with mostly Napoli players. With seven wins in a row the first round of this league started and Napoli lost their first points of the season. a brief respite then as this league didn't play during the weekdays so they could claim another win. fortunately that followed with a home game against Sassuolo, not even I could stop them there. Yet, now I bagged them a second draw and injured Ghoulam. I can only surmise that their season is soon over unless I quit.
post #168 of 170 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2017, 08:15
Rising Star

Teams: Inter, RBNY, USMNT, Italia
After 5 weeks into the season, Acqua Forte fans again are getting frustrated with the team and some of the coach’s tactics. Like last year, it comes after another strong battle against Vecchia Signora FC.

Last year it was Matchday 1 when fans got frustrated with coach, Alex M, leaving big signing De Rossi on the bench and costing a narrow victory in the beginning of the season. This year it is De Rossi to no surprise making the headlines one more time. This time De Rossi started; but it was his on field antics that are causing concern with the fans.

After being scoreless for most of the round, De Rossi was understandingly getting frustrated with his team. Needing goals and with both Lapadula and Petegna starting on the bench; De Rossi was seen pointing towards the technical area to get a striker on. Once Lapadula finally came in, things started to get heated and De Rossi was seen slapping teamate Lapadula on the face. Ref caught the images after a VAR review and sent De Rossi off.

Lapadula then scored the penalty but it was to no avail as Fantasy Manager Alex M left him behind Caicedo in the lineup. De Rossi will sit out the next two games, and it’s Gonalons who is favored to get the nod in those games. However, Rincon also pushes for a start after his clean sheet points during the Milan game.

During the post-game comments, Alex was asked his reasoning but blames staff manager Inzaghi for getting involved with his line up and substitutions. “I let Inzaghi make the first substitution and he picked Caicedo. I had Caicedo in the lineup just in case Lazio needed a late goal. With Lazio leading 1-0, I believe Inzaghi should have made a more defensive sub instead of putting another CF in.” Caicedo few minutes later was at fault causing a stoppage time Penalty that took away Strakosha’s clean sheet points.

Acqua Forte problems are not only seen on the field. After the De Rossi’s Red Card, images were found of him yelling to the coach on the sidelines. Just as shown in the avatar, De Rossi was pointing the finger to Alex on why didn't the team sign Insigne last year when he was available from Josedin. “ Ca**o, we need wingers!” are some of the words shouted by De Rossi’s mouth from the bench.

Only wingers on the team this year are Dias and Felipe Anderson, who Inzaghi seems to be hiding from Alex M this year. Dias had one good game providing an assist but somehow didn't feature at all last round.

There's a lot drama going on between the fans and the team. Last year it caused Acqua Forte to have the worst season in their short history finishing 2nd bottom of the table. Being mid-table after 5 weeks and with a game in hand to be finalized, some are saying things have improved this season. However faith can only tell if Match Day 5’s drama is a sign of worse things to come.
ToniSamp and Romanista10 like this.
post #169 of 170 (permalink) Old January 19th, 2018, 08:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

ToniZamp comments the first half of the season and the winter transfer campaign
I make the same question of the past season, are you going to sack the coach? "err... no".
The start of the season looked very promising thanks to three (pretty much four) wins in a row, then just 2 points in the remaining 7 games. And no goals! "yeah, but the coach could hardly do any better. Unfortunately we missed all our center forwards in most of those 7 games"
Yet, you haven't bought any center forward in the transfers window, at least up to now "No one among the ones who are available convinces me. Hopefully Zapata has overcome his physical problems (groin). Milik could finally be back in one month. Iemmello maybe sooner".
What about the new players. Is Deulofeu finally going to join you? "I hope so! If he joins the league he is going to join us, that for sure"
The other players you bought should be mostly for the bench "No, I don't think so. Benali could be a surprise for the ones who do not know him. He could easily overcome Joao Pedro in the hierarchies of the coach. Goldaniga replaced the always-injured Angella and is a precious option for the defense, in which Lyanco is often injured as well. Brlek could also be a surprise and we are short of center midfielders anyway, after selling three. Vanja Milinkovic Savic is a reserve for now instead".
Is your transfer campaign over? "No, we are looking for the fourth center midfielder"
Who is going to leave you in that case? "Probably Lyanco"
Romanista10 likes this.
post #170 of 170 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2018, 23:03
Forum Manager
Legend

AS Ripi repeats as XT Italian Champions!

La Gazzetta dello XT is pleased to provide readers with this exclude interview with Romanista10, just four days after clinching the 2017/18 XT Scudetto for AS Ripi.

Signore R10, here we are yet again, XT Italian Champions for the 7th time. What thoughts go through your mind after such an accomplishment?

"A tremendous sense of gratitude to my players as regardless of what purchases, transfer swaps, or line-ups are made, in the end, it comes down to the players on the pitch and performing. It has been said that if you want to be a great coach then acquire great players, so that is what this club tries to do.”

Despite all of your previous success, did you believe your club would be in this position yet again at season’s end?

”Every season we head into the league campaign confident that we will be able to fight on all fronts. When you have the greatest goalkeeper ever in Gianluigi Buffon and a pair of strikers like Ciro Immobile and Andrea Belotti, you always have a chance. Radja Nainggolan is the glue to our midfield and Alessandro Florenzi represents the joy and passion of AS Ripi. But the key to making the 4-3-1-2 work is Simone Verdi and his ascension in the attacking midfield role. I honestly believe our team was better last season on the 23 man roster level, but fantacalcio is unpredictable. We were fortunate to have an easier go of it now compared to last season."

AS Ripi was tied for first place or in first place every week of the season, which is incredible. What are your thoughts on the league overall?

"The league was more competitive than the standings show. Some fans forget that the first half of the season was neck and neck with Anomander Rake. I believe we were only a handful of points apart at the halfway point of the season. I think the fatigue of Mertens began to show in the latter part of the campaign and the injury to Lasagna certainly didn’t help them. Rossonero3 despite the loss of Salah continues to be a top 4 club year in and year out. He is definitely a title threat every season. Il Luogotenente, Demandred, and Andrey are also strong, but they sometimes struggle with their consistency. ToniSamp and Johan have good teams on paper and I expected them to be fighting for a top 4 position, but they have been very unlucky. AlexM411 and ilgenio are good managers who work hard week in and week out to compete. They need to find some magic in attack. It is hard to judge DelPiero107 and JOSEDIN based on the lack of activity, especially in the mercato sense. I have a feeling DP107 will return to the title picture next season.”

AS Ripi face Anomander Rake on April 21/22 in the XT Coppa Italia Final. You are trying for yet another domestic double and a 5th Coppa triumph. Despite clinching the league, can your team stay motivated?

"This weekend is a celebration in front of our fans. We face Il Luogotenente with no stress, just the joy of the game. But we will honor the league and play our best available XI. How can we not be motivated for the XT Coppa Italia Final? A trophy is on the line and it is the Roman Derby!! We haven’t forgotten the 79th minute goal of Milinkovic-Savic back in December to give us our only loss of the season……"

We asked this same question last season, but it must be asked again. What now for AS Ripi and Romanista10? Is a second retirement on the horizon?

”When the fire is out, I will retire and for good this time. But the fire still burns and there is more winning left to do……"

Last edited by Romanista10; April 12th, 2018 at 23:10.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in