House of France - Xtratime Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2016, 19:49 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Stade Rennais, Latvia.
House of France

Welcome to the French house for this Euro 2016.

Game thread will be located in our Euro 2016 forum. We need activity there. Tactics and others things can be discussed here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2016, 19:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

France - Cameroon
Stade de la Beaujoire, Nantes - 30/05/16 21H00

Starting with a game tonight. Griezmann not starting due to CL. Our defense is experienced, but not together.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2016, 17:12 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

France 3-2 Cameroon

Referee : L. Evans (WAL)
Goals : France : Matuidi (20), Giroud (41), Payet (90). Cameroun : Aboubakar (22), Choupo Moting (88).
Booking : France : Sagna (53), Evra (79). Cameroun : Eyong (33), Nyom (36).

France : Lloris (cap) - Sagna, Rami, Koscielny, Evra - Pogba (Sissoko 65), L. Diarra (Ngolo KantÚ 46), Matuidi - Coman (Cabaye 76), Giroud (Gignac 65), Payet. Coach : Didier Deschamps.

Cameroon : Ondoa - Nyom, Chedjou (Djetei 80), Teikeu, Oyongo - Salli (Choupo Moting 46), Eyong (Siani 46), Zoua, Mandjeck (Njie 70), Toko Ekambi (Kom 76) - Aboubakar (cap) (Abang 70). Coach : Hugo Broos.

Well, score line totally an example at our level : We can score, but we surely will concede if we do not fix our defense. Rami got exposed there.

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2016, 17:26 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Diarra out, subbed by Scnheiderlin. Deschamps is not really lucky with the injury. That + Benzema, Cantona on his back... Not really perfect to get ready on time.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2016, 17:29
Rising Star

Teams: FC Nantes, Chamois Niortais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobal klub View Post
Diarra out, subbed by Scnheiderlin.
can be a bad for a good
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2016, 19:50
Rising Star

^ I meant that I think that it's probably one of the best thing that could happen to France since Pogba and Matuidi don't defend well (Pogba can't defend at all, he doesn't even know where to be on the pitch as for now). Schneiderlin has maybe not the technique of Diarra but he is like a 3rd stopper and it is much needed (and he is actually good technically when confident). In theory, he protects the central pairing, he equilibrates the midfield doing the most of the defensive work and he's the one who can permit to Pogba to situate himself better on the pitch (for a better offensive and even defensive game from the latter). If everything is ok with him (physically and mentally), he should start imo. But if it's Cabaye it's not bad either. But Schneiderlin can resolve more problems imo.

Also, on the events that happened around the team, it can be a supplementary source of motivation for Deschamps and his players, to make "the sacred union". Deschamps likes the adversity, it feeds him. Italy 82 and 06 with the affairs and all...Deschamps it's the same. When was he great as a club (not exactly the same but still) coach : when playing Chelsea, Real...with Monaco.

Anyway it has to be the semi-finals. And if Schneiderlin (it happens often with the guys who are back from "nowhere") is alright it can even be a big plus. But that's already a plus to get the semis anyway. With a Diarra not really injured but diminished anyway (because what he did during some months was a bit extraordinary and he was losing momentum anyway) it would have been more complicated.

The chance of France is to not meet teams with young fast players upfront like England can have and no other really have except France. On the set-pieces against, I prefer to have Rami or Umtiti than Varane too.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2016, 17:01 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

France - Scotland
Stade Saint Symphorien, Metz - 04/6/16 21H00 - Tf1
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2016, 19:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2016, 19:54
Rising Star

^if it works like that, with KantÚ in the middle, good, and Deschamps should stick to it but for me the ideal would consist in having Schneiderlin in the middle, KantÚ on the right, and Pogba on the left like at Juve (with Coman right winger). Matuidi out in consequence. Matuidi-Evra has always been feeble defensively imo, on the right KantÚ could protect Sagna and attack a bit, and in the middle I think that there's more security with a Schneiderlin. That would be the best option imo as to protect the defense, to not be dominated at midfield by the best teams, and to see the best of Pogba. The most balanced (Pogba + Matuidi... I don't like...but we'll see, Matuidi must defend better...I doubt that he will be out of the 11...becoz he's always showing...)

Now that's the last friendly so we'll be able to conclude for a big part what will be the team that will play against Romania, so for the first match at least.

In all logic Schneiderlin should play in the second half (we'll see if he is into the stuff). But maybe not with Pogba anymore on the pitch.

/
Coman on the left obviously seems to be a little test.
^ most of all maybe to see the abilty of Pogba n Sagna at bringing crosses from the right.

Last edited by wm442433; June 4th, 2016 at 20:07.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2016, 20:17
Rising Star

No the picture is wrong, Coman plays on the right. But it is well Sagna who crossed for the Giroud's goal.
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2016, 20:50 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

3-0 at half time with Giroud scoring 2. Payet is everywhere.
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2016, 20:53
Rising Star

I thought that someone would have told Matuidi to stop playing like an inside left but it did not happen yet it seems. Not that Scotland is attacking much but when they do it's always through his zone.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2016, 17:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

The defensive role of our midfield will be decisive if we do not want our defense to get exposed too quickly.

So, KantÚ to start on friday then ?

Last edited by Fobal klub; June 5th, 2016 at 23:15. Reason: typo
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2016, 19:18
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobal klub View Post
The defensive role of our midfield will be decisive if we do not want our defense to get exposed to quickly.

So, KantÚ to start on friday then ?
Certainly. Deschamps said after the match that he'd like to have more friendlies to test more things but that there's no more friendlies...well, they seem to be ready and it will be with KantÚ in the middle at least for friday.

It's since the quarter-finals/ semis that, for my part, I doubt it's the best solution, not questionning the level of KantÚ in this position, but that's more about the position of Pogba, I think he is less efficient on the right (can still prove it wrong ofc)...and about Matuidi, I think that we see him much but not at defending (for me Matuidi is a/ the problem if does not defend better than that). Would be interesting to see KantÚ rm, Pogba lm with Cabaye or Schneid in the middle imo...but Albania it's the second match and thay have already caused troubles to the French team in the recent past and the last group game is against Switzerland, so I guess there's little chance to see Pogba changing from rm to lm now (can it be that there will be changes during the competition, independently of the question of the injuries, to see some new choice of men/tactics?).
That's the team. France will almost rely on KantÚ alone to protect the defence... upfront no problems, only solutions. Should be ok until the quarter-finals, up to the semis...
Only one midfielder who really defends as for what we have seen until now, I find it stressing, a bit.
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old June 9th, 2016, 06:56 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Game Thread in the Euro Section :

France - Romania
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2016, 11:24 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

France 2-1 Romania

Attendance : 80.000.
Referee : M. V. Kassai (HUN).
Goals : France : Giroud (57'), Payet (89'). Roumanie : Stancu (65 s.p.)
Booking : France : Giroud (68'). Roumanie : Chiriches (32'), Rat (45'), Popa (78').

France : Lloris (cap) - Sagna, Rami, Koscielny, Evra - Pogba (Martial 77'), Ngolo KantÚ, Matuidi - Griezmann (Coman 66'), Giroud, Payet (Sissoko 90'+2). Coach : Didier Deschamps.

Romania : Tatarusanu - Sapunaru, Chiriches (cap), Grigore, Rat - Popa (Torje 82'), Pintilii, Stanciu (Chipciu 72'), Hoban, Stancu - Andone (Alibec 61'). Coach : Anghel Iordanescu.
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2016, 11:58 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

The 20 first minutes were really difficult. France looked so nervous all the game, especially in the first half. Look like the ball was burning shoes.
We can thank that ball was saved on the line by Lloris but 0-1 down after such opening 20 min would have not been undeserved at all. Romania pushed with heart though and could not keep that pace for too long.
I do not know if players looked feverish under pressure or we lacked of official games and the agressivity that comes with it.

Defense looked feverish to say the least. Sagna not there in offense while Rami and Evra made Koscielny looks a good player. I know Evra stupid penalty and others mistakes are easier to notice but Rami was really scary in some of the balls he had to play. What can we expect with tougher opponents if the defense is not improving.

But the midfield did not help much the defense to stay confident. Pogba and Griezman should be carrying this team, Matuidi still look like and hyperactive child but with a Pogba/Matuidi/KantÚ we should wins all the duals. But last night the boss was Payet and not only because of this decisive shot in the money time.

Giroud scored again but you can expect him to get ball in depth and run like a sprinter. Imo he did ok with what he had to do.

Coman made a good sub entrance. Martial needed more time.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2016, 16:57
Roland Romeyer
Premier Player

Teams: Saint-Etienne
That Payet' goal

Teams I like: Slovan Bratislava (Slovakia), Pe˝arol (Uruguay), Chicago Fire (USA), Volgar Gazprom Astrakhan (Russia), Vannes (France), Dundee FC (Scotland), Arsenal (England) and Hammarby (Sweden).
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2016, 19:59
Rising Star

House of France

Quote:
Originally Posted by SÚrisay View Post
That Payet' goal

How come he only got good at 29 !?!?

( same with Vardi )

Last edited by TitoTata; June 14th, 2016 at 19:59. Reason: ed
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old June 15th, 2016, 11:57
FINOALLAFINE
World Class Player

Teams: JUVENTUS, AJAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoTata View Post
How come he only got good at 29 !?!?

( same with Vardi )
he's been awesome for years. Just world-class now cos getting the right stage to perform

"I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in