French football chiefs accused of discrimination - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2011, 06:14 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Stade Rennais, Latvia.
French football chiefs accused of discrimination

What the hell ? I highly doubt this is true, or this will be very sad...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2011, 06:16 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2011, 10:14
Xtratime Legend

Œuvres complètes de Fikret Smiljanić

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2011, 19:18 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

That story stinks.:rollani:

Apparantly it is because we breed players who are born in France from parents from others nationalities but finally choose the nation of their parents.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2011, 06:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

This is getting worse and worse...

Quote:
Dugarry criticises Thuram over race row comments
Controversy unsettles members of France’s 1998 World Cup winning squad

Christophe Dugarry took aim at Lilian Thuram on Wednesday, as the race row that has rocked French football began to unsettle the relationships between members of France’s 1998 World Cup-winning squad.

Dugarry, Thuram and current France coach Laurent Blanc played alongside each other in the team that lifted France’s first ever World Cup that year, but Dugarry felt compelled to speak out after Thuram criticised Blanc’s role in the quota affair.

“What annoys me about Lilian Thuram’s behaviour, especially when I see him go up against Laurent Blanc in such a manner, is the way he wants to pass himself off as the judge of the Supreme Court,” Dugarry told Infosport.

“I’ve always had the impression that he wants to give lessons in behaviour to everyone by saying that so-and-so has to do this and not that.

“Like with Patrice Evra, who almost had to be guillotined because he was the captain of France and he didn’t want to get off the bus (during France’s World Cup training strike last year).”

Dugarry also related a story about the night of France’s World Cup celebrations in July 1998.
“We have the cup and we’re taking photos of each other,” recalled Dugarry, who now works as a television pundit.

“And then I hear Lilian Thuram - and I’m not the only one, Franck Leboeuf (heard it) as well - say: ‘Come on, let’s get a photo with all the blacks.’

“And Franck Leboeuf gets up and says to him: ‘Lilian, what are you saying now? Imagine if we’d said, ‘Come on, let’s get a photo with all the whites.’ How would you have reacted?’

“Those are discriminatory words and at no point did we misinterpret them and at no point could we have imagined that Lilian Thuram was a fascist or a racist.”

The Mediapart website claimed last week that high-ranking French officials, including Blanc, discussed introducing a quota to restrict the number of dual-nationality players coming through their national training programmes.

National technical director (DTN) Francois Blaquart was subsequently suspended and both the French Football Federation (FFF) and the French sports ministry have launched investigations.

Blanc apologised after Mediapart on Saturday published a transcript of the meeting at which the quota plan was discussed, but Thuram told RTL on Monday: “I don’t think his apology was enough after what happened.”
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2011, 06:45
World Class Player

Teams: Arsenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobal klub View Post
That story stinks.:rollani:

Apparantly it is because we breed players who are born in France from parents from others nationalities but finally choose the nation of their parents.
FFF is full of shit.

What truly top players have chosen the nations of their parents birth over Les Blues?? Be it Algeria, Senegal, DR Congo, CIV, Tunisia, Mali etc virtually none have ever been able to convince top tier talent to abandon Les Blues.

Zidane, Makélelé and Vieira never gave any serious thought to representing Algeria, Congo and Senegal respectively. Among today's players be it Nasri, Benzema, Diarra, Evra, Sagna, Diaby, again none showed any interest in representing NT's of Algeria, Mali, Senegal or CIV.

I hardly see any players with a Caribbean back round abandoning Les Blues. Only players to look for options outside Les Blues are ones who could not make the grade i.e Meghni, Kanoute, Ben Khafallah etc etc etc. One bad WC and France is back to it's xenophobic best.

:rollani::rollani::rollani::rollani:

David "Rocky" Rocastle

"Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent." All the young players should understand this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2011, 19:45 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breve...vec-blanc.html

Interesting story about Griezmann being barred with the french clubs; Sochaux, Lyon, Auxerre, Saint-Etienne and Metz because he was too small at 13, while Sociedad opened the doors on the only time they scouted him...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2011, 19:59
Xtratime Elite

c'est du n'importe quoi.

I strictly have nothing to say but I want that comes out.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2011, 02:58
Xtratime Legend

That Griezmann could be an excellent player, watched him a few times.

Œuvres complètes de Fikret Smiljanić
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2011, 07:40 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Now WC98 members are fighting with each others like they all had irrefutably truth...

Then Zidane came down from a cloud and spoke the good word...
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2011, 07:44
Xtratime Elite

zidane will not speak. i don't think so.

I strictly have nothing to say but I want that comes out.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2011, 06:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Cheikh M'Bengue has choosen Senegal over France. He was playing with our U21.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in