Henry to Domenech before Romania "We get bored during your training..." - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2009, 09:51 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Stade Rennais, Latvia.
Henry to Domenech before Romania "We get bored during your training..."

"... we don't know how to play, where to situate, how we organise ourselves. We do not know what to do. We have no style. No guidelines. No identity. This is wrong"

Henry spoke the truth finally.
What Raymond will do ?
Will he marry Estelle again ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2009, 09:52 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2009, 09:54
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
lol how is this man still the manager of France?

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2009, 10:12 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

If players can't work with him anymore, he should be gone for a long time indeed. We need a true leader who will be respected. That's just plain ridiculous now.

How can we decently hope win in Serbia in such situation ? I believe our federation will say "there is now problem"

And at one point they were thinking about a duo Houllier-Boghossian.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2009, 10:15
Defunct
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Forza, Allez, Amunt
Boy, it's a good thing he said something right away. I mean we wouldn't want to waste several years on a useless coach

La Juve? Lasciamo perdere.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2009, 10:18 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Nah, i am sure we will stop struggling and qualify for the world cup 06. I am sure Zidane will come back.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2009, 10:40
Defunct
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Forza, Allez, Amunt
These are murky times, Fobal.

La Juve? Lasciamo perdere.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2009, 13:44
Legend

Teams: Arsenal/France
I am sure he would've said that 100 times. It's only this time the press picked it up

Zidane: The French Fabregas
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2009, 14:05 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Did not read Bobby Pirčs comments about Domenech : "He speaks too much. When you get out Domenech's causerie, you just got one idea in your head, throw yourself in the swimming pool"
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2009, 19:35
Xtratime Elite

c'est grave quand męme.

I strictly have nothing to say but I want that comes out.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2009, 19:41 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Clair, il est temps que les choses bougent.

As expected Domenech is doing like nothing happened :

Domenech: Atmosphere is great in France team

PARIS (AP) -Raymond Domenech said Monday that the atmosphere within his team was "great'' amid reports of tensions between the France coach and striker Thierry Henry ahead of a crucial World Cup qualifier against Serbia.

"The atmosphere is great,'' Domenech said in a video posted on the French football federation Web site. "With all the discussions and the debates we have, we manage to create an exceptional atmosphere.''

Domenech's comment were published a few hours after Le Parisien newspaper reported that Henry, France's all-time top scorer, had harshly criticized the France coach on the eve of last week's 1-1 home draw against Romania.

According to the newspaper, the Barcelona forward lashed out at Domenech in the presence of his teammates before last Friday's training. Without giving any source, Le Parisien said Henry accused Domenech of being unable to create a team identity.

"Coach, we also have something to tell you,'' Henry was quoted as having said. "And I'm speaking in the name of the group. We are bored at training. It has been 12 years that I'm a member of the France team and this is the first time I'm in such a situation. We don't know how to play, how to organize ourselves (in the field). We don't know what to do. We don't have a style of play, we have no idea or identity. Things are not going well.''

The French football federation refused to comment but said that Domenech and Henry were scheduled to appear at news conferences on Tuesday in Belgrade, where France will play against Serbia on Wednesday. France is second in Group 7, trailing leader Serbia by four points. The French need to win to stay in contention for first place.

Serbia's last two games are Romania at home and Lithuania away, while France hosts Austria and the Faeroe Islands.

"At the end of the day, this match in Belgrade is not decisive,'' Domenech said. "We can win, lose or draw, it will not change radically the remainder of the competition. We will still have two more games to play, so we have a chance.''

Domenech was also adamant his players will be unfazed by the hostile Serbian fans.

"The players are used to play in hostile atmospheres, they all play in the Champions League,'' Domenech said. "On the pitch, it will be 11 (players) against 11. That we play in Belgrade, at Stade de France or anywhere else doesn't matter.''

Henry scored in the 48th minute against Romania Saturday at Stade de France, but French defender Julien Escude slid in to intercept a cross seven minutes later and turned the ball past his own goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.

Under fire since France's Euro 2008 debacle -where his team was ousted in the first round in the group stages without winning a game- Domenech still has the backing of French football federation president Jean-Pierre Escalettes, who has already confirmed that the coach will keep his job even if the team has to go into the World Cup playoffs to qualify.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz0QRoKF2OJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in