Georgian Football Thread - Page 4 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 202 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2003, 02:57 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Well done Georgia

We had faith in your potential and your finally starting to deliver the goods. It is also good to see that a Croatian coach has led you to victory

Good luck for the rest of the qualifiers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 202 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2003, 07:38
Rookie

Teams: D.Tbilisi
Malxaz Asatiani is a pure Georgian name, i will try to explain it to you : georgian last names finish with:

dze
shvili
ni
ia
aia
va

this is the main ones(endings), which are very common, names like

arvela-dze
kemokli-dze
abrami-dze

ya-shvili - shvili means "son" 'jonson'
ergo-shvili
hrvat-shvili
shashia-shvili

gvelesiani
asatiani
axvediani
chabukiani

ketsbaia
magaria
gamaxaria
etkheberia

shartava
katsava
nanava

ok there goes a lesson for you, hopefuly you get the idea
post #63 of 202 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2003, 08:40
Rising Star

There's also an "ua" endings, like Guchua.

About the game, well... Ivo Susak is GENIOUS!!! In just one game he built SUPER team, he has beaten Gazzayev's(Russian coach) tactics 100-0, He has puted very young team on the field and even has left Arveldze out of team Also Kinkladze and putted the player wich playes in Lokomotive M'S reserves. And guess what, it was Atatiani, the scorer!

I said before that Ivo will take Georgian football forward! And he this was a MAJOR step forward.

By the way there will be bult a statue because of the victory. the players that has played against Russia will be on them

post #64 of 202 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2003, 07:54
Rookie

Teams: D.Tbilisi
the match in Russia is going to be SCREAMER:fero: , if you have looked around the stadium there were no RUSSIAN supporters anywhere, and lucky for them, they wouldn't have left Georgia with good memories, i even saw this russian guy who was sitting next to my friend bring a russian flag, but straight away hid it in the bag, and was clapping for Georgian Team
but what im worried about is the game in russia, there are so many Georgians in Russia, and they are mafiozas and gangsters, and believe me Georgians are going to go to the game no matter what , and then you should be able to see the greatest battles ever, russian skinheads and all their kiddy gangsters against the real gangsters, people who were brought up wrestling all day, and also with all the rest of the caucasians supporting us, its going to be realy bloody :fero: hopefuly the russians will go to yheir own stadium , maybe they have to put fence between the supporters, boca-river crowd trouble will be nothing compared to what to come, kgb has a lot of work to do...

if the match takes place , good luck to our lions, coz russians will do everything to intimidate us, and you know how our temper is :fero:
post #65 of 202 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2003, 21:54
Rising Star

I'm also very afraid of game in Russia.
Do you remember the game against Ireland in Moskow? 220 irish fans were beaten by russian skinheads, 40 of them were hospitalized.
The Russian "fans" were singing "no surrender to the IRA" and a number of neo-nazi groups attacked the Irish team coach and beat up fans in red square.
The russian fans also waved flags of the Unionist Volunteer Force, a terrOrist group that desires nothern Ireland to remain part of the UK and kills Irish for a living.

Russians don't even hate irish, but they hate georgians, just imagine what can happen in that game
I have a relative(georgian) living in Moskow who will go to watch that game and I am very afraid that something can happen to him.

The worst that can happen is: This :depress:

Last edited by tarkkailija; May 6th, 2003 at 21:57.
post #66 of 202 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2003, 19:39
Rising Star

It seems that Giorgi Lomaia will leave Loko this summer
post #67 of 202 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2003, 09:28
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Euro 2004 Qualifier Preview: Republic Of Ireland V Georgia
Ireland - Georgia | Latest News | Match Preview | News Archive

Damien Duff's knee injury could rule him out (Allsport)
06/10/2003. The Republic of Ireland take on Georgia at Lansdowne Road in the knowledge that a more convincing performance will be needed than the one they produced against Albania in Dublin last Saturday. Brian Kerr's team defeated the technically proficient Albanians 2-1 with a fortuitous own-goal by Adrian Aliaj two minutes into stoppage time. The result gave Kerr a winning home competitive debut, and a similar scoreline had given the Irish a win in Tbilisi on 29th March. So having begun their Group 10 programme with a couple of defeats under Mick McCarthy, the Republic now know that victories in their last three qualifiers will secure them a place in the finals in Portugal.

The Irish defeat of Albania, and Russia's draw with the Swiss at the weekend helped the Irish cause no end. They currently sit joint second on the same number of points (seven) as Russia, and two behind Switzerland, with all three countries having played five games. Switzerland entertain Albania on Wednesday, and host Ireland on 11th October in a game that could decide the winners of the group ?assuming the Irish can beat Russia in Dublin on 6th September.

Those permutations will be academic, however, if Georgia are not beaten on Wednesday. And Irish midfielder Matt Holland (poised to leave Ipswich for Portsmouth, though Spurs have made a late intervention) acknowledges that the Republic will have to raise their game to beat the Georgians.

"We obviously need to play better than we did against Albania, but three points are the most important thing. Georgia are a good side with talented footballers and they will make it difficult for us, there is no doubt about that.

"We must approach the game in the right manner, give the same amount of effort as we did on Saturday, hopefully play better and get three points.

"It is going to be a tough game. People expect us to roll over both Albania and Georgia, but that is just not the case. These are teams with good players and it is not that easy, so the most important thing is getting three points. There are no easy games at international level now."

Ireland's chances will be considerably enhanced if star winger Damien Duff is passed fit to play after limping out of the victory over Albania with a knee injury. Duff was unable to train on Monday, but is reportedly making progress and still has a chance of facing Georgia.

Kerr likes to give Duff a free role behind the two front men, with much of Ireland's creative play being channelled through the Blackburn Rovers player. So if Duff is ruled out by injury, Kerr will need to make changes. Millwall's Steven Reid is a possible replacement, with Lee Carsley or Gary Doherty also options. None of the three, however (especially the latter two) performs a similar role to that filled by Duff.

Although Georgia are bottom of the group, Ireland's assistant manager Chris Hughton says his players have been warned how difficult it will be to follow up the win over Albania with another against Georgia.

"First and foremost," said Hughton, "the thing you have to drive home to the players is the difficulty of the game. When we played the two away games in Georgia and Albania, my perception was that Georgia were the better of the two teams.

"They have a lot of quality in the side and if we look at their players who play worldwide, then they are playing at a higher level than a lot of the Albanian players.

"If we were not to do our job right, then they could gain in confidence and be an efficient outfit. If I look at all the qualifying groups then this is the tightest group."

The Georgia squad includes defender Kakhi Kaladze who played in the Champions League final for winners AC Milan, plus Rangers striker Shota Arveladze and Dundee defender Zurab Khizanishvili, who has become a target for Rangers.

However, the squad arrived in Dublin on Monday afternoon without four key players, leaving them just 18 from whom manager Ivo Suzak can select. Captain Giorgi Nemsadze of Dundee, Freiburg pair Levan Tskitishvili and Levan Kobiashvili, and Dinamo Tbilisi midfielder David Kvirkvelia are all ruled out by injury and didn't travel with the squad.

But Suzak believes pride and skill will get them over this Dublin hurdle. "We want to win," he said, "but I don't want to put any more pressure on the players that they go out with nothing but a win on their mind.

"The players will be mentally prepared to go out and match Ireland's fanaticism and if they do that, I will be happy, no matter what the result. We have some very good players and I think that we are better than our position in the group. We have four points, and I think we should have six."

Suzak confirmed that Arveladze will definitely start in attack, but he does not intend to name the rest of his team until one hour before kick off.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI:

Republic of Ireland: Given, Carr, Breen, Cunningham, O'Shea, Holland, Kinsella, Kilbane, Duff or Reid, Connolly, Keane.

soccerage

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #68 of 202 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2003, 12:30
Premier Player
Premier Player

Teams: Rangers
Ireland 0 Georgia 2 (Arveladze, Khizanishvili)

May 2005...
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henrik
Who would you like to see in the Parkhead hotseat next season?

In an ideal world we'd get Paul Le Guen, but i sense that he's destined for one of the top jobs
So true...

The League Flags coming home
post #69 of 202 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2003, 07:12
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Euro 2004 Qualifier Report: Spurs Pair Deliver Irish Victory
Ireland - Georgia | Latest News | News Archive

Robbie Keane got the vital second for Ireland (Getty Images)
06/11/2003. The Republic of Ireland's revival under manager Brian Kerr continued at Lansdowne Road Dublin tonight when Georgia were beaten 2-0. A headed goal by Gary Doherty after 43 minutes, and a second from his Spurs team-mate Robbie Keane in the 59th delivered a vital victory for the Irish, putting them clear in second place in Group 10 behind leaders Switzerland, who beat Albania 3-2.

Further Irish wins against the Swiss and the Russians will see them qualify for Portugal next summer. At the very leasst they will be eyeing a place in the play-offs now - a prospect that seemed remote after the Republic lost their first two games in the Group.

Kerr has turned round the team's fortunes, and this third win from his four competitive matches in charge was achieved quite comfortably.

Although missing the star quality of injured Damien Duff, the Irish could count on Keane to take a starring role. He set up a move that nearly put them ahead after just 10 minutes, receiving the ball back from a short corne, beating two defenders and crossing for Gary Breen to head it back across goal where Doherty flicked it on and John O'Shea conected with a downward header from six yards that was narrowly wide.

Ireland should have scored again on 18 minutes when Stephen Carr crossed from the right, Gary Doherty nodded down at the far post, but Kevin Kilbane blazed over the open goal.

But the Irish fans got their reward two minutes before half-time. Keane won a free-kick on the left, and when Kilbane curled the ball in, there was Doherty heading home inside the far post. The Spurs utility man had also scored in the reverse fixture in Tibilisi in March.

Keane doubled Ireland's advantage 13 minutes after the re-start with a trademark poacher's effort following Lee Carsley's chip over the defence. Keane took the ball adroitly on his chest before coolly angling past the helpless Georgi Lomaia in the Georgian goal.

Teams:
Republic of Ireland:
Shay Given, Steve Carr, Kenny Cunningham, Gary Breen, John O'Shea, Matthew Holland, Lee Carsley, Kevin Kilbane, Colin Healy (Mark Kinsella, 86), Robbie Keane, Gary Doherty (Alan Lee, 89)
Subs not used: Ian Harte, Steven Reid, Nick Colgan, David Connolly.

Georgia: Giorgi Lomaia, Otar Khizaneishvili, Zurab Khizanishvili, Kakha Kaladze, Alexander Amisulashvili, Givi Didava (Rati Aleksidze, 77), Alexander Rekhviashvili, Vladimir Burduli, Malkhaz Asatiani, Georgi Demetradze (Vitaly Daraselia, 61), Shota Arveladze
Subs: David Gvaramadze, David Siradze, Giorgi Shashiashvili, Lado Akhalaia

soccerage

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #70 of 202 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2003, 06:51
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Rangers may have to wait a couple of weeks before learning if they have secured the signature of Georgian defender Zurab Khizanishvili.

The 21-year-old had previously indicated that Ibrox was his preferred destination after coming to the end of his contract with Dundee.

But a spokesman for his agent told BBC Sport: "He is a very talented player and in a very strong position at this stage of his career.

"There are a number of clubs interested and he is taking his time to consider his options."

Newspaper reports have suggested over the weekend that Tottenham Hotspur are offering the Scottish Premier League's young player of the year twice what is so far available from Rangers.

Three English Premiership clubs, plus one from Portugal, are said to be interested in Khizanishvili.

A number of newspapers had claimed, in the lead up to Dundee's appearance in the Scottish Cup final against Rangers, that his move to Ibrox had already been agreed.

But his agent stressed: "That was silly and would have not been ethical in any case.

"Zura only stopped playing last Wednesday, when he turned out for his country.

"He has returned to Georgia on holiday and we will keep him informed of what is happening.

"We would hope to have concluded something within the next two weeks, but I can't be more definite than that."

post #71 of 202 (permalink) Old June 21st, 2003, 00:52
Rising Star

Teams: Dundee,Turkey
Zura is now going to Rangers after stating that he wants to be playing in the champions league next year.Iam a Dundee FC season ticket holder and have seen Khizanishvili enough to know he will go on to be a success at the highest level and i wish him the best of luck.We still have Nemsadze at our club and theres talk of Dundee signing Sajai.Goodluck for Georgias euro qaulifiers.

"welcome to hell"
post #72 of 202 (permalink) Old June 21st, 2003, 09:56
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Kinkladze To Leave Derby
Latest News | News Archive

Kinkladze's time at Derby is over (Allsport)
06/20/2003. Derby County's Georgian international Giorgi Kinkladze will be leaving the club after turning down the offer of a new contract.

New Rams manager George Burley said that Kinkladze ?whose existing contract expired on Tuesday ?was offered a "fantastic" deal in the context of Derby's serious financial plight.

But to Burley's disappointment the skilful former Manchester City midfielder, 29, has decided to bring the curtain down on his Pride Park sojourn.

He had originally joined the Rams on loan in November 1999 before finalising a ? million transfer from Dutch giants Ajax in April 2000.

Although Burley was keen to retain the services of Kinkladze, he said he only wanted players who would commit themselves to the club.

The manager is now running the rule over possible recruits to the Derby midfield..

soccerage

post #73 of 202 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2003, 06:41
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Meanwhile, Milan are set to offer Kakha Kaladze a new contract. The Georgian will put pen to paper on a new deal which will keep him at the club until 2008.

channel4

post #74 of 202 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2003, 01:18
Rising Star

Teams: OLYMPIAKOS L+P &Panionios,Benfica,Fener
I love Katsbaia.Great player at AEK,NEWCASTLE and ANORTHOSIS.
post #75 of 202 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2003, 21:18
Legend

Teams: Aalesunds FK & Crystal Palace
Group 10 Pld Pts
Switzerland 8 15
Russia 8 14
Republic of Ireland 8 11
Albania 8 8
Georgia 8 7

Clearly the most points of any of the teams that ended last, and can easily do better in the future. Only four points behind Ireland, and a very talented team. The sky is the limit.
post #76 of 202 (permalink) Old November 4th, 2003, 17:06
World Class Player

Teams: Fulham and Romania
Quote:
Originally posted by Orange
Clearly the most points of any of the teams that ended last...
And the least points for the team that finished first.

Play XPS! - Romanian League Prediction!
Join now!

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
post #77 of 202 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2004, 20:46
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Stade Rennais, Latvia.
Alain Giresse the french coach, will be the new Georgia NT coach
He was the former coach of PSG and Toulouse in France.

Quote:
Jusqu’à présent au chômage, Alain Giresse s’est mis d’accord avec les dirigeants géorgiens pour entraîner la sélection nationale. L’ancien entraîneur de Toulouse et du PSG succède à Ivo Susak, qui avait quitté son poste en août dernier.
post #78 of 202 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2004, 07:01
Legend

1. Dinamo_Tbilisi 22 15 5 2 49 - 8 50
2. WIT-Georgia 22 12 6 4 38 - 15 42
3. Sioni 22 11 7 4 31 - 18 40
-------------------------------------------------------
4. FC_Tbilisi 22 10 5 7 41 - 26 35
5. Lok 22 10 4 8 32 - 24 34
6. Dila 22 10 4 8 28 - 20 34
7. Torpedo 22 10 4 8 27 - 26 34
8. Dinamo_Batumi 22 10 2 10 26 - 28 32
9. Kolkheti 22 7 3 12 18 - 35 24
10. Mtskheta 22 6 2 14 25 - 55 20
11. Lazika 22 4 4 14 14 - 47 16
12. Mertskhali 22 2 4 16 18 - 45 10
post #79 of 202 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2004, 13:24
Legend

Georgia's squad for the friendly against Israel on the 27th of May:

Goalkeepers: Georgi Lomaia (Spartak Moscow), Zurab Mamaladze (Lokomotiv Tbilisi), Akaki Devadze (Spartak Lazika)

Defenders: Kakha Kaladze (AC Milan), Zurab Khizanishvili (Rangers), Otar Khizaneishvili (Dinamo Moscow), Alexander Amisulashvili (Dinamo Kiev), Givi Didava (Kocaelispor), Kakha Mjavanadze (Anzhi Makhachkala), Revaz Kemoklidze (FC Tbilisi), David Chichveishvili (Sioni Bolnisi)

Midfielders: Levan Kobiashvili (Schalke), Levan Tskitishvili (Freiburg), Malkhaz Asatiani (Lokomotiv Moscow), David Siradze (Union Berlin), David Mujiri (Sturm Graz), Vitali Daraselia (Alania Vladikavkaz), Zurab Mentesashvili (Skonto Riga)

Forwards: Alexander Iashvili (Freiburg), Mikheil Ashvetia (Lokomotiv Moscow), Rati Aleksidze (Rostov), Levan Gvazava (Alania Vladikavkaz)
post #80 of 202 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2004, 00:26
Rising Star

Teams: Hungary, Euskadi
Why the georgian team has really bad results recently?
Why they haven't qualified them to the wc or ec?

They are playing well, I saw them many times on TV.
They have very good players.
I don't understand.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in