Georgian Football Thread - Page 2 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 202 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2002, 03:42 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Thanks for the information Balanchini

You sure have a substantial knowledge of Georgian Football and im sure we will be hearing quite a lot from the players u mentioned in the near future

Keep up the good work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 202 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2002, 20:11
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Kaladze to become Ukrainian in kidnap protest

Tuesday 5th March 2002

AC Milan defender Kakha Kaladze has threatened to renounce his Georgian citizenship and play for Ukraine if his country's authorities do not secure the release of his brother, who was kidnapped nine months ago, before May 1.

"I feel hurt that almost every day my family and I hear from the government and the law-enforcement bodies that they are conducting full-scale investigations – and yet they have achieved nothing," the 24-year-old said.

Levan Kaladze was kidnapped in Tbilisi last May, but his whereabouts and the identity of his assailants remain unknown.

"It disgusts me that every conceivable high-ranking Georgian official considered it necessary to declare his personal participation in the investigation, but their involvement is nothing but populist fuss, just hot air spouted because they fear they will lose their jobs."

Kaladze has continued playing in Serie A, but he admits that he thinks about little but his missing brother. "Every day I wake up and I fall asleep thinking about nothing but Levan," he said on his official website.

"I don't know whether he is dead or alive. Every morning I ask God to let me see him again alive and smiling. It seems that God is the only body in which it is possible to hope and to which it is possible to appeal in today's Georgia."

Kaladze has won 31 caps for Georgia, but he feels that switching allegiance to Ukraine, where he spent two and a half seasons with Dynamo Kyiv, is the only way to register his protest at the Georgian authorities.

"Ukraine has become a second homeland for me,' he explained. "It was there that I became a top-level player with Dynamo.

"If my brother is not found by May 1, or if the law-enforcement bodies cannot prove that they are nearing a solution to the problem, then I will accept Ukrainian citizenship and play for Ukraine rather than Georgia in the future."

It remains doubtful, however, whether Fifa would sanction such a switch. Under present rules, once a player has represented a country, he cannot then turn out for another one.

"I will ask Fifa to make an exception," he said. "I am in an unbearable situation, and I hope they will stretch out a hand to me when I need their support."

source: onefootball

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #23 of 202 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2002, 21:04
Legend

Teams: Lazio - PAOK - BMG - Atleti - HJK - River - FAK
Nice thread!

I love Georgian footie and the Georgians are indeed underrated, but I doubt whether they can qualify. Their qualification group isn't easy, but very hard, with 2 world cup starters in it.
Georgians are classic underachievers and they lack that special extra you need to succeed on a high level. It's a psychological problem, I guess.

Balanchini, great site!!

post #24 of 202 (permalink) Old March 19th, 2002, 06:38
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Monday, March 18, 2002
Kidnap horror continues for Kaladzes

TBILISI, March 18 (Reuters) - The father of AC Milan player Kakha Kaladze has threatened to commit suicide if his younger son Levan is not released by kidnappers, a family friend said on Monday.
Frustrated by the lack of progress in efforts to find his missing son, Karlo Kaladze threatened to kill himself after meeting Georgia's Interior Minister on Monday, former Georgian basketball international Mikhail Korkia told local media.

Levan Kaladze, 21, was kidnapped in broad daylight in the Georgian capital of Tbilisi last May while on his way home from a medical school.

A ransom demand for $600,000 was made by his captors, who are believed to be from the remote Pankisi Gorge area of the country.

But, despite assurances from the police and Georgian government, no real progress has been made in his rescue.

Earlier this month, Kakha Kaladze threatened to revoke his Georgian citizenship and never to play for his country again if his brother was not released by the May 1 deadline.

'If my brother is not found by May 1 or if the authorities have not shown that they're close to a solution, I will accept Ukrainian citizenship and, in future, will play for Ukraine instead of Georgia,' Kakha Kaladze was quoted as saying in the Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport.

'Every day I wake up and think of nothing but my brother. I don't know if he is alive or dead and every day I ask God to bring him back alive and smiling,' the Milan defender said.

'It's disgusting that every Georgian official considered it necessary to declare his personal participation to help find him but their interest is nothing but populism.'

soccernet.com

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #25 of 202 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2002, 12:21
Legend

Teams: Australian Football, Italian Football
Georgia is currently leading South Africa 2-0 in a friendly after 61 mins

Was King Italy..
post #26 of 202 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2002, 12:27 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

64 mins gone
Georgia 2
South Africa 0

Even though this is a friendly this is a true indication of the potential that Georgian football has by beating a side that is going to the WC Im not sure of the lineups but nevertheless this is a step in the right direction for Georgia and hopefully they can hold on for the remaining 26 mins and pull off a surprise victory If i was Russian or Irish i wouldnt be too confident of progressing in their Euro 2004 group
post #27 of 202 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2002, 12:28
Legend

Georgia 2 - Levan Kobiashvili 12 pen, Georgi Demetradze 38
South-Africa 0
Red cards: Lesley Manyatela 22 (South-Africa

Still time for South Africa with 10 men

Was King Italy..
post #28 of 202 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2002, 12:29
Legend

Well I said there was still time

South Africa have pulled one back

2-1

Was King Italy..
post #29 of 202 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2002, 12:44
Legend

Rati Alexidze scores in the 82nd minute to probably finish South Africa off.

3-1

Was King Italy..
post #30 of 202 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2002, 12:46
Legend

Words astound me

4-1

Georgi Demetradze in the 86th

Was King Italy..
post #31 of 202 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2002, 12:47
Legend

By the way South Africa had Thabang Molefe sent off in the 50th minute.

They have been down to 9 men since.

Was King Italy..
post #32 of 202 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2002, 12:53
Legend

Truly amazing

Demetradze sent off 2 minutes after sealing the match for Georgia.

Was King Italy..
post #33 of 202 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2002, 13:00
Legend

And the full time score........4-1

Was King Italy..
post #34 of 202 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2002, 13:02
Legend

Thankyou for tuning in today for this friendly match. A good win for Georgia, and a bad loss for South Africa ahead of the World Cup. This has been a producion of the Xtratime East European company.

Ciao

Was King Italy..
post #35 of 202 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2002, 13:10 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Great call Adrian

I am convinced that you will have a successfull career in commentary

A great win by Georgia despite South Africa being down to 9 men. Georgian Football is becoming an emerging force and even though this is only a friendly who could have ever guessed a scoreline of 4-1 for Georgia Hopefully Georgia can repeat these sort of results in their Euro 2004 Qualifying group
post #36 of 202 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2002, 14:09
Legend

Teams: Lazio - PAOK - BMG - Atleti - HJK - River - FAK
TBILISI, March 27 (AFP) - South Africa's World Cup planning suffered a major setback here on Wednesday when they were crushed 4-1 by Georgia in the first ever meeting between the two sides.

To make matters worse for the South Africans, they ended the match with just nine men after having Leslie Manyathela and Kabant Molese sent-off.

The hosts seized the initiative right from the start of the friendly international at Tbilisi Dynamo Stadium and tested the visitors early on and it was no surprise when Georgia took the lead after just 12 minutes.

Midfielder Levan Kobiashvili, who plays with German Bundesliga side SC Freiburg, opened the scoring beating keeper Johannes Vonk from the penalty spot.

The spot-kick was awarded when Georgy Demetradze was brought down in the box.

Things got worse for South Africa when striker Manyathela became the first player sent off in the 27th minute when he fouled defender Alexander Amisulashvili.

In the 35th minute, Lokomotiv Moscow's striker Demetradze increased Georgia's lead, lobbing the ball into the net over Vonk after a piece of good individual work.

Fifteen minutes into the second-half, South Africa were reduced to nine men when defender Kabant Molese was also red-carded for a tackle from behind.

However, they managed to pull a goal back six minutes later when substitute Delron Buckley, who plays for German side FC Bochum, beat Georgian goalkeeper David Gvaramadze with a 25-metre shot.

The nine-man visiting side poured forward, searching for an equaliser, but failed to save the day as Georgia's late substitute Rati Alexidze restored his side's two-goal advantage firing home with a header in the 82nd minute.

Two minutes later, Demetradze netted his second goal of the match beating Vonk with a close range effort.
post #37 of 202 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2002, 15:33
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
congrats to our gruzian friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #38 of 202 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2002, 15:38
Balanchini

viola, the report you supplied is so much pro south african that its not funny , but i just agree with the word 'no suprise' that georgia took the lead.

report-
the georgian team with 7 regular national team players not participating in the team due to injuries and club commintments, including: kinkladze(derby) , gakhokidze(psv) arveladze(rangers) kaladze(ac milan) zura (dundee) arveladze(cologne) and captain nemsadze( dundee) , showed great character, and domination.

the georgians started positively with jamarauli and especially kobiashvili helping the team keep possession with aslo supplying some great touches for the forwards, and the presure was to much for the africans when the little georgian Deme was brought down in the box , which was a clear penalty , (apx-10th minute)

after the goal the africans started to run harder for the ball , but amazingly the technicality of the georgian team provided them to keep the possession , though africans had a chance in the 25 th minute, it was not a threat to goal kepper gvaramadze, but just before this, the african player Manayatela, was sent of after a horrific tackle, which left the georgian in the ground for some time, while kobiashvili was going physical with africans for such an unthought of tackle, with also Rexviashvili staying side to side with KOby , but fortunately (unfortunately ) the 'fight' didn't break out, and everything was settled.

then came the goal of the match in my opinion, with demetradze showing fast and technical skills to confuse the africans and scoring a magnicant goal not far from goal , this guy is so quick, unbelievable.

then came after the break, africans started positively fighting for evry kinfd of ball, and their determination paid of when some african dude tried a long distance shot, and it paid off, with gvaramadze cought suprised, but it was a good goal though .

then all the usual continued, georgians having better of the chances, 2 or three good once, ketsbaia's was a good one, also south africans showed some confidenc after the goal , but it seemed like they thought they wouldn't score another 2 goals against the better side, and that fraustration gave it away , when the african dude tackled realy bad that left the referee with no ohter choice but red, the player wasn't suprised himself, and left the pitch soon.

the chelsea striker elexidze scored with heAD just about 10 minutes remaining , which left georgians fuming in confidence and africans drying up , georgians had very good chances late on after the goal alexidze scored, and they indeed got one thanx to again Demetradze, who has been a 'pain in the ass' for the africans all game, and it was 4-1 by now, but the dissapointing meoment came on fife minutes to go when demetradze was sent of streight away , with many protests from players, he left in a BIG cheer from the fans who was the man who technicaly scored 3 goals, 2 himself and getting a penalty, and he secured his place in side for the EURO 2004.

very good game, and good debuts for young georgians from Dynamo and also alexidze.

the expectations are very high in georgia , they MUST QUALIFY, georgia hasn't lost a game with the new coach, and i have no doubt that georgia will be among the two in the group after the qualifications (E04) .

exelent performance and great night for fans.

no russia can stand in our way !
ireland might
---------
ireland
georgia
russia
albania
switz
----------
OK , WHO IS NEXT/???
post #39 of 202 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2002, 15:51
Balanchini

onefootball report

Onefootball report
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REPORT Georgia 4 South Africa 1

Wednesday 27th March 2002

South Africa suffered a major setback in their preparations for the World Cup finals when they lost 4-1 to Georgia in a friendly in Tbilisi. To make matters worse for the African side, they also saw Lesley Manyatela and Thabang Molefe shown red cards.

The emphatic result came as much of a surprise to victorious Georgia manager Alexander Chivadze as it did to the defeated South Africa boss Jomo Sono on his debut.

Chivadze had named an inexperienced line-up for the match with Dinamo Tbilisi teenage duo Alexander Amisulashvili and Lado Burduli making unexpected starts.

Georgia started the game at a quick tempo and were awarded a penalty after only ten minutes when Aaron Mokoena pushed Lokomotiv Moscow forward Giorgi Demetradze. Levan Kobiashvili duly stepped up to convert the spot-kick.

South Africa suffered a further blow just two minutes later when Manyatela was dismissed after a scuffle with the ubiquitous Demetradze.

Georgia took full advantage of the extra man after 33 minutes by doubling their lead when Demetradze chipped delightfully over visiting keeper Hans Vonk following good work by Temuri Ketsbaia.

The home side had further chances to extend their lead before the break but Iashvili twice missed from close range.

The second period began little better for South Africa when Molefe became their second player to be sent off following a tackle from behind.

South Africa surprisingly stirred themselves to pull a goal back on 69 minutes when substitute Delron Buckley, who plays for German side FC Bochum, beat Georgia goalkeeper David Gvaramadze with a speculative 25-metre shot.

Angry Georgia coach Chivadze immediately replaced Gvaramadze in goal with Giorgi Chanturia.

Any hopes of a South Africa comeback were extinguished in the closing stages when Georgia struck twice more. Demetradze provided Chelsea forward Rati Alexidze, on as a substitute, with a perfect cross to make it 3-1. Demetradze was then left one on one with Vonk to complete the scoring after 85 minutes.

Georgia: Gvaramadze (Chanturia 71), Kobiashvili, Shashiashvili, Rekhviashvili, Sajaia (Abramidze 77), Burduli (Kemoklidze 46) Amisulashvili, Jamarauli, Ketsbaia (Daraselia 46), Demetradze, Iashvili (Alexidze 81)

South Africa: Vonk, A Mokoena, Molefe, Carnell, Booth, Sibaya, Fortune (Buckley 46), Manyatela, B Mnquni, T Mokoena, Nomvete
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
post #40 of 202 (permalink) Old March 3rd, 2003, 17:53
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Arsenal of course
hi gentleman

Georgi Lomaia has been linked with a move to the Arsenal.how do you guys rate him?,i heard he's very talented and consistent.

cheers chaps

Di Stefano - the South American Wilshere!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in