Teams: In Immers we trust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 118 (permalink) Old June 28th, 2011, 20:11
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

GOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!!!

Midfielder Denni is the goal scorer. 0-1 for Valletta!!
post #83 of 118 (permalink) Old June 28th, 2011, 20:35
Xtratime Legend

GOOOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!! 0-2!!!!

Effiong!!

post #84 of 118 (permalink) Old June 28th, 2011, 20:56
Xtratime Legend

0-3!!!!
post #85 of 118 (permalink) Old June 28th, 2011, 21:19
Xtratime Legend

Easy win, should have been 0-5 or 0-6. Return should just be a formality.
post #86 of 118 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2011, 21:35
Xtratime Legend

Disappointing 0-1 loss at home (not really as they played in Paola) for Birkirkara against the Albanian team Vllaznia Shkodër.
post #87 of 118 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2011, 09:37
Star Player

Teams: RAFC, Leverkusen, Feyenoord, AEK Athens
are there any competition matches in the weekend of the 3th and 4th september or the 10th or 11th?

At the bottom, you see, we are not Homo-sapiens at all. Our core is madness. The prime directive is murder. What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous mother....ers in the jungle. -Stephen King
post #88 of 118 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2011, 16:24
Xtratime Legend

The BOV Premier League will start on Friday 19th August.
post #89 of 118 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2011, 08:35
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
The BOV Premier League will start on Friday 19th August.
Okay thanks, gonna look for some fixtures then =D

At the bottom, you see, we are not Homo-sapiens at all. Our core is madness. The prime directive is murder. What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous mother....ers in the jungle. -Stephen King
post #90 of 118 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2011, 15:09
Xtratime Legend

I'll let you know if I get the exact dates
post #91 of 118 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2011, 16:07
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
I'll let you know if I get the exact dates
thanks mate, Valletta FC seems a nice team

post #92 of 118 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2011, 18:55
Xtratime Legend

Mare Blu Cup
Valletta 3-0 Hamrun
Own Goal 4' ; Mifsud 21' ; Zammit 68'

post #93 of 118 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2011, 09:43
Star Player

Go valleta

post #94 of 118 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2011, 20:57
Xtratime Legend

Okay the schedule is out

10th
Birkirkara vs. Hibernians (17:00)
Valletta vs. Qormi (19:00)

11th
Tarxien Rainbows vs. Hamrun Spartans (17:00)
Floriana vs. Sliema Wanderers (19:00)

Both games on the 10th are interesting to watch, on Sunday only the 19:00 game is interesting.
post #95 of 118 (permalink) Old August 6th, 2011, 21:17
Star Player

and the 4th?

post #96 of 118 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2011, 16:00
Star Player

it is going to be one of these 2 on the 9th, the 10th I have my flight to catch and no games on the 4th :'(
St patrick vs Zejtun Corinthians
Dingli Swallows vs St andrews

post #97 of 118 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2011, 09:29
Xtratime Legend

Blughh on both games.. Lower league table sides.
post #98 of 118 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2011, 09:30
Xtratime Legend

Malta target pre-Croatia boost

With the Euro 2012 home qualifier against Croatia (September 2) around the corner, Malta will be aiming to enhance their match sharpness and morale when they take on the Central African Republic (CAR) in a friendly at the National Stadium tonight (kick-off 8.30 p.m.).

Given the scant information about CAR, the Maltese players are in the dark as to the actual strength of their impending opponents but this should not impede them from giving their all to produce a bold performance.

“This is the first game of the sea-son for the national team,” Buttigieg told reporters.

“At the moment we are preparing for our remaining Euro qualifiers which will take place in September and October, meaning that the national team will play five matches in two months.”

Buttigieg bemoaned the varying fitness levels of his players who reported back for training with the national squad last week.

“This is a delicate moment for the players,” Buttigieg said.

“They have just returned after a break but some of them, those with clubs who played in the Relegation Pool last season, had been almost inactive for four months as some others kept going throughout the summer.

“It’s difficult to prepare in these circumstances but that’s the way things are. I’m sure that the players will give their all in this friendly as well as in our remaining qualifiers.”

Malta are rooted to the bottom of qualifying Group F with no points after six successive defeats.

Buttigieg is hoping his players cut out the costly mistakes which marred Malta’s performances in recent years.

“Our preparations are always the same,” Buttigieg said.

“We want to build on the work we’ve done in the last two years. We’ve noticed that the team’s mistakes are repetitive and I hope that we can rectify this in our next matches.”

CAR may be something of an unknown proposition but, going by their position in the FIFA rankings, they have done a lot better than Malta lately.

While Les Fauves (the Wild Beasts), climbed two positions to 89th in the latest FIFA rankings, Malta slid 12 places to 173.

Buttigieg is not troubled by Malta’s freefall in the world list.

“I don’t pay much notice to those rankings,” he said.

“I think they are not perfect. The formula has changed . I remember Malta was once ranked 16th in Europe, in the same bracket as England at the time! Our priority is not to improve our ranking but to improve our football.”

Buttigieg is not expected to use this warm-up to experiment with new players and tactics but the presence of the uncapped Christian Caruana and the return of Trevor Cilia suggests that the coach may give them a chance to advance their claims for regular inclusion in future selections.

“For Christian Caruana, this is his first call-up to the squad,” Buttigieg said.

“We have been following his progress for a year. As this game is a friendly, it looks like a good occasion for him to play a part. We’re allowed to make six substitutions against CAR, one player will not be involved but we’ll see.”

Buttigieg has also been suffi-ciently impressed with the form and fitness of Cilia to award the Birkir-kara winger a recall.

“We always try to pick those players we think are in the best form,” Buttigieg said.

“Cilia had some difficulties with regards to injuries last season but he’s getting back to his best.”

The Malta coach also explained that, after talks with John Hut-chinson, it was mutually decided that the Australia-born midfielder should stay with his Chinese club Chengdu Blades as they have two competitive matches in a week.

In Hutchinson’s absence, Ryan Fenech, Jamie Pace and Gareth Sciberras are vying for the two central midfield slots.

Meanwhile, widespread reports of CAR’s difficulties to fly their players to Malta due to visa and logistical issues raised doubts as to whether this friendly would actually go ahead as planned.

At the time of writing, the information we had was that some 10 members of their squad were here with the rest expected to arrive today.

CAR have not participated in the last two World Cup qualifying competitions but they have entered the preliminary stages for the 2014 edition.

Malta formation (probable)
J. Haber/A. Hogg, J. Caruana, G. Sciberras, A. Agius, R. Fenech/J. Pace, D. Bogdanovic, A. Cohen, R. Briffa, M. Mifsud, A. Schembri, C. Failla/C. Mamo.
post #99 of 118 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2011, 16:48
Star Player

that does it, I am not going to the 2nd league games...

but malta plays at home the 6th september against Georgia

Guess what I am going to do

post #100 of 118 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2012, 18:04
Rookie

Teams: SSC Napoli
Valletta FC are the champions of the Maltese BOV Premier League 2011-2012

http://www.maltafootball.com/2012/04...mpions-201112/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in