Xtratime Community banner

FA Cup 3rd round - Burnley

1K views 57 replies 7 participants last post by  Durkos 
#1 ·
Well today is the day of the 3rd round draw, too be made at approximately 3pm.

We are number 14 in the draw.

So who would we like, a crap lower league team for a supposed easy passage through, a nice terrace to go and stand on would be nice :)

Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Newcastle or the scousers?

I would love us too draw Burton, even though there not actually through yet, we can't draw Forest because there out :howler:

#2 ·
I'm not fussed either way to be honest, I think a team like Derby needs to concentrate on the league more than the cup competetions now. I woudn't mind any team anyway, a game vs Chelsea would'nt go a miss, would bring in some money and also Mr Abramovich might be able to help us out :)

#3 ·
jimbo jones said:
I would love us too draw Burton, even though there not actually through yet, we can't draw Forest because there out :howler:
don't be too upset about the Forest defeat, u will play us agin next season, in League 1.

#4 ·
Durkos said:
I'm not fussed either way to be honest, I think a team like Derby needs to concentrate on the league more than the cup competetions now. I woudn't mind any team anyway, a game vs Chelsea would'nt go a miss, would bring in some money and also Mr Abramovich might be able to help us out :)
You say that, but we're in the same position as non league teams really, we need a good cup run to get some money in, do a Millwall and go all the way to the final, and it would be great for the club.

#5 ·
bartle said:
don't be too upset about the Forest defeat, u will play us agin next season, in League 1.
:yawn: You'll be in league 2 :D

#6 ·
bloody crap home draw against Burnley :( Nothing worse than getting a team out of your division, hopefully Burton get through and i can get get a ticket for there game against Man Utd :D

#8 ·
Burnley are one of the old B teams as well, last meeting in the FA cup 1999, they won 1-0 whilst in the 2nd division (league 1) and we were in the premiership :wallbang:

#9 ·
come On Burnley.

#10 ·
A very unattractive draw. It´s not what you expected... but I think you will win.

#11 ·
We beat Wigan last season, at home, and then got Fulham in round 4, something similar again would be nice.

#12 ·
I still remember that Fulham match at home, we should have won and we really battled at Craven Cottage, playing with 9 men for the last minutes of the match. That was the last time I saw Derby on TV and really with them in the Championship, the FA Cup is the only time I get to see them on American TV

#13 ·
The game at Craven Cottage was amazing, over 4000 Derby fans down there, made the most noise I've ever known us make away, great performance from the lads, I want another day like that, not losing to bloody Burnley at home.

#14 ·
If im being honest there, I think we got a nice draw, a home tie against Burnley, not on the greatest of runs at the moment, should be looking to winning this game

#15 ·
It's a good draw in terms of it's one we can win, but when a cup draw comes around, the last thing I want is someone out of our division, it's nice to have someone diferent to play.

#17 ·
I went to last time we played Burnley in the F.A Cup, it was bloody freezing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, besides the fact we played awful. I remember Jim smith had to leave early because he was on a scouting mission, to get Branko Strupar to Pride Park

#18 ·
No point making a seperate match thread, might as well use this one. After yesterday's performance, there's no way I'm spending more money on this game, save my money for Coventry away in a week or 2 :)

#19 ·
Derby County's on-loan striker Danny Graham will be absent from the side for Saturday's FA Cup third round clash with Burnley.

The 20-year-old has started the last four Coca-Cola Championship games but his club Middlesbrough have refused him permission to face the Clarets as they do not want him cup-tied.

Graham joined the Rams from Boro in November 2005 and has recently seen his deal extended to the end of January

It's gotta be 4-4-2 with Smith and Peschi up front now surely???? It's only FA Cup anyway, so we might as well just have a go.

#21 ·
I'd rather lose to Burnley on saturday and stay up, than have a good cup run and go down...so it's only the FA cup :)

#22 ·
I agree with the Jimbo, I think for the lower league clubs, I think promotion and relegation are higher prioties than the F.A Cup nowadays I'm afraid Neil

#23 ·
Still wouldn't mind getting through to the 4th round, and having antother trip away to a premiership club, it was brilliant at Fulham last season.

#25 ·
Exactly Neilos, I actually wouldn't mind Derby winning this one, but knowing Brown's wonderful mind he will put Pesch upfront on his own?

#26 ·
jimbo jones said:
I'd rather lose to Burnley on saturday and stay up, than have a good cup run and go down...so it's only the FA cup :)
you'll lose to Burnley on saturday and go down as well.
(come on jimbo, everyone is missing the great East Midland derby).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.