Top List of Greatest Chilean Footballers of All-Time - Page 2 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2013, 18:19
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Heroe.....I just sent a PM to Styg so that he may make the changes we need here in the next couple of days, this your thread should a sticky one real soon. Ya' hear ????

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2013, 01:12 Thread Starter
God of Beira Rio
Premier Player

Teams: Internacional do Porto Alegre and Universidad de Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by colocolo View Post
Heroe.....I just sent a PM to Styg so that he may make the changes we need here in the next couple of days, this your thread should a sticky one real soon. Ya' hear ????

Que bueno compañero.

NO SOUTH AMERICAN CLUB OWES A CUP TO ANY EUROPEAN PLAYER, THIS HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN!!!!!!

Ha, and by the way ... Excuse me for my wrong English.
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2013, 01:17 Thread Starter
God of Beira Rio
Premier Player

Which is better
The talent or career?

The best "deep-lying playmaker" in history chilean footbal, been David Pizarro (career) or Jose Luis Sierra (talent)?

NO SOUTH AMERICAN CLUB OWES A CUP TO ANY EUROPEAN PLAYER, THIS HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN!!!!!!

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2013, 11:53
Xtratime Elite

Pizarro AUN esta vigente, por lo tanto pienso que el cubrira ambas areas del futbol.

Since Pizarro continues playing, in a career MUCH longer than that of Sierra, I believe Pizarro will more than cover both the talent and span you are talking about.

post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2013, 20:17 Thread Starter
God of Beira Rio
Premier Player

Quote:
Dale Heroearaucano. Mas noticias ?????
Nothing, a month ago, I was very sure that Vidal was left-handed, even some media consignaban so, but apparently Vidal is ambidextrous but originally he used right foot.

post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2014, 03:41 Thread Starter
God of Beira Rio
Premier Player

Now I will include to Felipe Gutierrez (lefty distributor of play) because was considered in this season as the best player in the hollander league (the Eredivisie).

Source:
http://www.elgraficochile.cl/prensa-...03/172506.html

Last edited by Heroearaucano; May 11th, 2014 at 14:10.
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2014, 10:54
Xtratime Elite

Los tenemos por todo el mundo y jugando muy bien.

post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old June 2nd, 2014, 08:40 Thread Starter
God of Beira Rio
Premier Player

Quote:
Los tenemos por todo el mundo y jugando muy bien.
Charles Aranguiz también salió elegido como el mejor jugador de la liga gaucha en el estado de campo grande del Sur, donde los mejores equipos son Internacional de Porto Alegre y Gremio. Este torneo históricamente ha sido tomado muy enserio por estos equipos. En Brasil los torneos estaduales tiene mucho reconocimiento y valor.

Charles salió elegido el mejor jugador de aquel torneo y sólo lleva una temporada en Brasil.

Fuente:
http://www.emol.com/noticias/deporte...de-brasil.html

post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2016, 07:27 Thread Starter
God of Beira Rio
Premier Player

Jaime Pizarro, best player of Chile 1987-1992, champion of Copa Libertadores de América.
Polifuncional: DM , Left wing back, box to box, distributor of play and great goalscorer of long distance.

Last edited by Heroearaucano; July 11th, 2016 at 07:33.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2016, 08:38
D10S
Premier Player

Teams: Tatung FC, FC United, South China, Milan, Man Utd
Chile is like the 4th-7th best South American team ever... After Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay. (Along with Paraguay, Peru and Colombia).
Wonder so many players with "Historical Level"
Bet all Brazilian players are Universal Level until the likes of Edmundo, Marcelinho Carioca and Paulo Nunes.

Nulli Secundus in Oriente
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2016, 12:35
Xtratime Elite

You can learn a lot of Chile history by contacting Heroearaucano. He does'nt hang in here.

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2018, 13:46
Xtratime Elite

Time to ADD Alexis to the LIST if nothing else.....120 CAPS with the National Team . La ROJA de todos

Claudio se tranco en las 119 veces que ha jugado en la Seleccion.

post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2018, 14:48
Xtratime Elite

Top 5: Iván Zamorano encabeza el ránking de los chilenos más célebres de la historia del Inter de Milán

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2018, 17:58
Rookie

Heroearaucao, I have a lot of respect for you, so, if you could help, I would really appreciate it.

I'm doing some research about 1950's WC. And I have serius problems about finding the right position and quality for some players.

Yout did in the All Time Chile Squad thread from Dearman a rank of chilean players, simillar to this one. I needed help with 3 players.

Miguel Busquets, Osvaldo Sáez and Paco Molina.

Miguel Busquets: in your list he's showed as a defender, CB. In general I find him listed as a midfielder.
In 1950 he was a starter in all games. I assumed he was really a MF.
I don't know exactly Chile's system, but usually everybody played in 2-3-5 or WM.
Manuel Álvarez is a RB, so prablably Chile played in a WM with him on the right. Arturo Farías was problably the CB.
Against USA, Machuca was a starter, suggesting he was a LB. Busquets would be a DM in that system, no? Maybe in the shape of Zakariás, almost a stopper, but, still a DM.
In the first two games Roldán was the starter instead of Machuca. I thought that Busquets could be the LB in this case, since you put Roldán as a DM, even though Roldán is a lateral izquierdo in Wikipedia.
But than another number made me think: Busquets had 15 goals in his career. A big number for a LB. Wich suggested he was indeed a DM.

Osvaldo Sáez: he didn't even showed up in your list. Seemed to me that he was a creative midfielder. Fought for a spot with Carvallo, maybe. But I was thinking of him and Carvallo as a creative AM (an inside forward),and the Chile's NT reports of 1950 made me think Carvallo was used more like a half back. Interesting. Anyway, the thing is that he was way more used to play for the NT than Carvallo, who was a legend (that team of Catolica in 49 was magical). Why so? Because of the position? Carvallo a HB and Saez more an inside forward? Wiki speaks of Sáez as a "volante ofensivo". I think that's more an IF than a HB, no?

Paco Molina wasn't in 50 WC but was an interesting player too. He was a HB in your list and a read an interview where he said that he asked one of his managers to put him ahead on the field, and the managerd denied it, because he was a really good playmaker. When I read the interview I tought that he was a inside forward also, because was almost impossible for my mind to see a HB being the top scorer of the 1953 south american championship. He did seven goals in six games! But makes sense, the inside forward was practically a striker, play as a HB was more reasonable analysing what he said.

Oh, another one. Raimundo Infante. He was quite "low" in your strikers list. He's the second greatest scorer from Católica and I read stories about him, saying that he didn't even like soccer, and retired soon after 1956, he wasn't ever 30 years old, to study architecture. Do you really thing he's down there?

Anyway, can you and everybody else here help me, please? :-)

Thanks for the attention!

PS: you changed the position and the status of Atilio Cremaschi from your list the Chile's all time list. Why's that?
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2018, 04:40 Thread Starter
God of Beira Rio
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuizChip View Post
Heroearaucao, I have a lot of respect for you, so, if you could help, I would really appreciate it.

I'm doing some research about 1950's WC. And I have serius problems about finding the right position and quality for some players.

Yout did in the All Time Chile Squad thread from Dearman a rank of chilean players, simillar to this one. I needed help with 3 players.

Miguel Busquets, Osvaldo Sáez and Paco Molina.

Miguel Busquets: in your list he's showed as a defender, CB. In general I find him listed as a midfielder.
In 1950 he was a starter in all games. I assumed he was really a MF.
I don't know exactly Chile's system, but usually everybody played in 2-3-5 or WM.
Manuel Álvarez is a RB, so prablably Chile played in a WM with him on the right. Arturo Farías was problably the CB.
Against USA, Machuca was a starter, suggesting he was a LB. Busquets would be a DM in that system, no? Maybe in the shape of Zakariás, almost a stopper, but, still a DM.
In the first two games Roldán was the starter instead of Machuca. I thought that Busquets could be the LB in this case, since you put Roldán as a DM, even though Roldán is a lateral izquierdo in Wikipedia.
But than another number made me think: Busquets had 15 goals in his career. A big number for a LB. Wich suggested he was indeed a DM.

Osvaldo Sáez: he didn't even showed up in your list. Seemed to me that he was a creative midfielder. Fought for a spot with Carvallo, maybe. But I was thinking of him and Carvallo as a creative AM (an inside forward),and the Chile's NT reports of 1950 made me think Carvallo was used more like a half back. Interesting. Anyway, the thing is that he was way more used to play for the NT than Carvallo, who was a legend (that team of Catolica in 49 was magical). Why so? Because of the position? Carvallo a HB and Saez more an inside forward? Wiki speaks of Sáez as a "volante ofensivo". I think that's more an IF than a HB, no?

Paco Molina wasn't in 50 WC but was an interesting player too. He was a HB in your list and a read an interview where he said that he asked one of his managers to put him ahead on the field, and the managerd denied it, because he was a really good playmaker. When I read the interview I tought that he was a inside forward also, because was almost impossible for my mind to see a HB being the top scorer of the 1953 south american championship. He did seven goals in six games! But makes sense, the inside forward was practically a striker, play as a HB was more reasonable analysing what he said.

Oh, another one. Raimundo Infante. He was quite "low" in your strikers list. He's the second greatest scorer from Católica and I read stories about him, saying that he didn't even like soccer, and retired soon after 1956, he wasn't ever 30 years old, to study architecture. Do you really thing he's down there?

Anyway, can you and everybody else here help me, please? :-)

Thanks for the attention!

PS: you changed the position and the status of Atilio Cremaschi from your list the Chile's all time list. Why's that?
My friend, M. Busquets was side half in the South American Championship of 1945, and he was one of the two Chilean halfbacks in 1950 WC.
In 1951 Universidad of Chile Busquets was CB. This player had very good technique, distance distribution, coverage and shot, perfectly could be a fullback or libero today. Anyway, I'll move it to the classification as Exit Midfielder.

Fernando Roldán was polyfunctional, in the 1950 WC was CB, but in the Universidad Católica, was fullback on line of three. Even in the match against England, Fernando Roldán played as fullback and totally annulled to Stanley Matthews.

Regarding Osvaldo Sáez, I realize that you are absolutely right and I will enter my list.
Now, Carvallo was central halfs very similar to the exit midfielders distributor of play, but with a more offensive character (not so buscats). That style of player is the direct antecedent of the classic creative midfielder. In Chile they used shirt number 8, in Argentina (with a different process) they occupied shirt number 10.

While I write the answer to your messages, I solve the problem of the positions. You will understand that it is a difficult subject, because we are using concepts from different eras and styles. .

Recapitulating, to arrive at the notion of the classic creation flyer, we went through two tracks, the way from the Central Half or the route of the Left Insider.-

In the first path of the Centre half we have Carvallo.
In the second path of lefty insider we have Sáez and Paco Molina.

This conversation with you, makes me move the pieces, it might be better to place a Carvallo in the category of exit midfielder and Sáez and Molina as creative midfielders. Of all the forms, the three players can be cataloged like predecessors in the position of the classics South Americans Number 10s.

Regarding Infante, although he is a big player in the history of Chilean soccer, he made fewer goals than Ivo Basay, and the "hueso" had a very good professional career in France and Mexico. In less time, he was also Necaxa's second top scorer in one of the good times of the club.

Last edited by Heroearaucano; December 7th, 2018 at 05:39.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old December 7th, 2018, 05:39 Thread Starter
God of Beira Rio
Premier Player

Here a PD: You know that? the family Carvallo, Fernando Riera, Raimundo Infante and Manuel Pellegrini were university students, prepared, from the catholic school and almost all engineers? Even with Salah (also a professional) they share the same style of play that gave the first identity to Chilean football. The cradle of Chile's style of play was the Catholic University of 50s.

post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old August 25th, 2019, 23:48 Thread Starter
God of Beira Rio
Premier Player

Equipo ideal de Chile escogido por la Revista Estadio en 1974.

En el recuento se extrañan a Elías Figueroa, Carlos Reinoso y Rubén Marcos.

No nombra a Alberto Quintano ni a Francisco Valdés, que sin duda, hasta el día de hoy trascienden.

Tampoco nombra a David Arellano, ni Ulises Poirier, considerando quizás que ya estaban fallecidos.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in