The Soap Opera is over - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old October 23rd, 2002, 06:17 Thread Starter
Rising Star

The Soap Opera is over

and at the end the big names where put aside and a decision was made on who knows more about the countries soccer style and thus the Argentinan Ricardo Lavolpe was selected over Luis Felipe Scolari and Carlos Bianchi to take charge of Mexicos national team.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old October 23rd, 2002, 07:01
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
i wonder why they chose him over scolari??

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2002, 02:15 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Ultimatly I think they chose the chepest one, who also happens to be the one that knows the Mexican players the most... Scolari I belive wanted them to wait a couple of months untill he returned from his trip to Europe, it became ovious that although the job intrigued him due to the $$$$, his mind was on europe. Bianchi was another good canidate and my choice to be the man but I belive he wanted a little more (Remember Mexico is the highest paying job in the Western Hemisphere) and that just didnt float with the brass.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2002, 02:35 Thread Starter
Rising Star

LaVolpe has already addressed areas he thinks he would like to work on one of which is the psycology of the mexican palyer as he see's Mexicans as having a block from winning outside of Mexico...

He also stated what I have been hoping for since our WC Loss

"Comentó, "lo primero que voy a buscar es ser superiores en la Confederación Norte, Centroamericana y del Caribe, ganar a la selección de Estados Unidos (que eliminó a México en octavos de final en la Copa del Mundo Corea/Japón 2002) y luego buscar triunfar sobre Brasil, Italia, Inglaterra y Alemania".

transalation

"The first thing im going to look for is to be the superrior team in Conferation North, Central America and the Caribian, beat the United States (who eliminated Mexico from the last WC) and the look to beat Brasil, Italy, England and Germany...."

I really like that quote as it adresses our immediate need of giving our people something to be proud of again, we have lost our spot as a Giant in the Northern Confederation to the USA and frankly im tired of all these articles stating how after the WC performance the USA is the Rising Giant in North America, Although the United States did a wounderfull job in the WC I think those claims to be a little exagerated and its time to prove it... After we reclaim our spot on the top of our region AND ONLY AFTER can we go out and look to beat the rest of the world.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2002, 10:53
Rising Star

Good luck for Lavople. He knows much more about Mexican soccer that Scolari and Bianchi. Suerte de una Argentina.
Si se puede!!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2002, 21:18
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Good decision...The man is practically a Mexican and the best one to take over without a hitch..
Good Luck to him !!!!

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in