Mexico's next Coach - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2002, 02:42 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Mexico's next Coach

The Dicision has to be made with in two months...
There are three Known canidates and quite a couple we have yet to learn of... Apperantly the job is offering I belive 1.2 million a year or maybe even more if it's a big name that can bring results....

The known Canidates

Hugo Sanchez- He's been talking about it since Aguire quit the team but in just his second season as a Coach for the Pumas del UNAM, you have to ask yourself if he's ready to take the "TRI" to the next level.

Ricardo LaVolpe- Argentinan native, that made his name as a coach in the Mexican League. He has experience coaching and has done a good job with his teams in the Mexican league... But he has a reputation of treating his players badly and I dont Know if that will fly with the Prima-donna like players we have.

Carlos Bianchi- Another Argentinanan... This one has loads of experience and has won just about everywhere he's gone... Im leaning towards this guy but I still dont know who the Unknowns are.

other roumored canidates are

Louis Felipe Scolari

Johan Cruyff

Gus Hiddink

Héctor Cúper

César Luis Menotti

Then again there is always the possibility of

Manuel Lapuente

or even Javier Aguirre (with all the money problems Osuna is having)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2002, 05:09
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Mexico Job Interests Scolari
Latest News | Latest Transfer News | News Archive

Mexico would love it if Scolari brought the trophy north.
09/20/2002. Former national team coach of five time World Champions Brazil, Luiz Felipe Scolari, is interesetd in the head coaching vacancy in Mexico.

Javier Aguirre was whisked away to coach in La Liga after ther World Cup ended, and the Mexican federation is keen on signing an accomplished coach to replace him.

Scolari spoke with Mexican officials on Thursday but said no dollar amounts were discussed. Big Phil also mentioned that two other un-named countries had contacted him about his services.

soccerage

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2002, 12:59
Rising Star

Mexico's Coach

HUGO SANCHEZ HAS RESIGNED TO BE MEXICO'S NEXT COACH.
KNOW THERE ARE THREE FOREIGNERS AS CANDIDATES : LAVOLPE, BIANCHI AND SCOLARI

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old September 24th, 2002, 13:46
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
No need to have 2 threads with Xact subject ..... All in One .....

Sanchez is better-off stepping aside..He's a "minnow" in a pool of "barracudas"

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2002, 04:59 Thread Starter
Rising Star

The Decision will be made between Tuesday and Thursday of next week and I can hardly wait!!!

Final three canidates are

1) Ricardo Lavolpe

2) Carlos Bianchi

3) Luis Felipe Scholari

Personally I am leaning towards Carlos Bianchi.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old October 9th, 2002, 20:07
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Scolari Impresses In Mexico Interview
Latest News | News Archive

10/09/2002. Mexican soccer officials were impressed by former Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari after his interview for the national team job.

"There was a good chemistry and he left a pleasant impression. There are more points in his favour than there were before we spoke to him." said Mexican Football Federation president Alberto de la Torre.

soccerage

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2002, 02:59 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Mexican Press is begining to leak out with the story that Luis Felipe Scolari will take over the Mexican team.

From what I know the two Goals he has to meet are

1) Medal in the Olyimpic's

2) Finish in the final 8 in 2006

Mexico's current stars (Blanco, Borgetti, Arellano, and Perez) have about 1 More Cup left in them (all are in mid/late 20's and will be early to mid 30's for the next WC)

however the young corp looks promessing in (Marquez, Torrado, Brown and Morales... Bravo, Medina, Garcia, and De Nigris also look very promessing.)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2002, 04:52
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Thursday, October 10, 2002
No favourite for job as Mexico coach

MEXICO CITY, Oct 10 (Reuters) - The Mexican Football Federation (FMF) says there is no favourite among the three candidates - Luiz Felipe Scolari, Carlos Bianchi and Ricardo Lavolpe - for the vacant job as national team coach.
'There's no favourite,' said FMF president Alberto de la Torre after arriving at Mexico City airport on Wednesday.

FMF officials completed their meetings with the candidates when they interviewed Brazil's World Cup-winning coach Scolari in Miami on Tuesday.

Scolari resigned five weeks after Brazil's World Cup final win over Germany in June, saying he wanted to spend more time with his family.

Bianchi led Argentine club Boca Juniors to the Intercontinental Club Cup and two successive titles in the South American Libertadores Cup. He left at the end of last year and is without a club.

Lavolpe, the former Argentina goalkeeper, is a naturalised Mexican citizen and is one of his adopted country's most successful club coaches. He is in charge of Toluca, who lead the Apertura championship.

'One has a lot of experience in Mexican football (Lavolpe), the other has the advantage of being world champion (Scolari) and the other is a world champion at club level,' said de la Torre.

Some Brazilian media declared earlier on Wednesday that Scolari's appointment was a formality and depended merely on the coach reaching a financial agreement with the FMF.

Former Mexico and Real Madrid striker Hugo Sanchez - a bitter rival of Lavolpe - had been a fourth candidate but dropped out of the race last month, saying he wanted to concentrate on his job as coach of Mexico City side UNAM.

Mexico have been without a coach since the resignation of Javier Aguirre following the defeat by the U.S. in the second round of the World Cup.

soccernet

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2002, 12:26
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
I guess this is the weekend when the world will finally know !!!!

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2002, 04:28
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Scolari Set For Role At Arsenal
Latest News | News Archive

10/11/2002. Brazil's World Cup winning manager Luis Felipe Scolari has revealed that he may take up a role with Premiership champions Arsenal.

Scolari is currently out of work, although it widely considered to be the favourite to become Mexico's new boss.

The deal is likely to see Arsenal, who already have Brazilian midfielders Edu and Gilberto Silva at the club, benefit from 'Big Phil's' knowledge of South American football.

Scolari said: "Arsene Wenger has invited me personally in an official capacity.

"I am very honoured. I think this role will be very productive for both parties.

"Being close to Arsene means working with one of the greatest managers in the world and one day I, too, would like to manage a top Premiership side."

soccerage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in