Costa Rica or Mexico. Who is tops in this zone? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 21:35 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Costa Rica or Mexico. Who is tops in this zone?

I would say Mexico because they have been in so many World Cups. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2002, 22:33
Premier Player

Teams: Juventus
I'm from Costa Rica, and I have to say that Mexico is the best team in the are, for many things, their league, their managment, and the most important thing their pride!
Now, I would't say that Costa Rica is the second best, rigth now USA is better than us...
My rank of the are would be:

1- Mexico
2- USA
3- Costa Rica
4- Honduras
5- T & T

I want to remark that this is my rank at this moment, I can tell you that in couple of years, or maybe 3 years, USA can easy be best or maybe not...

Hasta Luego

Be aware... Juventus is comming back for what is ours!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2002, 01:49
Star Player

If we are talking about management, league etc, absolutedly Mexico is the best although is a little deceiving to think that Mexico has the best players and NT. Simply is like saying that Spain is the best team in Europe because it has the best league or club teams.

Mexican teams are loaded with South American players I would challenge anyone to tell me which team has as their best player a Mexican (and don't say Chivas) there might be a couple here and there but the vast majority have South Americans as their best players.

Look at America and Morelia there are at least 4 or 5 SA players starting for those teams at the key positions, Mexicans for the most parts are role players.

Mexican teams have is more money to buy better foreign players. Don't get me wrong there are some quality Mexican players but Mexico is nowhere near Argentina or Brazil in producing good players and IMO Uruguay, Colombia, Paraguay and Chile are ahead of them in that respect as well.

Now when you compare it with the other NT teams in the region I truly believe that Honduras and USA have almost as much quality talent, they might not have the depth that Mexico have but the best players in the US and Honduras are as good as the best players in Mexico. Costa Rica is just a tad behind but they are close enough to beat those teams in any given day like they demostrated during the WCQ. The rest of the countries way far back.

Based only on quality of players only
1) Mexico (because of depth)
2) Honduras
3) USA
4) Costa Rica
big gap
then the rest of teams

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2002, 15:23
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Mexico has by far the BEST league North of the Panama Canal..Without a doubt and probably better than 3 or 4 leagues in South AMerica included....
At the National level I like what Spectro posted and I agree with his thoughts in todays scenario.

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in