LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2002, 15:02 Thread Starter
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
T&T Nationals/News

Yorke aims to finish career at United

03 February 2002 (www.Teamtalk.com) --

Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke has revealed he wants to stay at Old Trafford until he retires after his move to Middlesbrough collapsed.
The Trinidad & Tobago international was set to sign for Boro after the two clubs had agreed a Ł6.2million fee for the former Aston Villa hitman. However, after Boro failed to match his reputed Ł58,000 per week wage demands, the deal broke down leaving boss Steve McClaren to search elsewhere to boost his strikeforce.

Yorke says he still believes he has a future at Old Trafford, despite currently being out of favour under manager Sir Alex Ferguson, saying it is "his dream" to finish his career at the club. He added that he still believes he can earn a new contract at the club and that he may get a fresh chance to impress when a new manager is brought in next season.

With regard to the breakdown of his move to Boro, Yorke insists he was not being greedy over his financial demands and that having grown up surrounded by poverty in the Caribbean, he "appreciates" the financial trappings that being a top-class footballer can offer.

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2002, 13:53 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

T&T's Blackman hospitalized after car crash

14 February 2002 (www.TEAMtalk.com) -

Trinidad & Tobago youth international Nkosi Blackman is hospitalised in Port of Spain after fracturing his skull in a car accident on Sunday.
Blackman, who had just returned from England where he was on trial with Manchester United and Middlesbrough, was unconscious in the Intensive Care Unit at San Fernando General Hospital in southern Trinidad after Sunday's crash, which also claimed the life of football player Lester Salick. Blackman was under heavy sedation for injuries which included a fractured skull and brain swelling.

Nkosi, who plays his club football for Joe Public, is one of the top prospects in Trinidadian football after his stand-out performance in the Under-17 World Cup. He was visited in the hospital by club owner and FIFA Vice-President Jack Warner on Wednesday.

Warner says he will pick up all the medical expenses for Blackman, including obtaining a CT scan that is available only in a few hospitals in Trinidad.

"If young sportsmen can see what Nkosi is going through, they will be more careful in the future," Warner told the Trinidad Guardian.

"The world does not end tomorrow, and sportsmen cannot have the same liberty as others, because their lifestyle depends on it. Life is important and footballers must be role models for others."

The accident occurred on Sunday as Blackman and his friends were returning from the annual Carnival parties that flourish on the Caribbean island. Nkosi's brother Nigel was at the wheel of the car that slammed into a electricity pole and also injured two more people.

Local police are investigating whether or not Nigel Blackman, 29, was at fault for the crash.

"We have been told that he is improving but still critical and our prayers and thoughts can only remain with him. We cannot say what would be the next step until we hear more about his condition," said T&T Federation president Oliver Camps, who visited Blackman along with national team coach Rene Simoes.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2002, 12:05 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Stern John's play-off prediction

19 February 2002 (www.TEAMtalk.com) -

New striker Stern John is confident that Birmingham City can secure a place in the end-of-season play-offs.
John, who scored on his Birmingham debut in the win over Barnsley last weekend, said: "I knew the Birmingham manager Steve Bruce and what I saw I liked. The team plays good football and hopefully I can continue scoring goals and we can get a place in the play-offs.

"I want to take Birmingham up. Steve Bruce has told me to go out and enjoy myself. If we continue to play as we can do there is little reason why we shouldn't get into the play-offs.

"My partnership with Geoff Horsfield will get better and I will lead from the front. I've settled in well. All the players can play so we have a good relationship.

"I was disappointed how things developed at Forest. My first season I began well then I had my knee injuries. I overcame that problem and began scoring goals again but it was unfortunate that they have this financial problem.

"But I am happy here and I hope I can continue to score goals for Birmingham City."

John has also reaffirmed that he is ready to put his international career with Trinidad and Tobago on hold so he can concentrate on Birmingham.

He added: "It is difficult. I have just joined a new club and I have to settle in. There is no major tournament for the next two years or so, so the young lads who are there should get a chance to play.

"I have already played for a long time and I hope they understand what is happening."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in