Jorge Vergara is a PIMP - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2009, 00:11 Thread Starter
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Jorge Vergara is a PIMP

The guy wants to act just like Steinbrenner...yet hes nothhing but a pimple in George's .

One copycat that because he has some money..he feels he can boss the world around....................He has no clue...:thmbdown:

Vergara...welcomed to the World....Its a lot bigger than Guadalajara...And you might have some say so there...but otherwise you are one arrogant imbecile with no say so everywhere else in this nice world of ours......

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2009, 00:40 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Guadalajara change coaches for second time in a fortnight

MEXICO CITY, April 16 (Reuters) -

Guadalajara named Francisco Ramirez as their new coach on Thursday, the second change at Mexico’s most popular club in a fortnight.

Ramirez, previously assistant to former Mexico coach Sven-Goran Eriksson, replaced Omar Arellano, who was fired on Wednesday after only three matches at the helm.

“He knows the players, he has the discipline we are looking for and he can exercise leadership over the players,” club president and owner Jorge Vergara told a news conference.

The change was announced three days before Guadalajara face arch-rivals America in the biggest fixture of the domestic season.

Arellano managed two draws and a defeat in his three games in charge before becoming the ninth coach to lose his job since Vergara bought the club in 2002.

Daniel Guzman, Hans Westerhof (twice), Xavier Azkargorta, Jose Manuel de la Torre, Benjamin Galindo, Eduardo de la Torre and Efrain Flores are the other coaches to have lost their jobs under Vergara.

Vergara, seen as a boastful upstart by the Mexican business establishment, said he would turn Guadalajara into the world’s biggest club when he bought it in 2002.

He also co-founded Chivas-USA to draw on the large Mexican community in Los Angeles and also owns Costa Rican club Saprissa.

Guadalajara have won one Mexican title since Vergara took over in a country where two separate championships are played each season.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2009, 10:18 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Magallon Downplays Vergara's Scolding

Goal.com

With a crazy week leading up to El Clasico, Chivas President Jorge Vergara had talks with the players. Chivas went on to win over America with a 1-0 score line, but Chivas defender Johnny Magallon doesn’t think the scolding inspired the win.

“We didn’t win because of (the scolding) this weekend. We won because of our work on the pitch. We managed everything well. It was an intense and good week,“ said Magallon. "What happened wasn’t going to impair what needed to worry about, which was the work on the pitch. We won because of those merits, because the guys made a great effort.”

Magallon didn’t think the squad merited a scolding by Vergara because results hadn’t been that bad.

“It was a complicated week. Sometimes the attention isn’t bad, but I also don’t think we had that bad of results. The scolding came, we accept it, but the team was calm, we never took the eye of the goal which was to be good on the pitch and to get the three points against America which we got in the end.”

The change of managers didn’t influence as much, noted Magallon.

“With Omar (Arellano), although it was three games, everything was carried out in the best way possible. Besides, he was a person with our complete confidence and I think that we’d have favorable results(with him as well). Those are decisions that are made. They don’t ask as, we only accept them. It was also a successful decision, I can say, because we got a victory and we’re relaxed with Paco (Ramirez).”

After the three points from the game against America, Chivas climbed to second place in Group 2 making qualification to the Liguilla possible.

“That’s what we wanted, to be in a position where we’d only really depend on ourselves. We know we have difficult games to still play, but we know that we have the capability to play intelligent games. The most important thing is that we have qualification in our hands.”

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:36 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

A ROYAL Pimp..that is !!! :dielaugh:

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old June 9th, 2009, 10:16 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Vergara Worried :dielaugh: Of El Tri

Goal.com
Jun 8, 2009

Jorge Vergara, in an interview with Mexican newspaper Mural, admitted to being worried because despite the arrival of Javier Aguirre the Tricolor has not been able to abandon the crisis that affected the team during Sven-Goran Eriksson’s tenure.

“I am, much like everyone else, very worried because changing the coach did not workout for the Tricolor,” said the Chivas president.

“We have to analyze this, I have to meet with the national team committee to see what happened, I know nothing of the game, I am not sure what happened but obviously the score indicates that something is being done wrong,” continued Vergara who was the main promoter in bringing in Erikson to the national team as well as the first to defend the Swede.

“Something is wrong; we are doing something very wrong when we can not play against a team that has many deficiencies,” lamented Vergara of Mexico’s 2-1 defeat against El Salvador at Cuscatlán stadium. Still, Vergara remains positive that qualification to South Africa can still be achieved.

“We can still qualify to the World Cup, as long as the mathematical possibilities are there, we have a chance.”

Despite being aware of the numerous problems that plague the Tricolor Vergara would not discuss any solutions until he meets with other members of the national team committee.

“Not until I sit down with the national team committee, to see what is going on, what is happening. We can not be losing against El Salvador or any other Central American team. We are worried and we need to figure out what to do,” concluded Vergara.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in