Official Transfer Rumor Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2006, 08:32 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Official Transfer Rumor Thread

Juve step up Suazo interest Tuesday 25 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus are setting their sights firmly on £10m-rated Cagliari hitman David Suazo, but face stiff competition from Manchester United, Inter and Roma.

The Honduras international has had a spectacular campaign with 20 goals, a new personal best and over half all those scored by the Sardinians this season.

He also converted the penalty and caused all sorts of problems for the Bianconeri defence during their 1-1 draw earlier this month.

The 26-year-old will definitely be leaving the Stadio Sant’Elia in the summer after seven years at the club and a bidding war is expected, so Juve want to get in early.

Reminiscent of George Weah for his power and pace, Suazo is valued at around £10m after this season and is of particular interest to Manchester United.

Other potential buyers include Inter and Roma in Serie A, while Paris Saint-Germain would like to bring him to France.

Suazo currently earns just £417,000 per season and will at least double his wages with a big money move.

Juve transfer guru Luciano Moggi is expected to give the Turin giants the upper hand in this race by offering Uruguayans Ruben Olivera and Marcelo Zalayeta as part of the deal.

channel4

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 06:18 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Marquez wanted by Milan Monday 1 May, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan and Chelsea are fighting it out on the transfer market for Barcelona’s Rafa Marquez, according to reports.

The Mexican international is understood to be hot on the wish lists of both clubs who are said to be willing to spend up to £7m for the player.

The Rossoneri like the look of the Central American who can play both in central defence and central midfield.

He would therefore provide cover for the San Siro giants at the back, but may also be used as an alternative for Andrea Pirlo in midfield.

The club have no natural replacement for Pirlo who sits in front of the defence and orchestrates the play from a deep midfield position.

It’s unclear at this stage whether either Marquez or Barcelona are pondering a separation at the end of this term.

channel4

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2006, 03:56 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Suazo denies transfer contact Thursday 4 May, 2006

Juventus, Inter and Manchester United have not made an approach for David Suazo, the Cagliari striker maintains.

The Honduran hotshot has been associated with the trio in recent months given his goal exploits in Italy this term.

Although honoured to have been associated with clubs of such stature, the forward insists he is unaware of what awaits him in the future.

“It will be my job to just take advantage of the most important opportunity that comes my way,” he told TgCom on Thursday.

“It is pleasing to see my name paired with clubs like Juventus, Inter and Manchester United, but I have not had a call from anyone.”

Suazo, a powerful, quick and technical attacker, is expected to be cashed in on in the summer after really catching the eye.

And he is clearly delighted that his many goals have been enough to keep the Sardinian side’s top-flight status intact.

“Having equalled the club record of 21 goals in a season which Gigi Riva holds was great,” he added. “It’s an important achievement.”

Suazo has amazingly scored more than half of his club’s 40 Serie A goals so far in the 2005-06 campaign.

channel4

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2006, 19:59
Rising Star

Teams: Olympiakos CFP, Santos, Brasil
hi there

the last few weeks Olympiakos has been trying to get Julio Cesar (Brazilian) from Tigres. What do you think of him?

Uruguayan (with Mexican passport) Nery Castillo is apparently the target for Chivas, Tigres, etc for quite some months now
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2006, 04:11 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Hands off Suazo, say Cagliari Friday 14 July, 2006

Cagliari President Massimo Cellino has told admirers of David Suazo to forget about making a bid for his services.

The Honduran international has been linked with a variety of clubs after his stunning campaign in Sardinia last term.

But despite reported interest from Milan and Manchester United amongst others, the club want to keep hold of their 22 Serie A goal hitman.

“If Suazo wants to leave then he must tell me straight away or his agent needs to quickly find a club who want to sign him,” the fiery chief stated.

“The player hasn’t told me that he is looking to move on but, more importantly, I have no intention of selling him.”

Meanwhile, the islanders have strengthened their defensive options for the 2006-07 campaign on Friday.

Portuguese stopper Jose' Vitor Moreira Semedo, born in 1985, has been netted from giants Sporting Lisbon.

channel4

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2006, 04:49 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Sevilla spark Suazo row Friday 21 July, 2006

Cagliari are threatening to report Spanish side Sevilla to FIFA for an alleged illegal approach for Honduran striker David Suazo.

Suazo was the brightest point in a poor season for the Sardinian side and the Isolani’s survival in Serie A owes much to his tally of 22 goals.

That impressive tally saw him score more goals than all of his teammates combined and he finished the season as the League’s third top scorer, only being bettered by Luca Toni and David Trezeguet.

Despite interest from a number of clubs, Cagliari President Massimo Cellino has always stated that the Black Panther wouldn’t leave the Sant’Elia unless a sizeable offer was tabled.

Recent reports that the UEFA Cup winners’ President Jose Maria Del Nido had made a deal with Suazo have caused the Rossoblu’s owner to consider an appeal to FIFA.

“If what I’ve been told is true, I’ll report Del Nido to FIFA,” fumed Cellino. “He never spoke to me and made an agreement with a player who is under contract."

Suazo joined Cagliari in 1999 and has made 182 appearances, finding the net 58 times.

The prolific 26-year-old’s future remains in the balance as a number of big clubs are said to be lining up bids.

Milan were thought to be at the head of the queue for the signature of the player they consider to be ‘the new George Weah’, but could now be set to miss out if the Spanish side can match the Sardinian’s asking price.

channel4

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2006, 04:14 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Suazo stays in Cagliari Monday 31 July, 2006

David Suazo looks set to renew his contract with Cagliari until 2010, according to reports.

The contract has not yet been signed, but it seems that a verbal agreement was reached between the 27-year-old forward and Cagliari President Massimo Cellino.

Cellino had guaranteed that Suazo would not leave the islanders this summer, refusing Milan’s offers for the striker, and for the moment that seems to be the case.

However, the Sardinian chief has reportedly told Suazo that if he were to receive an interesting offer from the Rossoneri outfit, he would be willing to let him go.

The Via Turati outfit are understood to have offered Cagliari Marcio Amoroso, along with a substantial cash offer, and Marco Borriello.

Cagliari Coach Marco Giampaolo would much prefer Pasquale Foggia, whom he trained in Ascoli and knows very well.

Suazo moved to the island in 1999 and has since scored 80 goals for his team, also playing four seasons in Serie B.

The Honduras-born striker has been a target for several major teams in the past years, including Juventus and Sevilla.

channel4

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2006, 03:18 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Cagliari confirm Suazo stay Thursday 3 August, 2006

David Suazo will stay at Cagliari after the club confirmed that they are in talks to extend his contract until 2010.

The Honduras hitman has been associated with a move after his 22 Serie A goals last term, but sporting director Oreste Cinquini insists he will still be wearing the Rossoblu shirt next term.

“There is no problem with the player and we are in total agreement with our captain, on all issues,” said Cinquini in a statement on the club’s website.

“Sometimes it takes longer to finalise details and put them on paper than reaching a verbal agreement.

“This doesn’t change things, though. Suazo is one of our players and will stay with us,” he continued.

“President [Massimo] Cellino promised it to our fans and he always keeps his word. Furthermore, we are sure David will sign a long-term contract with Cagliari.”

Suazo has been linked with the likes of Milan, Inter, Sevilla and Manchester United in recent weeks following his scoring exploits in the peninsula.

channel4

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2006, 07:18 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Suazo extends Cagliari deal Saturday 12 August, 2006

David Suazo was heavily linked with Milan and Manchester United, but he has extended his contract with Cagliari until 2010.

The Honduras international hitman impressed this season in Serie A with a club record 22 goals in 37 games.

This earned him a high profile and links with both Manchester United and Milan, but the £8m price-tag and his untested status in European competition seemed to put them off.

There was still interest, yet Suazo has opted to stay in Sardinia, extending his contract until June 30, 2010.

“There was pandemonium in the newspapers, but I never had any doubts over where I would be playing this year,” said Suazo.

“I have always remained relaxed and calm, so I spent the summer relaxing. I am staying at Cagliari and I’m very happy about that.”

It’s quite a coup for the club, who picked up the former Celano Olimpia forward in 1999, when he was just 19 years old.

Compared to George Weah amongst others, the pacey Suazo is now 26 and has scored 80 League goals between Serie A and B for the club in seven seasons.

channel4

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2006, 21:40
Rising Star

Teams: Mexico NT, Club America, Bayern Munchen
David Suazo linked for a Manchester United or Juventus deal?
That's great news for the Honduras national team and Concacaf as a whole. Honduras needs to re3turn to those days it used to give Mexico and USA a hard time. They will also help bring more credibility to Concacaf as a whole. Just last month Panama defeated Peru 0-2 in an away venue in Lima.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2006, 17:30
International

Teams: Wisla Krakow & Cleveland City Stars (USL-1)
I'venot read anything in the English papers about him moving to England

U.S. SOCCER - Don't Tread on Me
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2006, 05:46 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

21/09/2006 10.04

Milan After Barca Stars

The Rossoneri want Puyol and Marquez to reinforce their defence for next season.

Milan's defence has always been labelled as the team's weak point, considering the average age is well over the 30 mark.

Now, the Rossoneri are ready to rejuvenate the defensive department and the two players on top of their shortlist are the Barcelona defenders Puyol and Marquez.

It will not be an easy thing to lure these two players to Italy, but Berlusconi and Galliani want to bring to Milan high-profile defenders in order to strengthen the side.

They will have up till next summer in order to succeed in their intent, but if they fail the Rossoneri have already targeted Roma's Chivu and Mexes as possible alternatives.

goal.com

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2006, 04:09 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Mancini wants Cagliari's Suazo at Inter Milan
tribalfooball.com - December 20, 2006

Inter Milan coach Roberto Mancini is in talks with president Massimo Moratti about a move for Cagliari striker David Suazo.
Moratti is prepared to strengthen Mancini's squad in January and the coach's No1 target is Honduras international Suazo, with concerns remaining over the form and fitness of Adriano.

Cagliari president Massimo Cellino admitted this week he wouldn't stand in Suazo's way should a serious offer arrive, but refused to consider selling the forward during the winter market.

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old December 29th, 2006, 09:02 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Inter Milan president Moratti: Suazo a champion
tribalfooball.com - December 29, 2006

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has admitted they may shake-up the squad's attack - with his sights firmly set to prising David Suazo away from Cagliari.
Moratti said yesterday: "No team in the world can allow itself to have on it's bench Recoba, Cruz and Adriano as often what happens at Inter.

"Suazo is a champion, and if (Cagliari president Massimo) Cellino put him on the market, we would think about buying him."

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2007, 06:34 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Suazo shelves transfer talk Wednesday 3 January, 2007

Cagliari striker David Suazo has put the transfer rumours surrounding him to the back of his mind. “I’m just focusing on my club,” he stated.

The Honduran international has been linked with both Milan clubs, even if his agent expects him to remain in Sardinia until at least the end of the season.

“Sometimes I feel like a supermarket product,” admitted the 27-year-old.

“I admit that I am pleased to hear that prestigious clubs are mentioning my name, but at the moment the most important thing for me is to be at Cagliari’s disposal.

“We want to change our current situation and end this difficult moment.”

Cagliari are currently sixth from bottom and have earned just two victories so far, fuelling Massimo Cellino’s recent decision to fire Coach Marco Giampaolo and bring in Franco Colomba.

“We did not have a good start to the season,” explained the Rossoblu captain, who landed in Cagliari in 1999.

“We did not show any continuity in the first part of the campaign and we must all prove that we can do much better than this.

“Colomba is a positive person and has trust in this squad. We are at his disposal and must do our best.

“This is not the time to give up – when things get tough then a man must live to reach the objectives that lie ahead of him,” concluded Suazo.

channel4

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old January 17th, 2007, 05:51 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Reggina sell Leon to Genoa

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/jan16h.html

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old February 3rd, 2007, 05:37 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Suazo happy he stayed Friday 2 February, 2007

Cagliari striker David Suazo says he has no regrets about his decision to remain with the club during the January transfer window.

The Honduras international is contracted with the islanders until 2010, but had been paired with a move last month after Real Madrid showed a late interest.

“I am happy I stayed and now I want to focus on the rest of the season,” said Suazo, who netted 22 goals in 37 Serie A games last term.

“I am happy to be here and I trust this group. I am a professional and I have always given my all for the team.

“I am flattered to know that a club like Real Madrid is interested in me, but I am only thinking about Cagliari at present.”

Suazo, named as Serie A’s best foreign player last season, has admitted that market speculation may have distracted the struggling Rossoblu recently.

“We are professionals, but we are also men,” added the captain. “Now that the market is closed, we must only think about Cagliari's Serie A safety.”

Cagliari, who are currently seventh from bottom in the Serie A with 22 points, will visit Livorno on Saturday evening as they look to make up for last week’s home defeat against Reggina.

channel4

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2007, 04:38 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Cagliari open Suazo door Thursday 22 February, 2007

Cagliari chief Massimo Cellino has admitted that he could be tempted to sell star striker David Suazo at the end of the season.

The Honduran international is allegedly ready to leave the islanders and was recently linked with both Milan outfits, who have been impressed by his recent performances.

“I am glad I didn’t sell Suazo during the summer, although I know that staying at Cagliari was a sacrifice for him and to his ambitions,” explained Cellino.

“As a club we invested heavily in keeping a player like him and today I am very happy he is here. I don’t know what our situation would be if he had left us,” added the Rossoblu President.

“Now we have a written agreement with the player, allowing him to free himself whenever he wants to. If he decides to accept an important offer, I will let him go – I owe it to him.”

The player, who moved to Sardinia in 1999, is contracted until 2010 and the latest reports suggest that he might leave for something around £10m, with Inter his probable destination.

The Nerazzurri might offer players in exchange, as Cagliari are interested in Marco Andreolli as well as Ibrahimic Maaroufi and Sebastian Ribas, who could land in Sardinia on loan.

Cagliari are currently seventh from bottom with 23 points, only six clear of the drop zone, and will host Lazio at the Stadio Sant’Elia on Sunday.

channel4

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old March 3rd, 2007, 05:11 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Roma to keep Martinez Friday 2 March, 2007

Gilberto Martinez’s agent has revealed that his client will still be at Roma next season despite not yet making his debut for the club.

The Costa Rican stopper joined the Giallorossi on loan from Brescia in the summer, but his injury nightmare means that he has yet to appear for the capital city outfit.

However, agent Davide Lippi – son of World Cup winning boss Marcello – maintains that Roma are prepared to give him a chance to prove himself at the highest level.

“Roma and Brescia have already agreed that Martinez will remain in the Giallorosso shirt next season,” Lippi junior claimed.

“Gilberto is unhappy with how things are going, but he wants to really illustrate that he is a Roma player and in the end I think he’ll succeed.”

channel4

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2007, 04:03 Thread Starter
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Inter Milan agree Suazo fee with Cagliari
tribalfooball.com - March 05, 2007

Inter Milan have struck an agreement with Cagliari for star striker David Suazo.
Inter president Massimo Moratti has reached an agreement with Cagliari counterpart Massimo Cellino over a ?3.5 million fee for the Honduras international.

The deal is a clear sign that coach Roberto Mancini, a huge fan of Suazo, will be staying in charge at Inter next season.

Suazo is delighted with the agreement as it's been a long-time ambition to play for Inter and under Mancini.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in