O.K. So what's your prediction?

Here is mine.

USA
Mexico
Panama
Costa Rica
Guatemala
TNT

Well, maybe it is little hope and prediction but I'm staying with it. At least until January.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2004, 21:15
International

Teams: Wisla Krakow & Cleveland City Stars (USL-1)
USA
Mexico
Costa Rica
Panama
TNT
Guatemala

U.S. SOCCER - Don't Tread on Me
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2004, 21:28
BANNED!
Star Player

I believe that Panama will show some spunk, but in the end won't be able to produce wins at home to big sides or any results away from home, leaving them at the foot of the table. I will still be rooting them on, though, (unless they come to endanger the USA - which I doubt)

1) USA - The best team in this region, great talent, seem to be coming together as a team. Sometimes struggle in adverse away conditions, but should advance easily with great home results.

2) Mexico - Long the strongest team in this region, still seem to be coming to grasp being dethroned by the brave Americans. Have great individual talent, and an overwhelming home stadium in Azteca, so qualification should be fairly simple.

3) Costa Rica - Despite having somewhat struggles in the first phase of qualifiers, the Ticos are still strong and given the relatively weak group, they should achieve automatic promotion.

4) Guatemala - Guatemala's intimidating home should lead to many good home results, giving them a chance to advance to the play-offs on the back of the goals of Ruiz.

5) Trinidad & Tobago - I will not lie, my knowledge of the T&T is limited, but from what I've seen they have a strong core, but seem to struggle when players go out injured. Should fight Guatemala for the 4th spot.

6) Panama - The plucky Panamese are capable of pulling off an upset or two, but in the end lack the depth to create real problems for the big three.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2004, 15:13
Legend

1. USA: No doubt they are the best team.
2. Mexico: Too big for the other 4. Its a fact.
3. Costa Rica Experience and organization
4. Panamá: Speed and tough home pitch. but unexperienced in do it or die situations.
5. Trinidad y Tobago: Will get a couple of "favours" Concacaf Prez is Trinitarian.
6. Guatemala. Sorry but they dont have what it takes.

Certified thread killer - Best on the web.

No one ever says "It's only a game!" when their team is winning .

Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind. -Kipling
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old November 25th, 2004, 00:55
International

Teams: Wisla Krakow & Cleveland City Stars (USL-1)
Well, seems that the top three are pretty solidified in terms of peoples opinions. I have do agree that USA-Mexico-Costa Rica will be the top three. The battle for that fourth spot should prove to be interesting.

U.S. SOCCER - Don't Tread on Me
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old November 25th, 2004, 04:20
BANNED!
Star Player

Exactly right. Although in this crazy time of football, who knows?

I doubt we'll see much of a shake up in the top two, and I stand by my first predictions, but I think that it wouldn't be that much of a suprise to see Guatemala, Panama, or the T&T advancing automatically. These sides lack the quality of the big three, but have enough pluck to pull out some big wins.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old November 25th, 2004, 05:13
BANNED!
Rookie

Teams: Brazil, and Barcelona
The top three are of no confusion:
USA- Ballers
Mexico- Not as ballers
Costa Rica- Even less ballers, but still ballers

And from there it is a toss up.
I think that Panama can give teams a run for their money, so we will just have to wait and see what happens.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old November 25th, 2004, 14:03
World Class Player

Teams: Internazionale
The top three don't even need an explanation, they are clearly the three most talented teams in the CONCACAF. United States, Mexico and Costa Rica - in that specific order will go through to the next round.

My knowledge of such countries like Panama are limited, but I seriously feel it would be a tough task for them to go ahead of Guatemala and Trinidad; who to be fair, seem to be much more consistent IMO.

My list:

1-United States
2-Mexico
3-Costa Rica
4-Trinidad and Tobago
5-Guatemala
6-Panama

Nulla č impossibile per questa Inter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in