Mexico - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2003, 00:11 Thread Starter
Legend

Mexico

Is this a Mexican Forum?
If so please change the name of it

Certified thread killer - Best on the web.

No one ever says "It's only a game!" when their team is winning .

Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind. -Kipling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old March 20th, 2003, 09:56
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Mexico 2, Bolivia 0

March 20, 2003

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Pavel Pardo and Jesus Olalde each scored a goal to lead Mexico past Bolivia 2-0 in an international exhibition match at Texas Stadium on Wednesday night.

Pardo scored Mexico's first goal in the 31st minute of the game off a free kick. Pardo passed the ball to Ramon Morales, who tapped the ball back. Pardo, streaking toward the goal, knocked the ball into the left corner of the goal from about five yards away.

Olalde added another goal in the 72nd minute off Jared Borgueti's assist when he fired a shot from just inside the penalty box into the right corner of the goal.

The majority of the game was played on the Bolivian side, as Mexico had the first 11 shots of the game, including five shots on goal.

Mexico outshot Bolivia 22-9.

Bolivia's best opportunity to score came in the 81st minute when Mexican goalkeeper Adolfo Rios came out of the box, leaving an open goal for Wilson Escalante. Mexican defender Octavio Valdez deflected Escalante's shot away from the goal to preserve Mexico's shutout.

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2003, 05:15
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Real Madrid to open soccer schools in Mexico, China

MADRID -- Real Madrid will soon open football academies in Mexico and Beijing -- the first time the club has gone out of Spain.

Florentino Perez promised to open a series of Real Madrid schools around the world as part of his successful presidential campaign in 2000.

The club announced its intention to open the first such academy in Mexico last year and it now appears ready to continue its expansion into Asia.

"Florentino made the promise and now we're close to opening the schools in China and Mexico," Real's sporting director Jorge Valdano told As newspaper on Monday.

"The kids will wear Real Madrid kit, will play in the style of Real Madrid and will receive instruction from Real Madrid staff."

soccernet

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2003, 17:59
Star Player

Puebla players return after walkout, coach leaves

MEXICO CITY, April 3 (Reuters) - The players at struggling Mexican club Puebla ended a walkout on Thursday after talks with the directors -- but the agreement prompted coach Hugo Fernandez to announce his resignation.

The players staged their protest on Tuesday after Fernandez barred Marco Capetillo and Joaquin Velazquez from training for indiscipline, then slapped a ban on Colombian midfielder Mauricio Serna and Argentine defender Roberto Trotta.

But Fernandez, who was in charge for only four matches, was himself packing his bags on Thursday after the directors agreed to reinstate the quartet and their team mates agreed to resume training.

"In this team, the players are in charge and I couldn't carry on if these four were allowed to continue," the Uruguayan coach said.

"For my dignity and principles, I wouldn't change my decision," added Fernandez, who replaced Victor Manuel Vucetich one month ago.

Puebla, 19th in the qualifying stage of the Clausura championship, were the second Mexican club to be hit by a players walkout in less than one month.

Players at Cruz Azul also staged a walkout when directors fired the entire squad and then offered to rehire the players on performance-based contracts in which they would be paid according to the number of points the team won.

The players initially refused the terms, forcing the club to field a reserve team in two matches. Since then, all but the club's four foreign players have agreed to rejoin.

The incidents are seen as typical of Mexican soccer, where directors are often criticised for their heavy-handed treatment of the players and where many transfers are settled at the so-called annual "Legs Market" in Acapulco in which clubs trade players around without their consent.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in