Greece is Heaven of Match Fixing, Exclusive, German Reff speaks out! - Xtratime Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2007, 14:00 Thread Starter
Premier Player
 
GiannisAEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
Teams: AEK Athens, Montreal Impact, Greek NT, Canadian NT
Posts: 2,273
Greece is Heaven of Match Fixing, Exclusive, German Reff speaks out!

Look at the names. Anyone surprised???
Quote:
Robert Hoyzer: Greece Is Heaven Of Match-Fixing
In an exclusive interview from his jail cell .the magazine supplement of the tuesday edition of the Greek daily “Kathimerini”, Robert Hoyzer, the German referee whose career came to an abrupt end after he was accused of taking part in a match-fixing ring, talked about the corruption in Greek football on furlough from his jail term (he was sentenced to 2 years and 5 months.)

Hoyzer confirmed that Mr Socratis Kokkalis President of Olympiakos is the link between the Croatian organized crime, which was behind the match-fixing scandal in Greece. And it does truly exist and that it was he who nicknamed Hoyzer Roudini after magician Houdini for the way he officiated the matches.

Says Hoyzer: “In Greece there is a powerful man in football’s fields. He has ties with international players. Ante (Sapina, one of the three Croatian brothers who orchestrated the ring) had relations with him. They were exchanging information for fixed matches in Greece and Germany. Ante met Mr Socratis Kokkalis through this man.

“I can confirm that they had constantly information for fixed games in Greece and made sure Olympiakos received the favours on and off the park .

“Once Ante revealed me that he (the Greek official) had made contracts with half of the Greek players that were in the national squad” he added to mention how powerful this man is.

“Greece is indeed a heaven for match-fixing. In Germany if you want to bet you have to give your full name. In Greece there is no limit in the money that you want bet” Hoyzer said.

The German ex-referee talked also about his life and how he has to start from the beginning.

“I sit in sackcloth and ashes. I would like to travel back two years ago to erase everything that happened to me so as to turn my back on these people.”

Until now none has been trialed or accused for match-fixing in Greece. All the important officials have downplayed all the allegations. Though no one has explained yet what actually did the Croatians in their visits to Greece and if it was happenchance that Ante Sapina was arrested after returning back from Thessalonica.

Michael Paterakis in Athens 20/2/07
Im sure the gavrakia will come up with some excuse. Also why would a ref fabricate this when he is already in jail???

AEKara OMADARA!
Sikose to gamimeno, den boro na perimeno!
GiannisAEK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2007, 14:04
Xtratime Legend
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Posts: 26,731
Although I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, nothing will come off it. Its Greece we're talking about.

However, it must be said that the true heaven for match fixing are the lower leagues.
AMOROSO! is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2007, 14:05
Star Player
 
george_acp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: Iraklio,Greece
Teams: Panathinaikos Parma Man.Utd.
Posts: 3,891
No surprise here.
We finally can confirm the obvious.
george_acp is offline  
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2007, 18:19
Forum Manager
Star Player
 
Icarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Toronto
Teams: HELLAS, AEK, Srbija, Ukraine
Posts: 2,767
It's like saying the earth is round.

The SOB ex-Stasi spy is the biggest cancer to Greek football EVER. I would say what I hope happens to him but I might be banned from the forums if I do.

To pio omorfo pragma sto kosmo einai na agapas tin AEK!
Det Vackraste i den har varlden, ar att alska AEK!
Самая прекрасная вещь на свете, это любить АЕК!
La plus belle chose dans le monde est l'amour pour l'AEK!
La cosa piu' bella nel' mondo e' di amare l'AEK!
Dünya'da en güzel şey, AEK aşkı.
A legszebb dolog a világon az AEK iránti imádat.
Icarus is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2007, 12:28
World Class Player
 
Est1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Teams: AEK Athens & Dirty Leeds
Posts: 7,751
Blog Entries: 3
Why do you think Olympiakos are so crap in Europe ????

05.04.00 - 05.04.09

9 years of hurt and pain.

An anniversary we never wanted, but one we'll never forget.


R.I.P boys.

"We're gunna stay with you forever"

NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET.
Est1975 is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2007, 16:38
Forum Manager
Star Player
 
Icarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Toronto
Teams: HELLAS, AEK, Srbija, Ukraine
Posts: 2,767
Because the money/infleunce of their owner cannot bail them out there. They harbour this myth that they are the class of Greece, but it is a falsity based on lies and cheating.

And when they go away from home they are like a fish out of water.

But their antics and cheating adversly affects other Greek clubs in Europe too.

To pio omorfo pragma sto kosmo einai na agapas tin AEK!
Det Vackraste i den har varlden, ar att alska AEK!
Самая прекрасная вещь на свете, это любить АЕК!
La plus belle chose dans le monde est l'amour pour l'AEK!
La cosa piu' bella nel' mondo e' di amare l'AEK!
Dünya'da en güzel şey, AEK aşkı.
A legszebb dolog a világon az AEK iránti imádat.
Icarus is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2007, 17:04
Star Player
 
george_acp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: Iraklio,Greece
Teams: Panathinaikos Parma Man.Utd.
Posts: 3,891
In the end nothing is going to happen here in Greece.Maybe Hoyzer take an extra ban in Germany but i bet Kokkalis won't be even called to a court.
george_acp is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old February 23rd, 2007, 17:34
Star Player
 
george_acp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: Iraklio,Greece
Teams: Panathinaikos Parma Man.Utd.
Posts: 3,891
Olympiacos announcement:
"Σε συνέχεια των ποινικών διώξεων που άσκησαν οι Εισαγγελείς Πλημμελειοδικών και Εφετών Αθηνών κατά του Προέδρου της ΠΑΕ και της ΚΑΕ Ολυμπιακός κ. Σ. Κόκκαλη για μια σειρά σοβαρών κατηγοριών εκδόθηκε το υπ΄αριθ. 3384/2006 αθωωτικό βούλευμα του Συμβουλίου Εφετών Αθηνών το οποίο είναι αμετάκλητο.

Επισημαίνεται ότι στο ανωτέρω ΑΘΩΩΤΙΚΟ βούλευμα του Συμβουλίου Εφετών Αθηνών κατέληξε η Ελληνική Δικαιοσύνη μετά από ενδελεχείς και αλλεπάλληλες έρευνες Ελλήνων δικαστικών λειτουργών και δεκάδων οργανισμών, κοινοβουλίων και δικαστηρίων όλων των βαθμίδων στην Ελλάδα, Γερμανία, Ελβετία και Ρωσία, οι οποίες διήρκεσαν πέραν των επτά ετών."

Tell me that you didn't expect this.
george_acp is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2007, 14:24
Star Player
 
Join Date: 02 2003
Posts: 2,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafadabeilo
Why do you think Olympiakos are so crap in Europe ????
Because they have no CL mentality. And because they have no competition in Greece. If the level of greek football was higher then Olympiakos would be used to hard matches. Nowdays they only need to beat the likes of Atromitos to win the championship.

Big in Greece, small in Europe:thmbdown:
Rauffmann is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2007, 16:44
Star Player
 
george_acp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: Iraklio,Greece
Teams: Panathinaikos Parma Man.Utd.
Posts: 3,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauffmann
Because they have no CL mentality. And because they have no competition in Greece. If the level of greek football was higher then Olympiakos would be used to hard matches. Nowdays they only need to beat the likes of Atromitos to win the championship.

Big in Greece, small in Europe:thmbdown:
Is this the reason??
Then why Panathinaikos and AEK always play more games than Olympiacos?
george_acp is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2007, 22:12 Thread Starter
Premier Player
 
GiannisAEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
Teams: AEK Athens, Montreal Impact, Greek NT, Canadian NT
Posts: 2,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauffmann
Because they have no CL mentality. And because they have no competition in Greece. If the level of greek football was higher then Olympiakos would be used to hard matches. Nowdays they only need to beat the likes of Atromitos to win the championship.

Big in Greece, small in Europe:thmbdown:
AEK & PAO tend to (and by tend to i mean always) do better than OSFP in europe.

AEKara OMADARA!
Sikose to gamimeno, den boro na perimeno!
GiannisAEK is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2007, 23:10
Xtratime Legend
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Posts: 26,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauffmann
Nowdays they only need to beat the likes of Atromitos to win the championship.
Well, they certainly cannot beat teams that are at Atromitos' level in Europe... see last year's Rosenborg...
AMOROSO! is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2007, 23:57
World Class Player
 
Est1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Teams: AEK Athens & Dirty Leeds
Posts: 7,751
Blog Entries: 3
Rauffman i think its clear that my point was reffering to the fact they are corrupt and cant do that in europe....ill pose another question, i always seem to hear the quote " olympiakos always get lucky or drag a result out", i alos know why that is.....give last years championship to AEK and hte oens before to whomever finished second...and throw them into Beta Ethniki

Olympiakos must have the CL mentality as they have been marginally succesful in previous years, but i think its nothing new, especially with the legal stuff when the stuff wiht Uefa/fifa kicked off last year....

come down hard ot any time found cheatin, if AEK are proven guilty, id be happy to take our pusnisment, but i know hwo will be...come down hard to keep some respect from other nations

05.04.00 - 05.04.09

9 years of hurt and pain.

An anniversary we never wanted, but one we'll never forget.


R.I.P boys.

"We're gunna stay with you forever"

NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET.
Est1975 is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2007, 03:34
Rising Star
 
NISSIOTIS-7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: Sydney
Teams: Olympiakos & Ellas.
Posts: 443
People seem to forget the state of our league is really crap look at Olympiako's standard of competition its no wonder we fail in Europe. Typical Alothrusko respones about being corrupt, dopes. Once upon a time at least we were competitive in Europe now we are real easy beats...when Olympiakos was competitive in the late 90s early 00s look at the AEK,PAO and PAOK teams compared to then, compared to now they too were MUCH BETTER sides.. and gave Olympiakos a challenge in the league,hence being better prepared for European competition. Back then it would've been normal to lose a few derbies a year now we hardly lose 1 a season. For Olympiakos to get better the rest have to get better PAO has no bragging rights anymore in Europe there last few campaigns to have been discusting.

10th March 1925
NISSIOTIS-7 is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2007, 12:08
Rising Star
 
NISSIOTIS-7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: Sydney
Teams: Olympiakos & Ellas.
Posts: 443
Panathinaikos has payed refs off in Europe to the point where they were sent to a European Cup final.

10th March 1925
NISSIOTIS-7 is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2007, 14:02
Star Player
 
george_acp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: Iraklio,Greece
Teams: Panathinaikos Parma Man.Utd.
Posts: 3,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by NISSIOTIS-7
Panathinaikos has payed refs off in Europe to the point where they were sent to a European Cup final.
What else will you tell??
The xounta and the 71.
All you gavrosupporters when you have nothing to tell and proove about the match fixing scandals that come every now and then you mention xounta.Do you have any FACTS?
But i know it's harsh seeing you rivals going so far in the European Cups.
george_acp is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2007, 14:54
Star Player
 
Join Date: 02 2003
Posts: 2,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covert
AEK & PAO tend to (and by tend to i mean always) do better than OSFP in europe.
It`s not that PAO and AEK did so well the last years in Europe. I think it`s the NO CL mentality thing i said. When they can`t beat Rosenborg or Sackhtar (sp?) then what can you say.
Rauffmann is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2007, 15:05
Star Player
 
Join Date: 02 2003
Posts: 2,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafadabeilo
Rauffman i think its clear that my point was reffering to the fact they are corrupt and cant do that in europe.
I don`t think Olympiakos`s problem is that the league is corrupted or not. They have the best team in Greece and they are the most consistent team throughout the season. Olympiakos got used to be a small team in Europe and they just keep going on with their pathetic dislpays every year.
Rauffmann is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2007, 16:55
World Class Player
 
Est1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Teams: AEK Athens & Dirty Leeds
Posts: 7,751
Blog Entries: 3
I believe thats open to debate to be honest...if Greece is so bad, why do olympiakos always do the worst out of hte greek teams ?...surely if it was so weak,theyd actaulyl score a decent amount of points and once in a while qualify

05.04.00 - 05.04.09

9 years of hurt and pain.

An anniversary we never wanted, but one we'll never forget.


R.I.P boys.

"We're gunna stay with you forever"

NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET.
Est1975 is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2007, 17:32
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Posts: 2,365
What has AEK and PAO did in Europe that is so different? Have they suceeded at all? All 3 teams have been complete shite in the CL. Just because one year one has a slighty better performance than the other means nothing. Olympiakos has also had good runs in the past years. This is a stupid argument for me.


And I would say the league probably is corrupt, but do not for one moment think PAO and AEK and any other teams are not just as corrupt. If you watch the protathlima week in and week out, you can clearly see big teams constantly being favored. Today you can point the finger to Kokkalis, because ONE site mentioned his name (no others did in their article), tomorrow it will be another and the day after another.
Christos7 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome