Cup Final: Olympiakos - AEK 3-0 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 21:13 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Cup Final: Olympiakos - AEK 3-0

It was a bad match in the first half, Olympiakos played a bit better in the second half, so we beat AEK once more this year. Neri Castillo's goal is a highlight.

This was the 22nd cup for Olympiakos and the 12th double in our history
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 21:45
Star Player

Teams: Panathinaikos Parma Man.Utd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoss
Neri Castillo's goal is a highlight.
So was Ivic's goal
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 22:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Al Ahly | F.C. Internazionale | AZ
Quote:
Neri Castillo's goal is a highlight.
Indeed it was. :eekani: Can somebody post a vid ?

Not only the fact that he dribbled his way past three AEK players, but also the build-up prior to the goal was top notch.

As you said, it was a pretty bad first half. The second half was played at a faster rhythm though.

too bad that Rivaldo missed the game... They showed his absolutely fabulous lob vs. AEK before the game started. I was in awe :eekani:

Congrats to Olympiakos.

ما أخذ بالقوة لا يسترد إلا بالقوة
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZZ View Post
lol hossam lol...i think your the coolest bro one of the few ppl i like in this world

now thats three rants lol

i love u bro. yr good people

Juventus were relegated to Serie B along with their reputation.
http://www.inter.it/en/news/46733

Last edited by Nerazzurri4life; May 10th, 2006 at 22:50.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 23:52
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerazzurri4life
too bad that Rivaldo missed the game... They showed his absolutely fabulous lob vs. AEK before the game started. I was in awe :eekani:
You must also see his goal in the final last year.
THAT was a GOAL!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 03:52
Premier Player

Teams: AEK Athens, Montreal Impact, Greek NT, Canadian NT
The better team lost today. If we had just 1 player that could finish, or one player that could cross, the game would have ended differently.

*On a side note Ivic was the best player on the pitch despite scoring that stupid OG. Quite a shame.

AEKara OMADARA!
Sikose to gamimeno, den boro na perimeno!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 08:18
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: HELLAS, AEK, Srbija, Ukraine
We could have won 2-0.

Anyhow pics....

To pio omorfo pragma sto kosmo einai na agapas tin AEK!
Det Vackraste i den har varlden, ar att alska AEK!
Самая прекрасная вещь на свете, это любить АЕК!
La plus belle chose dans le monde est l'amour pour l'AEK!
La cosa piu' bella nel' mondo e' di amare l'AEK!
Dünya'da en güzel şey, AEK aşkı.
A legszebb dolog a világon az AEK iránti imádat.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 08:21
Xtratime Legend

How funny do Rehhagel and Topalidis look with those scarves?

I didn't watch the match but 3-0 is quite a big score for a final... Was Castillo's goal really that good? Does anyone have a video of it?
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 09:34
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: HELLAS, AEK, Srbija, Ukraine
http://www.sport.gr/football/hellas0...10/osfaek3.asp

To pio omorfo pragma sto kosmo einai na agapas tin AEK!
Det Vackraste i den har varlden, ar att alska AEK!
Самая прекрасная вещь на свете, это любить АЕК!
La plus belle chose dans le monde est l'amour pour l'AEK!
La cosa piu' bella nel' mondo e' di amare l'AEK!
Dünya'da en güzel şey, AEK aşkı.
A legszebb dolog a világon az AEK iránti imádat.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 11:42
Star Player

Shame on the AEK fans that burned the ship.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2006, 15:17
Premier Player

Teams: AEK Athens, Montreal Impact, Greek NT, Canadian NT
Amo the score can be very deceiving. We played better for most of the match, yet they scored two gift goals. One off of crappy defending from Dellas (Why he played instead of our best defender Alexopoulos I don’t know), and the other off of terrible communication between Ivic and Sorrentino. Castillio came on late game when we were pushing forward and our defense was fairly exposed. Regardless he did score a world class goal.

If we bagged just one of our chances the scoreline would have been quite different.

AEKara OMADARA!
Sikose to gamimeno, den boro na perimeno!
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 02:05
Rising Star

Teams: Euro 2004 champs and AEK Athens
Quote:
Originally Posted by george_acp
Shame on the AEK fans that burned the ship.
Media reports suggested that AEK fans were angry at paying more for their passage on the ferry than Olympiakos fans.

[SIZE="1"]AEK 2007/2008=REAL Champions win on the field, not in the courts. Euro 2004 champs. Eurobasket 2005 and 1987 champs. FIBA WC 2006 Silver Medal. FIBA WC U19 Gold Medal 1995. Non-qualification equals no progressAlexander
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 06:17
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by plato-ny
Media reports suggested that AEK fans were angry at paying more for their passage on the ferry than Olympiakos fans.
No, AEK fans were angry because their team lost. And since they were at a ship, they decided to riot at a ship (you can only break what's in front of you and all that). Typical hooligan mindset. The captain should have thrown whoever was breaking stuff overboard and let them swim to Athens. And if most of them were drown, they would do us a favor.

Needless to say that like every time it was only a handfull of people doing the damage.

That's not a bad idea actually... get the hooligans of every team on big boat and let them fight it out to death. Then sink the ship in a part of the ocea with many sharks.

Last edited by AMOROSO!; May 12th, 2006 at 06:47.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 18:30
Star Player

Also there was a rumour yesterday that some people(maybe from Alikarnasos club) gave everybody 50Euro to pay for their meal and not cause any troubles inside the ship...
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 19:50 Thread Starter
Rising Star

I don't understand why there is such a big thing happening because of the fans of AEK burning down that ship. It is hooliganism outside the stadium and we shouldn't care that much I think.

About the match. Some people here have been insisting saying that AEK was much better but unfortunately lost. A team that looses 3-0 can NEVER have been better in a match. I was the fiist one to say that the first half was awful, especially because Olympiakos didn't try anything out but this is far away from what Covert and Icarus are saying. The match is 90 minutes and the defense has to play well for the full time. It is not our fault if Santos decided to start the match with Dellas and not Alexopoulos. Iit is not our fault if Cirillo wasn't near Konstantinou in the first goal. Unless you want to start counting the goals that are scored due to the superiority of the offender. Or maybe you want to change the rules in the derbies between Olympiakos and AEK, so that the own goals that are scored for Olympiakos will not count. You remind me the fans of Olympiakos when watching our team in the Champions' league.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 20:02
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I don't understand why there is such a big thing happening because of the fans of AEK burning down that ship. It is hooliganism outside the stadium and we shouldn't care that much I think.
Because it's still hooliganism and hooliganism is football's problem.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 20:14
Star Player

Quote:
:eekani: :eekani: :eekani:
Are you SERIOUS????
What would you say if the ship was yours?That it's an off stadium hooliganism act??
All this damage where due to the final.
Some people can't stand losing but behaviours like those must be HEAVILY punished.
BTW what do you say about Olympiakos fans breaking the stadium without no real purpose before the game??And police didn't threaten them at all.
(I don't mention the broken seats from both sides as this is a USUAL thing in Greek stadiums)
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 22:02 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Of course what happened in Iraklio before the match is awful. I really can't understand why the fans of Olympiakos broke the toilets and they broke that many seats. I just don't get it. About the ship, the money is going to be payed by AEK anyway, so I don't feel any sympathy for the owner, who is an ***hole by the way. I feel sorry for the people who were working in the ship.

Generally speaking, the fans of AEK feel that they have every right deciding upon their team because they helped Nikolaidis to become the owner of the team. In a larger scale, the same happens in PAOK. Remember what was happening against Voulinos? Remember what happened against Mpatatoudis? Now it happens against Goumenos. But they were the ones that helped the most these people in order to get the team. Olympiakos and PAO have different sources of hooliganism, which are even more frightening because they don't even have any motivation. Sometimes I feel like it is controlled by people who haven't got much to do about football. Remember that case with the Russians hooligans in Pagrati? How weird was that? Anyway, nothing to be proud of.

The point is that in the stadium, you see drugs, you see weapons, I even know cases about fans stealing from other fans of the same team!!! There is hardly any safety any more. Very often, fans of Olympiakos are fighting each other, just for a seat, or a player etc. And you see all these scumbags controlling the gates. That is the main reason that I don't go to football matches any more.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2006, 22:30
Star Player

Quote:
Of course what happened in Iraklio before the match is awful. I really can't understand why the fans of Olympiakos broke the toilets and they broke that many seats. I just don't get it. About the ship, the money is going to be payed by AEK anyway, so I don't feel any sympathy for the owner, who is an ***hole by the way. I feel sorry for the people who were working in the ship.
No you right.They could have killed some of the ships crew.
I don't give a f**k for those hooligans.No matter which team they support.They should feel sorry for themselves.
The fact is that this f****g s**t Orfanos does nothing to stop them.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2006, 23:23
Forum Manager
Star Player

Ikarus, wonderful pictures , thank you

here are the links to the goals

http://amon777.proboards31.com/index...ead=1147288817

I could not see the game , only hear on the radio, so I am especially thankful for the pics and the videos

I hope the hooligans will be punished and also pay for the damage' not the club but every hooligan, maybe they will think better before doing it again

I also think that the clubs should ban them to go to games for a time or forever, according to the severeness of the crime

Tomorrow is the big fiesta, Maradona inclided, wish i were there
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2006, 23:42
Rising Star

Teams: Euro 2004 champs and AEK Athens
Quote:
Originally Posted by george_acp
No you right.They could have killed some of the ships crew.
I don't give a f**k for those hooligans.No matter which team they support.They should feel sorry for themselves.
The fact is that this f****g s**t Orfanos does nothing to stop them.
New tickets to halt hooligans

A significant step to drive hooligans out of Greek soccer grounds will be taken in about three weeks, Sports Minister Giorgos Orfanos said yesterday, when firms bid for the contract to set up an electronic ticketing system.

The new system will force fans to supply identification when buying their tickets and to show it when entering soccer grounds. Orfanos said this will stop the selling of mass blocks of tickets to clubs of team supporters — often thought to be responsible for violence. This practice of selling tickets in bulk makes it hard to trace troublemakers.

The system should be in place for the start of the soccer season in August, when the first division Super League will be launched. Meanwhile, an AEK fan was charged with attempted murder for firing a flare at a coast guard from the ferry carrying supporters from the cup final in Crete. Three other fans were charged with criminal damage.

[SIZE="1"]AEK 2007/2008=REAL Champions win on the field, not in the courts. Euro 2004 champs. Eurobasket 2005 and 1987 champs. FIBA WC 2006 Silver Medal. FIBA WC U19 Gold Medal 1995. Non-qualification equals no progressAlexander

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in