Originally Posted by AMOROSO!
Do you think AEK is getting rid for him because he's not good enough or because Ivic can't stand him?
I’m guessing a bit of both. He’s a bad coach, and friction with an AEK legend, and one of Demis best friends probably precipitated his departure
Lets look at some facts:
1) He has never beat OSFP in the 3 years he was an AEK coach.
2) He has a serious inability to read the game and makes horrible substitutions.
3) His line up is always way to defensive, and relies to much on service from Lakis :eekani:, and J. Cezar (two players that aren’t exactly what I would call good at crossing)
4) In the last two years our UEFA record with him has been horrible [1-2-5]. That’s right we only managed to win 1 game against the likes of Gorica, Aachen, and Zenit.
5) He has us playing terrible football
6) We only managed to win 2 of the 6 derby matches this year [- 6 GAA].
7) We struggled against almost every team not to mention the 2nd and 3rd division clubs we faced in the cup (minus Giannina).
1) We do have the best defense in Greece (copped 3 less goals than OSFP)
2) We could finish 2nd (all we need is 1 point against Xanthi).
3) We are in the cup final.
IMO he shouldn’t have gone out and announced his departure the DAY BEFOR THE CUP FINAL, AND 5 DAYS BEFORE THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF OUR SEASON. The bloody malaka was trying to save face and in the process probably harmed the teams cohesion :thmbdown:
I’m happy he’s gone but he should have made the announcement after our game against Xanthi...