Hooligans Strike Again - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2005, 15:38 Thread Starter
International

Hooligans Strike Again

Supporters brought more shame to Greek football when their actions resulted in the game being v Levadiakos being halted by the referee. A TV van was set alight outside the ground.

this is disgraceful behaviour and shoudl be condoned by all fans.

I await to hear the response from fans of Greek football as to how this disease can be readicated from Greek football. It will bring football to its knees, attendances will fall, stadia will be closed and sponsors will not wish to be associated with a sport infested with hooliganism.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2005, 16:19
Xtratime Legend

It was 30 people. If the police can't arrest 30 people and have to throw TEAR GAS at them, I say a big part of the responsibility lays with the police.

Hooliganism is a problem, but it remains a problem only because the clubs want it that way. Eventually, they will realise that it's far more important to draw the rest of the society to the sport rather than sucking up to a few thousand organised supporter clubs.

Demis might be a little pretentious, but he is right about many things, and he on that matter he is leading by example.

By the way, two points: One, the game was not halted because of hooliganism but because of the tear gas thrown by the police as they were waiting for the air to clear and two, all these things happened outside the stadium.

And why "shame on Greek football"? I'm NOT ashamed of what these morons do, because I'm not one of them. Shame on themselfs and only.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2005, 16:46 Thread Starter
International

It is shame on themselves but they drag everyone into their pit of disgrace.

In England we had similar problems and attendances fell (At Highbury the average attendance was approx 23000 in a stadium holding over 50000 at the time.). The police and courts need to be firm in punishing the culprits. Clubs need to install CCTV to catch the thugs and then they shoudl be banned for life.

This in a weekend when rioting occurred in Cyprus and a policeman died of a heart attack.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2005, 18:54
Xtratime Legend

The police cant do anything the Greek supporter groups are very powerful and most of the club officials are afraid of them. As far as i know they have banned supporters from games before in the derbies but it hasnt helped.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2005, 21:55
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambis
the Greek supporter groups are very powerful and most of the club officials are afraid of them.
They're not afraid of them, they're employing them.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2005, 22:31
Rising Star

Greek football shouldn't be ashamed :frustrat: I'm shure all over Europe has it's fair share of hooliganism.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2005, 23:04
Premier Player

We should be ashamed, doesn't matter what else is happening. It's all one big joke and it's very tiring, we've been through it before. Bottom line is, until they actually start to give a shit nothing will happen.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2005, 23:09
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: HELLAS, AEK, Srbija, Ukraine
What a disaster.

WTF are these guys doing there with no tickets anyways? They bitched about the 40Euro price but didn't buy them instead tried to storm into the area for Levadiakos fans, and now they will cost the club many home match fan bans and lots of $$$.

To pio omorfo pragma sto kosmo einai na agapas tin AEK!
Det Vackraste i den har varlden, ar att alska AEK!
Самая прекрасная вещь на свете, это любить АЕК!
La plus belle chose dans le monde est l'amour pour l'AEK!
La cosa piu' bella nel' mondo e' di amare l'AEK!
Dünya'da en güzel şey, AEK aşkı.
A legszebb dolog a világon az AEK iránti imádat.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2005, 01:59
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos7
We should be ashamed, doesn't matter what else is happening. It's all one big joke and it's very tiring, we've been through it before. Bottom line is, until they actually start to give a shit nothing will happen.
We should not be blamed becuase some idiots felt like starting a riot. Amoroso is right about this isssue. Besides hooliganism is much bigger in other countries than here.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2005, 05:00
Forum Manager
Star Player

Personally I don't care what it is like in other countries. Too long has this been used to let these types of people off the hook.

Utter nonsense this stuff.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2005, 05:17
Premier Player

Teams: PAO, Celtic, Greek NT, Lions, Pistons, Wings
Amo is right. The clubs definitely could eradicate hooliganism if they wanted... but they dont want to employ policemen privately, they expect the state to take care of it and because the state could give two shits -- we have what we have.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2005, 15:14
Premier Player

Teams: South Melbourne HFC -AEK FC - Hellas Verona FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOROSO!
It was 30 people. If the police can't arrest 30 people and have to throw TEAR GAS at them, I say a big part of the responsibility lays with the police.

Hooliganism is a problem, but it remains a problem only because the clubs want it that way. Eventually, they will realise that it's far more important to draw the rest of the society to the sport rather than sucking up to a few thousand organised supporter clubs.

Demis might be a little pretentious, but he is right about many things, and he on that matter he is leading by example.

By the way, two points: One, the game was not halted because of hooliganism but because of the tear gas thrown by the police as they were waiting for the air to clear and two, all these things happened outside the stadium.

And why "shame on Greek football"? I'm NOT ashamed of what these morons do, because I'm not one of them. Shame on themselfs and only.

Exactly, the coppers made a complete mess of it though this doesn't justify the stupidity that followed afterwards. Still ALPHA had a field day with the sensasionalist rubbish they put out every other day. An OM21 comrade was present, didn't know what the fuss was about whilst another just flew out looking foward to the paok game this week. His worst fears have just been realised. Well done to the twits concerned . :irritate:

Quote:
this is disgraceful behaviour and shoudl be condoned by all fans.

Condoned????? I think you meant condemned right?

Quote:
They're not afraid of them, they're employing them.
I don't think it's that simple mate.

Quote:
The police cant do anything the Greek supporter groups are very powerful and most of the club officials are afraid of them.
Don't know where you got that from. :undecide:

" The thing is though, no matter how bad your team happens to be, you will still love them. Divorce is not an option in the world of football supporting, it really is a case of death do us part."

AEK till I die!

Ale Viola! FORZA BUTEI!

"I shall always recognise you by the dreadful sword you hold...................."

"Die Mannschaft von down under kommt nach oben"
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2005, 17:28 Thread Starter
International

The attendance was only 1800 yet the hooligans make the news.

Fans who say we shouldn't be ashamed becasue there is hooligan problems in other countries, need to wake up this is a major problem in Greece and the clubs, authorities, police and supporters clubs need to get together and eradicate the problem and quickly before people are killed.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2005, 19:38
Rising Star

Nevermind,don't bother,the fish stinks from the head,otherwise all these punks would have been locked now.The same things will keep happening on and on,cause nobody gives a fvck.Not the state,not the big club-owners,nobody.
It's the same thing,as the 100-150 anarchist m'fvckers,known to everybody,that burn and destroy people's property 15 years now,without being touched.
That's Greece.Nothing to talk about.

Last edited by CON318; November 30th, 2005 at 14:26.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2005, 01:27
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00nis
Amo is right. The clubs definitely could eradicate hooliganism if they wanted... but they dont want to employ policemen privately, they expect the state to take care of it and because the state could give two shits -- we have what we have.
When the state was involved a few years ago with security, and because of that tried to pass some laws regarding sport, UEFA and FIFA nearly kicked EPO from all competitions, so don't be so quick to criticise the state (God knows it ain't perfect) when its the big money businessmen presidents, Kokkalis included, who aren't doing what is required to move Greek football forward.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2005, 02:48
Premier Player

Teams: PAO, Celtic, Greek NT, Lions, Pistons, Wings
Oh shit look whos back from the dead

I know what you mean when it comes to passing laws and such, but I was speaking on a security level not an admin one. The police provided by the state dont do a good enough job and hence the hooliganism goes unchecked. I shouldve used different wording.

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2005, 03:11
Forum Manager
Star Player

I remember a song from the Simpsons which I think is somewhat appropriate....

"Cause there's alot of flag burners,
Who have got too much freedom,
And we wanna make it easy,
For policemen to beat them"

This small group of trouble makers need the smackdown.

Here are some of them....

http://www.aekfc.gr/index.asp?a_id=560

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2006, 20:58
World Class Player

Teams: AEK Athens & Dirty Leeds
Every country has and will have its fair share of hooliganism,its up to the club officials and the rest of the fans to make it clear the hooligans wont be tolerated or associated with.If its such a minority the clubs wont mind irradicating them forever.The greek f.a should also take a tough stance making it clear these people will not be allowed to produce a bad atmosphere at any match.

05.04.00 - 05.04.09

9 years of hurt and pain.

An anniversary we never wanted, but one we'll never forget.

R.I.P boys.

"We're gunna stay with you forever"

NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in