Pao-udinese - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2005, 15:44 Thread Starter
Star Player

Pao-udinese

This game will probably decide if we go through to the last 16 or Not.A win here with an expected defeat of werder against barcelona in the nou camp,will put us 3 pts ahead of both werder and udinese going into the last match day.

A draw in bremen will then guarantee qualification.

If we win this game we are assured of UEFA Cup place atleast,because even if we lose in bremen and udinese win against barca,all 3 teams will have 7 points,with werder having 7 points in head to head games between the 3 teams,PAO 6 and udinese only 4.So werder will go thru and us to uefa..

We really must do everything to beat udinese.Expect another 66,000 sell out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2005, 15:58
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAO_ARSENAL
This game will probably decide if we go through to the last 16 or Not.
Not really.If we win,we surely eliminate the italians' hopes for qualifying,but in Germany things are gonna be very difficult.

Quote:
A draw in bremen will then guarantee qualification.
Yes,how great that would be!
But in this game Alberto must do a lot more in tactic than he did in Spain.I don't know...Is he able to ''steal'' a draw there???
You know,seems to me that Markarian would be the propriet man just for this game...:smileani:

Quote:
If we win this game we are assured of UEFA Cup place atleast,because even if we lose in bremen and udinese win against barca,all 3 teams will have 7 points,with werder having 7 points in head to head games between the 3 teams,PAO 6 and udinese only 4.So werder will go thru and us to uefa..
I didn't know that! That's very good news man!
So,for the Uefa,it's just a match! We beat Udinese and finish 3rd!

Quote:
.Expect another 66,000 sell out
Yes,it's gonna be hell no doubt!!!It's gonna be fantastic.
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2005, 14:54
Rising Star

Teams: Panathinaikos, Barcelona, Celtic, Argentina NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CON318
You know,seems to me that Markarian would be the propriet man just for this game...:smileani:
Hahahaha
Yes.
Markarian is the perfect coach for Panathinaikos when it comes to european games.

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2005, 15:27
Rising Star

The match against Udinese in OAKA is gonna be tough.The italians are very dangerous and we should't ignore that they scored 3 goals in 10' in Germany and returned from a 3-0 score.
We should play a strong and pacient game and win to 1/2-0 if possible.
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2005, 09:16
Xtratime Legend

Udineze is in horrible form recently. But then, PAO is not at their best either and there must be some psychological problems as well, after the heavy defeat at Camp Nou and the bitchslap from Ergotelis.

But hey, we finally have a proper Cup with surprises: PAOK and PAO out from lower division teams, and we're not even in the double games yet!
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2005, 13:19
Premier Player

Teams: South Melbourne HFC -AEK FC - Hellas Verona FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOROSO!
Udineze is in horrible form recently. But then, PAO is not at their best either and there must be some psychological problems as well, after the heavy defeat at Camp Nou and the bitchslap from Ergotelis.
Thing is they're still in the hunt and unlikely as it may seem, I wouldn't put it past the kolofardoi making the next round, even after all the above!

Quote:
But hey, we finally have a proper Cup with surprises: PAOK and PAO out from lower division teams, and we're not even in the double games yet!
Just gets easier for us doesn't it? :sweeteye:

" The thing is though, no matter how bad your team happens to be, you will still love them. Divorce is not an option in the world of football supporting, it really is a case of death do us part."

AEK till I die!

Ale Viola! FORZA BUTEI!

"I shall always recognise you by the dreadful sword you hold...................."

"Die Mannschaft von down under kommt nach oben"
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2005, 19:15
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil 37
Thing is they're still in the hunt and unlikely as it may seem, I wouldn't put it past the kolofardoi making the next round, even after all the above!
PAO's got 20% chances to qualify 2nd IMO.As for the match against Udinese,i think we're gonna win and make sure of the 3rd place at least.
As for the ''kolofardoi'' you say...Yes, i know how it feels,i got the same problem! I think it should be me to play in Barca instead of Ronaldinho,but he was too kolofardos and took my place.

Last edited by CON318; November 10th, 2005 at 19:25.
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2005, 19:20
Premier Player

Teams: PAO, Celtic, Greek NT, Lions, Pistons, Wings
How are we kolofardoi? Because we defended a lot to get success?

News flash buddy, you dont defend and you get pumped 5-0, 4-1, and 7-0. Just ask the the gavroi how their brand of attacking football has helped them in the last 5 years in the CL.

post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2005, 19:32
Rising Star

Come on mate,you should sympathise him.Do you know how cruel it is,to sit on the COUCH (kanapes)and watch Panathinaikos play in Europe for so many years?
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2005, 19:40
Rising Star

You know,to deal with our own matters now,i don't know what the hell Malezani's doing...Is he actually building a team???
It's not the shocking loss against Ergotelis,that happens in football,it's just that the team seems not to have any ''personality'' at all.
I mean you watch the players in the field and they seem not to know what they're looking for in the match.No destination at all,no identity!.And the italian just keeps changing the lineups again and again...Isn't it about time he finds a stable form???
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2005, 14:00
Rising Star

Kolofardoi xekolofardoi aek still doesn't have a single victory in a CL game!
Kolofardoi but with a CL final to be proud of, 2 CL semi-finals''q-finals doesn't matter to me'' and huge victories in the european matches over the years...
So go cry watching a PAO DVD along with some arouraious.
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2005, 15:26
Xtratime Legend

Didn't you guys get a typical Olympiakos-like 5-0 trashing just last week? And didn't you loose from a very average team 3-0 the previous time you played away?

It's not like European teams shake in their pants when they have to play you.
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2005, 15:58
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOROSO!
Didn't you guys get a typical Olympiakos-like 5-0 trashing just last week? And didn't you loose from a very average team 3-0 the previous time you played away?

It's not like European teams shake in their pants when they have to play you.
Of course you got a point there and i would say that most of big european teams always consider it as a (very)lucky draw when they play us.
And i agree that in the last 2-3 years PAO has nothing to do with the old glorious team in european games.But that noway gives the right to the Aektzides or,even worst,to the ''meli-ypallilous'',to say they're the same with us.Even in our worst years, we can demonstrate two ties against Arsenal(one in London),wins against Werder,Rangers away,PSV and others.I'm not saying Europe should be scared,but there's always no comparison between us and the other greek teams in that matter.
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2005, 18:40 Thread Starter
Star Player

Bravo re,sosta ta les.Im sure wer gona beat udinese,wel get at them and pressure them early,Manzios will be very hard to handle for their defenders
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2005, 18:54
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Of course you got a point there and i would say that most of big european teams always consider it as a (very)lucky draw when they play us.
And i agree that in the last 2-3 years PAO has nothing to do with the old glorious team in european games.But that noway gives the right to the Aektzides or,even worst,to the ''meli-ypallilous'',to say they're the same with us.Even in our worst years, we can demonstrate two ties against Arsenal(one in London),wins against Werder,Rangers away,PSV and others.I'm not saying Europe should be scared,but there's always no comparison between us and the other greek teams in that matter.
I just find comparison between the pathetic and the more pathetic to be pointless and not constructive. I can understand when you do considerably better than your rival to laugh at them, but last week was a prime example of the ridiculous with fans and papers getting embarassed. The results? A 1-4 and a 5-0 defeat.

Red side: Ha ha, we condeded only 4 and even scored 1! That's only 3 goals difference instead of 5!

Green side: But we were playing away from home, and we only lost 5-0 while our goalkeeper made 10 more crucial saves! We are so much better!

Black side: No look, we played a team that is in the UEFA Cup but it should really be in the CL and we lost only 1-0 away to a dodgy penalty. We're so proud! So much better than being ridiculed in the CL...

YAWN!
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2005, 10:26
Rising Star

Look,the fans' logic is just rediculus.There ain't no meaning and cause to try to find excuses for a 5-0 or 1-4 disaster and compare the opponents,the games,the scores against us and everything else in order to prove which one of our sorry-ass miserable teams is...better.
I accept that i joked about Olympiakos all the time in the past(who hasn't),but,when you go to Camp Nou and you're being used for..boxing training without being able to do anything to save your pride,when you have 1-11 goals against you in 3 matches away,what can you say about Olympiakos? You just keep the head down and look at your own mess.And at this time,my mess is so big that makes me sad..I don't care about anything else.Yes,our past is a hundred times more glorious than our red friends' one.But,trying to prove that i'm better than the arouraioi now,looks like two frogs fighting about which one is more handsome...
I just keep the right to disagree that these little things we've done better than the other all these years,was just extraordinary luck.
Anyway,it's a fact that Europe doesn't examine which of us got more victories,they just consider all of us as a joke.
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2005, 13:16
Rising Star

Quote:
PAO has nothing to do with the old glorious team in european games.
We are building a new team here.
We can't ask from them NOW to go and beat Schalke, Porto in Germany or Portugal for example...
As the previous team did.
Ajax a team with 4 CL trophies, and I remember them loosing 5-0 to Bayern in Munich and 3-2 to Maccabi when they where trying to biuld the new Ajax after the Van der Mayde, Ibrahimovic etc. era...
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2005, 15:48
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravakos-13
We are building a new team here.
We can't ask from them NOW to go and beat Schalke, Porto in Germany or Portugal for example...
As the previous team did.
Ajax a team with 4 CL trophies, and I remember them loosing 5-0 to Bayern in Munich and 3-2 to Maccabi when they where trying to biuld the new Ajax after the Van der Mayde, Ibrahimovic etc. era...
A big loss to a 5-0 or whatever is not the end of the world.La Korunia lost 8-3 from Monaco,but nobody could say it wasn't a great team.I'm not standing at this score,i'm not even standing at the three away disasters we had so far.
The management says they're building a new team.I agree with that.
I also agree with they philosofy they got,with the chances they give to the young players,with the support to the coach no matter what results are.All these are steps ahead.
I just have some doubts about what team Gigger really wants to make.
The way i see it,he's trying all the cheap choices he can find.
I mean,by bringing a (set free) reserve from Liverpool,a (free) old star and some B level (for Europe) players like Seric,how can you fight the great powers?
I'm not saying Biscan and Flavio ain't good players,it's just that a really big team needs more talent than Vydra or Goumas or Kotsios or Seric or Wooter or even Charalabidis.
And something else.Do you really think that,if Darlas or Mantzios continue like this and become highly wanted by any European clubs,the management will keep them here??
Not a chance men!!! They're gonna sell them the next day.That's their politics,we've seen it,we know it...
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2005, 19:05
Xtratime Legend

Or probably label them loosers and let them sign for Olympiakos on a free and play silly songs when they return to play against PAO.
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2005, 20:00
Rising Star

You guys are making it seem like Panathinaikos is a little team. We have been to the finals and semi finals many times. We should be proud to even reach the quarter finals. We should be even proud to be in the Champions league. There are teams that dream to be in the Champions League. Yes what happened against Barcelona was messy but if it wasn't for our goal keeper (our hero) we would have conceeded 10 goals. Now our team is not fit to win a Champions league but we kept on trying no matter what.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in