Why new arena being made - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2005, 17:25 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Wisla Krakow, Barcelona
Why new arena being made

I'm wondering why Pana want a new stadium when there current one is beautiful and has 60 something thousand seats.

People I like - All of you untill you annoy me.

People I dislike - People that disagree with me on these boards

My life story - Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2005, 17:42
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojtekowak
I'm wondering why Pana want a new stadium when there current one is beautiful and has 60 something thousand seats.
Simply,because the OAKA stadioum,which is really magnificent,doesn't belong to Panathinaikos,but to the state.PAO just uses it,cause Leoforos stadioum is too small and old.
PAO needs the new stadioum built,the problem is it's gonna be 40-45.000 seats,obviouly it should be bigger.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2005, 19:32
Premier Player

Plus OAKA has a track. (Olympic) A new, modern stadium will have a better atmosphere.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2005, 01:24
Xtratime Legend

But OAKA when full looks really fantastic. Easily one of the best stadiums in Europe, even if it is not a proper "football" one.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2005, 04:16
Legend

What will OAKA (which looks stunning btw) be used for once PAO moves seeing as all clubs have their own stadia? National team games? Not too many of those per year.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2005, 06:38
Premier Player

Teams: PAO, Celtic, Greek NT, Lions, Pistons, Wings
You know Im not sure... definitely the Cup Final and NT games but it will probably lie fairly untouched like when AEK played at Nikos Goumas and PAO at Leoforos. AEK is also planning a new stadium though I dont know if theyve started and when it will be finished.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2005, 10:57
International

A new stadium is a must.

Stadiums with running tracks around it have no atmosphere. The new Olympiakos stadium has a great atmosphere and is intimidating for the opposing players.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2005, 15:36
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrija PFC
What will OAKA (which looks stunning btw) be used for once PAO moves seeing as all clubs have their own stadia? National team games? Not too many of those per year.

AEK will still be there for years after PAO. PAO should have a stadium in the next 2-3 years, I don't see AEK getting one within the next 5.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2005, 09:59 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Wisla Krakow, Barcelona
I dunno I think when I saw PAO vs Wisla the stadium and fans had alot to do with it. Rijkaard said after the match the stadium and fans were intimidating. An Olympic track makes a stadium look big. Just because fans are further from the field doesn't make that much difference. Milan still do well enough at home, their fans are far from the pitch.

People I like - All of you untill you annoy me.

People I dislike - People that disagree with me on these boards

My life story - Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2005, 12:23
Rising Star

Teams: Olympiakos & Ellas.
I think a roof has alot to do with it too, in most stadiums that have athletics tracks and have no roofs the noise tends to filter out..but on the other hand this has never been the case with OAKA even prior to its renovations i remember watching Olympiako and PAO play some big C.L games and the fans were very very loud...

10th March 1925
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2005, 14:08
Rising Star

Lissen to you, you want no tracks also.. yea if you do it the olympiakos style and have the stands 5 meters up instead.
Imagine ur fans being able to grab the olympiakos players in the derby..you dont think? well i ****en do...
unfrtunately we are not realy for these stadiums unless we do other changes aswell, the only country that can have these stadiums without troubble is england.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2005, 14:28
International

I think you find these stadiums in most European countries. The problem of hooligans can be solved with:

CCTV
Fines and bans for fans
Perspex fences
Thin wire fenses aka Fiorentina

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in