Rehhagel's call ups: Dellas is back, Kotsolis and Mantzios are in! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 86 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 12:43 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Rehhagel's call ups: Dellas is back, Kotsolis and Mantzios are in!

This is Rehhagel's team for the crucial WC qualifiers games against Denmark and Georgia:

Goalkeepers:
Nikopolidis (Olympiakos)
Kotsolis (AEL)

Defenders:
Vydra (PAO)
Seitaridis (Dynamo Moscow)
Goumas (PAO)
Dellas (AEK)
Kapsis (Olympiakos)
Fyssas (Hearts)
Kyrgiakos (Glascow Rangers)
Anatolakis (Olympiakos)

Midfielders:
Katsouranis (AEK)
Kafes (Olympiakos)
Zagorakis (PAOK)
Karagounis (Benfica)
Basinas (no club)
Giannakopoulos (Bolton)

Forwards:
Lyberopoulos (AEK)
Vryzas (Fiorentina)
Salpiggidis (PAOK)
Charisteas (Ajax)
Gekas (PAO)
Mantzios (PAO)
Papadopoulos (PAO)

I honestly can't understand this man. I have no comment on Kotsolis because I haven't seen him play enough this season, but... Mantzios?!?!? He had what, TWO good games for PAO and he's called up in the national team? If he feels he needs to call up another striker (why we need 7 strikers in the team when we seldom use more than 2 is beyond me) why not Samaras who is easily better than Mantzios? From then on, the same stupitidies... Vydra, Basinas, Vryzas are there. Vydra has been with amazing consistency the worse player of PAO in every single game he has played. Basinas is not even training with a team at the moment, and Vryzas hasn't played a decent game for NT or club for over 1 year now and is obviously way, way past it. I have big objections about Gekas too considering his form, but he's never had a fair chance with the national team so it's ok...

Hopefully Dellas is ok and can shape up the defence. If he isn't, it's better if he doesn't play.

And something else: None of this Basinas nonsense. Kafes MUST start. He's by far the most in form Greek player at the moment. Even ahead of Katsouranis who is completely off-form!

That would be my team assuming Dellas is not going to play:

Nikopolidis

Giourkas - Katsouranis - Anatolakis/Kyrgiakos - Fyssas

Zagorakis - Kafes - Karagounis

Salpiggidis - Lyberopoulos - Giannakopoulos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 17:28
Rookie

Samaras was injured in his UEFA cup match....he's out for 5 weeks.
post #3 of 86 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2005, 19:42
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOROSO!
I honestly can't understand this man.

That would be my team assuming Dellas is not going to play:

Nikopolidis

Giourkas - Katsouranis - Anatolakis/Kyrgiakos - Fyssas

Zagorakis - Kafes - Karagounis

Salpiggidis - Lyberopoulos - Giannakopoulos
Don't get tired Amoroso...What in the hell makes you think that he's gonna change the team?
It would be really nice to see these ''Amo's 11'' start the game,but i bet ya my whole property on this:
-Kapsis 101% in..
-Charisteas 101% in..
I just hope this to be the whole of it...
I believe there is the possibility that he leaves Basinas out, I hope Lymbe is a starter and mostly I HOPE HE STARTS WITH SALPI AT LAST!!!..,but..but..
how can anyone be sure???
We must all be prepared for any occasion (for example to see Basinas & Vryzas again)

post #4 of 86 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2005, 01:22
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: HELLAS, AEK, Srbija, Ukraine
Well I don't understand some people. With newer additions of late being Lybe (thank God!!!), Sal and Matzios up front, how can some complain still?

Now Amoroso I DO agree with you with regards to Vyntra. I seriously don't know how this kid get's game at all. He is absolutely terrible.

Vryzas IMO is also done and done. A waste of a roster space, but what can we do Otto trusts him? I seriously don't see him starting ahread of Sal or Matzios.

As for Kafes...... :undecide: Don't like him, but I would have to use him in the mid ahead of a Basinas who hasn't played nor trained with a club in a long time.

To pio omorfo pragma sto kosmo einai na agapas tin AEK!
Det Vackraste i den har varlden, ar att alska AEK!
Самая прекрасная вещь на свете, это любить АЕК!
La plus belle chose dans le monde est l'amour pour l'AEK!
La cosa piu' bella nel' mondo e' di amare l'AEK!
Dünya'da en güzel şey, AEK aşkı.
A legszebb dolog a világon az AEK iránti imádat.
post #5 of 86 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2005, 07:36
Premier Player

Teams: PAO, Celtic, Greek NT, Lions, Pistons, Wings
Amo we are toothless up front. You cant complain for Rehhagel doing all he can to find a solution (hes done everything short of calling up Choutos and Machlas!) -- I also think this is more of a strategem on his part to make it seem like hes going to replace the regulars when in reality he isnt but just wants to push them harder by making them believe they are going to be replaced.

post #6 of 86 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2005, 10:46
Rising Star

Teams: Panathinaikos, Barcelona, Celtic, Argentina NT
What's wrong with the Mantzios calling;
I like it.
Otto wanted a backup for Charisteas with the same characteristics in his game.
Vyntra is crap as always couse this guy isn't a right back but a defender.
As long as they use him as a right back he will continue to perform crap.
Vryzas is a done player.
He is crap, he can't score, he can't run he is tottaly useless.
But he must be in starting eleven even with a broken arm......
post #7 of 86 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2005, 12:21
Rising Star

I think Mantzios is gonna be usefull for the NT in the future,but there's no chance he plays in Copenhagen.It's too early for him.
It's obvious Rehhagel will start Charisteas and,if the match goes badly,he'll throw Salpigidis in.But Salpi should be a starter,he is fast and usefull for the sudden attacks.
post #8 of 86 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2005, 13:03 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus
Well I don't understand some people. With newer additions of late being Lybe (thank God!!!), Sal and Matzios up front, how can some complain still?
Because they aren't playing. Rehhagel is calling them up, and either let them yawn on the bench or give them 10 minutes at the end of the game playing on right wing to chase hoofed up balls. They do fvck all of course. Then he says "nah, he is not good enough" and he keeps selecting Vryzas and Charisteas who can have 45677939 bad games and are still there. THANK GOD Lyberopoulos scored so he might get some playing time in Copenhagen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00nis
Amo we are toothless up front. You cant complain for Rehhagel doing all he can to find a solution.
I disagree with that. We are not toothless, as long as he plays the right players and not Vryzas. And unless the strikers have something to bite on, it doesn't matter if they are toothless or have a mean bite. Contrary to you people, I still rate Charisteas as a finisher... He just never has anything to finish. The main problem is in midfield and our lack of creativity. Add to that that Fyssas and Seitaridis are not going up as much as they should, and there you go.

As for Mantzios... I don't disagree he's a decent player and in the future he's a very valid option for the NT. But so far he has scored about 10 goals in the league in his ENTIRE career. I mean, what is that? As soon as a player signs for PAO and gets a starting spot, he gets called up in the NT no matter how good or bad they play. Vydra, Gekas and now Mantzios.
post #9 of 86 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2005, 13:40
Rising Star

[QUOTE=Icarus]Well I don't understand some people. With newer additions of late being Lybe (thank God!!!), Sal and Matzios up front, how can some complain still?

You must be joking.Where are the additions?You see any newcomers play?Lymbe played 30' against Kazakstan and if we had scored earlier,he wouldn't have played at all.The same with Salpigidis.He calls them just to sit on the bench and,nomatter what,starts with Charisteas and Vryzas.
And something else about Lymberopoulos:He may be something like anti-tsartas right now,he is very usefull for the NT in the situation this team is and i agree he must play,but the truth is there's no place for players like him in modern football.
As for Katsouranis,the new...Loukanidis('Ημαρτον!!!),that's another discussion...
post #10 of 86 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2005, 15:08
Star Player

manzios will be a world star in 3 years.
post #11 of 86 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2005, 06:33
Premier Player

I dont know about world star but I think Mantzios is very good at doing the little things like Vryza, but I also think he has all the physical attributes that Vryzas lacks now. He also can be a nice finisher.

Amo we are toothless, our strikers have been absolutely throwing chances away. The CC games v Mexico and Japan, the qualifier v Ukraine, the game in Kazakhstan. These guys simply cant score.

post #12 of 86 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2005, 11:13
Rising Star

Salpigidis is in top form right now, he scores in almost every game.
I'd say he must be in the starting line up for the next game.
Salpi is fast and short, a real demon in the area, he reminds me of Saviola.
Together with Charisteas''I'd preffer Liberopoulos, but we all know Charisteas will play'' would be a good duo.
Either Charisteas-Salpigidis or Charisteas-Liberopoulos must be our offence from now on.
No more Vryzas please, I just can't stand it.
post #13 of 86 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2005, 09:06
Forum Manager
Star Player

Teams: HELLAS, AEK, Srbija, Ukraine
[QUOTE=CON318]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus

You must be joking.Where are the additions?You see any newcomers play?Lymbe played 30' against Kazakstan and if we had scored earlier,he wouldn't have played at all.The same with Salpigidis.He calls them just to sit on the bench and,nomatter what,starts with Charisteas and Vryzas.
And something else about Lymberopoulos:He may be something like anti-tsartas right now,he is very usefull for the NT in the situation this team is and i agree he must play,but the truth is there's no place for players like him in modern football.
As for Katsouranis,the new...Loukanidis('Ημαρτον!!!),that's another discussion...
Hey IF Otto uses the callups then we are still in better shape than with Charisteas-Vryzas.

IF Otto does. But we can't very well start complaining until we see what happens on Saturday and if Otto actually uses Sal/Mantzios.

To pio omorfo pragma sto kosmo einai na agapas tin AEK!
Det Vackraste i den har varlden, ar att alska AEK!
Самая прекрасная вещь на свете, это любить АЕК!
La plus belle chose dans le monde est l'amour pour l'AEK!
La cosa piu' bella nel' mondo e' di amare l'AEK!
Dünya'da en güzel şey, AEK aşkı.
A legszebb dolog a világon az AEK iránti imádat.
post #14 of 86 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2005, 17:00 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Well, Charisteas is injured (concussion) and won't play in the match. That could turn out to be either good or bad, depending on how Rehhagel chooses to replace him. If it's Vryzas on top, well... we're ****ed. On other other hand, it opens the door to the starting line up to a decent striker...

Fyssas also struggles to regain form. Rehhagel has no other left back in the squad, so we could see either Karagounis, Goumas or Vydra play there.
post #15 of 86 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2005, 19:13
Premier Player

He (Otto) could always try playing Stelios at left back as he did in Spain two years ago. Its not any kind of permanent solution but Stelios has the pace and stamina to do it pretty well in terms of simply a quick stop-gap solution. I would much prefer to see Vyntra dropped in favor of Darlas actually, I think hes the left back of the future.

post #16 of 86 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2005, 19:29 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

I don't know, whenever I seen Darlas play I thought of him as quite average. Perhaps he'll prove me wrong, but we shouldn't forget that he's not exactly a teenager - he should be about 22-23 now.

Personally, with Venetidis injured the only viable solution for left back for Greece as Fyssas' back up is Kotsios. Better him than nothing.
post #17 of 86 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2005, 19:55
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOROSO!
I don't know, whenever I seen Darlas play I thought of him as quite average. Perhaps he'll prove me wrong, but we shouldn't forget that he's not exactly a teenager - he should be about 22-23 now.

Personally, with Venetidis injured the only viable solution for left back for Greece as Fyssas' back up is Kotsios. Better him than nothing.
Nope.
Kotsios can't play as a left back, it's the same situation as Vyntra as a right back.
Kotsios played as a left back at last year's game Ionikos - Panathinaikos, and he was pretty bad.
Darlas on the other hand could be a decent solution.
I disagree with the average rating.
I think he is pretty good.
And yes, he is 22 now ''in 19 days anyway''.
post #18 of 86 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2005, 21:03
Premier Player

The striker situation could be a blessing assuming Otto does right.

But 99% we will probably see Vryzas...

Fyssas out sucks, not because he is great but because this means Vyntra will probably play, or maybe Goumas but that doesn't inspire anybody either.

Sometimes I wonder how we can possibly win this game.....
post #19 of 86 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2005, 21:08 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

We can't. I'm quite sure Denmark will spank us, and not because Charisteas and Fyssas are not available...
post #20 of 86 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2005, 23:33
Star Player

..............Nikopolidis

Seitaridis Kapsis Kyrgiakos Vyntra

Stelios Katsouranis Zagorakis Karagounis

......Liberopoulos Salpigidis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in